Karin's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree256Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2012, 09:00 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Friday that Feels like a Tuesday - School. All.Day.Long.
Well, since I played yesterday, today is school day. I was super tired this morning, even though I didn't go to bed *too* late (10:15). But I am starting to realize that even a seemingly early bedtime, is too late. Whether I'm tired or not, I need to get to bed by 9-930. Any later than that, and I'm wiped the next morning. I felt pretty good yesterday, albeit tired from being outside all day, but I didn't have too many tummy problems. I had 2 soft tacos for dinner, which were tasty, and I didn't get my typical post-dinner belly ache. Then I had a bowl of fruit (oranges and blueberries), and a couple sour candies.

This morning, I feel like yuck. I couldn't get up, but finally did b/c I had to pee so bad. I had 2 leftover pancakes from our July 4th Denny's breakfast, and my cocoa. I cleaned up the kitchen (I can't do it at night anymore, no energy), took out some extra trash that DH forgot (but bless him for getting out the driveway, then stopping, and coming back to take out the trash/recycling bins. I know this because he rides his motorcycle and I heard him shut it off!). Fed the dogs, and ate. Now I have a tummy ache. I thought the meal was small enough, but DH just reminded me via chat that one of the 2 pancakes I just ate was probably the size of all my little pancakes put together that I eat each day. So I probably ate a double sized breakfast. Tummy = not pleased.

Might have another cup of cocoa It's caffeine free, so I can splurge.

Then, hit the books!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday that feels like a Tuesday!
xx

Last edited by kbpeanut; July 12th, 2012 at 09:36 AM.
July 6th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Good luck with all of the school work! Are you still keeping three journals and hosting two boards? You go superwoman!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

July 6th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholle ttc View Post
Good luck with all of the school work! Are you still keeping three journals and hosting two boards? You go superwoman!
I am! My 2 "other" journals are pretty much the same though, although I usually put more detail in the ones "over here", as y'all know me better. Hosting 2 boards is fun, but takes some dedicated time I love it though! xx

Last edited by kbpeanut; July 12th, 2012 at 09:36 AM.
July 9th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Monday - blah
I had a so-so weekend. Friday, we ordered pizza but the place messed up our order, though, since DH hates the red onions that come on this particular pizza, I always order it without (I love them though). So when he got there, they had already realized the mistake and started making another. So, we ended up with TWO pizzas instead of one. Of course the 2nd was free of charge. But still, now we have twice as much pizza to eat!

Sat, we got up early, grabbed breakfast, and went up north about 30 minutes to a town's "Old Town", and walked around the shops and such. Lots of antique stores and wine tasting rooms (of course we skipped that). It was hotter than sin, so it was good practice for our Sturgis trip, which is much of the same. Hot and walking around in jeans (we were on the bike, so jeans necessary). About half way through our visit, I saw a couple walking down the street with Starbucks. I decided I needed iced tea, pronto. So we went, I got a Venti Passion Iced Tea (decaf), and it was SO tasty. I often drink the passion tea hot, but I've never had it iced. I have to check to see if I have any more, I think I might have a few tea bags left...and steep some iced tea this week.

After we left there, we headed to the Safari Park for the remainder of the day. By the time we got there, DH was hungry (it was about 2), so he had a cheeseburger, and I had an ear of grilled corn (summer special!). We walked around a bit, then went to cheetah run, which I have rarely done this summer yet because I'm usually too cashed by 5pm. I saw a lot of my friends, so that was fun. By the time we got home about 6, I had to lie down pronto. I was so hot and tired. DH heated up some pizza for us, and we had a nice evening relaxing on the couch.

Sunday was not as fun. We woke up, piddled around a bit, then went to a new place for breakfast. First, they have the BOMB DIGGITY hot cocoa. This place had a huge mug full of it, topped with whipped cream. This place had gotten superfly reviews, so we had to wait about 30 min to get in, then another 15-20 for breakfast. We don't care about all that, it's Sunday morning, leisurely breakfast. I ordered a short stack of pancakes, and DH and I split a B&G, per usual. It was some of the best B&G we've had in SD! We are HUGE B&G fans, and try it every place we go. Problem is, people in California don't seem to know what real B&G are all about. We've only found 2 other places that are halfway decent, and now here. This place was officially added into our breakfast rotation.

