Karin's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree256Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Sky diving! That sounds exhilarating! Not that I'd do it... But

February 9th, 2012, 10:08 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
CD 7 of Cycle 40 - IVF cycle!
I'm making an honest attempt at updating my journal every day. That won't happen, but I'm going to try!

Nothing cycle-wise to report. AF has left the building, so I'm free and clear for my water test tomorrow morning. We don't have any reason to believe we will find anything abnormal, but I'm a little nervous nonetheless. Here's hoping for good results! If all is clear, I will order my meds tomorrow, and I will likely start on Friday. Weeeeee!

Spent the morning out in my driveway painting base boards. We are having tile put in the dog room (3 geriatric, incontinent dogs + carpet = bad.) The tiler is a friend of ours, who just happens to own a tiling business, so that worked out well. I was helping him out by doing some painting. He'll be back tomorrow to install the base boards, give the tile one final cleaning, then seal it. We should be able to move all the furniture out of our pool table room, back into the dog room by the weekend. Yay! This has been a long time coming, so glad it's finally getting done.

That's about all for me today. I'm stuck inside doing school work all day, which sucks because it's supposed to be 80 and sunny today. At least I'm outside while I'm painting for a bit, but maybe if I make good progress on a few papers, I'll treat myself to a cheetah visit in the afternoon

Happy Thursday everyone!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
February 9th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I understand the need for animal rooms!

Maybe you could take your schoolwork, a nice cold drink and have an outdoor study session!

Love your new siggy!!!

February 9th, 2012, 11:57 AM
You know, I do that all the time, actually! When I just have a bunch of reading to do, I bring my books to the Safari Park, and camp in one of a few places - either under a shady tree by the cheetahs, in the sun in front of Lion Camp, or sometimes, by the peaceful Mombasa Lagoon. I have done probably the better part of all my reading in one of those 3 places!

Unfortunately, I'm all done with my reading for the week, and now I just need to write papers. My main pc is a desktop, and my laptop is in the shop for repair, so I'm SOL on that one! But I just came inside after putting a 2nd coat on the baseboards, and it is SO freakin' nice out...I might just surrender to a late night of studying (since DH is traveling anyway) and enjoy a few hours with the cheetahs anyway! Even if I don't, I just now decided that i MUST have chicken salad for lunch. Normally I make it myself, but I'm all out of chicken, and I want it...NOW. So I'm going to run to Panera and treat myself. I never treat myself to lunches out during the week, I usually just make do with PB&J or tuna salad at the house. But today, I'm feeling

Nice to have you "back"

Oh, and thanks re: siggy! I've been wanting a new one for a while, but couldn't decide what pic to use...once I did, I went ahead. I love it, she is so good!

Ooooh, that gave me a fun idea... stay tuned!
Coley and blueeyes25s like this.

February 9th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Ok, so since I just got a new siggy, I got an idea...I thought I'd share all my siggies of the past...don't worry, there aren't that many

Belita likes this.

February 9th, 2012, 01:08 PM
dansyl's Avatar Missing my angel baby!
I just wanted to say I am soooooo excited about this cycle for you!!!! I just know it's gonna result in a wonderful, healthy bean!!!!

Thank you jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Adopting our miracle baby due Sept 2014!!!
February 9th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Love all the siggies! Your new one is perfect!
February 9th, 2012, 06:18 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I love all your siggies too! Good luck tomorrow, I can't wait for an update .

Forever missing my angel 2010

February 10th, 2012, 07:34 AM
I remember each and every single one of those siggies!! Just goes to show ya how long we've been TTC Sisters!!

Can't wait to hear all about your water test. I have no idea what it is, so I'm naturally curious!!

