Karin's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree256Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2009, 06:04 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry AF showed

Im glad Max is doing well. I hope he gets to come home soon.

October 23rd, 2009, 03:37 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Just a quick update....Max is home and doing well! I actually just took him to the surgeon for his first post-op visit...the doc said "Good stuff, Max!" So funny!

On another note...I've got my big charity spin-a-thon on Sunday! Some of you might remember me posting about it a while back...I've been training and raising funds for a couple months now for The Challenged Athletes Foundation, and on Sunday, I'll be spinning for 4-1/2 hours!! Check out my website if you have a minute!

Tour de Cove

Tonight is the VIP dinner, since I was a top fundraiser (#4 so far!), me and DH were invited. Should be a great time!!

Not temping this cycle, AF is still here...so sort of taking it easy on the boards the last few days. To be honest, it's been REALLY nice not worrying about taking my temp each day!

I also start my new job next Monday....whew...lots of crazy happenings around here!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
October 23rd, 2009, 03:58 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know what ya mean about not temping...I dont temp from CD1 until around CD12 anymore. I hope AF leaves soon so Yall can move on to a new cycle of ttc.

Good luck on Sunday...sounds like an amazing thing!!

October 23rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you enjoy your new job and find yourself with a this cycle.

Thanks Jaidynsmums for my siggy

Their ages in Sept!
Nephews Lorenzo,Charlie both 6
Nieces Tamara 2years old , Arielle 6 month old Lillian 1 mos!
Oct
my nephews will be Charlie 6 & Lorenzo 6
nieces Tamara 2, Arielle 7 months Lillian 2 mos

Nov
nephews Charlie 6, Lorenzo 6
niecesTamara 2, Arielle 8 months Lillian 3 mos

Dec
nieces Tamara 2, Arielle 9 months, Lillian 4 mos

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 postsAug 17,14 400 posts
October 28th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Hi everyone!

Sorry I've not been around lately...quick update...

My spin-a-thon last Sunday was fantastic! I completed the entire 4 1/2 hour spin without leaving my bike or stopping my legs...it was a rough last 45 minutes, but SO worth it. Plus, the weather at the La Jolla Cove was perfect....high 60s/low 70s and nothin' but sun! I'm hoping to get some pictures posted to my FB account this weekend (DH took like 150 pics)...so I'll post a link when I get it done!

That night, we had early dinner with our good friends (they came to watch with their 3 kids), and they wanted to take me out to celebrate...I came home and showered right away, then we ate dinner at 4pm...I knew if I waited any longer, I would have fallen asleep! After dinner, we came back home, and I fell asleep on the couch by 645. TIRED!

The next morning, I started my new job. It's going very well, but I'm exhausted! After not having to get up and go to a job for 2 years (worked from home the first year, then got laid off and was unemployed for another year), it's hard to get back into the routine of it all. But so far, the job is perfect, and I'm very happy!

Next week and the week following, I'll be in Battle Creek, MI for training, so it's going to be a nutty month. Plus, DH is traveling too.

TTC update...well, not much of one. I am not temping this month (doctor's orders!), and with my new job, and both me and DH's travel, we're sort of taking the month off. Doesn't mean we're not trying, because we are, but we're just taking it easy, and seeing what happens. It's nice to have a break from all the stress of it, especially with all the added stress of my new job and all. So, we'll just see what happens!

Oh, one last update. Max! He's doing great after his cataract surgery. He's still got his cone, but it doesn't seem to bother him too much. He has 6 different medications that he gets 4x a day (3 eye drops, 1 eye ointment, 2 pills)...so that's a bit of a fiasco every day, but everything seems to be working, and the surgeon said he's doing wonderful!

I'm still around, and even though I'm not posting, I do pop on every other day or so to keep tabs on all the happenings around here!

Hope everyone is doing well out there!
xoxo
k

October 29th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Sweetie!!

Glad to hear that everything is going so well. YAY for Max doing great!!! That makes me happy!!!

YAY for the new job and taking things a bit easier. I know the whole TTC thing can get to be a bit of a bear! Trust me!!!

Hope everything continues to go well for ya!!

October 31st, 2009, 05:27 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Karin! Glad you get some time off to have fun and relax! Hoping you get a surprise BFP!! Happy Halloween
November 7th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Hi Ladies!
Whew...busy week. I've been in Battle Creek, MI for the past week for my new job. Just home for the weekend, then back on Monday for another full week. After that, I should be back in San Diego for good!

I'm still not temping, and though it was a bit rough at first, i must admit, it's been pretty nice not to have to stress about it right now. I've got enough going on with starting a new job, then traveling for 2 straight weeks, Max's surgery (he's doing great by the way!), etc. I am still using my fertility monitor, and we got my little eggie (peak days) before i left for BC, so hopefully we did ok this month. I don't have high hopes, but that's ok...it's actually really, really nice not to have this be my primary focus right now.

