Karin's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree256Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
My DH is away on business as well. He left yesterday for Seattle. The week always seems to go by so slowly when he's away. Hopefully your week will fly by. Sorry about the MS. I hope it passes and that you'll be able to eat pizza again soon!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

June 27th, 2012, 09:16 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I hope you are feeling better today and hey the week is half way over! DH will be home before you know it!

Forever missing my angel 2010

June 27th, 2012, 09:28 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Wednesday is Pancake Day!
Well, right now, every day is pancake day! I just finished my pancakes, and it's just too dang nice out, so I'm procrastinating school until this afternoon and heading to the Park before it gets scorching hot. Yesterday it was in the mid 90's by like 1130, so I want to be there when it's still cooler out. School can wait until this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wed! I'll check back in later!
xx

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 27th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
im soo jealous of your nice weather Karin, can i borrow it for a few days

Hope you had a good day today (im going to pop over and see you in grads now!)

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 27th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Wednesday Afternoon...so very exciting.
Spent the day at the Park, got home, been doing the last bit of school work for this week before the new week starts tomorrow. I'm waiting on a call from my mom, who needs computer help. In great news, I got an email from DH's admin earlier today with his new flight info...apparently he is coming home tomorrow night instead of Friday night! It doesn't happen often, but on occasion, one or two of his meetings will get cancelled last minute, and he'll be able to get home early. Usually it's just an earlier flight, not a whole DAY earlier! I'll be in bed when he gets home, no doubt, but still, it's one less night to be alone!

I stayed up too late last night watching a program on TV. I knew better than to turn it on at 9 when it started, since it's a 2 hour show, and I always get sucked into these types of shows. But ya, I stayed up until 11, then had to get the dogs out, feed the other critters, then bed. I ended up watching TV in bed for a bit as well, since I never can fall asleep easily when DH is gone. Peanut, however, had no trouble curling up in DH's spot on the bed. He slept so peacefully. I woke up this morning to find Peanut under the covers, right where DH would be. So cute.

Ok, I need to finish up my school...toodles!
xx

June 28th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Thursday - School Day!
Just finishing up my pancakes...delighted at how good they turned out today! Extra light and fluffy! I slept like poop, per usual, but I slept IN until 8, so that helps. I laid in bed until 830, though. Finally got up, fed the dogs, fed myself, threw in some laundry before it gets too hot, and just catching up here.

I really want to be outside today, but it's the hottest day of the week, and I have school anyway. I love the hot weather! At my house, it's forecasted to be in the upper 90s, so at the Park (where I would be if I went anywhere), it will be at least 5-8 degrees warmer.

I'm getting really close to finishing my 1st picture project. All the pictures are sorted into decent enough groupings, and ready to be stored. Now, I just need to get a storage container. I found some small plastic cases online that will hold smaller groups of pictures, then I would put those smaller cases into a fire proof box. We live in a fire-prone area, so we always want to be extra safe. My folks had a massive fire in our house when I was 3, and they lost most of their wedding photos Our area has been lucky since we've lived here, but literally just 5 months before we moved out here, there was a massive wildfire that swept through right where we live. My current neighborhood was evacuated, and though the fire never hit where we live, it did destroy the neighborhood right next door. So, never can be too safe! The first thing I did when we moved here is create a fire safety kit. There are 2 big totes sitting in the garage with everything we would need in an emergency to survive for a few days on our own...including water and dog food It was a bit of a chore to put it all together, getting all of the emergency supplies and such, but worth it.

Anyhow, I digress. I really want to rock out school, and maybe, just maybe, go to our pool for a bit later in the day. We shall see!

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!
xx

June 29th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Friday is Fun Day! - Uber quick update
The weather is gorgeous (already 80s at 930am), I am DONE with all my school for this week, and I ate breakfast. I'm feeling normal, and I have NO reason to be inside right now, so just a quick "hello!" then I'm headed to the Park!

DH finally got home last night, about 130, after his flights got diverted, then delayed, but luckily his connecting flight to SAN was also delayed, so it worked like a charm. He just got home late, but hey, he's home a day early!

I did a ton of work on a photo book project for my friend for her birthday (that was in April ) yesterday. Should be able to make more progress this afternoon!