February 10th, 2012, 08:04 AM
CD 8 of Cycle 40 - IVF cycle
Well, I'm about to head out to the doctor for my water test. Nikki - the water test is also called the sHG or something like that, but I can never remember so I just call it the water test, which is what my doc always calls it. They start you out like a pap, insert a speculum thing (yuck), then insert a catheter and slowly put saline in your uterus to check for fibroids or polyps. When they described it, it sounded an awful lot like the hSG, so I was a little worried. I asked no fewer than 4 people at the office if it was like that and they all said NO WAY, this is way easier. Then they do a vag ultrasound. Shouldn't be any big deal, but of course, the last thing I need is for them to find something today, the day before I'm to start the shots. They have no reason to believe there is anything wrong, but as my RE put it "we have no reason to believe there is anything right either".

Oh well, I'll do it, granted I'd rather not go alone, but DH is traveling, and it was either he be gone for this one test, or be gone for about 4 days worth of my shots. I voted for him to be gone now As of now, I'll only have to give myself my shots for 2 days, which is plenty.

So, that's my story for the day. When I get home from the doctor, the tile should be all done! Yay! And then I will (hopefully) get to order my meds. Then, I'm blowing off school today, since I worked my butt off yesterday, and going to the Safari Park. I haven't been there all week....whenever I'm gone for more than 2 days, I get emails and such from the keepers asking if I'm ok Guess I spend a little time there, eh?

It's supposed to be gorgeous again today, so I'm going to take advantage. DH will have to work this weekend anyway I'm sure, he always does, so I can finish up my papers then.

Well, ladies, I'm off. Send some good thoughts my way that everything comes out clear. Because if it is...we're off and running!

Happy Friday!

February 10th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
that everything is a GO!
February 10th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it'll be a nice treat for yourself to go to the Safari Park after your water test. I would probably chose the same if I were you, to have DH gone for the water test and 2 days of shots vs. 4 days of shots! I hope it's all clear and that you're literally beautiful on the inside and out!

February 10th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Update!

Got back from the doctor, the water test was fine! My RE said "You have a boring uterus!" We like that! Absolutely nothing wrong with me, and I was prepared to start my shots tomorrow. But...the doctor wants me to start TONIGHT! I freaked at first, because I don't have my meds yet, as they told me to wait to order them after the water test...just in case anything was funky and I wouldn't need the meds right away, so I wouldn't be out the $$$. But the doc gave me one dose of the meds for tonight, and the rest will be here tomorrow!

YIKES! I promptly txted DH and told him "You must NOT miss your flight home...we start shots today!"

The doc feels I'm ready and I am right where I need to be to start the meds. So...

For the next 10-14 days, I will be doing 2 shots a night - one of Follistim, one of dilute hCG. I am done with my Estrogen pills, so that's nice, and my new prenatals arrived in the mail today, so I will start those tonight as well. Here's hoping they treat my tummy good!

Monday I go back for bloodwork, basically to check and see how I'm responding to the meds to see if they need to adjust my dosage. I'm on a pretty high dose as it is, as they want to get the most out of this cycle, so I'm hoping that I respond well, and no adjustments need to be made.

That's my update! I would have posted sooner, but I was chatting with our tile guy (he's also a friend of ours) while he was putting the finishing touches on our beautiful floor. I'll have to try and remember to take some pictures of it once we have all the furniture moved back in.

That's it for me! I'm headed to the Safari Park for a couple hours - it's about 80 and sunny today, and I just want to get outside!

I'll try and check in over the weekend, but I'm usually pretty bad about that. But, want to, at least for my own sake, keep my journal going through the next few weeks so that I have a record of our IVF journey.

Happy Friday!
Coley and JennyLee like this.

February 10th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Sooo for you!!!!!

February 10th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
Sooo for you!!!!!
Thanks!!! Me too!

Ok so here's the deal. I hate needles. I hate shots, hate getting blood drawn, hate the sight of needles. Yep, I'm that person.

And I'm about an hour away from having to stick myself in the belly. And all of a sudden, it's real. I'm terrified. I will have NO problem getting through it, because I know why I'm doing this, but wow, do I hate needles.

DH is currently in the air, on his way home from his travels. We weren't expecting to start shots until tomorrow night, so when my expectations were reset this morning at the RE, I freaked. My brother (as a reminder, who also went through IVF) texted me an hour ago and asked how I was doing. He knew I had my water test today, and knew I would get the instructions to start meds soon.

