Karin's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree256Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2012, 09:04 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Botulism is basically really fubar food poisoning. Its not common, but can be really bad, even fatal. I am a freak about food going bad anyway, and now that I am pg, I am not taking ANY chances.

We (read: DH basically) made panko crusted chix cordon bleu roll ups for dinner. They were pretty easy, and SUPER delicious. Pinterest to the rescue! In my opinion, the quality of the ham is key. We used ham off the bone, which was griddle fried (to be extra safe for me), and a strong swiss. So yum.

Trying to stay awake til 930.. Currently listening to DH on a last min speaker phone conf call. Apparently his boss is on the road and needed a talk track for his mtg in the morning, so DH and one of his analysts are talking it out.

I did nap today, right after I finished my paper...slept from 4 til about 520. Had a hard time getting up, but made myself. Rather than start school again, I just did research on a tank for Phil. Now I have a lot of options. The leak is slow so I am still ok on timing.

Ok, I'm just killing time while DH is on the phone. Going to go take a nap

xx

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | Pregnancy Journals: Nugget (or here) and Baxter (or here)
June 1st, 2012, 07:38 AM
JandJC's Avatar #BoyMom
That dinner sounds amazing Karin!!!! You are so impressive. The second I was preg DH was cooking everyday or going to get me food

June 1st, 2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandJC View Post
That dinner sounds amazing Karin!!!! You are so impressive. The second I was preg DH was cooking everyday or going to get me food
Oh trust me, DH is doing a great deal of dinnertime helping Here is the recipe for anyone who is interested...super easy, actually.

Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll Ups

Morning Update 6/1
So...it's Friday! I don't know what to put for headers anymore, since I don't really have CDs anymore. And it seems as if I've been doing morning/noon/night updates, so we'll just call them that!

I finally went to bed about 9:45, DH was still working, and I was passing out on the couch. He did come up and say nighty-night though. I got up at LEAST 6x to pee last night, and then after I woke up, went another 3 times before I finally got out of bed. I've been very careful about how much liquid I drink at night. I have a big glass of milk with dinner, then a tiny glass of seltzer to take my vitamins and with my snack. That's it. It's crazy. And it's not like I'm just going a dribble...it's full on! Nuts.

I'm stoked it's Friday. I know I don't work and all, but Friday is still Friday, and weekend means that DH is home! Today, I have to finish as much school as I can - some chapters in my vet tech manual to read, study guide, homework questions, 1 paper, 1 test (all for one class), then I still have my final project (i.e. big paper) for my other class. I'm hoping to get through everything but the paper, since the paper isn't due until Wed, and the other stuff is due Mon.

Phil's tank continues to leak...veeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrry slowly. Just a teeny bit each night. But I need to pick a tank and get on with it before it gets worse. I've got it narrowed down to 9

This weekend, not much going on. We will do a little prep for our trip to Chicago next week for Mabel's baptism, perhaps, but that's really all that's planned. It's supposed to be nice, so probably will hit the Park for a bit. The San Diego Marathon is Sunday, and if we're not running it, we usually go watch/cheer for the runners and our TNT Teammates. Not sure if I have the energy or stamina to do that this year, though. It's a commitment, and my energy levels aren't where they need to be for something like that right now.

It's not even 9am and it's already shaping up to be a gorgeous day. The marine layer is burning off and it's warming up. Forecasted to be 85F and sunny...meaning that it will hit 90F.

Hope everyone has a good Friday and a grrrrreat weekend! I'm sure I'll pop in later to say hi!

Happiest of Fridays!
xx

June 1st, 2012, 10:04 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Hope you have a fabulous Friday, Karin, and a wonderful weekend.
June 1st, 2012, 01:39 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You need to start putting how many weeks/days pregnant you are, silly!

Those Chicken Cordon Bleu wraps sound divine! Both DH and I love Chicken Cordon Bleu, so I'll have to make those sometime.

Have a great weekend!
June 1st, 2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
You need to start putting how many weeks/days pregnant you are, silly!
Not quite yet Trust me, I know exactly where I am, but for one, I don't feel like rubbing that around my TTC journal, and two, I'm still too cautious/nervous, and probably will be until at least Monday.

Afternoon Update 6/1
I have spent the better part of the day writing a protocol for feeding, rearing, raising, and weaning orphaned red river hogs. The paper could have been done long ago, but this is my passion...this is what I'm going to school FOR, so I'm really into the topic, and making it far more detailed than I should. Heck one person already even posted their paper, and it's 3 lines long. THREE LINES. Some people. I can't wait for "copy girl" to post her paper that she copied. Last week, she totally copied a ton of info (she has done it every single week this term, I've verified it). The subject was to discuss feeding and nutrition for a breeding pair of platypus (very hard to keep in captivity). She copied and pasted a bunch of stuff about feeding, but made ZERO mention about the special considerations for breeding (the main focus of the paper. I was so fed up with her copying, that I called her our best I could without being a total rag:

"Since we are talking about a breeding pair, specifically, what special feeding considerations might you need to take into account for this pair? I saw you ferreted some good information from a couple sites on what platypus eat and how to feed in captivity, but what might differ for a breeding pair? Or what might differ AFTER the mother gives birth?"

My teacher isn't an idiot. She knows she's copying, but she's nicer about responding than I am.

