Karin's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree256Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2012, 03:59 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
I want the extra panini!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
June 19th, 2012, 04:23 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyLee View Post
I want the extra panini!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 20th, 2012, 01:38 PM
June 20, 2012 - What's Up?
Very little, that's what's up! I got up this morning, ate breakfast (waffles), and decided I needed some animal time. So I went to the Park, just got home not long ago. Saw some friends -- both animal and human. I really need to be better about posting my pics on FB, but I just have too many and it gets overwhelming to deal with.

Just had a big salad for lunch, now need to get my desk cleaned off from all this crap from my old picture project. School starts tomorrow, so I need the room!

Speaking of school, I made a decision. I originally was going for 3 certification: Zoo & Aquarium Science (ZAS), Exotic Animal Training (EAT), and Wildlife Rehabilitation (WR). As it stands, I would need only 2 classes this Summer, and 1 in Fall, and I would be done with all 3 programs. I finished ZAS this past term. I decided, however, to go for a 4th certification - Animal Assisted Therapy. Not what I want to do with my (new) career, but the job possibilities are greater, and it would allow me to potentially get some large animal handling experience, which is crucial to any keeping job. Plus, I have a special needs cousin who is 20 years old now, and has been riding horses as therapy since she was 3 years old. This type of therapy has been immeasurable in improving her quality of life. She cant walk, can't talk (she communicates in her own way), and this equine therapy has been a lifesaver for her. Makes me want to learn more....and if I could help one child like Maggie, even if it wasn't my dream job, I would do it in a heart beat. So that's the reasoning.

Now, instead of only needing 3 courses to finish the programs, I need to swap out for 1 different course this term, and add 1 in Fall, and 1 in Winter. So, I'm basically swapping out an elective that I wanted to take this term for a different elective that will also count as a required course for the AAT program. Then add on 2 more. Not too shabby. There is more to this, but I will leave that in my grads journal (pg related).

Anyhow, blah blah blah. Hope everyone is having a good afternoon!
x
blueeyes25s likes this.

June 21st, 2012, 06:16 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you've got quite the plan going on there.

This will be a busy time for you, in more ways than one!!!

June 21st, 2012, 08:27 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
That sounds like a great plan Karin plus it doesn't add many more classes and now's the time to do it!

Forever missing my angel 2010

June 21st, 2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyes25s View Post
That sounds like a great plan Karin plus it doesn't add many more classes and now's the time to do it!
Nope, it adds on 2 classes But ONLY 2!

June 21, 2012 - First Day of Summer Term
Yep, school starts today! While most kids around here are just getting out of school, I am just starting again. I only have 2 classes, which isn't bad, and one of them I know I will love because of both the subject matter and the professor (Animal Behavior). The other, might be interesting, and it's psychology based, which is nice considering that was one of my undergrad majors (The Human Animal Bond). I think one of my books just got delivered...which is awfully convenient. I always wait until the last minute. If they aren't both in the box that just showed up, the other should be arriving sometime today. Thank goodness for Amazon Prime.

Nothing much else to report. I fell asleep early on the couch last night, within about 10 min of finishing my dinner (brats and veggies on the grill), and dozed on and off until about 10 when I finally went to bed. DH stayed up to work until about midnight. Fun for him.

Got up this morning, feeling pretty good, had some breakfast (though still hungry, round 2?), and getting ready to finish the desk clean off and get to work. I started this dumb picture project accidentally, and now it has overrun my desk, leaving me nowhere to do my school work. I have a lot of the pics somewhat organized, so I can at least rubber band them together, and move them out of the way without fear of them getting too messed up.

So, that's my exciting day ahead of me. I'll be here all day, and will check in from time to time...

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!
x

June 21st, 2012, 06:21 PM
I know how you feel... I work all day to come home and see kids running around outside enjoying the weather! I miss being a kid lol.

June 22nd, 2012, 09:25 AM
Friday Jun 22
I just ate a lot of pancakes for breakfast. They were yummy, but now I'm full. Really full.

Yesterday I finished one class for school (reading, study guide, homework, test, and paper), today I have to do the other class. I normally get more done than that, but I spent yesterday morning doing the picture project, so that ate into my school time. I should finish today, no problem.

I sorta want to go get a manicure later too. My nails are too long, and we have a wedding tomorrow. It would be nice to have pretty nails. They have a leftover french manicure from my niece's baptism 2 weeks ago, and it's surprisingly stayed pretty well...I could even get away with keeping it with a quick touch up, but I sorta want to go and just get a new color. We will see what my time looks like this afternoon. My nail place is only 3 min away, and I can usually walk in. Plus, it's only $11 for a manicure. Cheap and easy.

