Karin's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree256Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2012, 06:04 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
A lazy day sounds perfect!

Forever missing my angel 2010

June 14th, 2012, 06:25 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
6/14/2012 Evening Update
I have successfully spent the entire frekkin' day on the computer. No lazy day for me! However, I wasn't as tired as I expected to be. That may be due to the extra energy I got this morning by eating 2 breakfasts

I did get a bunch of stuff done, though. Not as much as I would have liked, but one of the tasks I have been putting off for about 5 months now, and I had been dreading it (not hard, just a pain), and I finally just got it done. That will mean big things in the future, so I'm happy about that.

I did cook a bunch of chicken earlier today, so now I'm going to make homemade chicken salad for dinner. YUM. I've been looking forward to it all day. I also did 3, going on 4 loads of laundry. Clothes, plus sheets and towels. Debating on dog blankets, but that is a lot of work (I give my pups many blankets!), so that may wait until weekend. There have been no accidents, so we are all good for a few days.

I did manage to shower, so that's always a bonus.

At the present time, Max is standing under my chair, whining. Not sure what's up, but I should probably let him out or something.

I'm going to be plopped in front of my laptop and tv tonight, so you may find me here later, blabbing about the nothing-goings-on at my house in SoCal.

Happy Night All!
xx

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 15th, 2012, 10:57 AM
6/15/2012 - Morning News
I have no news! Just chillin' here, trying to get some stuff done, and chase around my Max, who has bad poops this morning. Not really sure what's up, he didn't eat breakfast, so he probably just has a bit of a tummy ache.

I didn't sleep for crap last night. Granted, I never do when DH is traveling, but last night was bad. I got watching a movie on TV, it was 2 hrs long, started at 9pm. It wasn't even all that good, but I got sucked in, so finally at 10pm I decided to go upstairs, and watch it in bed, figuring I'd fall asleep half way through the second part. No luck. Ended up watching the entire movie, still awake at the end. So, in true stooopid form, I got sucked into the 2 hour movie that was right after it. Also not that good, quite bad actually, but I was oddly awake. Finally at about 2am, I took my glasses off, and tried to force myself to sleep. Peanut, of course, was laying in DH spot on the bed, and snoring away.

I think I finally drifted off around 330 or so. Only to wake up around 6, because Max was whining downstairs. He does that every morning. He just wants out, but it's mostly because he wakes up, can't see a darn thing, and gets scared. I think every day, he forgets he's blind for a few minutes in the morning. Poor guy.

So, I get up to let him out, come back up to bed, figured I'd just lay there and rest a bit with the dogs. Max snuggled up next to me, Peanut still hadn't woken up, and so I just laid there watching cartoons for almost 2 hours. I finally got out of bed around 8. Mostly because I was starving.

This is my exciting day thus far. It's cloudy and overcast now, and showing no signs of clearing. If it were the marine layer, which it usually is, it would be breaking up by now. But not yet.

In good news, DH texted me from San Fran telling me he was catching an earlier flight! He was originally scheduled to get home around 5pm, which is still great in my book. But he got done with his conference early (usually happens on the last day), so caught a flight at NOON! He lands at 130, and should be home by 2-230. I am hoping he's not going into work, and rather just comes home. I foresee an afternoon watching movies on the couch in our pjs! Talk about rare treat! It's rare enough when I do it, but for BOTH of us??

In other wordly news, I'm watching the Polar Bear Cam again. They are exceptionally active today, which is just fun. I still haven't registered for classes yet, so that's my next task. I may actually shower today (again), even though I just showered last night.

That's that. Nothing new, otherwise, to report. For those interested to read about Scooter, remember I have a journal HERE

Happy Friday to All!
xx

June 15th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I miss like two days of TTC journals and you go and start a pregnancy journal?! I was waiting for yours in grads! Glad Pat was able to come home early!
June 15th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
I miss like two days of TTC journals and you go and start a pregnancy journal?! I was waiting for yours in grads!

I will be starting a Grads one before long, don't you worry

June 15th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Wow! You're going to have two pregnancy journals?! You're ambitious!
June 15th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
Wow! You're going to have two pregnancy journals?! You're ambitious!
I procrastinate my school very readily I will probably just copy and paste between the two. I'm keeping up 2 separate journals now (DDC and TTC) and it's a big time sucker.

June 17th, 2012, 12:05 PM
June 17, 2012
Hi Ladies, just a quick update today. We were out yesterday doing this and that (mostly related to DH new bike), then he worked in the garage most of the afternoon while I took a luxurious nap with Peanut. We ended up going to Red Robin for dinner, and while a burger sounded nasty, a patty melt sounded yummy...and it was!

