Lex's journal (WTTC/NTTC)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 25th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Lex!! I was getting such faint positives when my beta was 40-- please either take the expensive test or take the progesterone! Af will show even if you are on the progesterone and not but just in case!!

Merry Christmas!!

December 25th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
HI Lex. Wow your temps really are up there. I really hope you are pregnant but I would wait until after Xmas to test just in case it's still negative. But I really hope it turns positive!! Merry Christmas hon

Baby girl born Feb 2013

December 25th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well today was interesting to say the least.
A few minutes after posting on here, I got horrible, horrible, horrible pain. It's really weird and I still have no idea what that was. It was very sudden onset, and I had 5 waves total, each lasted 3-10 minutes, and then just went away until the next wave. I would go from a pain level of 1 to a 9-10 in a matter of seconds, plateau for a bit, then get down to a 6-7 before stopping. It's hard to describe exactly where it was, it was at the bottom of my ribcage, felt like it was actually on the inside, and radiated to my back. Changing positions, breathing, NOTHING helped. Not even being in a hot bath (although that's what I did just in case)
It's actually the same type of pain I had during my third miscarriage, after my third dose of cytotec. The only common factor here is taking strong paracetamol, up to the very limit of what I'm allowed to take. (I'm sick now, really bad bronchitis, I was in pain from the miscarriage then). So I did what the doctor told me to do then, I took some spasfon, it's an anti spasmodic medicine and that stopped the waves of pain.
But it was horrible.

An hour or so after that, AF showed.

DH and I decided to celebrate Christmas tomorrow instead.

As for my high temp this morning, I'm guessing it was actually a low-grade fever since I've had a "real" fever for the past few days.

December 26th, 2010, 04:54 PM
JessMitch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you are sick on christmas lex, but i hope you enjoyed your holiday today!
December 27th, 2010, 01:51 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry the witch showed, Lex. I hope you are feeling better... what a time of the year to get sick.

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

December 28th, 2010, 09:19 AM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Hey Lex,
I'm sorry you were in such pain..that sounds awful! I'm glad you're feeling better though...sorry the witch showed up. I'm so sick of her. I hope you and your DH had a nice Christmas though. Here's some for this cycle! 2011 is going to be a great year for us all!
December 28th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im sorry about the stupid witch showing, she will more than likely grace me with her presence as well on New Years. I'm hoping for all of us in Grads for 9months in 2011 !!!!

January 1st, 2011, 09:39 AM
The witch is gone, 2011 is here and 2010 is gone forever... good riddance!
Happy New Year!
I didn't have internet for a few days there, I'll be catching up on everyone tonight!

January 1st, 2011, 09:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree, 2010 sucked! I'm sure 2011 will be better for everyone Happy New Year Lex!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 1st, 2011, 04:59 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree to Good Riddance, 2010!! Bring on a new and hopeful year in 2011!!! Happy New Year, Lex!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

January 2nd, 2011, 10:35 AM
So... Here are my January plans:

We aren't actually TTC this cycle. I'm seeing my RE on the 18th, and if I get pregnant again, one of two things will happen, the usual (a first trimester miscarriage) or the new and different (a later loss or motherhood). If the usual happens, I'll regret getting pregnant again on my own because I'll always wonder if treatment would have made a difference, and I don't want to be right back where I was in September - only in February. If I take as long to get going again which I probably will... that pushes back the IUI to July. And I can't stop before trying anything the RE really believes will help.
Now if I get past the first trimester all bets are off. I have never had a later loss and the grief associated with that would be completely new territory and the cause would be completely unrelated to IUI+injectibles. And I'm not excluding that my heart would be so broken that I'd stop TTC forever.

3: Call RE clinic to set up a repeat SA for DH
8: Go home after the holidays
10: exams in college
11: exams in college
12: He should do the SA around then
13: exams in college
14: back to work
18: My 2d EDD. And my pre-IUI RE appointment where we will plan the next cycle

After that... who knows!

