Servilia's TTC journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2010, 01:27 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay you got the right timing I hope this is it! I totally am with you on alternating going all out cycles and casual. It is time & energy consuming!

January 2nd, 2010, 03:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had another good workout today (500 cals burned), I'm so proud of myself. I have been watching the scale creep up since the wedding - at the wedding I was 5'9" and 132lbs and I was fine with that and DH loved me like that. I'm 140 now lol which is pretty much where I was before the wedding and I know it's a healthy weight and I'm fine with it too but would like to be more toned.

One of my pet peeves is all the pop that's in the house ever since DH moved in (almost 2 years ago). Before I met him, I drank pop maybe twice a year - I wasn't avoiding it, I just never craved it and I never had any around the house. He loves Coke though so we ALWAYS have it in the house. If we don't have Coke at home, it's like a national emergency around here. And I DO like it - not enough to buy it just for myself but if it's here I'll drink it. So I have to cut down on that! Arrrghhhh While I'm at it I should cut down on bread and feta cheese. One of my favourite snacks is half a french baguette and I would dip it in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I LOVE that stuff! But mostly I think it's the vinegar I love the most so maybe if I just take a teaspoon of the stuff without the bread that would help? Sounds gross I know but eating half a loaf of bread can't be helping. Another fave snack is a plate of the following: huge chunk of feta cheese, with olives, cucumber and tomatoes. The last 3 are very healthy but the feta has got to be going straight to my hips?

I'm a little worried about my little brother (24 years old but he'll always be "little" to me)... my parents called to ask whether I've heard from him today because he apparently hasn't gone home after going out last night. He still lives at home. I'm betting he stayed with a girlfriend and just hasn't bothered to call them yet. At least I hope that's what it is and that he's not hurt or anything..

Baby girl born Feb 2013

Last edited by Servilia; January 2nd, 2010 at 03:25 PM.
January 2nd, 2010, 04:44 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for a good workout!! I decided to get more in shape too. I've gained about 11 pounds since I got married almost two years ago. I was 115 and now I'm 126 :/ So I put myself on a diet and am going to the gym three times a week. I'm about to start a blog for it! (I just started the diet today). Hope you can get as toned as you want and good luck on getting that bfp!

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

January 2nd, 2010, 06:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Kat, a blog sounds like a great idea - though I don't think you need to lose weight! What's a good website to use for blogs? I want to start one too!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 3rd, 2010, 11:17 AM
I've been looking at blogspot.com, it seems pretty cool. What kind of blog are you going to write?

January 4th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Kat! Congrats again I haven't decided yet - maybe a fitness one, aromatherapy, just a general life one.. I don't know ! I'll check out blogspot.
ps I love your new ticker! And I want one too

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 4th, 2010, 02:47 PM
KennasMama's Avatar Loving my baby girl!
Judy, we sooo need to join Kat so she's not all alone over in the Sept DDC! I know you're only 6 DPO, but do you know when you'll test? And wooohoooo for getting into shape, I need to get my butt in gear too. I've gained quite a bit from the beginning of college, a total of about 17 lbs, progressively in the past 5 years. Numbers need to go down, not up - unless a baby is causing the increase, then I'll deal, lol.

January 4th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know Jess, we need to join her - I'll miss her once she's totally gone from here!! I wasn't planning to test until like 13DPO so that's a whole week away... but I can be convinced to make an exception if I have a bud to test with!! Like say Friday/Saturday/Sunday?

Baby girl born Feb 2013

Last edited by Servilia; January 4th, 2010 at 04:34 PM.
January 4th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Let's do it! I am testing Saturday as requested by Nick to wait for him to do it with me. That's the day AF would be due, so it should be pretty clear results. That would put you at 11 DPO.

January 4th, 2010, 05:49 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Test! Test! Test!

January 4th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok it's a deal!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 4th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Nothing much new today - except it sucked going back to work, especially with this frigid weather..
My temp was up this morning but it's only 6 DPO so that can't really mean anything. I did have some cramps for a few moments. They felt like AF cramps but only lasted a very short while. I don't have much hope for this cycle for some reason but it's ok if I don't get my BFP just yet.. I know I am TTC and while I do get a little frustrated wondering why it's not happening when I'm ovulating and BDing at the right time, I don't feel real emotional sadness or anything like that. Not yet.

