Servilia's TTC journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't go out to buy more HPTs so I am OUT! do I buy some tomorrow during the day and test in the evening, or is it crazy not to use FMU at 12DPO?

I've decided if this is not our cycle, the only thing I will do next cycle for TTC is EPO for EWCM but I will not do OPKs or temp. It might be more fun that way? More of a guessing game and surprise? I don't know, we'll see if I can resist. I'm just such a type A personality and hate the fact that I can't control this! Uggggh I'm used to hard work paying off - the idea that if you work hard enough you will get what you want but in this area that doesn't seem to apply.

Also, being on this website makes me want to go back to university and go to med school so I can help women like those on this site who are having problems!! It's only my third cycle so I really don't have any right to complain but there are so many others who would make great mommies and have been trying way longer than me and it makes me sad

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 9th, 2010, 09:50 PM
KennasMama's Avatar Loving my baby girl!
I am still holding out hope for you, Judy. I get what you're saying about maybe taking a more relaxed approach to it next cycle (if need be) - hopefully you can hold off on OPK's, if that's what you want. I could never do it, so good luck, lol. Now that I've found them I am addicted. Not that I have to tell you, but KUP if you test again.

January 10th, 2010, 07:10 AM
ashnichole2326's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ashnichole2326
I, myself, think your chart is still looking good !! If I were you, I'd test again!! Haha!! I am testing again today...we are both 12 DPO ...no spotting!! Yay us!!

KUP!!

Thanks GraysMama for my beautiful new siggy!
January 10th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks guys!

As I mentioned, I have no more pregnancy tests, but I could get some later today for tonight.. but I don't know if testing in the evening makes sense? What do you think?

Ashley, YAY for no spotting!! Are you testing again today?

My temp this morning... I'm confused. I went to bed late, a little after 3 and I'm supposed to take my temp at 6:15. And my DH woke me up in the middle of the night to change me from my nightgown to a tshirt because I was soaked in sweat and he didn't want me to get sick (how sweet!). So I didn't get an uninterrupted 3 hours. My temp at 6:30 was 36.51, which would be a temp dive.. anyways I went back to sleep and when I woke up at 11 it was 36.82. I don't know if this is cheating but I put in the higher temp lol might as well have some hope But I figure it's better to put in the temp that came up after a good sleep, no? Oh well either way I'll find out in a few days...

Today I'm going over to my parents' place for lunch.. and then hopefully to the gym together with DH! He wants to sign up It would be so fun to work out together!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 10th, 2010, 09:05 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
definitely go get more tests today!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
January 10th, 2010, 11:45 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
I definitely agree with the cheating, if that's what it is And I agree with buying more tests because if you don't use them this cycle you will the next
January 10th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
yeah if cheating makes me feel good, why not?
I bought 4 FRER but I don't know if I should use one today or save it for the morning? The last time I peed was around 4:30 so if I hold it for another hour or so that would make 4.5 hours...

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 10th, 2010, 05:05 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would use it in the morning...your chart is looking amazing! I may be testing in the morning if my temp is up so we can test together! ALthough i definitely think youll be getting a BFP, me not soo much!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

January 10th, 2010, 05:21 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cannot wait until you test with those FRER's!!!!!

January 10th, 2010, 06:59 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My fingers are sooo crossed for you! Can't wait to find out

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

January 10th, 2010, 07:26 PM
chrisam143's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Servilia View Post
Thanks guys.. you make me feel better.

Chrisam (Chris?), let me know how the EPO works for you.. I just noticed we're on the same cycle trying (3)! Good luck to you this month! Do you feel a little frustrated too? I thought it would happen right away!
Judy,
I'll let you know once I start on EPO. And yes we are on the same cycle! I can't believe its only been 3 months, it feels like a year. I do feel frustrated as well. I am a total control freak, so the fact that I don't have much control over this drives me a little crazy! I remember in October when we decided to TTC, I thought great I'll have the baby in July or August which is perfect because I work at a school. Little did I know! I have a friend that it took 6 months, another took a year and then another took 2 years!!!

By the way your chart looks great! Hope you test tomorrow!

Christine

Love my beautiful siggy from Chelsea (GraysMama)!
January 10th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, I went against Ashley's advice and wasted a FRER - BFN at 9pm - Boo!! Oh well I'll try with FMU tomorrow.

Christine, I just read your post on Jess's journal and I was on BCP for 10 yrs too and came off in October too - how funny!
I wanted an August baby but for a weird reason - I wanted a Leo baby just like me and DH!!

I don't have any friends TTCing right now and really only one friend of mine has any kids - her first was an oops and she tried for the second one for 8 months. So I never really thought that so many people had problems TTCing but I've learned differently from this site.. I hope you start a journal too and get your BFP super fast!

