Paula's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello everyone!

I'm new here at JM and newly TTC. I am very excited about having a place to share my excitements, disappointments, advice, and everything that happens on the road to motherhood.

A little about me: I am 25 and my DH is 26, almost 27! I am a teacher's aide in a special education (emotional disorders) class, and DH teaches high school English!

I have been on BCP since I was 16, aside from a year in college when I went off of it. My periods were really sporadic during that time and I figured I needed to be on BC anyway so after a year I got back on. After getting married in July, we realized we wanted to try for a baby! So, I stopped taking my BCP at the end of October after finishing a full pack.

We've been trying to conceive then, although I realize that's definitely not that long! Before finding this website, I had NO idea about charting or anything that goes along with it, so this cycle we are just playing it by ear and doing the BD almost every other day!

I had what I think was EWCM last week so we did the BD, but I don't think it took because I am having horrible cramps today. Darn it, I thought we'd get lucky on our first try

I hope this introduction wasn't too long! I'm looking forward to meeting all of you! Good luck everyone
November 17th, 2009, 12:44 AM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to this wacky world of TTC Paula, I hope your stay here is short and sweet! There is a LOT to learn, but hopefully you'll get your BFP before ever having to bother to figure it all out.

Did you ever talk to a doctor about your irregular cycles? Birth control can mask a problem but doesn't take it away... you may want to go to the doctor for an annual/ TTC work up if you haven't already.

Best of luck to you in your new journey!!

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
November 17th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I did mention it to my GYN, but he said it was probably my body adjusting to the absence of the BCP.

Sometimes I don't believe stuff he says, though, so I might discuss it more with my general practitioner, who originally stopped being a practicing OBGYN to just go into family medicine, but recently decided to also do OBGYN work again in addition to family medicine.

Which is another thing I will be confused about! Should I stick with my GYN who also does OB work, or go with my family doctor who knows more about my overall health? What did most of you do? I am curious about the number of people who stuck with their original "female parts doctor" if they also did OB work, and those who sought out the OB that was right for them.

My cramping has stopped today but yesterday my books were also very tender - my shirt was rubbing them all day and really hurting. They still hurt today - I'd like to think it's a symptom of pregnancy and think "Woohoo, we did it already!" Buuuut I know in reality that I'm probably just gearing up for AF. Only time will tell I suppose!
November 17th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Yeah, it doesn't take a year for your body to adjust to being off BCP. Usually just a few months if at all. I'd ask your family doc, but if he's been out of OBGYN for several years he may not be very up to date on the newest information in fertility issues. You may want to look into finding an OBGYN that is knowledgeable about fertility (most aren't).

November 18th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I found out today that my teaching certification has gone through, I'm now certified to teach 5-12 grade English. This is one step closer to getting out of the position I'm in now - teacher's aide in a special ed classroom. I work with the violent emotionally disturbed kiddos so I get in sticky situations every day - stuff thrown at me, punched, kicked, slapped - not to mention having to restrain children who are hurting themselves or others. It can be intense. One thing I am super paranoid about that is if I get pregnant what happens if one of my students assaults me? I am paranoid about one of them hitting me in the stomach whether on purpose or accident. So hopefully having my certification leads me to a safer place!

In other news, I am still patiently awaiting the day when AF is supposed to come. If by some miracle we've made a baby right away, I would be able to POAS and find out - and if not, then I can begin charting/temping/etc - which I did not do this cycle.

Ugh, how does everyone stand the waiting game?!
November 19th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Paula!
In answer to your last question, we can't stand the waiting game LOL.
My husband had to hide my stash of HPTs from me or I would test WAAAY too early!

What cycle day are you? Either you got lucky this month (could happen! Some women are MOST fertile the first cycle after BCP, I know i had a m/c the first cycle after BCP a year and a half ago, I think it was because I was severely anemic and my body didn't have enough ressources for me, let alone a baby back then).

OR you didn't, but you'll get plenty of chances, and charting will really help you get a better idea what's going on (irregular but ovulatory cycles, or no ovulation? for exemple)

Baby dust!!

November 19th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Besides waiting (and I am just starting, so I only am at the tip of the iceberg of what most of you are going through, so I definitely empathize), the worst part about deciding to try to have a baby is tricking yourself into thinking everything is a symptom.

It started before I even got off BCP! I was still on the pill when DH and I decided to try for a baby. I wanted to complete the pack of pills to try to complete the cycle I was on.

Anyway, despite being on BCP for many years, suddenly my mind decided I had miraculously conceived right when I wanted to. I was completely starving and my hunger couldn't be satisfied. I would eat a huge lunch and 30 minutes later I would feel like I hadn't eaten for hours. I knew I wasn't pregnant but couldn't help but think: WHAT IF?!

Anyway, my body is doing that again now. Starting on Monday my boobs were SO SORE and itchy. My nipples are still hard and sensitive - TMI? Sorry. When fabric touches them it's torture.