So ya, tomorrow is our friends wedding. Not looking forward to it for many reasons. The guy friend who is getting married, is marrying a girl that none of us are terribly fond of. She is NOT a bad person or anything, but she is just odd, and just, in our opinion, not for him at all. Plus, this is a guy that we were close friends with when we first moved here (he used to work with DH). We had a very close knit group of friends from DH work, we used to hang out ALL the time. Over the years, most of them have left the company (they are all about 10 years younger than us, and that was most of their first job, so they are just doing the normal getting experience thing.) As people have moved on, they have changed. They are younger, and have gotten their first taste of a raise/new opportunity, and it's gone to most of their heads. They've all become quite full of themselves, and really, really cocky. As such, we don't hang out with any of them anymore. And these are the people we will know at the wedding. Plus one more couple, who now lives in another state. We used to be VERY close with them. It's DH old boss. Well, he also left the company (he was one of the founders), and it was an ugly parting of ways. Since DH still works there, this guy started spreading lies and rumors about the company, and really putting a bad taste in DH mouth. They saw each other at a conference last week, and "made nice", but still. Plus this guys wife is THE MOST HIGH MAINTENANCE person you would ever meet. She is MOODY, and for some reason, stopped liking me about a year before they moved. I am NOT looking forward to seeing her at all. Plus, she has no tact. (PG ment). If she takes one look at me, even in my dress that is supposed to hide my bloat, she will look at my hair (unhighlighted), notice I am not drinking, and that I am not wearing a form fitting dress (like I usually do), and will CALL me out right away. And she will have no tact about it. If that happens, there will be HELL to pay.

Anyhow, I am so not looking forward to this. It will be hard enough to hide the fact that I'm not drinking. Aside from the people that I don't care to see, there are a small handful of people that we are still extremely close with, and I will be spending time with them mostly. They, however, know me VERY well, and if I don't have a drink in my hand, they will raise an eyebrow.

Ugh, I hate this!

Anyhow, enough of that. I'm off to get started on school.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!
x

June 22nd, 2012, 10:05 AM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Boozing while pregnant OK? | Health & Fitness | Life | Calgary Sun

Not that I would ever actually suggest it.. LOL.

Maybe see if you can get a glass of wine and just...have it for show? Or would they notice that you weren't actually drinking any of it?
WTTC #2
June 22nd, 2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphera View Post
Maybe see if you can get a glass of wine and just...have it for show? Or would they notice that you weren't actually drinking any of it?
Ya, normally, I would get a glass of sparkling water, put a lime in it, and chalk it up to a vodka tonic or something (though most peeps that know me, know I don't drink mixed drinks hardly at all). But it could pass. Problem is, this wedding is at a winery, and while i'm not positive, I've heard they will only have wine to drink (i.e. no beer, no mixed). If that's the case, I told DH that I will just get a glass of wine, and every now and then, we will switch glasses on the sly so it looks like I'm drinking it Sneaky, but it has to be done!
IndyMommyWannabe likes this.

June 22nd, 2012, 10:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
how about lemonade in a wine glass or see if they have any alcohol-free wine/beer, it doesnt usually taste so good but may stop some raised eyebrows!

I hope it goes well either way, sorry your not looking forward to it.

you know what, i have NEVER had pancakes for breakfast. yup. never. what do you have with them? something yummy i hope!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 22nd, 2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen@FirsAve View Post
you know what, i have NEVER had pancakes for breakfast. yup. never. what do you have with them? something yummy i hope!
I don't even understand this

Normally, I have my pancakes with just butter, but I am NOT the norm. The average person likes them with butter and maple syrup or just the syrup. Some with powdered sugar. Some with fruit. But I like mine plain...just butter. DH thinks it's sacrilegious. Today, I did have a little syrup on them though!

June 22nd, 2012, 02:04 PM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Plain..??? *gasp*
I like mine with a mix of cinnamin and sugar on them.. yummy
WTTC #2
June 22nd, 2012, 02:04 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
My cousin totally fooled a bunch of us at a football tailgate. She just kept half full drinks in her hand. It probably helped that we were all drinking quite a bit
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
June 22nd, 2012, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyLee View Post
My cousin totally fooled a bunch of us at a football tailgate. She just kept half full drinks in her hand. It probably helped that we were all drinking quite a bit
Yep, this is my plan. DH and I will get the same type of wine to drink. When his glass gets half empty, we switch, and keep doing that back and forth. Nobody will question if I don't drink A LOT, so if I'm seen with a half empty glass now and again, it won't be questioned.

I just thought of something else too. I hope this isn't a big dancing wedding either. One, it's a known fact that DH and I tear UP the dance floor at weddings. And although I can slow dance, I can't really do much of anything else, because of my "insides", because things are still so enlarged and delicate. I'm still not technically even allowed to lift one of my dogs. Hmmmm, another quandary.

June 22nd, 2012, 10:23 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post

I just thought of something else too. I hope this isn't a big dancing wedding either. One, it's a known fact that DH and I tear UP the dance floor at weddings. And although I can slow dance, I can't really do much of anything else, because of my "insides", because things are still so enlarged and delicate. I'm still not technically even allowed to lift one of my dogs. Hmmmm, another quandary.

maybe it's time to fake an injury - a recent knee surgery (reconstruction or something) and therefore little or no exercise = floaty dress rather than form-fitting, as well as an inability to dance or even drink (because of the pain killers...)

especially to the nasty-sounding wife of the former DH boss - just feed her a story so she feels like she has the goss and watch it spread... voila - scooter is protected!
June 24th, 2012, 07:15 PM
That does not sound like a fun situation at all! I hope you were able to fake everyone out... Isn't that something on how we need to be questioned for not drinking?!?!? I can't wait to hear an update on how everything ended up going.

