Karin's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree256Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
So sorry about Pat being a poop! Men (sitting and shaking my head as I type this.).

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

July 18th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Man... you must've really been in a mood. A whole day and not a single word from you?

July 18th, 2012, 08:26 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Wednesday - Next to Last Volunteer Training Day!
HI Ladies!
Sorry I wasn't around yesterday...and sorry I won't be for the next few days as much. I've got a busy week (for me), and not a lot of time for JM

Today, I'm up, showered, breakfast eaten (minus cocoa, no milk ) and getting ready to head to the Park for my phase 7 (of 8) volunteer training! I have been in training since March, so I am gearing up to finish this week! Not sure what today has instore, exactly, but I will be mentored by a current volunteer on some things. That will take up most of my day, then I need to run to the store and get food for DH for the weekend, and milk, for me! Tomorrow, I do my phase 8 training! After tomorrow is done, I will be an official San Diego Zoo Global Volunteer. Trust me, this is no small feat!

Then, I leave Friday for the weekend in San Fran with brother and Munch. And sometime, before all that, I need to do all my school A bunch of reading, 2 sets of homework, 2 study guides, 2 papers, and 2 tests. I have no idea when I'm going to do all this. I'm usually not this busy! But, whatever! It's all great stuff!

So, apologies in advance if I'm not around as much this week. I'm trying to get caught up in morning and nights, so hopefully I'll do ok

Have a super Wednesday all!
xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
Man... you must've really been in a mood. A whole day and not a single word from you?

I'm over my mood now! Honestly, this is a SUPER busy week for me! Yesterday, I was at the doctor from when we left at 7, until about 1130. Then I went straight to the Park! Got home from the Park at 545ish, went into chat for a bit, then DH got home!

I was checking things from my phone on and off all day, but when I post from my phone, I have no option of hiding my siggy So, I don't post here from phone

But, thanks for checking in...and yes, that was really odd not to post all day!!
Coley likes this.
July 18th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No worries! I've just gotten used to you popping in, even if it's just for a few quick sentences... I figured you were either still on the War Path or mad busy!! Glad to hear it was "busy"

I understand about the siggy thing... just know that you are welcome to post in my journal from whatever technology you have at your disposal!

July 18th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Awww, that's sweet....and if I absolutely must (i.e. when I congratulate you on your BFP), I will for sure!! I just feel so bad, because I have been there (for SO long), and HATED seeing PG and kiddo sigges I try and be uber sensitive...but thanks

Ya, I got over DH's dumbness pretty quick. He knew he was a moron (his words) and an idiot (his words also), and I could see how bad he felt. I know he didn't do anything bad, he was just at a drunken bachelor fest with a bunch of kids. Can't blame him for letting loose a bit, given what he's had to put up with on my end lately...trust me, I'm no barrel of fun these days

Whew! Off to training! x
July 18th, 2012, 07:08 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I noticed weren't posting much either and no worries, things are settling down for me so I can handle things around here.

Yay for the zoo volunteer thing!!! That's awesome for you! I hope you are able to get all school work done in between everything else!

Forever missing my angel 2010

July 19th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Thanks Dawn...this is a busy week for me! I'm still trying to get on in the morning and late afternoons though!

Thursday - Another Busy Day!
Short update, I need to get ready to go! I had a great day yesterday, doing phase 7 of 8 for my volunteer training. Today is 8 of 8 I will be so excited to be done training! After today, I can officially volunteer! I will probably start next week.

I am wiped OUT though. I was SO tired yesterday, like ridiculously tired. I came home, caught up on JM, DH got home, made me dinner (well, heated up leftovers), we talked about my day over dinner, watched a wee bit of TV, then both headed to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night with some wretched pain in my belly (nothing Scooter related I'm pretty sure), so I have been up since about 330-4. Now, I have another long day in the sun, forecasted to be in the low 90s here, so probably high 90s at least at the Park. Then I have the Beckman tour after that. Then home and nap.

I don't know what I'm going to do about school this week. But right now, keeping healthy is most important. I'll figure something out.

So, just finishing up my breakfast, then going to make a lunch, and get headed out to the Park. I will try my best to do a little catching up when I get home this afternoon, but I can't promise anything today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!
x
July 20th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Friday - Fun Day!
Quick update, lots to do today! I am finally done with my Safari Park Volunteer Training! It's been going on since March, so this is quite an accomplishment. This volunteer program isn't one that allows you to just go "sign up, start volunteering", it requires 8 different phases of training (and that's just to become an Info Ambassador - entry level). There are more phases of training including oral presentations, tests, and lots of studying to move up the ladder. I will be working my way through those as it makes sense (and as they are scheduled). So, after another really long day (for me) yesterday, I am official! I will be mostly volunteering in the Mammal department, in the Petting Kraal with the goats (no shock there), but also doing some info ambassador shifts sometimes to change it up. Should be fun, and I'll start getting my field work hours for school done too!

Today I fly up to San Fran to see my brother and niece for the weekend. I'm excited to see them! We have nothing really planned, just hang around. It's supposed to be nice (low-mid 70s) up there this weekend, which is really nice for them, and a nice change from the 100s for me. Just eating my breakfast and catching up on JM, then I need to go pack!

I won't be around this weekend much, though I always try and keep up from my phone. And retro-apologies for not being here much this week...for me, this has been the busiest week I've had in a long time, and it's kicking my butt! Now, just to get to the airport, then a few days of R&R! I still need to do all my school though

Hope everyone has a wonderful and fun-filled weekend!

x
July 23rd, 2012, 04:25 PM
Monday - Whew. Busy Busy!

