Karin's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree256Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2009, 08:25 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Why I am just starting this journal now, I have no idea!

Quick intro for those that don't know me....

My name is Karin, DH is Patrick, and we're both 34. We're going on 1 year of TTC our first little one. We have 3 furbabies - Max (age 13.5), Molly (age 13.5), and Peanut (age 12.5). We live in San Diego, but moved here from Chicago about a year and a half ago (and aren't looking back!)

Our journey has been surprisingly easy so far...I went off BCP in October of last year, and the first month we tried, I was like 6 days late, so of course I was convinced I was PG. Took my first HPT ever, and BFN. I was crushed. Of course I realized that my cycle was all wack from just having come off BCP, but it still hurt to see that stark white space where I so desperately wanted to see a pink line.

For the next 3 months, my cycle was still off a bit, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't O'ing, but it finally went back to normal...very normal. Now I'm having very regular 27-28 day cycles. I started temping/charting in February of this year...that was fun! At first, my temps were all over the place, but that was, in part, due to the fact that I wasn't temping at the same time every day. Plus, I think my body was still in a little recovery phase.

For the past several months, my charts have gotten pretty decent...I know my patterns, and I'm clearly O'ing every month, right around CD 14. One interesting fact about me (and many folks on some of these boards just can't understand how I do it!), is that I have only POAS just ONE time in the past year of TTC. That first month. My cycles have been so regular, and AF has always shown up right on time, and I've always known it 2 days prior when the spotting begins, so I've not needed to test. The past couple months, I've started to get more anxious about testing earlier, but DH has always convinced me to hold out until I am officially late, as he knows me, and he knows that seeing a BFN will be much harder on me than AF's arrival. And every month, AF arrives right on time.

Other than temping/charting, I also use a ClearBlue Easy Fertility Monitor. At first it was working great, but then it started going crazy on me...I had a couple cycles in a row where it was giving me like 17 days of high readings, with no peak...and my temps and OPKs were clearly showing I O'ed. But now it's back to normal. A few months ago, I also added Dragontime to my routine. It's an essential oil that is supposed to help with fertility (was recommended to me by a friend who is a massage therapist and essential oil master!). I put 5 drops on each side of my tummy by my ovaries each night before bed. It stinks, but I've gotten used to it. When I first started using it, DH would say "You smell like fertility!" So funny. I also started taking soy isoflavones on CD 2-6 this month. My prenatals are Flintstones Chewables - 1 in the morning, 1 at night. Traditional prenatals made me way too sick, no matter when I took them, with or without food, morning or night...and I tried about 7 kinds!

That brings me to this cycle...cycle #12. I am currently on CD 22 and 11 DPO. It's Saturday. There have been a few oddity's this cycle:

1. I O'ed on CD 11 - 3 days earlier than usual
2. My temps are sort of all over the place
3. I had massive O pains (sometimes I have some, but usually very mild)
4. I had a TON of EWCM (I usually have nada, not any kind)
5. I had a huge temp drop on CD 20 / 9 DPO...well below coverline.
6. I had a huge temp spike on CD 21 / 10 DPO
7. Starting CD 17 / 6 DPO, I started getting creamy CM...it's still here (reminder, I NEVER get any CM, let alone post-O)

So...Monday we are going to see my ob/gyn. I made the appointment about 5 months ago, in anticipation of the 1 year mark of TTC. I never POAS. But...this month, because it's so different...I'm wondering if "different is good", and I'm actually PG. I'm guessing that because Monday I will be 13 DPO, if I'm not spotting (meaning AF is coming), the doc will likely do a test. IF (big IF) we are PG this time around, and the doc does test, and it's positive....I won't have had the chance to POAS and have the excitement of looking at my little pink line. So, I convinced DH to let me POAS on Monday morning before the appointment...if no signs of AF. Very excited about that!

That's my story...and who knows how long I'll be around here? But, I read so many TTC Journals, I figured, why not start one of my own!?

Thanks for taking the time to read my story...and thanks for welcoming me into your little journaling world!

XOXO
karin

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
October 17th, 2009, 08:34 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the journals!!! I look forward reading your journal.

Your chart looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice implantation dip!!
Creamy CM is a great sign too....I really hope you will be able to close this journal in TTC and start one in the grads section in a couple of days.

October 18th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Thanks denalibear! Glad to be here!

Well, yesterdays temp took a little dip, but today, it's way back up! I will be testing tomorrow morning, before my doctor appointment!

Headed out to meet some friends who are in town, and just happened to get engaged last night! The girl is like DH's little sister...she is the younger sister of our BFF. Then going to meet our other friend for lunch (she's in town for a conference). THEN....going shopping!! I need a new watch

Happy Sunday, All!

October 18th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Just got back from a long day with good friends, and a new pack of FRERs. It's going to be a looooooooooong night waiting. I've really had no symptoms to date, though I was a bit gassy a couple days ago, and other than the creamy CM I've had post-O, no other symptoms. This morning, though...DH did make a comment about my bb's...he said..."uh, honey...your boobies are, um, meaty". Made me laugh....so not sure what that means, I can never tell when they are bigger or anything, but if he says so, it's probably true!