I was in a good mood today. I was very mellow which is unusual for me, at least at work. I'm usually high strung and stressed. Maybe it had something to do with using my essential oil massage oil mix all over before bed last night. I am really into essential oils and making different blends! I'd even love to make my own lotion and soap if I can get a hold of cheap bases. If you make it yourself at least you know what's in it. Sometime this week I want to get an aromatherapy book and some more oils.. So far I have grapefruit, orange, lavender, patchouli and jasmine. I also have almond oil as my carrier oil (it's used to dilute the very strong essential oils though it's very good and nourishing on its own as well).

For some reason I don't really feel that anxious about testing, not like I did the first two months.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 5th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OK - so I think my body's breaking lol The last time I went to the gym was Saturday - and the backs of both my legs are STILL incredibly sore. Even after the great leg massage from DH last night. Yesterday I noticed my left elbow hurting. Today I could hardly get out of bed and I noticed both my knee joints aching. And my eyes are red (infection?). The aching joints is not from exercise though, I can tell.. it's a deeper pain right in the bone or joint. And as I was sitting on my bed this morning deciding whether I should go to work I had this weird pain shoot up my left side and end in my ribs towards the back.
Umm ... edited to add - now I'm having some pain in my neck on the left side, my left hipbone and my ribs, also on the left side - WTH!!!

I also had a weird dream last night. I dreamt I got a BFP but I wasn't sure so I went to some ladies who were either nurses or pharmacists and for some reason there was no building, only a field with lots of lush green grass and that is where they worked. I took a pregnancy test to them but they weren't sure either so they gave me another pee stick and I just walked further down the field and peed on it! Right outside! Anyways, as I was waiting for the lines to show up I some my DH and parents also walking towards us but I didn't want them to find out what I was doing so I was praying for the lines to show up already.. and I don't remember the rest.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

Last edited by Servilia; January 5th, 2010 at 07:52 AM.
January 5th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Oh boy! Sounds like you need to soak in the tub or lay on a heating pad! Hope you start feeling better soon.

January 5th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope that dream comes true (except for the peeing publicly part lol) and you get your BFP!!

January 5th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Judy my elbow and knee joint have been super achy too. It totally sucks, it's not even that cold here so I have nothing to blame it on. I try and fit it into my list of "signs" but also try not to get too excited. Hope you feel better!

Our girls are leaving us left and right, we really need to join them!

My MIL and her friend just took a class on how to make lotions, etc. So they're starting their own company now. They have some great stuff that they make all themselves, lotion, lip balm, bath salts, massage oil. It's all natural and very yummy smelling. You could do the same. They've sold a lot of stuff and have gotten into different shops and offices.

January 5th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Jess. I hope your achiness goes away too... I hope it's not the beginning of a flu. I have honestly NEVER had this with any flu or cold so I don't know what to make of it.

I'm gonna miss our girls.. I still cannot believe they found out the same day - WOW! This is creepy but earlier that day I was thinking what if we all find out we're pg on the same day! But it was just the two of them.. for now!

That's cool about your MIL making her own stuff - I want to do it too! But it's so cold around here now that I don't feel like trekking out much except for the necessities like work and gym..

DH was so cute the other day. For some reason the topic came up and I said "I'm not pregnant" and he said "you mean you don't know yet, but you could be?" It's so cute how he wants to be a daddy He'll be so great!! I could just see it.

Thanks Lex - I wsh you were closer to me and Jess in your cycle and then we can all test together.

Dawn, I plan to take a bath tonight before DH gets home.. I can't wait to soak a bit!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 5th, 2010, 04:59 PM
oooh judy, a bath sounds devine!! I think I shall soak in one as well can't wait til saturday!

January 5th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The bath WAS good! I mixed epson salts with almond oil and essential oils of jasmine and grapefruit.. I smell so yum right now
I don't know where this pain is coming from.. DH thinks it's from the fun we had last night.. he got a little too creative but I won't get into that lol

oh great.. now I have pain in the area between my neck and lower jaw.. maybe it's a gland and means I'm coming down with the flu? arrrghhh

Baby girl born Feb 2013

Last edited by Servilia; January 5th, 2010 at 05:21 PM.
January 5th, 2010, 08:54 PM
You bath sounds amazing! If I wasn't so tired right now I'd definitely be a copy cat Can't wait till you test!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search