Jen's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2009, 02:24 PM
cydonia1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, so how to start one of these? I am pretty long winded at times, so hopefully I can keep it more interesting than rambly. Or maybe rambly is interesting too. lol!

About Me & my Family
I'll start with an introduction. My name is Jennifer and I'm turning 31 on October 30, 2009. My husband is Ryan, who is 27. We were married on August 29, 2008 and have been together for a total of 4 years. We currently have three kitties: Mandy (17), Maya (1), Skye (1).

Mandy is my special baby. 17 years ago a stray cat wandered into my life. I was allowed to keep her and we then discovered she was pregnant! She gave birth to a healthy litter of kittens, but sadly was hit by a car and killed two weeks later. My mom and I raised the kittens by hand, and Mandy was one of those darlings. She has been with me ever since. She is almost completely blind now and has kidney/rectal problems. She's on special food, medication, and I have to give her water by IV. But since we started the IV treatments she has been doing wonderful and is a very loving, cuddly kitty. She's holding in there well and hopefully will stay with us for a while longer yet.

Maya & Skye we adopted last December. They were from two different litters of kittens from the same home. Both are Manx but Skye has a stubby tail and Maya has a full, fluffy tail. Skye definitely looks like a Manx, with the stub tail and different spine/body shape that Manx tend to have. Maya looks more like a Norwegian Forest cat. Both are beautiful and sweet!

Journey to TTC
Although I made sure Ryan knew I wanted kids before we agreed to get married, I also knew that he was slightly reluctant. On one hand, he liked the idea of having kids. On the other, he viewed it as literally the end of his life when that happened and he wasn't ready to say goodbye to life yet.

I posted about this here, so I'll let you go read that if you want to.

Suffice it to say, I have reformed him! I'm sure he's still holding on to bad thoughts about it, but I think they are born of fear, and who isn't scared?? Well, some may not be, but I know I am. I told him that at one point and I think it helped. Now he seems to be just as into it as I am. Maybe he's just good at being supportive, because he knows the time is as right as it's going to get (I'm older than him, so I'm way more ready than he is).

Either way, we agreed that we'd start TTC in October, and we did!

My Journey So Far...
This has probably been the longest cycle I've ever had.. at least, that's how it feels. September 23rd my period started, CD 1. It was a typical period and had started 32 days after my last one. For the past few months I've been averaging 32 day long cycles. Through out this year I've been as few days as 27 to as long as 39! The majority have been around 30 days I believe.

Here's an excerpt from my personal, offline, journal that I made on CD 1:
Quote:
I'm feeling excited. I'm thrilled about the thought of Ryan and I trying to conceive. I'm also really scared. I'm scared of the pain of childbirth. I'm scared of how it may affect my job. I'm worried about money and making it all work. I'm wishing I could be a stay-at-home mom, even though I'm resigned to the fact that that may never be a possibility.
On CD 13 I decided to try this temp charting thing. That meant I lost out on 12 days of temperatures, but at least I got started. On CD 14 Ryan and I made a trip out of town to pick up some Pre~Seed. I cannot enjoy BD'ing without lube, so it was a must for us! We used it that night (and let me say it is awesome stuff)! Oh, and my temp dipped on that day.

The strange thing about CD 14 is that I got some very light brown spotting on this day. There was no way it was implantation bleeding (we hadn't even DTD yet) and it was far too early for my next AF, plus it didn't seem like an AF. No cramping, no pain, no discomfort, nothing.

CD 15 I noticed my temp soared from 96.3 to 97.2. The bleeding was still there, very very light, slightly pink. I did all the research I could on it and figured it must be ovulation bleeding. It didn't fit anything else. And if I think back on my cycle history, I can remember other spotting (even this year) that happened around the similar time.

The spotting didn't stop until sometime on CD 17. CD 18 was a strange day for me. I got up way too early for my day off (9:30) but felt full of energy (I never feel full of energy). I felt really hyper too and noticed creamy CM. Ryan & I DTD again that night.

On CD 18 my temp had dropped a very slight bit, to 97.1, then jumped to 97.5 on CD 19. This may indicate ovulation, but I had a drop and spike around CD 14-15 too on top of the spotting, so I still think that was ovulation.

