Jessi's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2009, 11:41 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing to do with ttc, but can I just say I FB stalked your pictures and you are absolutely gorgeous!! I love your wedding pics, you just look so happy! I promise to stop being such a creeper now

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

December 22nd, 2009, 11:55 AM
KennasMama's Avatar Loving my baby girl!
Lol, thanks. You're not a creeper, I'm rather fletered to have a stalker, lol. My wedding was easily the happiest day in my life thus far. We actually got married (very small ceremony) in Oct. 2007 and had our big reception in June 2008, so I got to wear my dress twice which was great.

As far as TTC goes, I got a line this morning, faint, but very visible. So we are on the up-swing. DH was home when I peed in the cup and showed him my little laboratory (where I sit on the edge of the bathtub, set down my pee cup, take the little dropper and plop five drops into the well on the test) he thought it was comical. He left before the results, but I of course called him to tell him we got a line and he was thrilled. I'm getting excited!! Anxious of course for tomorrows test. Tomorrow's also my last day at work for 4 days, it will be a very much needed little vacay. Really hoping that in that time we get a strong positive and can fertilize.

We have a family friend who is going through a miscarriage right now - her third pregnancy. It is something I have alwasy thought about and always feared and being this close to it only stimulates that fear. Nick and I discussed it the other day and both agreed that when pregnant we would tell parents and siblings but nobody else until the 3 month mark. BUT - seeing how is family is regarding the friends' pregnancy/miscarriage makes me not want to tell them either. Nick's family did not agree with the friends' pregnancy as she can't afford the kids that she has now. They have great points, but I still don't think they have any right to tell her to her face that they don't agree and think she's crazy - it's not their place. Anyway, now they are saying that she's better off and it (the miscarriage) was meant to be. They don't say it to her face (they aren't that brutal), but it's still horrible to hear. Nick's mom has very strong opinions about us having kids and does not want it to happen for at least another year. I can't even imagine what it would be like for Nick and I to get pregnant, tell the family, end up miscarrying and just know that a lot of his family was relieved by it. Uggghhhh! So we talked about it last night and are on the verge of most likely not telling his family until 3 months either. I would only tell my parents as my parents are very supportive of us. Who knows how it will actually hapen, but I would love to see the look on his mothers face when we tell her we're pregnant and it's due in 6 months. I told DH that we could just tell her that we used Miracle Grow and it would be a short pregnancy, lol. We'll see!

December 22nd, 2009, 12:09 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh that's horrible. I feel so sorry for your friend
People can be so insensitive.
And I'm sorry your MIL wants you guys to wait. But it's your life, your family, your decision.
My grandfather actually told me to wait (out of the blue!) last summer. I was too stunned to say anything at all.
So he'll only know once we are past the 3-month mark, I'm only telling parents & siblings in the 1st month, friends the 2d month, and co-workers/bosses/unsupportive family after the 3d month.

Your wedding looked gorgeous!

ETA : is your MIL like that about everything? (was she supportive of you guys getting married young?) because if she accepted that after the fact maybe she'll shut up once thing are done and you have an adorable baby boy or girl.

December 22nd, 2009, 01:11 PM
She was fine with us getting married, at least i think she was. She never said anything otherwise. DH had actually already been married and divorced once before me and we waited 3 years to even get engaged. As far as having kids go, it basically comes down to the fact that she already has 2 grandkids from her daughter (age 4 and 1.5) and says she can't afford another yet/right now. But she'll tell me to my face things like "if you have them soon don't expect me to babysit" or "I already have my hands full with the boys." She has the boys at her house to babysit like twice a week tops, and she doesn't even work (barely anyway and only when she wants to). So she's just rude about it, and she'll pull out those comments anytime I mention us having kids. Funny though, she never says anything rude about us having kids in front of Nick, he'd flip and she knows it. Just goes to show she knows she's being rude! She's one of the moms who needs to tell us how to run our lives when it comes to just about everything, always involved in how we spend our money, etc. Weird things is...she only does it to Nick, not to her daughter, who makes much worse financial decisions than we do - it's really odd. Nick and I have felt like the family outcasts for a few months now.

December 22nd, 2009, 02:22 PM
Oh I'm so sorry she's being that way. Sounds awful

Like there's anything to "afford" when you have grandkids. You'll be the one feeding, clothing, and sheltering, buying school supplies and the "big" christmas gifts.

December 22nd, 2009, 02:24 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about your MIL...she sounds like my MIL...always negative and finds problems with everything that DH and I want to do. I'm really glad mine lives 3 1/2 hours away or I would probably be having the same problems.

Yay for getting a faint line...it shouldn't be long now!!!

O
O
O
O

December 22nd, 2009, 03:02 PM
Thanks, Stef. Mine lives...ohhh, about 1.5 minutes away, lol. Luckily since we are both fed up with her we don't see her often lately. We used to be pretty close, but oh well.