Anyhow, got up this morning, pretty tired, but slept ok. Just had my obligatory pancakes and my Ovaltine hot cocoa. I'm doing laundry, and have a paper to write. I was supposed to write it yesterday while DH was doing bills and some work, but that never happened. So, today it is!

So, that's my update, sorry it's long, but that's what happens when I spend weekends away from JM!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

xx

Last edited by kbpeanut; July 12th, 2012 at 09:37 AM.
July 9th, 2012, 06:01 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
I am so glad you have been reunited with your goat friends
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
July 10th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i saw your pic on fb of the hot chocolate and it looked really yummy! there's always plenty of places here to grab a drink like that when you want one..although i dont know how you manage so many hot drinks when your weather is as hot as it is!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

July 10th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Tuesday - Park Day!
Morning Ladies!
Today is Park day! I have all my school done for the week, except for that huge paper I was working on yesterday. Turns out it's not due until Aug 8...I still have to get it done, since I'll be gone that week on vacation, but I made really good progress yesterday, and today, I'm going to play outside with the goats. It's supposed to be near 100 at my house, so that means well in the 110s at the Park. I'm going to try and get there early before it gets too hot, but I just went outside and it's already hot! Guess summer in the desert is here!

I just am finishing up my pancakes and ovaltine, and should go get dressed soon. I'm a little tired today...I stayed up past my bedtime watching American Ninja Warrior Hopefully tonight I can get to bed at 9 like I should.

Hoping everyone has a spectacular day!
xx

July 11th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you had another fun filled weekend!

July 11th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Wednesday - Landscaping Day...ugh!
I always forget Wednesday is the day our landscapers come...until I hear them in my driveway which is immediately underneath my office window. It's all nice to have a tidy yard and such when they are gone, but it also means that Peanut barks incessantly for the time they are here. Lucky for me, I'm leaving before long, so I won't have to endure the ear-splitting racket!

Just polishing off my 4th pancake (don't worry I make itty bitty ones), and ovaltine () and I'm already dressed and my snacks are packed for the day. Headed to the Park, see how long I can endure the heat. Much to my surprise, it didn't get as warm yesterday as I thought. It was forecast to be about 95 at my house, which usually means low 100s at the Park. But I think it only got about 95 at the Park...so not bad. I was there from about 10 until 330ish. Saw many friends, played with the goats, and spent plenty of time in the shade (luckily the Kraal is very shaded, probably the most shaded area of the Park).

Today, weather forecast to be the same.

And there goes Peanut and his barking!

I've packed several snacks, since I never know if I'll be hungry and for what...and lots of drinks, plus my refillable cup from there. But before I go, I need to get some tickets to San Fran to visit my brother and my neice. My SIL is going away on a (much deserved) girls weekend in a few weeks, and my brother wants me to come hang for the weekend...both just to spend time with them and to help out a bit, I'm sure! He's been alone with Mabel before (he did a 2 or 3 week unpaid leave after SIL went back to work after leave), so he can handle her, but SIL always came home at night. I think it will be fun and for once, tickets are affordable right now between SD and SF.

So, I'm off to do that...will check in later today!

Happy Hump Day!
xx

July 11th, 2012, 09:30 AM
How nice that you'll be able to go spend some time with your brother!! Tending to Mabel will be a little preview into what your days and nights will be like in the very near future!!

Hope you have a fun day at the Park!

July 11th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Ugh, the barking! Our lawn care comes while we're gone, but I can only imagine the ruckus Max makes while they're here. I have to lock him in a bedroom when we're expecting pizza!
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
July 12th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
How nice that you'll be able to go spend some time with your brother!! Tending to Mabel will be a little preview into what your days and nights will be like in the very near future!!
Totally! My brother is super excited, both for the help and for fun time with his cool sister. We always have a ton of fun together! And a whole weekend with Munch? Oh my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyLee View Post
Ugh, the barking! Our lawn care comes while we're gone, but I can only imagine the ruckus Max makes while they're here. I have to lock him in a bedroom when we're expecting pizza!
I know the feeling. We've done this for years, though Molly was the worst. Peanut is still a horror, though it's gotten a bit better now that they are so old!