I know that most likely my body is reacting to the lack of BCP and regulating itself back to normal, and maybe even gearing up for AF (which should start around the 27th) ... but what if ?!
November 20th, 2009, 01:07 AM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know... the what ifs are killers! I've only been TTC for 3 months, but I know what you mean - it FEELS like a lot longer (basically I've been thinking and feeling pregnant EVERY cycle for a year and a half, even on the pill, although we were mainly avoiding but would be happy with a "surprise")

((hugs)) hope you get your BFP this month and don't have to deal with the emotional rollercoaster every month!

November 20th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
One of my students kicked me in the face a few times so the school district made me go to worker's comp. Anyway, on the form they made you fill out, they asked "Could you be pregnant?" and this is the first time I've been able to answer "Yes!" on that form.

It just made me excited. Even though I have no idea if I am pregnant or not, I COULD be, right?!
November 22nd, 2009, 03:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When I was on the BCP, AF came around the 27th each month. That being 5 days away, I took a 5-day-early PT this morning and got a BFN. Still hoping that maybe I just tested too soon, but trying to be realistic as well. Ugh.
November 23rd, 2009, 06:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just wanted to say that here I am, my first cycle trying, and I already wanted to cry when I saw a pregnant woman at the store yesterday. How do you guys keep from making a scene in public?! Haha!
November 26th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nothing new to add. While on BCP, AF started on the 27th - which is tomorrow. No definitel signs that she's coming. Which doesn't mean that I'm pregnant, probably just that my cycle is screwy now that I'm not on the pill.

I was telling this to some girls in chat the other night, but I had the weirdest dream. It also made me pretty angry!

I thought I woke up last Sunday (but was still dreaming as you'll find out), went into the bathroom, POAS, and got a BFP! I was excited until I realized I was still dreaming. So then I woke up, went into the bathroom, POAS, and got a BFP - EXCEPT, I realized I WAS STILL DREAMING. Ugh!! So, I woke up again, went into the bathroom, POAS, got a BFP and, you guessed it, was STILL dreaming!! Finally I woke up for real, POAS, and naturally, BFN.

It was too early to test, but I figured my dream was telling me something. I was wrong! Isn't that the worst dream ever, though? To think you're awake SEVERAL TIMES and getting a BFP, only to realize that every single time was a dream? Terrible.

I hope AF either shows soon so I can get started again - or doesn't because I am pregnant. Dreams can come true, right?

Happy Thanksgiving all!
November 27th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
On BCP, today was the day I started AF. Naturally I am assuming that my cycles are going to be messed up for awhile until my body gets used to being off BCP. I've had cramping the past few days that I thought was leading up to AF, but nothing so far. If nothing shows tomorrow, I think I'll POAS just for kicks. I'm having newbie fantasies of conceiving during our first cycle. Haha
November 28th, 2009, 01:34 AM
It may not happen as often, but you are just as likely to conceive your first cycle as you are any other cycle, really. We conceived our angel our first cycle trying! You just never know. Hope your body cooperates and regulates quickly!

November 28th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mandy, thanks for the words of encouragement - it's exciting to know that there is still a possibility for me on this first cycle, but I still don't want to get my hopes up.

Actually, last night I was 100% sure AF would be here by the morning. I noticed some pink CM when I wiped. I was so disappointed. But this morning, my CM was back to being creamy - no traces of pink or anything. I've still had some cramping today so I'm not in the clear. I think I just need to go buy a PT so I can POAS and get it over with. Even if I have a BFN at least I know.
November 28th, 2009, 07:16 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Please update us!!!! Did you POAS? Hoping for a BFP!!!!!!
November 28th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I peed on a stick, and...

Needless to say, I am ECSTATIC!!

Last edited by pthree; November 28th, 2009 at 08:48 PM.
November 28th, 2009, 08:42 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so happy for you!!!!! Congrats!!!

November 28th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks!!

I had a dream two nights ago that I had a daughter and was breastfeeding her, and it was SO realistic - I could even feel milk coming out of my breast, even though I have no idea what it feels like to breastfeed. I was wondering if something inside of me was telling me something. Maybe it was
November 28th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!! this has made my day

Nov
nephews Charlie 6, Lorenzo 6
niecesTamara 2, Arielle 8 months Lillian 3 mos

Dec
nephews Charlie 6, Lorenzo 6
nieces Tamara 2, Arielle 9 months, Lillian 4 mos
Jan Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 2, Arielle 10 months Lillian 5 months.Feb Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara2,Arielle 11months Lillian 6 months
March Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 2 Arielle 1 ys old Lillian 7 mos
April Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 3,Arielle 1ys Lillian 8 mos
May Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 3 Arielle 1ys Lillian 9 mos
June my daughter turns 3,Charlie 6 lorenzo 6 Tamara3 Arielle 1 Lillian 10mos
July Charlie 6 lorenzo 6 Tamara 3 Arielle 1 Lillian 11 months
Aug Charlie 6 lorenzo 6 tamara 3 arielle 1ys old Lillian 1
Sept Charlie 7 Lorenzo 7 tamara 3 arielle 1ys Lillian 1ys

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 postsAug 17,14 400 posts

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search