Just did a quick check in here to see what's going on with everyone. I've already got 2 loads of laundry down, got the house all cleaned up, dishes done, now working on digging up some breakfast before DH wakes up. I hate being away from home for so long...the house doesn't really fall apart, DH is really good about keeping it in order, but there is always chores to catch up on!

Plus, my doggies need some mommy cuddle time. They missed me!

So....if you don't see me around for another week, it's cause i'm back in the BC...

I do have access to FB, though, so if anyone wants to find me there...
Karin Bachrodt Reemts - San Diego, CA | Facebook

Have a super week everyone!
XOXO

November 7th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad to see you return to your journal.

Thanks Jaidynsmums for my siggy

Their ages in Sept!
Nephews Lorenzo,Charlie both 6
Nieces Tamara 2years old , Arielle 6 month old Lillian 1 mos!
Oct
my nephews will be Charlie 6 & Lorenzo 6
nieces Tamara 2, Arielle 7 months Lillian 2 mos

Nov
niecesTamara 2, Arielle 8 months Lillian 3 mos

Dec
nieces Tamara 2, Arielle 9 months, Lillian 4 mos

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 postsAug 17,14 400 posts
November 18th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Hi Ladies!
Whew, it's been a looooooong and busy few weeks! I've been in Battle Creek, MI for work, and got back last Friday night. This week, been busy with the new job, and DH is traveling (again)!

As I've mentioned, we're still TTC actively, but I didn't chart last month, and not sure if I will this month or not. AF showed, but I'm not surprised, especially because I was gone for 2 weeks, so our BDing wasn't optimal at all. I'm on CD2 today, and might start temping again tomorrow. Not sure. I do miss it, but I also know that if I'm temping, i'm going to have to commit to JM...and that's just really hard to do with my new job. We will see. I am dying to catch up on all the goings-on around here, so off to do that!

I hope everyone knows that I haven't forgotten about you, and I miss being here...but work comes first for a while!

xoxo
karin

May 20th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Wow - I actually forgot I even had a TTC journal!

I was literally cleaning out my JM subscribed threads and saw this. Too funny.

So quick update for now, more next week, perhaps. If I remember that is.

Late Apr, after 2 1/2 years of TTC our first, we got our first ever BFP. We were thrilled. It's been a crazy month. Our first u/s was scheduled for last Mon, May 16. That day, by my calculations, I should have been 8w 4d. By way of both ab and vag u/s, the techs measured me at 7 weeks, and found no fetal heartbeat.

In a nutshell, both perinatologists I saw had little hope for this pregnancy. They asked me to return in a week for a follow up u/s to confirm things, and see what to do from there.

Needless to say, it's been a rough, rough week. To sum things up, I am copying what I just posted this in my DDC:

Been slowly trickling back to the boards this week after a crappy start with my appt on Mon. For those that didn't read the update then, I had my first u/s Monday morning, and I should have been 8w 4d. I was only measuring 7w, and they found no heartbeat (either with ab or vag u/s). Neither of the perinatologists were optimistic. I have a follow up u/s on Mon morning.

I've spent this week doing a lot of soul-searching. I have come to terms with the fact that our LO just didn't make it this time. It's been a long road...2 1/2 years TTC this first LO. I've always been a fate-ist at heart. When things are meant to happen, they will. As an example, I was with my ex for 11 years, and we were engaged when I met DH. I turned my life a complete 180 b/c I knew that DH came into my life for a reason.

I firmly believe that we have yet to successfully conceive for a reason. When whatever higher power is up there means for us to have a LO, it will happen. This time, it wasn't meant to happen. Everything happens for a reason.

We are heartbroken over our pending loss, but life will go on. I do not have the energy to dwell on what was not meant to be. I have and will grieve properly, but I will not let this defeat me. Perhaps this is the time for us to see the fertility doc. Who knows? I will know more on Monday.

But until then, I'm waiting to see how this will play out. I'm scared for what will inevitably happen - one way or another - and yet I'm ready to get back on the proverbial horse.

Whatever does happen, I will check in on you ladies from time to time. In the meantime, have a great weekend. I'll check back on Monday after our appt.

And that's where things stand. I'm devastated, heartbroken, but have come to terms with reality. I am looking forward to a new beginning after all is said and done.

I know I haven't been a regular on the TTC boards for a while, but after I went back to work, it was really hard to keep up with life, let alone JM. But in all reality, what happened was that I stopped focusing on TTC - stopped temping, stopped charting, stopped OPKs, stopped using my fertility monitor. We just lived life. We made BDs when we felt like it. Coming on these boards sort of stressed me out for a while, so I had to stop. But, now I'm back. I'm sure I'll be hit or miss with this journal. As it goes with my online blog too, I never remember to update such things, but I will try.

In the meantime, since I don't know where I will be in the upcoming weeks - TTC or DDC - if y'all don't mind, can you keep some good thoughts for us? What is meant to be will be, but which ever way it goes, the good thoughts help.

