Dawn's Final Update for Here!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2009, 12:05 PM
KennasMama's Avatar Loving my baby girl!
Hi, I noticed we are kinda in the same boat and thought I would introduce myself. I am Jessica and this is me and DHs first cycle off BCPs. AF is due for me today also (assuming I stay on a 28 day cycle - big assumption) but no sign of her yet. I have had some cramping/bloating the last couple weeks, so who knows. I figure if she doesn't show by the weekend I'll test. Maybe AF will show around the same time for us and we can keep eachother company during our cycles. Good luck!!

December 10th, 2009, 01:00 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeforBaby View Post
Hi, I noticed we are kinda in the same boat and thought I would introduce myself. I am Jessica and this is me and DHs first cycle off BCPs. AF is due for me today also (assuming I stay on a 28 day cycle - big assumption) but no sign of her yet. I have had some cramping/bloating the last couple weeks, so who knows. I figure if she doesn't show by the weekend I'll test. Maybe AF will show around the same time for us and we can keep eachother company during our cycles. Good luck!!
Yay! Finally someone close to my cycle Lol. When I first got off BCPs my cycle jumped pretty much back to normal 28-29 days so hopefully that happens for you too!. I didn't think AF would show today but then I notice my BBs were feeling fabulous and not in severe pain Lol so I knew she'd show today and she did...finally! So hello CD 1....Hopefully yours doesn't show =) But if she does hopefully soon so we can test around the same times =) GL!

December 10th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Dawn - I just replied to you in my journal, but AF did indeed show late last night, so I am counting today as day 1. So we are close to the same schedule...love it. We can drive eachother crazy with our symptoms and mood swings all month. Hopefully AF will stay away for 9 months after this for both of us. Good luck!!!

December 10th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Dawn - I just replied to you in my journal, but AF did indeed show late last night, so I am counting today as day 1. So we are close to the same schedule...love it. We can drive eachother crazy with our symptoms and mood swings all month. Hopefully AF will stay away for 9 months after this for both of us. Good luck!!!
Just read that! It's always nice to have that fresh start =) Crossing my fingers and toes for both of us

December 10th, 2009, 08:20 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dawn ~ Thank you for the welcome!! Looks like you me and Jess are close to the same cycle! As much as I am enjoying having all of you girls for support TTC, I hope we get those BFPs soon!!

I have to add, you cat looks just like my old cat, Spanky. Whats his/her name?

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
December 11th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreed162 View Post
Dawn ~ Thank you for the welcome!! Looks like you me and Jess are close to the same cycle! As much as I am enjoying having all of you girls for support TTC, I hope we get those BFPs soon!!

I have to add, you cat looks just like my old cat, Spanky. Whats his/her name?
Oooo me too!! =) Spanky hah what a cute name! Ours is a he, named Milo.

December 14th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Well today was definitely a Monday. DH works mids (10pm-6am) and he called me at 6am to tell me the car was giving him trouble starting (it was making all the right noises, but just not starting). He messed with it for a good hour before giving up and getting a ride home from a guy at work. Then we called the tow company to take it to Midas. Another one of his co-workers and her husband live in our building so we asked her for a ride back to his work and she was nice enough to give us a ride. On the way over there she tells us her and her husband are pregnant! I was really really really excited for her (she and her husband had a miscarriage a year ago and had been TTC ever since), but I was still really bummed...I couldn't help but feel a little sad. So we get to our car and an hour later the tow guy finally shows up. We get to Midas and wait an hour for them diagnose the car......The car starts right up for them, no problem at all!!!! So long story short we paid $134 for nothing. UGH! We are soooo ready for a new vehicle. We're looking at this really nice truck a guy has about 3hrs away from where we live. We just gotta get into the bank tomorrow and get approved and then take this POS grand am and dump it in the Cook Inlet (kidding! Lol).

But on a lighter note AF is finally out of town so let the BDing begin On cycle #3 when I used Opks I got a + on CD 14 so I think I'll be safe if I wait till CD 10 to start testing. So wish us luck And baby dust to all you ladies

December 15th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Well today was full of good news and bad news. We were preapproved for $10000 car loan with a 5.45% interest rate BUT they want $3000 down. Unfortunatley we just drained our small savings for a trip =( Ughhh. And this morning and since then our car won't start once again. But at least this time our car is at our apartment. Luckily DH has been able to get rides to work from others so far. So that's all just blaaaaaaa. Whatever things will work it somehow!

As for my cycle AF was totally gone today! =) And I know I said that I wasn't going to temp because I'm horrible at it. But I think I'm going to give it one last shot this cycle. I took my temp this morning at 6am and hopefully I'll be able to do it at the same time each day from here on out.