My bloat is going down for sure. Of course it makes me worry a bit, but that's more because I've been feeling more normal than not, and aside from the peeing a million times a night and the odd food aversions/cravings, I don't really have any symptoms. I am NOT complaining, though, I'll take it! I will, of course feel better after my 10w scan on Monday.

And last bit of news, I was chosen to co-host my DDC! I love hosting (can you tell?), and now I am a double host. My board is starting to settle a bit, so it's not as frantic to follow anymore. I've been playing host for a while now, so it's really just become official, that's all. We'll see how well I can do hosting 2 boards for a while.

I think what I may do is see if I can stay on here as "Grads Host", even though we don't really have a separate host for Grads. I am still thinking this through, but want to have a plan developed in the next couple of weeks. I figured that I should be stepping down here around 12-13w. We shall see. I don't want to leave though, I love it here!

Ok, that's my quickie update...headed to the Park!

xx Have a wonderful Friday!!
IndyMommyWannabe likes this.

June 29th, 2012, 10:56 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
on being DDC host!!

You seriously are a FANTASTIC host, I think you staying on as Grads host sounds perfect, and a great way to keep the grad board active!

Edit:
Sorry! I left my siggy in because I thought this was your other journal
kbpeanut likes this.

Last edited by DaniM0820; June 29th, 2012 at 11:12 AM.
June 29th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniM0820 View Post
on being DDC host!!

You seriously are a FANTASTIC host, I think you staying on as Grads host sounds perfect, and a great way to keep the grad board active!

Edit:
Sorry! I left my siggy in because I thought this was your other journal
Thank you!

June 29th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Look at you... Superwoman Hosting 2 boards!!

I think it's a great idea to host the Grads board. Even if the admins don't think it's "needed", you and Dawn could always just decide between the two of you that she'll drive the TTC side and you'll drive the Grads side.

That way you don't have to "leave" us. Some Grads have been known to check in on the main board... so it's not like you won't be able to still post and follow those still on the TTC side.

June 29th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Yep, that's what I'm thinking. I mean, I'm not NOT going to check in on this board anyway. I'll give it a couple weeks, and see how things are going everywhere...then work it out with Dawn and such!

June 29th, 2012, 04:52 PM
A Friday at the Park - Whew, long day!
Well, I successfully spent about 6 hours at the Park today! It was a hot one, but I stayed in the shade best I could, and kept hydrated. Saw many animal and human friends, the bird show, a few animal presentations, and the soft launch of their summer safari program. My friend Joan, one of the keepers, the one I said I had to avoid because she would guess my secret in one second, called me during the bird show. I called her back afterwards, playing phone tag. The goats were back home, and though the Kraal is still blocked off, I'm guessing she was going to sneak me back to see my goats. But we played phone tag for an hour or so. I snuck a peek through an opening of her running around with Beverly (one of the older Pygmys), so that was cute. I was super excited to see the goats and her, but on the other hand, sort of wanted to avoid the inevitable conversation if she saw me. We never connected, so that worked out well.

Now, I'm back home, hot, and just had an ice cream. Another day of bad food. I had pancakes for breakfast, but no real lunch. Just some snacks of almonds, sea salt/malt vinegar potato chips, and 2 rice cakes. WTH is that? Real food doesn't sound good to me. It doesn't sound bad, just not good. Not quite sure what dinner will be. Friday is always pizza night, but so far, that's been my only aversion. DH said he will be home "early" tonight, so that probably means by 6 instead of 7 or 8. We shall see!

A little worried about Max's one eye. He's already blind in both, and he's had previous surgery to remove a detached lens in this one. But the eye is all of a sudden misshapen. I think it's glaucoma. The main concerns with glaucoma is catching it early to avoid blindness, which can set in quickly if pressure builds up too fast, but he's already blind, and pain. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it at all, so I'm just sort of keeping an eye on it, so to speak. I could take him to his vet, but I know he really needs to go to his ophthalmologist. That couldn't happen until next week anyway, so I'm just waiting to see if anything changes.

With that, off to work on my photo project for a bit before DH comes home...then maybe lie down for a bit. I don't feel tired, but I have a feeling I may have overdone it today! Outside in the 100 degree heat, walking around for 6 hours...ya, I shall sleep good tonight!