Last edited by kbpeanut; July 12th, 2012 at 09:38 AM.
July 12th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Thursday - Hooky from School Day!
Traditionally, Thursdays have always been my "stay at home, don't leave the house" day when I do the majority of my school work. But this summer, that has become Friday. Doesn't make any difference for school (everything is due on Monday night), but I seem to like the Park better on Thursdays than Fridays. More of my friends are working, and Fridays are just an extension of the weekend (i.e. crowded). So, just doing a little catch up here, then headed to the Park!

I was complaining elsewhere in another journal about the crazy summer we are going to have! When we lived in Chicago, that was status quo...every single weekend was jam packed. But then when we moved to SD, our summers were more mellow. Probably in part due to the fact that in Chicago, we only have so much summer, and here we have summer-ish weather year round. I think we always felt the need to cram 12 months of living into 3! Here, we can spread it out more! But this summer is going to be nuts, starting now.

*This weekend - DH in Vegas for bachelor party
*Next weekend - I am in San Fran visiting Munch
*Following weekend - Sturgis/camping trip packing (this normally takes 3 weekends)
*Then we leave for the next 2 weekends (10 day trip) for Sturgis.
*We come back on Sunday, leave Thursday for Colorado for wedding.
*Come home Sunday, on Tuesday my mom and Aunt come to visit for a week.

Yikes! My whole summer seems planned!

Oh well, all really good and fun stuff, so that's exciting.

So, I'm off to the Park, while it's still overcast, to get some outside time before the blazing sun appears. Seems like no matter how much SPF I wear, I'm still getting darker and darker!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!
xx

Last edited by kbpeanut; July 12th, 2012 at 09:38 AM.
July 13th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Friday - Sad Day.
This is going to be short, I'm in a really crummy mood leftover from yesterday, and I have to get distracted by doing my school.

Yesterday started out great. I ate breakfast, went to the Park. It was overcast and sprinkling, so a nice break from the scorching sun and 100 degree heat. I hung with the goats for a bit, then my keeper friend had a long break before her dept meeting, so we went walking around a bit. Found Buddy, a one-eyed goose that she used to care for, visited Max, an obnoxious Moluccan cockatoo, and said hi. Then we watched some animal ambassadors together.

The trainer who was presenting was putting Tarzan (rough necked monitor) away, getting ready to bring out her next animal, and then she came back out with Tarzan. My friend said something to her, and she came over to us (I know her well also), and she could barely get the words out "Majani just passed away.".

Majani is the Park's most famous, and most well-known, and EXTREMELY well-loved ambassador. Majani was an 11-year old Cheetah. He was the largest cheetah in captivity on record (in his prime), and he was a stud. Many of the trainers had raised him from day one, so he has been in their lives for many years. Majani inspired me to make my life-change and return to school. All the trainers knew that Majani was my favorite, and I would go out of my way to get a chance to see him. Since he was retired, he didn't come out to the public much, but they made sure I knew when he did.

I immediately burst into tears. The trainers were a mess. Everyone had blotchy red eyes, they had to get another department to come and take over their animal presentations. I couldn't bear to see anyone. It was such a sad day for the Park. Majani was a big loss. Everyone knew his time would come (he was VERY old for a cheetah), but nobody was prepared.

Maj passed away peacefully in his sleep. Ashley, one of my friends and one of Maj's trainers, brought Majani's best friend Clifford, the dog, up to his pen to say goodbye. I can't even imagine how tough that must have been.

So, I feel like I have lost another pet. No, I wasn't one of his trainers, but you all know what those animals mean to me. Majani was at the top of the list, no doubt, no question. It was a rough day yesterday. And I'm still feeling it today.