Blessings and XOXOs,
k
May 22nd, 2011, 10:24 AM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Karin! I am glad I saw this here. I am definitely keeping you guys in my prayers and I hope that things turn out well. Please update when you can.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
May 22nd, 2011, 01:06 PM
Thanks Michelle - figured I need to start weaning my way back to the TTC boards

I will post an update tomorrow afternoon after my appointment. I'm not optimistic, and have come to terms with the inevitable. I'm just ready to move forward...

On a lighter note...hope YOU are feeling wonderful!!!

May 23rd, 2011, 11:19 AM
Well, ladies, my appointment this morning went exactly how I expected. I measured 7w 1d, and still no heartbeat. I made sure my doc was 1000% sure, and she was. I'm scheduled for D&C tomorrow morning.

DH and I have done a lot of talking, crying, grieving, hoping, praying, and such this week. We have come to terms with things, and understand that this one was not meant to be. We are fate-ists, and whatever is meant to be, will be.

I'm sure I'll be making my way back to the TTC boards soon enough. I've been lurking around here for a while now, knowing that I would be back soon.

Any good thoughts you can send my way for a safe procedure tomorrow would be appreciated.

All the best...
k
May 23rd, 2011, 12:05 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm soooo sorry for your loss hun. You're definitely in my thoughts and prayers!
May 24th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Quick update....my procedure went very smooth. Home resting with a good DH taking care of me and 3 super cuddly doggies snuggling with me. Had some minor cramping earlier but that has subsided for now.

I feel really really at peace...

I've missed you ladies...and look forward to meeting all the newbies!

XOXO
k

PS. New siggy to debut soon!

May 24th, 2011, 11:50 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad everything went smooth. I hate to see you back over here but hopefully you'll have a sticky BFP very soon.
May 25th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Things feeling great today. Hardly any cramping, and zero bleeding since last night. Very pleased about that! Ran a low grade fever all day yesterday, but that seems to be gone now!

Today, I'm going to treat myself. Hair cut/color, and a nice mani/pedi. We're toying with the idea of heading to Vegas this weekend, little impromptu holiday weekend trip. But if not that, we might spend the day touring a couple wineries that are super close to our house (one we could almost walk to).

All in all, we're in great spirits, and now I just want AF to start again so we can start the TTC process all over again!!

Happy Wednesday to all!

XOXO
k

May 26th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Nothing special to report today. Bleeding increased a bit overnight, but still nothing bad at all. Little more cramping today, but still very tolerable, not even enough to take regular ibuprofen.

Had lunch with my girlfriends today - we've been meeting for lunch 1x/week for a while (I used to work with them). Great to catch up. We went to the mall, ate at Red Robin outside (75 and sunny!), then walked around the mall for a while. After about 3.5 hours, they decided they should probably go back to work But, not before a stop at our favorite chocolatier (Chuao) - got some delish gourmet chocolate bars, a little sampler gift for my personal trainer, and sampled a dark chocolate+passion fruit caramel tidbit. SO GOOD!

Tomorrow, the girls only work 1/2 day, so we're venturing out to the SD Safari Park for the afternoon to see some animals and enjoy the sun!

Gotta keep busy...once i'm recovered from this week, then I'll be in probably one of the only waits that's worse than a 2WW - since I have NO idea when AF will start again. Argh!

Happy Holiday Weekend to all!
k

May 31st, 2011, 11:21 AM
Had a fantastic weekend! Spent all day Friday at the Safari Park with my good girlfriends, then when Patrick got off work, he grilled us some burgers, hot dogs, veggies, and rosemary garlic bread! We enjoyed some good wine, and played Life (old board game from the 80s!) until 2am!

Saturday was a requisite rest day for me. I've been having super bad headaches and I get pretty run down by the end of the day. So Patrick made me sit on the couch. But, before that, I had to give the "Mission Moment" at the final prep session for Team in Training. The MM is a story about how blood cancers have impacted you. I did the half marathon with TNT last year, and gave the final MM last year as well. Once again, I told the story of my dear friend Jenn lost her courageous battle with Leukemia at age 31. Sad story, but raising awareness will only help the cause!

After a day on the couch watching movies (Tommy Boy, Matrix, and some others), by Sunday, I was ready to get up and moving again. We went out for breakfast at a fantastic local omelet house, then went to the Safari Park for the day. I should also probably mention that before breakfast, our sewer backed up into our house too. (Second time this has happened, tree roots). So, we pretty much just had to wait for the plumber to come, which wasn't until the next day, so we left the house and hung out at the Safari Park all day! At night, we headed to BJs for some great food and a couple brews.

Yesterday, we went to...(you guessed it!)...the Safari Park! This time for breakfast, and a little walk. Headed home at noon to meet the plumber (all fixed for now!), then headed back to the Safari Park (note: we have season passes and live 5 minutes away). Spent the day there, grocery store stop, then home to grill!

All in all a fantastic weekend! The highlight of the park was the baby Red River Hoglets - only a week old! (See the photo thread for a cute pic!)

Today - I'm headed to the Safari Park for a long walk! It's supposed to be 80 and sunny, and since I can't really exercise yet, I have to do something!

Happy Week to everyone!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search