Servilia's TTC journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2010, 10:36 PM
chrisam143's Avatar Super Mommy
So sorry to read about your BFN. I hope AF doesn't come for you. I understand not understanding the pre-af signs. I did try and record signs last month, but haven't been as good this month. But this month does seem different. But like you only 3rd month off BCP. I had some cramps today, so thinking its coming soon and I am only 9DPO. Last month my LP was only 11 days, which seems short huh? I was hoping it would get longer as I heard that could affect getting a BFP.

Good luck with quitting smoking! You can do it, and you have great support on here. I agree with Jess, that it could be great for you and your hubby to commit to quitting together. It always helps to have that extra support at home.

Goodnight!

Love my beautiful siggy from Chelsea (GraysMama)!
January 12th, 2010, 04:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Christine,
Thanks for the encouragement. We have agreed to quit together. So that is good. I have gums and hopefully those will help.
Have you read about things you can do naturally to increase your LP? I haven't done any research on it since I haven't had a problem with that yet, but in passing I have read about vitamin B complex and B-6 specifically, so you might want to look into that. I read your post on Jessi's thread so I won't wish for AF to stay away.. you don't want to be MOH at that wedding with a one week old abby right? But best of luck next cycle!!

My temp nosedived again so I didn't bother to test this morning. It went down really really low. Usually I have a slower descent but this time... lol I compared this cycle's chart to the last ones and at least it looks more normal.. it looked more like a classic low pre-O temps and high post-O temps chart whereas last cycle I had pretty high pre-O temps. Now I just want to start my EPO already!

update: I went to the bathroom one last time before leaving for work in the morning shortly after posting my last entry here and wouldn't you know it - AF is here! Boooooooooooo
It's ok though I'm not that upset. I was a little sad last night but DH cheered me up. I've got my EPO with me in my purse so I'll start it today!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

Last edited by Servilia; January 12th, 2010 at 06:32 AM.
January 12th, 2010, 06:03 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Yay for EPO! Boo for AF but yay for a fresh start and new cycle =)
January 12th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are cycle buddies sorry that your af came.

Thanks Jaidynsmums for my siggy

My 3rd Niece Lillian Nicole- Due 9/8/14She should be here 8/21/14 time will tell.
Nephews Lorenzo,Charlie both 5
Nieces Tamara 2years old , Arielle 5 month oldNiece Lillian due to be here around 9/8/14

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 postsAug 17,14 400 posts
January 12th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Nayomi - sorry that your AF came too but I love having cycle buddies!

Dawn, I started the EPO today I'm looking forward to seeing whether it does anything for me.

I told my mom about AF (she knows we're TTC) and she told me not to stress out.. she said there's no rush and the more I stress out the less a BFP is to happen. So the standard "just relax it will happen" routine.. I guess I am relaxed now. I felt (self-inflicted) pressure to have a honeymoon baby but now that that's not happening I'm more relaxed about the whole thing. I think I will keep temping this cycle to make sure I'm Oing.. I just hate not knowing!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 12th, 2010, 09:07 PM
ashnichole2326's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ashnichole2326
Sorry for your BFN and AF....and I really hope you do well quitting the smokes! We are here to read about all the ups and downs along the way, and to support you.

GL relaxing...I can SOMETIMES....lol

Thanks GraysMama for my beautiful new siggy!
January 12th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Sorry about your AF I'll be right behind you, I think mine's gonna start tomorrow. How was the EPO? Any side effects? I think the bottle I got said to take 4 pills a day, that seems like a lot. I am wondering if I have to take it 4 different times throughout the day? What does your say to do? I am so bad about taking pills, well I was always good about taking BCP, as I took it right before I brushed my teeth every night. I have been bad with the prenatels, taking about 70% of the time. And thank you for the advice on the B complex, I had read that, so I think I need to look into that as well.

I don't remember if you mentioned before, have you tried preseed? What are you doing different this month?

I don't know about the whole relaxing thing either. Its much easier for others to say that, and I thought that before trying, but once you are TTC, its so hard to do!

Good luck this month!!!

January 13th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Christine, I haven't noticed any side effects. I took 4 and spaced them out a bit. I took 1 cap late morning, 2 together before end of work, and 1 before bed. No side effects, but then again I have a pretty strong system and rarely get side effects to anything. I'll let you know if I notice anything!

How many mgs are your capsules? Mine are 500mg each, and the bottle says to take 2 caps, 2 to 4 times daily, so from 4 to 8 caps in total, or in other words, 2000-4000mg per day. I'm going to stick to the lower dosage for now (2000mgs/day). I'm curious whether it does its job - I worry though about it affecting O time. I have read on some message boards that for some people a large dose delayed O (which I don't want) but for some people it might have brought early O. Not scientific evidence though so don't quote me on it. I decided to keep temping this month, and I'll let you know whether my O day changed at all (according to FF it was CD 15 the cycle before last, and CD 16 last cycle - though I'm convinced it was wrong on the last cycle and that I Od on CD 15).

I haven't tried pre-seed yet but I got a good lead on where to buy it in Toronto - you can order online too but I'd rather see the selection in person. This month I'm gonna see whether the EPO works, and if I don't see any EWCM before O time I'll go and pick up some pre-seed. I do know that Jess (TimeforBaby) ordered some so you might want to ask her as well.