That's why I'm in a crummy mood still. I'm working on my photo project still (getting all my photos from the Park uploaded to SmugMug), and it's taking forever, but I've now made Maj pictures a priority. So, hopefully sometime later today, I will get a photo album put together of all my pics of Majani. I lost some of his earlier years when we first moved here, but I have lots in the past couple years.

So that's that. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.

xx
July 13th, 2012, 12:57 PM
For anyone interested, here is the PR on Majani's passing, as written by Janet, one of his long-time trainers (she's the one in the pic on my FB timeline pic).
July 15th, 2012, 06:58 PM
I am so sorry about Majani. I have read the things you've posted here and on FB, and it sounds like he made quite the impact on the world.
kbpeanut likes this.
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
July 16th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Thanks Jenny. It was a shock to everyone...those that worked with him for his whole life are really torn up.

Monday - Blah.
I have a super busy week ahead of me, and today, I have to finish up school, and do stuff around the house that I didn't get done all weekend because I spent it shopping! A few exciting things this week, though. One, I am finishing up the last 2 phases of my volunteer training for the Safari Park. Well, last 2 phases to become entry level volunteer, anyway. I will still need a ton more training to do what I really want (build enrichment), but I have to get this done first. We also have our monthly volunteer meeting at the Park this week. I don't usually go because they are at the Zoo at night (far drive), but this is during the day at the Park. As a special treat, they are offering a tour of the Beckman Center...this is amazing. Beckman is where they do all the genetic research, conservation projects, and where they house the frozen zoo. Next to working with neonates, this would be my dream, to work with the conservation team. So very excited to get a tour! This isn't something that is available to the public at ALL, and even for volunteers, it's a special treat.

Then, Friday afternoon, I'm headed to the Bay Area to visit my brother and Munch (Mabel) for the weekend! SIL is going out of town for a (well-deserved) girls weekend, and my brother asked me to come visit! Tickets were, for once, reasonable, so I'm going up Friday afternoon. He's leaving work early, picking me up at the airport, then we'll go get Munch at daycare and have a fun night together! I'll be there all day Sat, and leave mid day Sunday. Should be super fun!

DH got home from Vegas last night. I won't go into it in detail, but I was ticked. Whenever he does weekends like this, he only has one instruction (generally), to text or call once every 24 hours to let me know he's alive. He almost never does this, and almost every time, it ends up in a huge fight. Sure enough, he left Friday, mid-day, next time I heard from him was noon on Sun. Needless to say, I was upset. When he got home last night, he looked like s**t. I ordered him into the shower, because I didn't want his stank around me. I then proceeded to lay into him (calmly, in that "I'm really disappointed" way), for about 45 minutes while I made myself dinner. (Note: When he was half way home, he stopped for gas and let me know traffic was bad and when he'd be home....I was hungry for dinner, so asked if he wanted me to wait...he did. Then when he got home and showered, he decided he was too hungover to eat...so I was PISSED again that I had waited an additional 2 hours to eat.). Then he went to bed (at 8). I'm still annoyed, and he knows he sucks for doing this, but he's a boy, and boys are dumb. That's all it is. I'm pretty much over it, because I know he wasn't doing anything bad/wrong, just having fun. But it's lame anyway.

So, I had my breakfast, now need to get going on school.

Here's hoping everyone has a wonderful Monday!
x
July 16th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Sounds like Pat arrived home from Vegas in the same condition I usually do However, if I was in your situation, I would be totally pissed too. Come on man, you can't make your pregnant wife wait hours to eat! Not cool

That Beckman thing sounds awesome - I love genetics!
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
July 17th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Oh Pat! Really screwed the pooch on that one, eh?

That tour sounds amazingly cool!! I'm so glad you get to take part in all these special things that most people never get a chance to experience!

July 17th, 2012, 06:37 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I am so sorry about Majani and so sorry for not readying this sooner another for Pat pissing you off but you're right boys will be boys but, really that is no excuse. At least he is home and is ok.

Forever missing my angel 2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search