Kat's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 24th, 2009, 11:05 AM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL!! Dont feel bad...we have an agenda to follow!
Thats too funny! I really love your siggy as well! You two are adorable!!

Hope you have a great Christmas!!!

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
December 24th, 2009, 03:09 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
I can be bad like that too sometimes!
&Ditto to everyone else Your siggy is super cute
Merry Christmas

December 24th, 2009, 08:00 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A definite positive on my opk tonight!! So we will be BDing like mad people the next 36+ hours! I so hope I can conceive a Christmas baby.
It's snowing like crazy here and... I'M IN DALLAS! So that has to be a sign right? You girls should see it. White everywhere so we'll have a white Christmas. Perfect timing!

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

December 24th, 2009, 11:17 PM
KennasMama's Avatar Loving my baby girl!
Awww, yay!!! Let's all make Christmas babies, I'm leaning towards my OPK as positive from this afternoon as well. BD, BD, BD!!!! Catch that eggie, swim spermies swim!!!

December 25th, 2009, 07:03 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for snow...I remember having snow when we lived in Addison, outside of Dallas, it was so pretty but a huge pain in the butt b/c us Texans cannot drive in ice or snow

I hope yall have a Christmas conception!!! Have fun catching that eggie!!!

Have a wonderful Christmas Day!

December 25th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just poppin' in to say "Merry Christmas!!"

December 25th, 2009, 08:53 AM
THats awesome!!! I cant believe we are all on the same schedule!!! Now wouldn't be even better if we all got prego together ?! :-)

Good luck sweetie!!! Merry Christmas!!!

December 25th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Stef, you should've seen the traffic here yesterday. It was horrible! It took us 30 minutes to go 1/4 mile. Texans definitely don't know how to drive in snow lol.

and Kim, I soooooo hope we can all get preggo at the same time!! That would be sooo awesome. I want to be in DDCs with all of you and I don't want any of us to have to split up.
Hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas!!

and a q for everyone: How long do you have + OPKs for? I've been having +s for at least 4 tests now. Since the day before yesterday. The lines aren't getting any darker, or lighter for that matter. I just keep expecting my surge to end, but it doesn't. Does that sound normal? This is my first TTC cycle, so first using OPKs of course. and how long after the surge ends can you stop BDing? We've been doing it everyday (sometimes twice) since CD 15 and I'm gonna be honest, it's tiring!!! lol

December 25th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Kat and Merry Christmas.
This is my third cycle using OPKs. I haven't seen a positive yet this cycle, but the last two cycles I had positives for 2 days. I don't think you should be worried about 3+s.. maybe you caught it on the way up, at the peak, and on the way down again. But I don't think you should have it longer than that, it might mean you're struggling to O.. but I'm no expert. I would BD until 2 days after the last positive OPK, since a positive OPK means you can O anywhere up to 48 hours later I think. Just to be safe.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

December 25th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Merry Christmas to you as well! I'm hoping the positive lines will go away soon! Thanks for the info though!

So.. I just found out my 18 year old unwed cousin is knocked up :/ seriously??!? ugh. why now?

December 25th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow your cousin - isn't that funny how people who aren't planning get knocked up at the drop of a hat, but when you're actually trying... I'm wondering why I wasted 10 years worth of BCP money! Well it's only my third cycle but I seriously had panic attacks if I was half a day late with a pill. Little did I know...
How are you taking the news?

Baby girl born Feb 2013

December 25th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Merry Christmas

I'm not going to be too much help on the Opks. But I'm starting to think it might depend on the brand. I got Clearblue ovulation tests (not the digi just the lines one) and I had +'s for 2days but this cycle I used a cheap generic brand and missed my surge because I didn't test 2x a day. I could be wrong about the brand thing but eh I dunno. <-----so not helpful LOL.

Sorry you had to hear news about your cousin. I hate hearing news of unplanned pregnancies. Yesterday my husband was talking to his BFF who is deployed right now ((this guy's wife also used to be my BFF but as soon as he deployed she went back to NY "to be with her familly" and cheated on her husband and asked for a divorce)).....back to the point we found out that his wife is now pregnant by the guy she cheated on him with Sheesh.

December 25th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Ha, I was the same way if I missed a pill...
and about how I'm taking the news: BAH HUMBUG!! It will be my grandparent's first great-grandchild but she lives way up north and we're way down south so mine (if mine ever gets here) will be soo much closer. How bad is that of me? lol I feel like a b**** but, I'm allowed to right? She's in the army right now and I don't know their policy on that... don't even know if she's keeping it! ughhhhh.

And Dawn, I've only used Answer so far. I bought the expensive ones ($12 for $3) and I got a definite positive like a week and a half ago and a positive yesterday. I also got the cheaper dippy ones and had a few negatives until the day before yesterday when they turned positive. So I dunno if I o'ed twice or what happened?? I just started testing with the cheapies at the beginning of this week.
Tested tonight and it was wayyyy lighter. I'll test again in the morning and hopefully it will be negative so I can officially start my DPO count.

Good luck in your 2ww! I hope your eggie catches

December 25th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Why oh why does TTC have to be so maddening and confusing? Lol They never should have made it out to be sooo easy is sex ed.

December 25th, 2009, 10:37 PM
KennasMama's Avatar Loving my baby girl!
I really truly hope you caught that egg, and it would be fantastic to all be in the same DDC, *sigh*, I hope so. And with the cousin getting pregnant...I have a younger cousin who just gave birth and (this is sooo bad) was rather relieved that the baby is really not cute and the family hates the father of the baby. Another one of my cousins has a 3 year old, so it was the first in the family - which I was totally bummed I didn't get the honor to provide. But she - my cousin - is off and on drugs, has no job, has no high school education...the list goes on, so the family doesn't see them often. I feel so horrible for the way I think sometimes, but those were both Oops babies. Sorry, I went off on a tangent there for a minute.

Got everything crossed!!!!!!

December 25th, 2009, 11:06 PM
I just loled at this conversation. I totally understand how you feel about your cousin though. And rest assured that you will give them the first "gorgeous/handsome" looking baby (and hopefully in about 40 weeks)! Y'all are going to make such cute kids!!

December 26th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Im in the same boat. A friend of mine is "oops" prego, and everyone is celebrating like she planned it. Not married, not sure who the father is, no job. Its so frustrating!

December 26th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Kat don't feel bad about how you feel, it's totally normal! Soon it will be your turn and your little pumpkin will be totally spoiled, being closer to grandparents and all..

Baby girl born Feb 2013

December 26th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love your siggy

Thanks Jaidynsmums for my siggy

My 3rd Niece Lillian Nicole- Due 9/8/14

Nephews Lorenzo,Charlie both 5
Nieces Tamara 2years old , Arielle 4 month oldNiece Lillian due to be here around 9/8/14

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 posts
December 27th, 2009, 07:06 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have had up to 4 days of + opks...I asked my doctor about it b/c I was worried but she said that is fine...b/c you can catch the surge as it is starting during the surge and at the end of the surge.

It is very painful hearing about other pregnancies especially when it was a surprise pregnancy.

Good luck I hope y'all catch that eggie.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search