January 3rd, 2011, 12:11 PM
Good luck Lex! :fingercrossed: that your RE helps you get pregnant and stay pregnant until you're holding your baby!
January 5th, 2011, 12:15 PM
So today I finally got around to taking the appointment for DH's SA. And the first one they had is February 4th!!!!! Considering I'm seeing my RE on the 18th of Jan, that's no good... I just assumed that the fertility clinic's lab would be just like the other lab, where he would just be able to drop off the "sample" without even needing an appointment, almost. This sucks!
I hope I won't be in trouble with the RE.
I don't think so though. He's already had one SA, the results of the 2d one will be back before the IUI is actually done at all, based on my cycle, and to put things bluntly, he's already gotten me pregnant 3 times in one year. Even though his motility is iffy, the only reason we're even doing an IUI is to make things go faster so I don't need to do too many injectible cyclese.

January 5th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Boooo on the late date for the SA. That stinks!! But I agree... you have gotten pg 3 times... so obviously they're able to get the job done.

I'm surprised your RE doesn't just do the SA at their office. I mean... if they're able to perform an IUI, which involves collecting a sperm sample, spinnin' out all the crap and then counting them up to make sure there's enough... It's all but the same thing.

I don't get it.

January 5th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Sorry you have to wait so long. That is ridiculous that they can't take a sample until Feb 4th! Maybe if you explain to them the situation they can squeeze him in? Either way though, you're right, I think you'll be totally fine - you've gotten pregnant 3 times in a year so obviously they're doing their job. I'm sure it'll all work out!
January 6th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I'm feeling kind of stressed about my exams next week. And I also have to pick a text to translate for next semester (we are going to be graded on a "long" translation for one of our classes) and I only have another week to find one.
I'm also feeling terrible. I was telling DH how proud I am of myself that I'm actually doing fine after everything I've been through and he told me that he doesn't think I'm fine. That I'm so depressed and he's never seen me this bad. I don't even know anymore if I'm fine or not.
And then there's the additional complication of our small Bible study group in church. It's the one place where I have always felt comfortable and happy and confident to share really personal prayer subjects. Everyone there is wonderful and supportive, and we've been part of the group for over 2 years now. But now there's a girl who I've always had a love/hate relationship with who is pregnant (same one I ALWAYS complain about) and every single time I see her, she manages to hurt my feelings really badly. She doesn't mean to, but she does (her DH is the one who said that you're not really a woman until you're a mom a few months back).
So I'm thinking of leaving the group. Because I can't stop her from hurting me. I can't tell her to stop coming. The only way I can control this is by avoiding her. I can forgive, eventually. But I can't allow her to keep making me cry.

January 9th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Nothing much is new on the TTC front, I'm back home (I was at my IL's with DH this week) and it's nice to be home but DH is really really sick. I hope I don't catch what he has because I have exams this week!
I'm starting to get nervous because I'm seeing my RE again! I really really really want this to work. I honestly don't know what I'll do if even injectibles and all the meds I took last time don't work and I miscarry again. I don't see what else can be done really.

January 9th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Veteran
I'm sorry to hear that you need to leave your bible study. I know how that feels to feel so sad and depressed after being around someone and it's really too bad that she is in a group that you have found a lot of comfort in. I hope you can find another place where you feel safe and supported. I pray that everything goes better for you this year TTC too!
January 10th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Lex ~
I hope your exams go smooth this week & you dont catch the sick bug that DH has Hope he starts feeling better soon!! What day do you go meet with your RE ?? I'm also terrified if the injects dont work (next cycle, if needed) then what. Its hard to know & deal with the fact that may be the end of the road. I always am thinking of you & hoping you get your sticky bean here soon !!!!!

January 10th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
I know what you mean. I always assumed that progesterone and acupuncture would be enough to stop me from another miscarriage and it wasn't. I am reading now that I may have had to start the progesterone before it was too late... but I understand your fear.

I think though in your case that an earlier O and stronger O from the injectables is really going to help.

Glad you are back and really hope you don't get sick!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search