December 22nd, 2009, 04:15 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeforBaby View Post
Lol, thanks. You're not a creeper, I'm rather fletered to have a stalker, lol. My wedding was easily the happiest day in my life thus far. We actually got married (very small ceremony) in Oct. 2007 and had our big reception in June 2008, so I got to wear my dress twice which was great.

As far as TTC goes, I got a line this morning, faint, but very visible. So we are on the up-swing. DH was home when I peed in the cup and showed him my little laboratory (where I sit on the edge of the bathtub, set down my pee cup, take the little dropper and plop five drops into the well on the test) he thought it was comical. He left before the results, but I of course called him to tell him we got a line and he was thrilled. I'm getting excited!! Anxious of course for tomorrows test. Tomorrow's also my last day at work for 4 days, it will be a very much needed little vacay. Really hoping that in that time we get a strong positive and can fertilize.

We have a family friend who is going through a miscarriage right now - her third pregnancy. It is something I have alwasy thought about and always feared and being this close to it only stimulates that fear. Nick and I discussed it the other day and both agreed that when pregnant we would tell parents and siblings but nobody else until the 3 month mark. BUT - seeing how is family is regarding the friends' pregnancy/miscarriage makes me not want to tell them either. Nick's family did not agree with the friends' pregnancy as she can't afford the kids that she has now. They have great points, but I still don't think they have any right to tell her to her face that they don't agree and think she's crazy - it's not their place. Anyway, now they are saying that she's better off and it (the miscarriage) was meant to be. They don't say it to her face (they aren't that brutal), but it's still horrible to hear. Nick's mom has very strong opinions about us having kids and does not want it to happen for at least another year. I can't even imagine what it would be like for Nick and I to get pregnant, tell the family, end up miscarrying and just know that a lot of his family was relieved by it. Uggghhhh! So we talked about it last night and are on the verge of most likely not telling his family until 3 months either. I would only tell my parents as my parents are very supportive of us. Who knows how it will actually hapen, but I would love to see the look on his mothers face when we tell her we're pregnant and it's due in 6 months. I told DH that we could just tell her that we used Miracle Grow and it would be a short pregnancy, lol. We'll see!
@ miracle grow!! My MIL is also a nightmare. She hated me when we first got married and now she's been pushing the baby issue non stop and says she'll be very upset if we don't have a girl because she has 5 grand sons. Ugh.

I definitely agree about being afraid of a miscarriage. That is so sad =/ I think we would only tell my mom right away then after the doctor appointment I don't think I could keep it from anyone much longer!

P.S. I totally love to FB stalk everyone Lol. Whenever I'm bored I browse my friends pictures leaving comments

December 22nd, 2009, 05:23 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Jess! I have to add I love the FB photos as well!! Just gorgeous!

As for the MIL topic, I feel just terrible for all of you! My MIL is totally supportive and knows we are TTC. She even called last month and told me to get OPKS! LOL!
When it comes to money, we are is no great position either, but we will make it work.
It should be all about you, DH, and your family. I cant believe they said those terrible things!! I would wait to tell her as well.

Are you keeping your OPKs to compare?

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
December 22nd, 2009, 07:58 PM
Ugh, that sucks about your MIL I don't have any advice there.. I'm convinced mine was sent from heaven. She's a doll.
That's sad about your friend's miscarriage. I have a friend who recently lost a child also. He was 19 weeks and my best friend lost her baby boy in February at 22 weeks so I'm planning on keeping my pregnancy quiet as well (whenever I get pregnant that is).

Jess, when are you going to start doing opks twice daily? I haven't been, but think I'll do another one tonight since my one today was a bit darker than normal.

December 23rd, 2009, 06:43 AM
I cannot wait for an update...I hope your OPK is darker today

December 23rd, 2009, 10:54 AM
Well, ladies, I love all your support with the witch of a MIL. She's so up and down, sometimes she's sunshiney nice and other days she acts as though we (DH and I) don't exist. Oh well, like I said, can't wait to see the look on her face when we do get pregnant.

As for me....
CD 13 (yesterday) and CD 12 were kind of crazy for me. I had some minor AF-like symptoms - cramping and pressure in my lower abdomen. If I didn't know any better I'd swear AF was right around the corner. Could this be O symptoms? I have no idea what's going on. My OPKs are progressively darker, I think I'll start doing them twice a day starting tomorrow, but still not positive (not even close). I had some EWCM yesterday that was stretchy so that isn't matching up with the OPKs. I hope I haven't missed O somehow. I'm super confused as to what is going on in there. I figure I'll start peeing on my OPKs twice a day starting tomorrow and DH and I will start our BD marathon on Christmas Eve (tomorrow). My goal is to go 4 or 5 days in a row and I have already pre-warned Nick that he's just gonna' have to put up with it. He doesn't have to work, I just need his swimmers, lol.