I said I wasn't going to temp this month but with taking the EPO, I want to see when I'm Oing and whether there is any improvement in EWCM around that time.

So basically, the only thing different this cycle is the EPO, and quitting smoking. It's my first day today and I have a patch on but still kind of get the emotional urge (not so much physical). But I'll be good!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 13th, 2010, 07:06 AM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww Judy, I'm so proud of you for quitting smoking!! Hope this cycle brings good news.

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

January 13th, 2010, 08:07 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry AF came! We are very close to cycle buddies this month though!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

January 13th, 2010, 05:21 PM
KennasMama's Avatar Loving my baby girl!
Sorry about AF, but glad you're in good spirits about it. Wohoooo for your first day of no-smoking, so proud of you. Hoping the EPO and no smoking will bring you happy news this cycle. And an October baby, how cute?!

January 13th, 2010, 07:04 PM
for taking the first steps to quitting! You can do it
January 13th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks guys! I slapped on a patch this morning and thankkfully didn't have any cravings. So I plan to use it for a few more days until I get the habit out of me and then take those off and go cold turkey. I just want to get it all out of my system asap..

Ashley - I love cycle buddies! And I can't wait to follow you this cycle to see your sticky BFP!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 13th, 2010, 09:16 PM
I'm so glad to hear the patch worked today and you didn't have any cravings. You can do it!! We are all here to support you as well.

Re EPO, I just checked and mine are also 500mg, and it says to take 4, so 2000. I'm gonna start taking it tomorrow. My AF started around noon today. I had some bad cramps, but nothing like last month, so hope they stay calm. I still can't believe how much heavier it is than when I was on BCP.

So the countdown to O day begins We are kinda cycle buddies, just two days apart. I hate that my O day is most likely gonna be during the week. I get so stressed with work, it would be better if I o'ed over a weekend. Oh well.

January 15th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Christine,
Funny you should mention AF - mine has not been heavy at all, in fact on CD 2 and 3 I had nothing in the afternoons, only the mornings. Today it is back to normal. I hope that doesn't mean that my lining wasn't good.
I forgot but are you taking EPO for EWCM as well?

Ps I have been having pretty bad cramping near where I think my right ovary is.. I wonder if that's bad or what could it be? I am on AF so nowhere near Oing.

In other news, DH bought me Super Mario Bros Wii so now I have that to keep me company when he has long hours at work, which he warned me will be very often in the next while.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

Last edited by Servilia; January 15th, 2010 at 10:33 AM.
January 15th, 2010, 06:17 PM
=( Sorry DH is going to be working long hours. I hate when that happens, which is always. Lol. But try and make the best of his days off My DH has 4 days off right now because he got his wisdom teeth surgically removed so he's being the BIGGEST baby Lol.
January 15th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry to hear about DH Dawn - but at least he can rest since you don't need him for BD anymore!! (maybe for DTD but not for BD exactly )

Yeah he will be working until 9 or 10 or 11 every night basically..

We just played some Mario Bros Wii together it's so much fun!
I am sooo exhausted.. I never get enough sleep during the week, and as a result of sleep deprivation my eyes get bloodshot so I look just about lovely as dracula right now lol

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 16th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Lol true
That stinks about him working so late =/ My DH works nights so I can kinda relate. It stinks being alone at night or going to bed alone! Hopefully you get some BD time in anyway
Yay for Mario! I play it on my DS Tonight I got the game The Hobbit for PC and I'm thinking it's going to be a long few nights Lol. My little brother and I played and beat the PC and Xbox version when I was in HS and once again I'm addicted Lol.
January 16th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Judy,
Yes I am taking EPO for EWCM. (I thought I posted that yesterday, perhaps that was part of the missing posts issues). I took Mucinex two months ago, but didn't notice any difference. Started EPO yesterday, so far so good.

Sorry to hear about the cramping, not sure what that could be. I wondering if something to do with your ovaries getting ready?!?

Is your DH's work schedule going to stay like this? He's got to be ready in about 10 days or so to BD when ever you say its time My DH has been stressed lately with work and wanting a new job, so last night we had a long talk about it all and I gave him warning that in about 10 days I'm gonna need his healthy swimmers, so he's gotta not be too busy or stressed to BD I just want to get it right this month so bad so I can stop stressing about it.

So you love your new wii game? I am in need of a new one, as we don't use our wii that often anymore. I love Super Mario Bros, so may need to look into that.

Hope you have a nice weekend!

January 16th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah he's gonna be working hard for a month or two at least - a lot of clients with big projects right now I remember before the wedding he was working until 11 almost every night, it was really terrible because we had to be finalizing things for the wedding and I had a couple of breakdowns lol I hope he'll have energy/time for BDing!! Too bad I'm probably gonna O in the middle of the week, that kind of stinks. He likes to BD in the morning so maybe we'll get up early a couple of days but that stinks for me because I love to sleep in the mornings!

Dawn, playing games is sooo fun isn't it? It's like turning everything else "off" and you're in this other world

Christine, Let me know how EPO works for you. So far so good for me. I still have AF and not close enough to O to tell if I have any EWCM but I'll KUP too! Looks like we'll both have to coerce our DHs for BD!! hehe I hope he cooperates with you!! And yes, Super Mario Bros for Wii is so much fun. It's cute and fun. Not too hard not too easy

Baby girl born Feb 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search