Servilia's TTC journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi everyone, I thought I would start one of these to keep track of everything and get my thoughts down day to day Feel free to comment.

I'm Judy (30) and my DH is 30 too and this is our 3rd cycle TTC (2nd month). We live in Toronto Canada and got married late October this year

I stopped BCP in mid October and got positives on OPKs 2 weeks later (CD19 and 20). Plus crazy O symptoms so I was happy I O'd right off BCP.

Second cycle, I charted using fertility friend and was happy to see I O'd again, this time a bit earlier at CD 15.

As mentioned, this is our third cycle and I'm charting again. So far, all negative OPKs - I see a second line but not dark enough to be positive.

This month I am obsessed with my CM - I have YET to see ANY EWCM in any of my cycles so I'm fixated on improving that. I have to admit, I am not a big water drinker so I have to improve on that - can't have good CM without at least some water from which to make it right? I think I get easily dehydrated because I notice my hands get VERY dry easily in this cold weather. So today I bought a 2 L container of grapefruit juice and have been drinking that for the last few hours. Plus I drank a lot of water and some green tea too. Can't hurt right? At least I'll be well hydrated.

Another problem we have is that I don't think we BD enough! Just look at my chart this cycle - it's Saturday now and we haven't BDd since Wednesday! Granted, DH does work hard so I don't want to pressure him. But I told him not to be surprised if we don't get pregnant so quickly if we keep going at this rate. He has been good with taking his vitamins and what not so I'm thankful for that He really wants to be a daddy and I want to make him one soon!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

Last edited by Servilia; December 27th, 2010 at 03:12 PM.
December 26th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on starting your journal!
If it's any consolation, my hands get dry in winter too and I drink a lot. I think winter just does that naturally
Good luck with this cycle!

December 26th, 2009, 04:54 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yea!!! Im glad you started a journal!!

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
December 26th, 2009, 10:15 PM
KennasMama's Avatar Loving my baby girl!
Woohooo to starting a journal, I've been waiting for you to join us! You and I are in a very similar boat (just coming off BCPs). DH and I BD very rarely too - he has a LOT of metal/screws in his back due to breaking it a few years ago so he is not often in a painless enough state to BD. So even due to our young age (23 and 27) I'm lucky to get it 3 or times a month. I had to have a talk with him and get him to commit to 3 days in a row when I'm fertle. This is the first month, I still hear some complaining, but he gets the job done, lol. Glad to have you with us, good luck. I'll be stalking you now!!

December 26th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks guys for reading
Jessica I never knew your DH had such issues with his back! What a trooper!
Anyways we just got home from spending some family time together bowling (me, DH, his dad, his dad's gf, her son and her son's gf).. Dh is playing his soccer game and I honestly think I'm about to pass out so I don't know if I'll get any tonight... woah wait he just jumped in the shower so I guess we'll see...

Baby girl born Feb 2013

December 27th, 2009, 07:56 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the journals!!! I look forward reading about your ttc journey.

Sounds like you had a great time with your family. Bowling is so much fun.

December 27th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Stef

This morning I got another negative on OPK... sigh.. last month I got a positive on CD 14! I guess not this time but I'll try again in the afternoon. Maybe my cycles are not ready to be so regular so soon after going off BCP? In any case, I did end up BD last night and hope to again today

I'm going to be recording my dreams on here as well.. last night I had another weird one. My mom was going on vacation to Turkey and last minute I decided to go with her, only to find out she was going for a whole 6 months! I decided to go anyways and packed up. The other night I dreamt about the frogs and hippos.. I'll copy and paste that here later.

My temps went up today, by almost half a degree celcius. But it may have been because of the wine last night (I am not avoiding alcohol 100% while TTC). I can't wait to see what they do tomorrow! But with all the negative OPKs I doubt I've Od and I hope I haven't since DH and I haven't been very diligent with BD in the last week.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

Last edited by Servilia; December 27th, 2009 at 01:48 PM.
December 27th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
FINALLY! Got my positive OPK at 3:30 pm today It came up right away and the test line was much darker than the control.
Only thing is my temp spiked today, which is not supposed to happen till AFTER ovulation. So I'm afraid maybe I already Od and the OPKs yesterday were negative just because my urine was diluted - I was drinking a lot of water, tea and grapefruit juice. We'll see what happens tomorrow, but last cycle my O day was also the day with the lowest temp. However, my boobs are not sore like they usually are after O, so maybe the OPKs are correct and I have yet to O.