By the way I tested with the FRER right before my shower so I took my blackberry in there with me. When I came out of the shower DH saw me with the blackberry and asked if I was in there with my phone - I think he got jealous or suspicious or something!! (I don't tell him when I test early)

Ashley I sooo have everything crossed for a sticky bean for you! I'm testing in the morning, probably around 6:30ish EST. I don't usually pray but I will for you tonight! When are you testing?

Thanks for the well wishes Kat and Stef also!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

Last edited by Servilia; January 10th, 2010 at 08:15 PM.
January 10th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok I guess have a confession to make... and I am going to make it so you all can keep me accountable. I am a smoker. Yes, I know I shouldn't do it in the first place and I know I should have quit before TTC.. I don't have any excuses. I don't know if any of you have ever been smokers but once you are it's like a part of your identity and it's so **** hard to quit and I have tried. I quit twice in university for one month stretches each time and each time something stressful came up that started me again. But I have made a promise to myself and DH that as soon as I get my next period (or BFP if it's this cycle) that I will quit (I would have quit in earlier cycles too if I got a BFP). So come he!! or high water, the next few days will be it! I haven't admitted it before because I know it's horrible, especially when TTC and I didn't want the judgment. But now that I really want to quit, I decided to share so that you all can kick my butt (at least virtually, unless you want come to freezing Toronto) if I don't quit!.

I've been smoking since I was 17 but actually I feel like I've been smoking all my life, since my parents both chain smoked around me Before I started smoking I used to beg and plead for them to quit but they wouldn't And I don't want to die early!!!

I'm glad I got that out.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 11th, 2010, 03:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I tested and BFN. But even before I tested I was pretty sure that would be it because my temps took a huge nosedive from 36.82 (or 36.51) to 36.30. I'm slipping some tampons in my purse for work today!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 11th, 2010, 09:46 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Sorry about the BFN!!!! =(
And I definitely hear you on how hard it is too quit smoking. I started smoking when I was 15 (I was an awful brat Lol). I quit this past May and it was SO hard. Sometimes I wanted to cry and hit something it was so hard. I quit cold turkey though because I know there was no other way for me to do it. And I went out and bought a bunch of lollipops and any time I wanted a smoke I would grab one. It wasn't nearly as good of course Lol but it did the trick and now I don't even think about cigarettes (not even after I eat ) The smell actually grosses me out now, but it took 3 months before I could stop thinking about it completely. You can do it!!!!!! =)

January 11th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the encouragement Dawn. I need to do it and so does DH! But he has a much easier time than me at quitting.. he already did it once for a week a few months ago but because I didn't quit he just fell back into it.
Congrats to you and I swear I will do it too!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 11th, 2010, 02:05 PM
KennasMama's Avatar Loving my baby girl!
You and DH should commit to do it together, that way you always have that instant support if needed. No judgement here, but I'll still virtually kick your butt if you need me to, lol. Nick has chewed tobacco since he was 15 or so and has quit several times, but he's back to it. I see him go through the struggle so I can only imagine how hard it would be to quit. Best of luck to quitting and so sorry for the BFN. Maybe a clean system (from you both) will do the trick for this next cycle.

January 11th, 2010, 02:53 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about the BFN!! Next round is ours!!!

No judgement here. I was a smoker for 9 years. I finally kicked it last New Years. So Jan 1 2010 was my 1 year mark. You know how I did it? DRUGS! I went to my DR and he gave me Chantix. It worked!! I have to warn you, I got INTENSE mood swings/waves of depression on this stuff, so I only stayed on it for 1 month. But once I got past 2 weeks of not smoking, each day got easier. We are here for you!! Go for it!!

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
January 11th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you ladies! Kimberly, congratulations on quitting! I have heard of chantix and it may have to be my last resort, though I hate drugs!
Jess - sorry to hear Nick is back on it. It's really hard, I can totally relate.

Now I'm just waiting around for AF to show...and my lower back hurts so maybe it's on its way? I don't know.. I haven't had enough pill free cycles to tell what my normal pre AF signs are. I'm kind of excited because after work I dropped by the pharmacy and picked up some EPO! I want EWCM so bad lol it sounds so funny to say that. I also read that smoking is bad for EWCM so maybe more of it will be another good effect of quitting. So now I'm just waiting for her to show up..

Uggh I've got about 4 loads of laundry to do.. I might read some more journals and then drag myself downstairs to do it..

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 11th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DH is so sweet, I love him to bits. I told him we're probably out this cycle. He asked why I can't get pregnant and I said I don't know (like most men he thinks it happens on the first try). He then said "Do you think it's my sperm? Should I get them checked?" lol I told him it's only been 3 cycles no one will test us this early. I thought that was so cute though. I wonder what my temps will do tomorrow. This cycle I already started AF when my temp was this low.. but it's not due until Wednesday. Sigh..

Baby girl born Feb 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search