Jessi's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2009, 03:40 PM
KennasMama's Avatar Loving my baby girl!
Thanks, Lex. The pharmacist told me to stop the prenatals and multi vitamins because anything with Iron or...something else I can't remember, would effect the antibiotics. So I just have to not take them for 10 days.
I didn't say anything to doc. about TTC. I told his nurse that I was no longer on BC (to update my med chart) and she looks at me and says - all rudely - "so what are you using for birth control?" I say "well, nothing." She says "oh." And that was that. I dislike this doctor enough to only tell him my problem for that time, which is all he cares to hear about anyway. I have a yearly pap in January and will discuss more with her.

December 16th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Argh stupid nosy nurse... LOL I'm angry for you

December 16th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I wanted to punch her. I guess I was looking for something more along the lines of "oh, congratulations." But no! Oh well.

December 16th, 2009, 04:34 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
I hate when people just automatically judge! Like it's soooo unheard of that a couple would actually want and plan a pregnancy Lol. So sorry your doctor is so ridiculous, but I don't blame you for not telling him about TTC!

December 16th, 2009, 07:28 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad to have found you on here Jessi! I know we've never talked or anything, but I always try to keep up with you and your journey because I feel like we're in the same boat, this being our first cycle and having similar CDs (I know it's silly...lol) I am super excited to have come across your journal and know that you have at least one faithful reader! I look forward to getting to know you!

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

December 16th, 2009, 07:35 PM
OMG, Kemper!!! That's crazy, I was just reading another post, I have no idea what it was, and I saw you and was thinking, "hey, we're like the exact same person!!" Then I meant to see if you had started a journal as I know you are new here, but got side-tracked apparently. I am glad you found me and also look forward to getting to know you and hopefully seeing your BFP really soon!!!! If you haven't started one you should start a journal.

December 17th, 2009, 07:07 AM
That is crazy!! I think I'll start a journal some time this week. I hope you get your BFP soon too!

December 17th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Nothing new to say today. It seems like this week has dragged on and on and it will never end. I still have 3 hours and 35 minutes at this job that I hate and then work at my other job tomorrow and then on to a VERY busy weekend. My kidneys still ache which is getting old and my anti-nausea meds make me soooo sleepy I just want to curl up and go to bed for a few days.

On a good note, I'm going to start my OPKs this weekend. I told DH we'd start them on his b-day which is Sun. but I might want to start Sat. since it's my first time using them and I definitely don't want to miss it. I have 14 tests so I should be good. I guess I'll go to 2 a day when my line gets dark.

December 17th, 2009, 07:10 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey chickie!! I hope you feel better soon!!! Good luck with those OPKs! I started mine today too. This is going to be a fun week :-) What are your plans for Christmas?

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
December 18th, 2009, 12:25 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for OPK's!!! I hope you get a + super soon.

O
O
O
O

December 19th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Thanks, girls. I broke down and had to pee on one this morning just because I was so anxious. It was a whole lot of nothing which I expected, but I think I'll wait until Monday to do another, the line on todays was pretty much non-existent.

Holiday plans? OMG, too many and it all starts today. I will drive to Salem today to visit some family and continue my tradition of doing a Brother/Sister day of shpping and lunch with my little brother who is 10 years my junior. Tomorrow is DHs b-day party. Work Mon-Wed. Thursday is DHs big whole family Christmas party. Christmas day we get up do presents at home, got to MIL for breakfast and more presents, then to Salem to my whole family Christmas. Then the next week we have a formal New Years party for which I still need to buy a dress. Busy busy, but I hope it will all go by fast and my TWW isn't to miserable...with a good result in the end too of course.

December 19th, 2009, 11:49 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Yay for starting the Opks! Mine have been barely there still, but last time I got a + on CD 14 so I'm not worried yet.
That's sooooo good that you'll be busy in the TWW. I love having a ton to do so I don't stress and over analyze every twitch or weirdness that goes on with my body Lol. We aren't going to be too busy this holiday season though just us two =) So I'll have to find a really good book and become obsessed with it Lol.

December 19th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Being busy DOES help in the TWW. Which is why week-end days always kick me in the butt. Because I can think about it all day

Anyway I understand why you *had* to POAS... if I had OPKs they'd be under lock & key or I'd pee on them constantly. Especially in the TWW And also "just in case" I was about to O earlier than usual.

I'm sure Monday you'll get a second line even if it's faint.

December 19th, 2009, 01:30 PM
That sounds exciting!! Keeping busy definitely does help with the wait! Wish Nick a happy birthday from us!

December 19th, 2009, 11:01 PM
I'm so excited about p(ing)oas starting monday! i got a seven pack of OPKs thinking it would last until i 'o'ed... umm.... *insert hysterical laugh here*.. yeah I'm going to have to make a trip to Target tomorrow to pick up a bigger one. Let us know when you get +'s and have a Merry Christmas Jessi!

December 21st, 2009, 06:40 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow you have a busy schedule...I hope you enjoy all the time with friends and family.

Yay for starting OPK's!! here is some O dust...

O
O
O

December 21st, 2009, 09:46 AM
Today's OPK was another blank, but I'm only on CD 12/30 so I have no worries yet, though I would like to start seeing some faint lines soon.

I bought my dress for New Years yesterday, along with a new suit (minus the jacket) for DH. My dress is gorgeous and I cannot wait to wear it. It's floor length black silk (with a little bit of a train in the back), halter tie with pearls and crystals down the neckline. The best part? Although I got it in a juniors store where I usually need to wear LG or sometimes even XL, I was able to get a medium and it fits perfect. DH almost died when I came out of the dressing room and he says it's perfect 'cause we'll match. He's so cute sometimes.

It was a fast and busy weekend and I am already back at work, boo. Here's to a quick half week at work then four days of celebration off. Hopefully somewhere in that time off we get our positive OPK and can BD like mad. It would be great to get a Chritmas positive and make a Christmas bug. *fingers crossed*

December 21st, 2009, 02:48 PM
That dress sounds awesome!! Are you on FB? I want pictures!!! LOL! I wish we would go somewhere fancy for New Years. We always gather with our group of friends and just party at someones house. I love the idea of getting all dolled up for a new years party!

How was Nicks birthday?

December 21st, 2009, 04:24 PM
Yes, Kimberly I am on FB. You can look me up - Jessica Meller - but no mention of TTC please. I don't have pictures of the dress yet, but will get plenty on New Year's Eve.

DH's b-day went well. We lounged in bed for the morning and finished up a movie - well I watched, he slept. I made his cake, which I do often but decided to add butterscothc chips (to a butter cream cake) which tasted great. The problem is that the chips stuck to the bottom of the pan so the cake did not look good at all. The bottom layer broke into crumbles and the top broke in half, frosting covered most of the problem (our 4 and 1.5 year old nephews helped decorate, Ill show pics when I load them) but it went to pieces when we cut into it. Next time I'll add chips after it's baked for awhile and hardens up. Then we went shopping and met some good friends for dinner.

December 21st, 2009, 05:16 PM
Your dress sounds gorgeous!!! I'm going to look for you on fb...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search