This morning, DH slept in a bit, then we went to get bagels (as we do most Sunday mornings). We came home, showered, DH is doing a quick work thing, then we're headed to the San Diego County Fair! We are excited. The weather is supposed to be 88 and sun by our house in the desert, and about 75 and sunny by the coast (where the fair is). In the years we've lived here, we've never gone to the fair, and we have no clue why! So, today was either beach or fair. Once we saw the cooler weather by the coast, we opted for fair. We got our tix at the grocery store on the way back from breakfast (discounted+no line), and we're headed out soon. I'm excited...should be a good time. My only complaint is the fact that I have only 1 pair of shorts left that sort of fit me, and by sort of, I mean, they button, but that's about it. I may, in fact, change into a skirt (made of tshirt material). It looks fancier, but is a helluva lot more comfy.

Anyhow, just wanted to pop in and say hi. I've been keeping up on my phone, but not posting as much, as per usual for a weekend.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, and for those celebrating Fathers Day, having a wonderful day!

xx

June 17th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
You have a great time! That sounds so fun. I vote skirt by the way! Much cooler Drink gallons of water and have a blast. Eat some fair food for me.
June 17th, 2012, 03:56 PM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Invest in a Bella band or you can do the rubber band/hair tie trick: put a rubber band around the button of your jeans or shorts, then loop it into thr button hole and back onto the button.
June 18th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thinking of you today Karin, hope the u/s goes smoothly

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 18th, 2012, 06:08 AM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Good luck today!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
June 18th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
June 18th, 2012, 09:03 AM
today!!! (You won't need it, though.)
June 18th, 2012, 11:12 AM
6/18 - The Morning Edition
Hi ladies!
Ugh, I ate too much fair food yesterday! Well, actually, I was pretty good. I didn't eat nearly as much as I normally might have, or that I wanted to. I was playing it safe. We had a great time at the fair, though the weather was a bit chillier than I would have liked (65 and cloudy/marine layer). It was over 90 and sunny at our house, only about 15-20 min inland.

I only ate 1 ear of roasted corn (my fav), and one potato twister thing. I think DH posted a pic on FB, I might tag myself so y'all can see it. It was nuts. One whole potato, skewered on a stick, then cut in thin spiral slices like tater chips. Fried, then sprinkled with seasoned salt. Basically, it was a bunch of potato chips on a stick. Then i polished the "meal" off with a basket of fried Kool-Aid. Sounded interesting. There is a famous fair truck that is all and everything fried. I was deciding between the fried oreo, fried klondike bar, or fried kool aid. The Kool Aid sounded neatest, but we were disappointed. It was basically like 8 small kool-aid flavored donut holes. We still ate them all, and then we decided to leave because we were both full. For the record, DH ate far more than I did.

When we got home, we were supposed to stop by our neighbors house for a graduation party for their son. I was so tired, and had a tummy ache, so I had to lay down. We called my dad and talked to them for a while, watched the end of the US Open on TV, and I fell asleep at about 7. I woke up around 9, we watched a show that I recorded, then I ate half a box of Triscuits, took my vitamins, and went to bed. I felt so crummy, and I knew it was only partially the fair food.

I fell asleep pretty quickly. Woke up this morning, didn't want to get out of bed, but did. We left for the RE for our 8w scan at 730.

Results of the scan in my PG journal in my DDC

xxoo

June 18th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Huh I don't get why you had a tummy ache...
Belita likes this.
June 19th, 2012, 08:50 AM
6/19/2012 - Morning Edition
Morning Ladies!
Quick update today. More later. I decided that I need to get out of the house in the mornings, while I actually have energy. My energy levels dramatically decrease in the afternoons. DH suggested I just go to the Park in the morning today, then get home in the afternoon so I can rest. I felt so guilty about not going outside yesterday. It was 90 degrees and sunny, I was feeling ok, I am on a school break for 2 more days, and yet I was inside all day. I just felt no energy, and hate that feeling. It's not like me at all. I'm a go-getter.

So, I'm up, just finishing breakfast, and going to head to the Park for a couple hours. Then I am going to run an errand or two, come home and register for classes (nope, still haven't done that). More later on why it's taking so long...slight change of plans for school. All good though.

DH made a yummy dinner last night! French roll paninis - with grilled chicken breast, bacon, cojack cheese, cheddar cheese, and tomato. Side of chicken/broccoli rice. Really yummy. He made 2, one for each of us, but they were so big, we just split one. You know what that means? I have one for lunch today!

That's about it for today. You know where to find "the rest of the story"...

xx

June 19th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Morning edition...lol

Hope you had a good time at the park and were able to see all your friends.

it seems you may have a/s rather than m/s...how very individual of you

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 19th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad that everything seems to be going as perfectly as one could ask...

June 19th, 2012, 02:49 PM
6/19/2012 - PM Edition
Nothing much to update, really. I went to the Park for a couple hours, hung out with some cool animals, saw several of my friends that work there, then left. I found a nice shady spot, and hung out, mostly. Didn't do too much walking, but that was ok. I was outside, and enjoying the beautiful weather.

Home now, trying to decide what my afternoon snack will be. Going to work on putting a few pics up in another journal soon, if you so desire to peruse a bit later!

xx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search