I love pancakes but don't eat them much. I tend to eat them with only syrup and nothing else. I don't really like them any other way, plain w/syrup is all I need.

June 25th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Monday, Monday!
HI Ladies,
Sorry I'm late with my update today, been a busy morning. Sort of.

First, we had a busy weekend. Good, but busy. Sat, breakfast, then did some gardening. Got our bunny fence back up, ran some more of the irrigation system/drip watering, since we didn't think one area was getting quite enough. Sampled our green onions...looking like those are ready any day! Yum! Then we did some stuff for DH motorcycle (whenever he gets a new bike, seems like every weekend is something related for a few months). We got home, then showered, and went to the wedding. I ended up having to not wear the dress I was planning (the big flowy one I got for the baptism), as it didn't quite do what I needed it to do, if you catch my drift. I ended up in a black dress, that has middle ruching (sp?) that was "good enough".

When we got to the wedding, the ceremony was quick, then we all got in the drink line. I got water. It was bout 90 degrees and sunny, so I said I was too hot to drink yet. Nobody thought anything of it. It wasn't long before I found out that the people I didn't want to see (the woman, primarily), weren't coming. They live out of town (far), and turns out their middle child had been in the hospital. All 3 of their kids have auto-immune challenges, so this isn't terribly uncommon, but this was apparently a bad one. So they stayed home. I felt bad for them, despite my complaining. But, that made things a TON easier.

The couple we are closest with, we were seated with. Nobody seemed to notice I drank water all night. If the one girl did, she's the one I'm closest to, she wouldn't dare say a thing. I'm sure there is some speculating, but oh well. It was a nice night, the food was OUTSTANDING (for wedding food!!!), and I ate a ton. I got tired about 9, and DH was all to pleased to leave. We were having a really nice time, but our good friends just left (they spent the entire day moving into their new house), and the dance floor was just picking up (as was the drunkenness of the kids - remember, these peeps are 10 years younger). We had a super nice time, and left. Came home, crashed!

Sunday, breakfast out, then i had to go pick up a few things at the mall (you can read more about that in my other journal). Came home, decided it was too nice to be inside, so we went up to our subdivision pool (very nice pool). There were a few people there, and so we just laid by the pool for about an hour. We got in before long, as it was really hot out (90s), and the water wasn't warm, but it felt great. When we got home, I took a rest on the couch, DH worked, then we went to Olive Garden for dinner. Don't know why, we never eat out on Sundays, but DH wanted it? Whatever! It was deelish. I didn't feel well at ALL after dinner, so we came home, and I pretty much went to bed. Slept 12 hours.

Woke up this morning not feeling to hot, so laid in bed with Max and Peanut for another hour. Finally got up, had pancakes (leftovers from yesterday), and went to the Park. I didn't feel good, but I don't have too much school to do, and I wanted to get out. I wore some new capris, which was awesome, and stayed in the shade. I saw some animal friends, human friends, and the bird show. Then I went to the grocery store, picked up a few things, forgot more than I remembered to buy, then came home.

I've spent the last hour and a half trying to figure out what to eat for lunch. I finally decided, after a bit of a process, to make a cobb salad sandwich. Whatever, it works. So what if it's 4pm?

DH is yelling at me over my chat window to go rest. So, I've got 2 more journals to update, then off to nap...

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!
xx

June 25th, 2012, 05:18 PM
I'm glad that the not drinking thing didn't turn into an issue and no one commented on it.

We went to Olive Garden Sunday night too! We don't normally go out to dinner on a Sunday night but we had a gift card and no food in the house so we decided to go out
kbpeanut likes this.

June 26th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Tuesday.
Meh. Nothing too exciting to report. DH left for the rest of the week for Delaware (shock, right?). It's going to be a long and lonely week. The weather is nice, and I have a lot to keep me occupied, and luckily, I like to sleep a lot, so I'm hoping the trip passes quickly. I haven't been feeling super great lately, though, and DH has been helping a lot with the dogs, one of whom isn't feeling well either. So, I'll have to pick up the slack on that, but that's no big deal. Somehow, I can put my feelings aside when it comes to my pups.

Last night, I ended up having cereal for dinner. Whatever! This morning, I was supposed to help DH pack, but he didn't wake me up! He said I looked so peaceful sleeping that he didn't want to wake me. I finally woke up when he dropped his suitcase or something on my foot on the bed. I got up, helped him get out the door, fed the dogs, made pancakes (finally got back to the right mix!), and just trying to plan my day.

I have some school, but I have today and tomorrow to do it. The weather is supposed to be super nice, 85 and sun, so I will probably go to the park this morning, before I get tired, and before it gets too hot. I have to go to the pet store and get dog food and crickets, and a new light for my crab tank. I should go to target, but that can wait if I feel like it.

Maids are coming today, so that's always fun.

Other than that, nothing too exciting. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day thus far!

xx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search