Will post at least test results here in the morning before we head to the doctor. If I have time...will upload pics, but if not pics, at least the results!

October 18th, 2009, 06:55 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
I can't wait for you to test tomorrow!!!!

I'm glad you started a journal here! Hopefully you get your bfp this month and your stay here is SUPER short!!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
October 18th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Thanks, Kate! I have no idea why I just now decided to start a journal! Probably because I just sit and read all of yours, and figured, "why not?" Hope my TTC Journal is very short, and I can switch to a PG Journal!

October 18th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY for starting a TTC journal!! Sorry I got to it so late in the evening... this day got all away from me!

October 19th, 2009, 06:57 AM
I think this is the worst morning ever!

First, I've been fighting a sinus infection for the past 5 days. Woke up this morning hacking up a lung...luckily, it was at my normal time, so I got an accurate temp. Got up to wee wee...in a cup....set it on the counter, and now I have to wait....

Wait for DH to get up so I can TEST! UGH! I can't remember when I've been this nervous/excited/anxious/scared....

My temp also went up this morning...just a tad, but my temps have never looked like this before, and I STILL have creamy CM...and I should be spotting by now. Luckily, I'm headed to the doctor later this morning, so if I get a BFN, I'll be all good knowing that we're literally on our way to seek help with TTC. But if I get a BFP.....weeeeeeeeeeee!

My tummy is in knots....I can't wait for DH to get up....

October 19th, 2009, 07:19 AM
I can't wait for him to wake up either!!! ACK!!!!

October 19th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Expecting #1
Good luck!!!

Olivia Ann born October 12 2011, 5lb 6oz

October 19th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Well, after all the hullabaloo this morning (visit the AIP, TTC, and FC boards and you'll see why!), this is what we got:

But it's cool...gotta head to the doctor now. Very excited for the appointment...at least we'll get some ideas of where to go next. I've still got a shred of hope that maybe I did O later than FF says (TCOYF says CD 13 vs CD 11 that FF says)...so maybe it's still too early. If no spotting or signs of AF tomorrow, I may test again on Wed. We will see....

Thanks for all the laughs and support this morning!

October 19th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Just wanted to check in.

Hoping your appt went well... Can't wait to hear what they had to say.

October 19th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Whew! What a day! After all the excitement this morning waiting for Patrick to wake up, I finally woke him up, and we tested, only to find a BFN. We headed to the doctor, and after a long conversation, he basically said, there are no red flags with my cycles. He said I'm clearly ovulating, my cycles are very regular, and we're BDing at the right times. (Noted, he did fully support the every other day method).

Patrick got a semen analysis done several weeks ago at his primary doctor, but he hasn't gotten the results yet, since his doc is on vacation until like Thursday, and the lab won't release the results to him directly. We even had our ob/gyn try and get them with our written permission, but so far, no dice. Should have those later this week, though. That was our doc's first line of fire...check the boy.

If his tests all come out normal, then the next step would be to do some blood work on me...check my pituitary gland and thyroid, and then potentially some x-ray with a funky name (can't remember it now), but it basically involves putting some dye in my cervix and tubes to make sure there's nothing clogging them up, like old blood, or anything like that. He said, even if they don't find anything "wrong", patients usually experience higher fertility after this test because this test also sort of "flushes" out everything.

Another interesting note, even though we've technically been trying for a year, with my first few cycles coming off BCP being likely anovulatory, or at the very best, all outta wack, then with the 2 cycles recently where DH was traveling during my O week, the doc said it's really like we've only been trying for 6 months. His thought on that is that everything might be just fine, but sometimes, it just takes time.

He told me I don't need the soy isoflavones, so those will stop next cycle. He also told me to stop temping! He never really trusts temps, since there is so much that can throw them off. He told me to keep using the FM and OPKs but basically to take the results "with a grain of salt". In a nutshell, his advice was to just relax and go with the flow. Not really surprising!

I'm still holding out a small bit of hope for this cycle. I still have no spotting, which, if FF is wrong, and TCOYF is right, that should start tomorrow. I guess I will just wait and see what the next few days bring!

On an O/T note...after the doc, we had to come home, and pick up Max, as he had an appointment with the ophthalmologist. We pretty much knew he had a cataract in his right eye, which is why our vet sent us there, but we didn't know how serious it was. They did a bunch of tests, including one to check his retinal activity (which was good). Right now, with his lens totally detached and floating at the front of his eye (basically it just looks all cloudy), he is blind in that eye. Once they remove the lens, because he has good retinal activity, they should be able to restore about 75% of the vision in that eye. We didn't understand how serious it was, and told him we'd schedule the surgery in a few weeks. He basically said that it was emergency surgery, and made time for him in his surgical schedule tomorrow morning. They almost wouldn't let us leave until we agreed.

Sooooo....with all this drama...that was just one more thing to add to the mix. It's bad enough that my little guy has to have emergency eye surgery in the morning, but that also comes with a $4000 bill. Ugh. The things I do for my babies!!