Now, since CD 20 my temp has been steadily climbing from 97.1 to today's high 97.9. Fun thing happened this morning. I stuck the thermometer in then lay back down in bed. I promptly drifted into a half-asleep phase, and in this I thought for sure I had checked the thermometer and saw that it said 97.9. When the beeping went off and I really looked it it, it did say that! lol

Symptoms-wise, at the risk of listing every ache and hiccup as a sign.. I have noticed myself to be extremely tired lately. I've had random slight nausea (nothing big), occasional light cramps on my right lower side, bloating/gas like crazy.

I'm still pretty convinced I must have ovulated around CD 14-15, which would put me at 10 DPO today. I mean, for all that I've read, ovulation bleeding happens during ovulation, not four days before. So even though CD 18 may look like a logical ovulation (matches my cycle), what, then was the spotting about and the temp dive/spike that happened around it? Hmm. Guess we won't know for a while yet.

In either case, if my cycle is the typical 30-32 days then my AF will be due around October 23-25. If my cycle has decided to be shorter (and if my luteal phase is the typical 14 days after ovulation) then I may be due by October 20. We'll see!

Thanks for visiting my journal! Now that I am caught up on this cycle I'll try to post semi-regularly as things happen, instead of the super-long catch up post.

October 17th, 2009, 07:32 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to ttc and journals!!

Im Stef I look forward getting to know ya and reading your journal. I hope your stay here is short and sweet.

October 21st, 2009, 11:41 PM
Today marks CD 29. My period didn't start on CD 20 and I got a BFN on CD 27, so I'm guessing that the early cycle is out. Not a big deal.. it would have been kind of odd for me to have such a short cycle anyway.

So FertilityFriend thinks I ovulated on CD 18. Research tells me that it takes anywhere from 7-10 days for the fertilized egg to travel to the uterus to implant. From CD 22-26 I was having steady 0.1 BBT rises. Monday, CD 27, was 9 DPO (if FF is correct on when I ovulated) and was the day my temp dived from 98.1 to 97.8. Implantation dip? I'm hoping so! I also had minor cramps that day.

From around Monday on I've been experiencing a few different things. First off, I never get any PMS symptoms except irritability and sensitive breasts prior to my period starting. I don't even get cramps until the first day it starts. So for me to be six days away from my due date and be having symptoms is a little odd. What I've been experiencing: light cramping (Monday only), lower back aching, pressure headaches, extreme tiredness (which on Monday included feeling like I was in a fog), heart burn, irritability, sensitive breasts.

I'm thinking at this point if I'm not pregnant, I must be sick. I just don't feel "normal". Of course, DH is convinced I'm pregnant and that I just have to get used to the idea. I won't be "used to the idea" until I've been told by a medical professional that it's real. And even then I probably won't be used to it until I hear a heartbeat!

I'm trying my best to resist doing another early HPT. I read that after implantation it could take up to 5-6 days for my hCG levels to be high enough for a HPT to pick up. If that's the case, then the earliest I should try would be Saturday. I really want to test tomorrow, though. But if it's negative still, I wonder if I can talk myself into believing it's still too early (even though it would only be two days early than my expected period).

Hmm..

October 22nd, 2009, 12:51 AM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Jen, welcome to TTC and journaling! I hope you do in fact get your BFP this cycle and this short record is all you need to keep the memory of conceiving your little one!

Just an FYI, a good HPT should pick up hCG in your system within 1-2 days after implantation. As soon as it implants, it starts creating the hormone immediately. Some girls even get BFPs as early as 8-9 DPO, though of course that's rare! Most of us here rely on FRER tests to get your definite answer one way or the other.

Good luck, and KUP!

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
October 22nd, 2009, 10:44 AM
Mommy Wannabe
I love your scrolling sig... "Pregnant until proven otherwise".
October 22nd, 2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcomes and such!

I'm trying to keep it together today. I couldn't stop myself and did a POAS this morning. BFN, no doubt about it. I'm struggling with this one because AF is due Saturday. I think I should have seen something by now. And all these wacky weird things that I've been feeling recently haven't helped me keep a level head about it. I haven't made up the things I've been feeling.. but maybe they're nothing? Sigh. My BBT chart is also looking pretty nice as far as I can tell, but it's not really helping to determine anything, I guess. My temperatures have stayed elevated for 10 days, so that seems to be a good sign.

But really.. shouldn't I get at least a faint line on a FRER 3 days before my period is due?

Should I set myself up to be hopeful that my period's not actually due until Sunday or Monday, making my faint line chances slimmer for today?

Anyway, just had to whine and "witch". So nice to have this place to complain in!