So who knows where I'm at. I like to think I have not Oed yet, but maybe this cycle will be shorter than last and I did miss it. I guess only time will tell. I am really hoping that it was just some sort of pre-O symptoms and I'll catch that surge and be on my way to making a baby, but who knows. My fingers are crossed in all my confusion.

December 23rd, 2009, 03:22 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
It sounds like my O symptoms! I never used to notice O until we started TTC. But they're definitely random short lived cramps or pinches! Hope that means O is on it's way And I totally told DH almost the same thing Lol. I need his little dudes (or gals ). This cycle we've been slackers with BDing because he's been put on night shift for a while Here's some O dust for us both Lol

December 23rd, 2009, 03:46 PM
Sounds like you're about to O, are Oing or have already LOL. The O pains usually start a few days before and until like 1 day after, for me. But they are different for everyone. The pains just confirm something is going on but it's difficult to pinpoint what exactly since they can happen before, during or after.
The only way to really pinpoint is by temping and sort of with OPKs (although temping is more precise).
Even EWCM can stop a few days after O, or a few days before.
Keep BDing until you have no more O pains/EWCM/positive OPKs

I'm so excited for you! It really doesn't sound like you've missed it! I usually get a good 5 days of fertile-like symptoms before O.

December 23rd, 2009, 05:11 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you are right on!! Get BDing!!! Im sure you didnt miss it. Watch you will get the positive test tomorrow!!

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
December 23rd, 2009, 05:18 PM
Thanks, gals. You make me feel much better. I've honestly been really stressed about it all day! I even called Nick and said that I was freaking out and worried all our efforts were wasted and I somehow missed it. I told him I would take another O test tonight and he may have to suck up starting to BD tonight. He says - "but that wasn't the plan you told me!" I told him he could have one more night off without having to BD for a few days in a row, and he seems to think I'll hold tight to that plan. He was joking of course. So, we'll see what the test says when I get home and based on that we may start our BDing marathon earlier than planned. Thanks again, girls.

Good luck to us all this/next month. Out of all of us somebody's bound to get a BFP in January!!!

December 23rd, 2009, 05:45 PM
Brandielou's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
"Wasn't the plan you told me"

Well...our plan started out so much easier, just carefree and it will happen.......until June rolled around and my DH looked at me like a chicken that couldn't lay eggs!
You're doing great so far, and I love the quote about your "laboratory" My DH calls my computer room the "Baby War Room" because I'm always on JM and I have our baby stuff and all my books and magazines and articles in here. He says that there is a sonar that only he can hear (booooop....booooop) Ha!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

Thank you HeatherW for my beautiful siggy!
December 23rd, 2009, 08:38 PM
I wouldn't worry about the O pains if I were you Jess, I always get them a few days before I O too. Good luck BDing I can't wait to see which ones of us get our BFPs!! I'm going to be greedy and hope we all do.

December 24th, 2009, 04:48 AM
I was worried about the cramping before O and the O pains too but my doctor told me it was nothing and not to worry...the actual name for O pains is called Mittelschmerz. I usually have some cramping a few days before I O and then when I am actually Oing I feel these really sharp crampy pains...sometimes they hurt. The actual O pain usually only last from 5 minutes to 30 minutes for me.

Sounds like you are gearing up to O...have you noticed any EWCM? If yes, keep BDing

December 24th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Kat - LOVE your new siggy! You and DH are too cute.

Stef - Thanks for the dust, I can always use it.

I got home last night and HAD to POAS so I took another OPK and it was ridiculously darker than the morning test

But, I'm still not sure it was positive, so I figured I would re-test firs thing in the morning (no BDing last night). When I tested this morning it was back to light, about the same as yesterday's morning. I came out and woke up DH and said "we missed it!" He says "what does that mean?" I say "that means we have sex like right now!" I lost the battle and have to make him coffee and breakfast first, but the we're BDing. I think I'll take another test this afternoon and see if it's any better, maybe my morning pee just doesn't work as well? In the meantime I'll try to get as much BDing in as DH will stand.

On a funnier note. I was like a kid on Christmas morning yesterday with the dark OPK and I kept bugging DH about what it meant and what we needed to do and when. This lasted probably 20 minutes and I kept taking pictures of the tests. This is what I got from DH...
Nick: Why are you taking pictures if it's not actually positive?
Me: Because it's progress and my girls on my Mommy board will be so proud and excited.
Nick: How so?
Me: I have like 5 or 6 girls on the board that are close to the same schedule as me and we're all rooting for eachother and hoping for O.
Nick: Are they all as crazy as you?
Me: Ummm, yeah, probably.
I then went about my business. Just thought it was funny how he so nonchalantly threw in the fact that I am already crazy about TTC. I later had him elaborate and it turns out I am not a BAD crazy yet, lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search