Thanks for all the support this morning. I was fine, but after this roller coaster of a day, my emotions are finally getting the better of me. Patrick had to leave for a business meeting tonight...at the Chargers game no less (lucky!), so it's just me and some good TV tonight! Gonna catch up on some quality cuddle time with the pups!

XOXO
k

October 19th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Brandielou's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Karin I just thought I would check in on your journal. I'm glad that at least there wasn't bad news at the dr. I kinda like that he told you that temping isn't the best thing to do because I agree with him, so much affects your temp. I hope that the "relax" method will work and you get your DH's s/a back soon. I hope your furbaby will be ok and you are a great furmommy to do that for him

Thank you HeatherW for my beautiful siggy!
October 19th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks, Brandie! You're very kind...and you're right...after temping for so many months...though I love it some days, I do hate it other days. Or rather, hate how it makes me obsess! I think the "relax and go with the flow" approach might just work!

October 19th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Thought I'd go a little O/T tonight - I posted this in FC as well:

Y'all have been sending so many positive BFP vibes my way...now I need a few more...but for my little doggie Max...

Quick history...my 3 dogs are my life. I got Max and Molly when they were 10 weeks old....and that was almost 14 years ago. A year later, they did their own BD and made Peanut and Chico. Whoopsie!

Peanut is my little man...he almost died because he was so tiny...both he and Chico were the size of gerbils when they were born. But Chico was stronger, and wouldn't let Peanut nurse from Molly. I bottle fed him from birth, graduated to Gerber baby food (veal was his fav!), and now he's happy and healthy....and 12 1/2 years old! (Note: Chico lives in Amman, Jordan with my ex's brother...dear, dear friends).

They all have problems. But nothing more than what you'd expect from old dogs.

Molly has had 2 back surgeries for multiple ruptured discs in her back. She is great, but very fragile.

Peanut has a heart murmur, pancreatitis, a bad back (a ruptured disk too...but never needed surgery), and last year, a big scare with what we thought was a brain tumor that caused seizures...but it ended up being idiopathic vestibular disorder...which basically means "old dogs' vertigo". He's doing good!

Max has always been the rock. He's the biggest of the 3, and the only one that will play with babies! He just licks them until they swat him away! A few weeks ago, his eye started getting cloudy, which we figured was just old dog something or other (can't remember what it's called.) Brought him to the vet...he suspected cataract and recommended an ophthalmologist. We took him today, and the ophthalmologist did all sorts of tests...and said that Max needs emergency surgery tomorrow! If we wait any longer, the detached lens could cause all sorts of other problems like retinal detachment and bleeding, or a bunch of other icky stuff.

So...after all that...I need your prayers for my little Max. He's going in tomorrow for surgery at 8am. I'm sure he'll be fine...the vet techs just fell in love with him today. But he does have a heart murmur (so do the other 2), and he is almost 14, so anesthesia is always a concern.

Please say a little prayer, even if you don't post it, for my main man Max. After my BFN today, I just couldn't handle it if something went awry...

XOXO to you all,
k

October 20th, 2009, 03:52 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Karin! Here are some luck vibes for your little man~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~!!!

On the other side of things~ IDK? I think when you do decide to test again, you are in for a big surprise!!! Good luck sweetie!!!!
October 20th, 2009, 05:14 AM
Sounds like pretty good news all around from the doc.

Keeping little Max in my thoughts for you today... Hope everything goes well and he's back to licking babies in no time!!

October 20th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Well....this morning...bright red watery spotting. BOO. Pretty sure AF is on her way...which is ok...sort of makes sense now. I think FF was actually wrong, and TCOYF was right in that I likely O'ed on CD 13 vs CD 11. That would make today's spotting perfectly on target with every other month. I am sort of glad to at least know I can move on after yesterdays BFN.

Max is in surgery right now. He was so scared this morning...he just sat in the back seat and looked over the center console:

But, he's in great hands, the eye doc is one of the best in the world, so I'm sure everything will be fine. It's just hard waiting for them to call, ya know?

Headed out shortly to have a "play date" with my good friends' 4-year old daughter, Sarah. She has an auto-immune disorder, and though it's mostly better now, when she was very young, she didn't get to socialize much, so she doesn't have any friends her age...so I've become her best friend, and she often calls me to "come over and play puzzle". So cute! Since I'm headed back to work next week, this is my last chance to have a play date! Puzzles, here I come!

Thanks for all the good thoughts on Max. I'll post an update as soon as I hear from the vet and can get to a computer!

October 21st, 2009, 08:56 AM
So...Max came out of surgery just fine! There is some swelling due to the lens hitting his eye, but that was expected. His eye will still be a little cloudy, but he should be able to regain some of his vision, which is great. They kept him overnight for observation, and they will check him this morning, and if all went well through the night, I'll pick him up this afternoon! YAY!

On a poopy note...today is CD 1 for me. Boo. This month, no temping either. I will still use my OPKs and FM and check CM, but no temps.

I'm sort of glad...this week is highly stressful for me as it is...not only do I have my big charity spin-a-thon on Sunday (Tour de Cove), but I start my new job on Monday morning, after a year of not working! Aaaahhhhhhhhh!

So, I may not be around much for this week, but will try and check in when I can!

XOXO

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search