December 16th, 2009, 01:44 PM
How exciting, Dawn, the temping thing I mean. And if you can force yourself to get up that early and test, all the more power to you, lol. At least having DH getting hoe about that time should make it easier, I would think. Boooo to all the car trouble, what a pain in the ***. Don't you love how these things always happen at the worst time - not that there is any real good time for it. Hopefully you can get some money together quickly for the downpayment or work with them to lower it. Good luck!!

December 16th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Quote:
How exciting, Dawn, the temping thing I mean. And if you can force yourself to get up that early and test, all the more power to you, lol. At least having DH getting hoe about that time should make it easier, I would think. Boooo to all the car trouble, what a pain in the ***. Don't you love how these things always happen at the worst time - not that there is any real good time for it. Hopefully you can get some money together quickly for the downpayment or work with them to lower it. Good luck!!
Thanks =)

It's definitely not plesant to have the alarm go off but ohhh the things we to to conceive Lol.

We took the car to the dealership today and it's getting worked on...well they won't start on it till tomorrow. You're right though, there really is never a good time for this kind of thing to happen. BUT I wish it would have happened after I'd already gone grocery shopping We've had take out the last two days. Ugh! Hopefully they can diagnose and fix it tomorrow. Once it's fixed the game plan is to sell it and use the $ for the downpayment on the loan

Ohhh AND just another something that had to go wrong today...my cell phone stopped working I am telling you this is so not my week!!! With everything going wrong hopefully the one good thing can be that we get our Lol A girl can dream

December 17th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Okay, I couldn't hold out any longer I had to POAS I knew it wouldn't be a + Opk yet but I like to see the progression. It was super light so I'm goin to stick with only testing in the morning until it seems to be getting pretty dark. Anyone else POAS yet?

So CD 9 in the morning:

December 17th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG lol I totally thought that was a BFP when I first saw the pic. You look pretty close to O Have fun

December 17th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Oooooo I wish! Lol I probably won't test till Jan. 3 for a BFP. Are you testing soon!?

December 17th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlockholmes View Post
Oooooo I wish! Lol I probably won't test till Jan. 3 for a BFP. Are you testing soon!?
Yeah I figured since obviously you're still early in your cycle, but I don't use OPKs so I don't think of them when I see a pee test pic, at least not as a first thought.

I think I'm going to POAS on Monday (11 DPO), and then if that's negative on the 24th (14 DPO) if my temps are still high.
I'm really hoping that if I'm to get a BFP I will on or before christmas eve. We've decided we'll tell our families then although we'd normally wait til the 2d month.
I want to tell them SO much on christmas eve!!

December 17th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Ooooo, Dawn, fun!! I can't wait to pee on mine, but don't want to waste. I told DH we would pee on the first stick on Sunday which is his b-day. He is soooo exicted, makes me laugh. Hope it keeps getting darker!!

December 17th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by santaself View Post
Yeah I figured since obviously you're still early in your cycle, but I don't use OPKs so I don't think of them when I see a pee test pic, at least not as a first thought. I think I'm going to POAS on Monday (11 DPO), and then if that's negative on the 24th (14 DPO) if my temps are still high. I'm really hoping that if I'm to get a BFP I will on or before christmas eve. We've decided we'll tell our families then although we'd normally wait til the 2d month. I want to tell them SO much on christmas eve!!
Oooo my fingers are crossed for you! On getting that Christmas BFP My cycle decided to save me the excitment and skip both Christmas and New Years Lol!

Quote:
Ooooo, Dawn, fun!! I can't wait to pee on mine, but don't want to waste. I told DH we would pee on the first stick on Sunday which is his b-day. He is soooo exicted, makes me laugh. Hope it keeps getting darker!!
Lol aren't our DH's so silly when it comes to TTC My DH checked the Opk for me and said "oooo it has two lines...is it time?" Lol.

December 17th, 2009, 08:15 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck Dawn!!! Hope it gets darker soon!!

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
December 18th, 2009, 01:30 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love your new siggie...super cute!! Your furbabies are adorable!

December 18th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denalibear View Post
I love your new siggie...super cute!! Your furbabies are adorable!
Thank you I don't know what we'd do without these two

December 19th, 2009, 05:03 PM
So nothing new going on here still no O and still negative Opks, but totally expect this until Cd 13 or 14.

Just wanted to add that if any of you ladies have Facebook feel free to add me. My name is: Coetta Holmes (I'll probably be the only one you can find Lol; that's why I use my middle name on here ) Just make sure to add a note to the friend request to let me know you're form JM since my memory for names sucks! Just don't mention TTC on there because we're hoping to surprise the family when we do get a Bfp!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search