Hi Ladies!
Well, I'm back from San Fran, had a superb weekend with my brother and Mabel. Lots of play time, and good catch up time with my brother. I got back yesterday afternoon, then helped DH do some trip prep for our Sturgis camping trip in 2 weeks. We were so tired from the weekend (he did a bunch of garage stuff, worked on his bike, put on new pipes, tried out our new tent, got most of our camping gear ready, etc), so we just ordered Chinese carry out for dinner. We rarely do carry out on Sun nights, but we were so tired.

Today, I had a massively busy school day. My school week runs from Thu-Wed, and when the classes open up on Thu, I usually get everything done either Thu, Fri, or both, depending on how hard the papers and such are for the week. Then the rest of the week, I do my discussion part (discussing other people's papers, much easier). But since I was gone all weekend, and spent Wed and Thu doing my volunteer training at the Park, I had to do everything today! All my papers and such are due by Mon night, so I had to cram all my readings, study guides, homework questions, tests, and papers into today! I got it all done, though, so very happy about that!

Now, I'm literally just catching up on life stuff (returning a watch to Amazon, logistics for the wedding in Aug, and our trip, catching up here, cleaning out my email). I need to shower soon, we are meeting some friends for dinner tonight. They live 1 mile down the road from us, and for some dumb reason, we never get together. Mostly it was because they had 1 boy (now 2), and recently had another, so they've had their hands full. They got a sitter for tonight, so they are excited for some adult time! We are going to a nice wine tasting restaurant called the Barrel Room. We've only been once before, they have FAB food, so I'm uber stoked.

This week, pretty low key. I will be volunteering, likely, one day (working through schedule now), and then just hanging at the Park the rest. I have some random house stuff to do, but much to my surprise, DH did laundry AND dishes before I came home yesterday! I neither asked nor expected him to do either, but he said "I didn't want you to come home to a bachelor house!" He is such a doll. I him so much for these little things!

So, that's that! Hope everyone had a great weekend! I think I'm all caught up on everyone's journals and all the posts of late. Hope I didn't miss anything!

Happy Monday Ladies!
x
July 23rd, 2012, 07:08 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Glad you had a good weekend! I am jealous of your chinese. DH hates it, so I never get it. I don't even love it that much, but I'd like to have it every now and then.

Have fun at dinner!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
July 23rd, 2012, 07:10 PM
Isn't always nice to catch up with family???

Yay for finishing your volunteer training, at least the first part!!! I bet that's a great feeling having that done!

I can't believe our trips are just right around the corner. I need to start getting stuff together for our trip but I'm not sure about you but usually the day or two before is always crazy busy and a lot of running around, I'm getting tired thinking about it lol.

That was really sweet of DH. It always means so much more when thu take initiative and do stuff around the house on there own.

I hope you had a great dinner!

July 24th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Tuesday - Park Day? Fun Day? Project Day?
No idea! Since I am all caught up on school, and did a ton of home/life stuff yesterday, I have today sort of free and clear! I have a few things to deal with (first, calling UPS to come and pick up the 3 HUGE boxes of patio furniture that were delivered here to the lady who lived here about 4 years ago!). I have to get some paperwork done for school (regarding my field work), and run to the store for a few things. I want to go to the Park today, but just sort of playing it by ear, see what I feel like.

I just finished my breakfast (homemade crepes), and just catching up here before I start doing whatever it is I'm going to do today. I feel like I should spend time with the dogs, since I was gone all weekend (and Peanut howled non-stop for 48 hours apparently), but they are more crepuscular (google it, learn something today!) rather than diurnal these days. So, we shall see.

I finally ordered a new watch last week....my last 2 timex's finally crapped out, after having each for about 4-5 years. I always have a timex to wear to the park and for things when I don't want to wear my nice watch. I love yellow, and my last fav timex was yellow, so I ordered the new version of it last week. When it arrived last Tuesday, it was ORANGE. It's actually cool, but i really don't want orange. So I have to ship that back today. Last night, I ordered the same watch in silver...so happy that is on it's way!

That's about that for me! Hoping everyone has a great Tuesday!
xx
July 24th, 2012, 07:12 PM
I haven't had crepes in forever! I may have to make those one of these days!

July 30th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Monday - Last TTC Journal Update

Hi Ladies.
Well, I think it's about that time. I've been maintaining this TTC journal for weeks now, and honestly, it's sort of pointless. I much appreciate all that come to check on me, but I have nothing exciting to write here anymore I think as part of phasing myself out of this board, I'll leave this as my last update.

I have a journal in Grads and one in my DDC (Karin and Scooter's First Pregnancy Journal!)for those of you who wish to continue to follow me there.

Thank you to everyone who has followed me over my long 3 years here...

But for the time being, putting this journal down for a long, winter's (summer's?) nap....

Love & Blessings,
karin x
July 30th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Here is my FB info, as promised...
https://www.facebook.com/kbreemts
July 31st, 2012, 12:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Even though I knew this was coming, it still makes me sad to see you go, although I am absolutely exstatic for you and Pat! You are now on the most exciting new chapter of your lives and I, for one, will continue to follow you over in Grads and your DDC. I hope you have an uneventful 9 months (i.e. an easy, happy one!) or should I say 27 weeks lol (these last 13 wks seem to have flown by).

Its been great getting to know you Karin and although i'm sure you will, keep in touch

Jen xx

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

July 31st, 2012, 08:38 AM
Thanks, Jen...I will for sure keep in touch! x

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search