October 22nd, 2009, 07:19 PM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Send a message via MSN to Cheryl_W
Tee hee I found your journal! Sorry about the BFN, but some stats for you...

Less than 20% of TTC couples are lucky enough to get their BFP the first month.

More than 50% get it by 6 months, and almost 80% by 9 months!

I see a big beautiful BFP in your future... And since you live so close, I actually want to SEE it! LOL

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -
October 22nd, 2009, 07:50 PM
lol! Thanks for the stats. You better believe you'll see the BFP when it happens! And I want to see yours!

Yeah, I'm pushing it a bit to think I may get it the first try, but one can hope, right? Maybe I'll at least get 50% lucky. And what would be truly awesome is if we both got BFP's around the same time!!

October 22nd, 2009, 08:04 PM
Brandielou's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello and welcome I started my journal about a week ago, even though I had been on JM since this March I guess I haven't felt comfortable until I found the TTC#1 board. I hope that it may be your month and you stay is very short

Thank you HeatherW for my beautiful siggy!
October 23rd, 2009, 03:28 AM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Send a message via MSN to Cheryl_W
Oh Jenn I hope we do get PG at the same time! Not only can we go through everything together, but so can our hubbies! LOL I'm sure Ryan wouldn't mind coming over to distract Darren by playing PS3

Still can't wait to meet you guys for coffee!

I know what you mean about being comfortable here, Brandie... I intially started on the TTC board, but Leslie suggested I come over here - this is my home now, with my TTC family

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -
October 23rd, 2009, 05:57 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck sweetie!! I hope it was just too early...I would test again tomorrow if your temp is still up.

Have a great weekend.

October 23rd, 2009, 11:21 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar ***Only 1 wish***
hey i like your siggy i like your chart and hope you find yourself with a

Dec
nephews Charlie 6, Lorenzo 6
nieces Tamara 2, Arielle 9 months, Lillian 4 mos
Jan Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 2, Arielle 10 months Lillian 5 months.Feb Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara2,Arielle 11months Lillian 6 months
March Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 2 Arielle 1 ys old Lillian 7 mos
April Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 3,Arielle 1ys Lillian 8 mos
May Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 3 Arielle 1ys Lillian 9 mos
June my daughter turns 3,Charlie 6 lorenzo 6 Tamara3 Arielle 1 Lillian 10mos
July Charlie 6 lorenzo 6 Tamara 3 Arielle 1 Lillian 11 months
Aug Charlie 6 lorenzo 6 tamara 3 arielle 1ys old Lillian 1
Sept Charlie 7 Lorenzo 7 tamara 3 arielle 1ys Lillian 1ys

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 postsAug 17,14 400 posts
October 24th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Well, last night was a friend's birthday party at our place. We had a great time, but I ducked out early (early being 1am) to go to bed. I'm a night owl usually, but I don't like staying up as late as I used to. Well, DH didn't crawl into bed until around 5:30!! That's the first time he's done that in years (and he didn't really want to stay up that late but didn't want to stop everyone else from having fun). I woke up when he came to bed and before I truly realized what time it was.. started talking to him then went to the washroom.

So what's the big deal about that? I usually temp around 6-6:30.. so waking up and moving around at 5am screwed that up. And I was going to POAS today.. but I didn't think about that until after I went back to bed.

I was pretty disappointed. My AF is due either today or tomorrow, but haven't seen her yet. I expect her any time now, though. I took my temp around 9am, and I don't know if it even counts anymore, but it was down. It looks like the start of the shift from progesterone to estrogen. So I imagine AF will show today or tomorrow.

I didn't bother to try and test when I got up around 10:30. I probably could have, but it seemed kind of pointless. If AF actually doesn't show by Monday, then I will, but I'm sure she's on her way.

October 31st, 2009, 06:39 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Jenn! Hope things are going well for you I have to tell you that my DH's name is Ryan and we got married on August 30, 2008! Yay for marriage buddies! Good luck sweetie
November 1st, 2009, 01:56 PM
Hi Chrissy! That's cool about our wedding dates and DH's names! Good luck to you too!

~*~ ~*~
So my 2nd TTC cycle started October 26th. I'm on CD 7 now with an estimated o day of CD 18. I'm trying this cycle to think less about the whole process. Last time I was getting everything in order and everything went pretty well - timing, temps, etc. But it didn't work anyway. I realize that's pretty normal, but this time I'm not going to think about it all as much. I have it all figured out now (meaning, I know what I'm looking for, what temps may show, and such) so all I have to do is .. nothing. Well, that and BD, of course! I figure we'll start this Thursday and then continue every other day.