As per usual, I might not be around much over the weekend, though I always keep tabs on my phone. I just spend too much time on the computer during the week, and with DH traveling so much and always working late (and now me going to bed early), we hardly get any time together...so weekends are "us" time!

Hope everyone has a super great weekend!
xx

July 2nd, 2012, 09:31 AM
It's Monday!
Wow, I had a nice weekend! I didn't touch my computer except to do a quick Amazon order yesterday....THAT was nice! Friday we got take out, watched the Olympic Swimming Trials on TV. Sat, we got up early, got breakfast, then went to the Park for most of the day. Why? MY GOATS came home!!! The Petting Kraal opened on Sat after being closed for renovation since mid-April. I have MISSED them. The keeper in charge, who is a good friend of mine, kept me posted through the week. We got there bright and early on Sat, and boy was I happy to see them! The triplets, especially Mandi (Mandolin) and Trumpet came right up to me and started loving all over me. I gave them huge hugs. I said hi to all my old friends, and tried to introduce myself to the 5 new goats....but they were all in their break area (i.e. human free area), as they are still nervous. I spent some time talking to my keeper friend, played with the goats for a long time. We left to go see some other exhibits (the tiger cubs, Conrad and Thomas) were on exhibit from 9-12 that day, so we hoofed it up Tiger Trail to try and catch a glimpse. No luck, they were hiding. Tigers are reclusive animals, so it's hard to catch them most days. We grabbed some lunch, watched a bird show, found some friends and had a chat with them for a few, then went back to the goats to say bye for the day. We went home, I took a nap, DH went to the Harley dealer to do stuff, and then we went out for a quick bite. Came home, watched more swimming!

Sunday, we got up early, had breakfast, and then went shopping. We decided to get a new tent for our annual camping trip in August. There is nothing wrong with ours, it's small, but it's fine. However, DH decided we needed a huge firm airmattress, which would not fit in our current small tent. So, we are upgrading, and have been doing a lot of research to find a 6-man tent that will last us well into camping with our future family. We ended up buying our tent and mattress online, much cheaper, and free shipping. We are super excited! We came home and DH had a little work to do, then we went back out to do more shopping...had to go get some crickets and a lamp for my gecko, and a few other errands that I can't remember now. We grabbed lunch out, and came home, ordered our new camping gear, then relaxed on the couch for the remainder of the afternoon. It was such a nice weekend. Nothing special, just nice!

Today, I have to work on some school, work on a photo project, and ...OH, that was the other thing we researched/ordered. A fire proof safe. I wanted a small fire proof box for my old pictures, but we ended up, for just a few dollars more, getting a bit larger of a safe. Now we can store photos, but also important documents, etc. Found it at an office supply store for $90, but found it on Amazon for $75, with free 2 day shipping!

So, today, going to do more school, clean up my office a bit, have an appointment at 1245, then who knows? Probably grocery store, since we didn't make that yesterday.

I hope everyone is having a great Monday so far!
xx

July 2nd, 2012, 12:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
wow sounds like you had a packed but fun weekend, glad your goat friends are back.

ive been looking for a fire proof safe since we bought the house to keep the house deeds in and such but no joy, i may now check out amazon! thanks

hope your appt went well today

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

July 2nd, 2012, 02:56 PM
Monday - Before I go to the store update
Hi Ladies,
I have spent most of my day catching up here, and finishing up school. Now, trying to make a grocery list and decide what's for eats this week. Lately, I've been going to the store on Mondays. We used to go together on Sundays, but our weekends have been too full, so I just go Monday. The store is much less crowded anyway, and I don't mind.

I made sure to eat first though, because I am a really bad "hungry shopper".

We also just got invited to our good friends house on Wed for a July 4th BBQ. It was totally last minute, and I was surprised to be honest, because they just moved in a week ago! They are doing a housewarming party in the fall, because they are so busy right now...just moved, both work crazy hours for jobs, the girl travels (internationally) for work, AND they are getting married next month. So, ya, they be busy. But they wanted to have a small, close knit group over for the 4th. We are going, and that's awesome, but I need to come up with a good appetizer. She is vegetarian, so I always try and bring a vegetarian option, or something that is half/half (i.e. last time, I brought a pizza dip split in two - one side had pepperoni, the other did not). I'm thinking something along the lines of a caprese salad or something. Need to decide before I leave the house.