Whatever. She's not going to learn anything. Ugh, I can't start ranting about this again. It's pissed me off all term (last term too, I had her in 1 class). I've said my peace to my prof in my midterm evaluation of the course, so I know she knows I'm mad. Nothing more I can do about it.

So, I'm about half way done with my paper. Not going to get to my other class final project today for sure.

I am snacky all day. Had egg with ham, cheese, green onion, and tomato at 10:30. Had a bowl of not so great burgandy beef soup at 1. I'm hungry again. Jeez. I think tonight is pizza night. Friday nights usually are. I don't really have a taste for it, but I don't "not" have a taste for it either, so I'll deal.

Ok, enough rambling. Need to go change out some laundry. May not check in again here today. Will try and pop in throughout the weekend, but if I don't post much, at least know that I'm reading

Happy Friday, Happy Weekend!
xx

June 1st, 2012, 02:41 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar a sibling!
Does your school not have an honor code or anything? In my school, the first incident of that would get you thrown out on your ear, unless you were properly citing! That would make me mad too.

Glad things are going well, and I'm excited for you for Monday!!
Jessica, Raif, Penny and expecting #2!

Two years TTC with #1 followed by a surprise BFP, born Dec. 2014
NTNP for 6 cycles, due Oct. 2016!

June 1st, 2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBirdies View Post
Does your school not have an honor code or anything? In my school, the first incident of that would get you thrown out on your ear, unless you were properly citing! That would make me mad too.
I think in a "normal" school, that would not be tolerated, but my school might have different tolerances. It's a 100% remote school, for one, so it's really hard to monitor what people do. And I'm sure the professors don't have the time or energy to be on "plagarism patrol". I, do, however All I can say is that I hope her grades reflect the "quality" of work she does.

June 1st, 2012, 03:25 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
Botulism is basically really fubar food poisoning. Its not common, but can be really bad, even fatal. I am a freak about food going bad anyway, and now that I am pg, I am not taking ANY chances.
I have never heard of that but it's good to know. I would be the same way...i wouldn't take any chances it's just not worth it.

Geez...that girl is still allowed to stay in school?!?!? I hope she gets what she deserves!

Oh...cheering for runners is so much fun! Hopefully you can make out there for a bit. Have a great weekend!

Forever missing my angel 2010

June 1st, 2012, 04:19 PM
JandJC's Avatar #BoyMom
Reading your journal makes me realize how boring my life is. HAHA. I know how you feel with not wanting to post the days/weeks yet. I never started a pregnancy journal because I wanted to wait until after a HB...

I'm really excited it seems like you have some GREAT pregnancy symptoms like peeing all the time. Soooo looking forward to your appt. monday!

Have a great weekend!

June 1st, 2012, 04:33 PM
Yep, I'm way too nervous to start anything yet. Last time, I started a pg journal, started posting belly pics, got attached to my DDC, then had to leave. Don't want to do that again. So i'm just hanging out here until y'all kick me out

I didn't necessarily want to post this on the main board, but since the topic of skydiving came up today (by my doing), thought it was relevant. I had meant to post this back when I did it, but totally forgot. So, if anyone wants to see what skydiving really looks like, here is my video.

When you see the person right before me jump out of the plane, the video guy was basically standing right next to me, so what he was video'ing is basically what I saw. Pretty nuts. The only thing that annoyed me is that at the very beginning, he says my name wrong (wrong emphasis on the wrong syllable). Actually, the other thing that's sort of lame in parts is that the camera is in fish-eye view, so a lot of the time my head looks funny But there it is, in case anyone wants as close to a first hand view.

I'm almost done with my paper, didn't get a nap today, so will be an early night for me. One day closer to Monday!

June 1st, 2012, 06:12 PM
OMG that is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

June 1st, 2012, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyes25s View Post
OMG that is awesome! Thanks for sharing.
So, does it make you want to do it? Or does it freak you out??

June 1st, 2012, 06:41 PM
That is awesome, Karin. I've always wanted to do it, but I've just been too chicken. That video totally makes me want to do it more.
June 1st, 2012, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
That is awesome, Karin. I've always wanted to do it, but I've just been too chicken. That video totally makes me want to do it more.
When you do, and I know that may not be for a while, go to Lake Elsinore. It's such a great outfit

June 1st, 2012, 06:55 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
[QUOTE=kbpeanut;26111977]Yep, I'm way too nervous to start anything yet. Last time, I started a pg journal, started posting belly pics, got attached to my DDC, then had to leave. Don't want to do that again. So i'm just hanging out here until y'all kick me out

You do know that we are never kicking you out! You could already have three kids and I'd want you around!!!!!

What time is your u/s appt on Monday? Need to know when I should start stalking!!!
blueeyes25s and Mom2JDub like this.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

June 1st, 2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
When you do, and I know that may not be for a while, go to Lake Elsinore. It's such a great outfit
I will definitely take that recommendation.
June 1st, 2012, 07:51 PM
U/S is at 11:15am PST Monday

June 1st, 2012, 08:05 PM
Quote:
So, does it make you want to do it? Or does it freak you out??
It totally makes me want to do it!!!

June 2nd, 2012, 06:44 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Not quite yet Trust me, I know exactly where I am, but for one, I don't feel like rubbing that around my TTC journal, and two, I'm still too cautious/nervous, and probably will be until at least Monday.
I know and completely understand. I'm just teasing you and giving you a hard time.

No, thank you to sky diving! I'm not allowed to anyways since I had LASIK. Too scary for me to jump out of a perfectly good plane.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search