Here's how our conversation went:

[bro]: How ya doing?
[me]: Good, headed out to pick up pizza! Follistim starts tonight
[bro]: Big night! Enjoy the pizza.
[bro]: Two weeks of stim? (jeez, he even knows all the lingo!)
[me]: 10 to 14 days...will see how I respond on Monday!
[bro]: Cool, keep us in the loop! The pen shot is actually cool tech if you can see past the hormones.
[me]: Ya, it's pretty neat. I am like you with shots though, so we will see how "fun" this is.
[bro]: Piece of cake. Just do it.
[me]: DH/Pat will "just do it"

The next text had the caption "INCENTIVE".
It was a picture of their new baby, Mabel.

Followed shortly thereafter by a text from my SIL with a video of Mabel laughing.

I can't even begin to tell you all how glad I am that I told my brother. He would be supportive no matter what, but the fact that they just went through this is so helpful to me.

So his instructions are to send me a picture of Mabel every night around 8pm for the next 2 weeks

Just wanted to share.
Belita and HopeTea like this.

February 11th, 2012, 04:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
that an amazing incentive! so happy for you and i hope this is your cycle

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

February 11th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Aww! That's so nice!! I'm so glad you have such a great relationship with your brother and that you can share all of this with him. To have him understand exactly where you are must be so amazing!!

February 11th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is so great that your brother is being so supportive! Double bonus on the pictures each night, motivation to keep going and also cute pictures of your niece!! I'm so excited for you and hope this works!!

February 11th, 2012, 07:40 AM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
So glad your test went well Your brother sounds awesome! The idea of giving myself shots would freak me out too, hope it went okay for you!
February 11th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Cycle Day ??? of IVF Cycle
I don't really know what cycle day this is anymore! Granted I know what it is by my calendar, but I just realized that I'm sort of starting a new cycle with all the meds. So I'm just going to have to come up with some other way. I'm still temping, though I'm not sure why. I'm sort of curious what my temps will do with all these meds.

DH got home last night, had some quick dinner, then we prepped the shot. I only had one last night, it was a sample from the doctor so I could start last night since I won't have my meds until today. Tonight I will add one more shot.

It honestly wasn't bad at all. It stung a little afterwards, sort of on the inside, but the shot itself didn't hurt, and was over pretty quickly. We've designated the recliner as the "shot chair". We were originally standing in the kitchen, but I saw the needle and started to feel woozy. I told DH that I didn't think I could do this standing up. But honestly, it wasn't bad at all. After 2 weeks of this, I'm sure it will get old, but I think I can handle it.

I'm just thankful that all my shots, for the most part, will be sub Q. Most of my brothers/SILs were IM (i.e. in the butt, in the muscle = OUCH). They both said they sucked big time. The needles were much bigger, and had to go way deeper. My needles are all pretty teeny, and only need to go into the skin.

Last night was a big night for me, for multiple reasons. I'm not quite ready to share that part here, and may never will, but just know that all of the support I have found and will find here, will be crucial to me, especially in the next few weeks.

I'm a little frightened of what these hormones are going to do to me. I think DH is going to wish he had made up more business trips My bro and SIL did a neat thing during these few weeks. My brother faints at the sight of a needle, so for him, giving shots was rough. SIL hates needles like me, and her shots HURT. So each day, they each bought the other a tiny gift, like $2-$5 things, just as a little reward/treat for each of them getting through the shots that day. I thought that was really neat. We won't do that exactly, but I will treat myself to little things here and there.

On a great note, our tile is done! Yippee! We are ready to move the furniture back in, and save the dogs from being displaced in the upstairs bathroom. DH even got up took care of the dogs this morning so I could sleep in. I slept until 9AM! I can't even tell you the last time I slept that late. It was awesome, except for the fact that Molly had been barking since 5:30 Crazy girl.

Ok, I'm off to make coffee (yes, I actually made it here before my coffee, that's a first!). DH is going to run to Panera and pick up some breakfast for us...man do I love him.

Happy Weekend to All!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search