Other than that, nothing new. Well, except I had an appointment today. You can read about that, ahem, elsewhere, if you know what I mean!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!
xx

July 2nd, 2012, 05:59 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Wow....a lot to catch up. I will catch up on and I need to catch up on your other journal. We can discuss hosting the grads but I think that's a good idea! Congrats on being hosting another board! You are a great host! I don't know what I would do w/o you!

Wow....a lot to catch up on! I need to catch up on your other journal too yet! We can discuss hosting the grads but I think that's a good idea! Congrats on being hosting another board! You are a great host! I don't know what I would do w/o you!

Forever missing my angel 2010

July 3rd, 2012, 09:34 AM
Tuesday is Park Day!
Yep, I'm headed to the Park to play with my goat friends! I need to get back to working on my training, and they've had a few months off, so could use the refresher. Plus, there are 5 new friends in there that are pretty skittish, so that is a new challenge for me!

Life is pretty good on this end. Just finished my breakfast, tomorrow is a day off for DH, and San Diego weather is beautiful!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday...and if anyone is traveling for the holiday, be safe!
xx
Coley likes this.

July 3rd, 2012, 04:09 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yahoo Fourth of July BBQ!! Sounds like fun...hope y'all have a blast!

I will head over to your grad journal to find out how your appointment went

July 3rd, 2012, 04:16 PM
Tuesday - Had Fun with the Goats!
I just got home...spent a good solid 5 hours or so at the Park...the vast majority with the goats. I missed them all so much! I got a little time with 2 of the 5 new ones..the other 3 are still pretty nervous around people. The lead keeper picked names for 2 of them (Goldie and Ginger), and we named 2 others Polly and Dolly...there is a 3rd that looks just like Polly & Dolly, and she is really squat and short, so Joan (keeper) calls her "Squatty"...but if the team doesn't go for that, she's going to suggest "Molly" Not only does it rhyme with Polly and Dolly, but it would be in memory of my girl.

Had a super time, the weather was pleasant, not too hot, and I was mostly in the shade. Saw baby Kiburi, cheetah, though he's no longer a baby, he's a year and a half now. Caught a glimpse of the new baby bat-eared fox that the behavior team will get, but he is still so teeny, he's still in the nursery. I got a few pics, but it's through glass, and he's hard to see. My camera is dead, so when the battery charges, I may toss a few on FB.

I have to get some school done today...the rest of my stuff is due tomorrow, and though I don't have much, I don't want to do it on a holiday.

I probably won't be around much tomorrow (as I imagine most of you might not be either), so I hope everyone has a safe, happy, and healthy holiday! Enjoy!

xx

July 5th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Thursday - Feels like a Monday
Sorry I wasn't around much yesterday, we had a busy day! DH decided when we got up that he wanted Denny's for breakfast...so, we went to Denny's! I had a bunch of food, and regretted it shortly after. I decided, though, that Denny's has pretty yummy hot cocoa!

We got home, showered, then made some yummy fruit snacks for the party. We went to the party, which was about a half hour away. It was 80 and sunny at our house, but about 68 and cloudy at theirs I had a sundress on, but it was long, so at least my legs were covered...and I had a shawl, plus a sweatshirt I always keep in my car anyway. I only needed the shawl, but it was still disappointing.

Party was fun, small group, lots of good eats, and bocce and bags. We stayed until almost 5, which was pretty impressive on my part, then headed home, at which point I had to lie down for the rest of the night. DH made us some caprese paninis for a snack, then I went to bed at 9. Sleepy!

Today is supposed to be school day, but I'm going to the Park, and doing school tomorrow. My fav keeper is working today, and I haven't seen her much since April. She is off on Fridays, so I may end up switching my school day to Fridays for a while. That being said, I'm headed out shortly...just finished my pancakes and cocoa, and want to get to the Park earlier rather than later...since parking gets crowded this week, holiday week and all.

I will check in later today! Hope everyone had a good 4th!
xx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search