On one hand I'd really like to try the Shettles method to help conceive a girl, but on the other hand I don't want to miss the egg by timing it too early and not having any in there at all!

It was my 31st birthday last Friday. My gift from DH is a one night stay at the Harrison Hot Springs Resort! We love that place.. I've been there twice ourselves (one time being this last August for our first wedding anniversary) and I went there with the girls for my "bachelorette party". Coincidentally, the only time that worked for us to do this (to be as close to my bday as available) is on the same date that Fertility Friend thinks I'm going to ovulate! Nice timing. So we won't be soaking in the hot tub, but we can still enjoy the warm hot spring pools and the atmosphere! Maybe we can bring some candles and incense for that night....

November 1st, 2009, 02:01 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
Happy belated birthday Jen!!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
November 24th, 2009, 10:15 AM
It's been way too long since my last update. I was attempting to not think too much about TTC last cycle. On one hand it worked. I kept busy playing Dragon Age and didn't obsess too much about TTC. I did still think about it a bunch, but I kept busy mostly.

Today is CD 1. I'm not terribly surprised. We only got one opportune BD in last cycle before I ovulated (it came earlier than expected). I didn't really feel pregnant last cycle but I don't know if I can trust that much anyways since I felt pregnant the first cycle and it was nothing. Of course, I was pretty fearful that our August hot tubbing had destroyed our chances, but now I'm confident that's not a complete death sentence and things will be fine.

This cycle I have way more important things to worry about than TTC, but I'm still planning on what to do about TTC as well. I really want this to be my cycle. Of course everyone says that and every cycle we want to be "the one". But this time it's pretty special. My next AF would be due between December 23-25. That would mean I could quite literally have my BFP for Christmas! How special would that be?? It wouldn't even be a before or after Christmas thing. I could literally test right on Christmas morning if AF hasn't shown! That's exciting.

So now I'm in the first two week wait. The busy one. The one where I'm scheduling BD'ing (but not letting on to DH that it's scheduled). We'll start next week. Probably December 2nd. I'll start OPK testing around that time too. I want to try to time things for the Shettles method because we really want a girl. The Chinese Lunar Chart suggests we have a good chance of a girl this cycle. I'm also drinking lots of orange juice to help my CM be more hospitable for "girl sperm". I know none of these things are sure-fire, but it doesn't hurt to try, right?

I'm having a great time playing Dragon Age but it's sucking up most of my spare time. I am trying to convince myself to slow down on the game and start working on digital scrapbooking pages. I wanted to create a family "yearbook", starting with last year.. but I haven't even started yet. Procrastination is my poison. I'm also trying to get myself back into the writing groove. I used to (many many years ago) write for fun quite often. Now it seems I'm always "too busy". It's been a long time dream to write a fiction novel so I'm trying to kick my butt and start working on some story ideas, even if it's just for fun.

Well.. looks like I'm in for another really busy month!!

December 2nd, 2009, 01:09 PM
Not too much to update right now. It's CD 9 today and I'm planning on starting to BD every other day now. I'm going to use an OPK strip tomorrow so I'll have to update again then to show what I get. I figure if we start the BD now there's no way we can miss the mark! I'll likely ovulate anywhere between CD 14-18 based on my past cycles. We'd really like a girl, so the Shettles' method recommends BD'ing up to a day or two before ovulation. I'm not sure if we'll make that, but we'll start early just in case. I don't want to stop BD'ing just because I may ovulate, though. I want a girl, but I don't want to miss out by not having enough sperm waiting when the time is right! We'll see what happens.

December 3rd, 2009, 09:57 PM
I'll be on my second day of OPK testing tomorrow!! I too am hoping for a Christmas BFP! I already have an idea of how to tell my mom. Here's some baby dust your way I'm hoping for a boy!! I didn't know that orane juice thing... I've been eating 3 of them a day. I wonder what is supposed to be good for boys..lol

December 3rd, 2009, 10:44 PM
Ooh, good luck and baby dust right back at you!! I heard that if you want a girl you want your CM to be more acidic.. so thus the orange juice.. I'm not sure what to eat to encourage a boy.. Sometimes I think this is all just old wive's tales though, so who knows! The Shettle's method says to try to time BD'ing closer to ovulation for a boy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search