I'll try to get some BDing in today - shouldn't be hard, DH didn't work today and I told him I'm going to lay an egg lol So hopefully that should do it to motivate him.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

December 27th, 2009, 03:34 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Judy, I'm so excited you started a journal!! Can't wait to keep up with it. Good luck catching that eggie!

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

December 27th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so mad at DH right now! Well not mad, really, it's not his fault I guess, but just disappointed. I TOLD him I got a positive OPK but does comply with my "hints" (I'm not the subtlest person lol)? No! He's sitting playing Wii again (I swear I'm gonna throw his fave game out) and asks if he can wake me up early in the morning instead.
So what is the point of the temping and OPKs and all that if I don't get what I actually NEED to get pregnant ie his sperm? It just upsets me to know that it's the right time and we both know it and we miss a chance. I'd almost rather not know when the right time is, at least then I wouldn't get upset. In two and a half years I haven't turned him down ONCE - not even once! - and when I need him he's too tired... boooooo

Maybe it was a mistake to tell him it's that time? I don't know... maybe it makes him feel like I only want him for that so it turns him off??

Baby girl born Feb 2013

December 28th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Today my temp dipped.. so maybe O is today? I also got a positive OPK just a few minutes ago...
DH didn't bother to wake me up for BD this morning.. so thanks for nothing DH! Now he's off at work.
The last time we BDd was the night before last and since I don't have good ewcm it probably didn't do any good if I'm just ovulating today... oh well If he's not going to pull his weight I'm not going to temp or waste any more money on OPKs.
I

Baby girl born Feb 2013

December 28th, 2009, 12:20 PM
KennasMama's Avatar Loving my baby girl!
Boo! I'm sorry DH isn't being cooperative, that's a bummer. I really don't have any advice on coercion either. I would try desperately to get some tonight if you can. I've got my fingers crossed for you, wish you luck!

December 28th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Jessica - that's too funny - I posted on your journal at the EXACT same time you posted on mine!

Yeah he called and said I'll get it tonight but I feel so rejected and dejected I don't even feel like it

We'll see...I'm just afraid it will be too late. What if I already Od last night or during the morning - the eggie only lives for 24 hours and even that is pushing it.. uggh I'm so mad at him.
On the plus side my temp went down today so O day is probably today. I got another positive OPK today..

Baby girl born Feb 2013

December 28th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww I'm so sorry! It's like telling them about O spooks them!
I seriously believe the best way to get them to cooperate is to not mention it at all and just break out the lingerie/whatever he likes for about a week before O, every other day, to keep him guessing. And THEN when it's over tell him.
You probably still do have a chance if you can get him interested tonight.

December 28th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_waiting_for_baby View Post
Aww I'm so sorry! It's like telling them about O spooks them!
I seriously believe the best way to get them to cooperate is to not mention it at all and just break out the lingerie/whatever he likes for about a week before O, every other day, to keep him guessing. And THEN when it's over tell him.

Sorry your DH is being a turkey...I really hope he hurries home so y'all can try and catch that eggie.

December 28th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Lex and Stef.. it's 7:15pm and he's STILL not home.. and then when he does get home he wants to install a wall unit he built at his workshop.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

December 28th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My nipples are a little sore - that means I've O'd, probably sometime today. Just making a note of that here since now I only have basic membership on FF so I can't even enter my symptoms/signs on there anymore.

We installed the TV unit my DH made - it looks awesome! I'm so proud that he's so talented. He designs and builds all kinds of custom wood units/furniture/kitchens for a living with his small business. It's awesome he can make something so nice!

He's playing his soccer game again but I know he wants to BD tonight So I finally get lucky after all! I just hope it's not too late for the eggie!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

December 28th, 2009, 09:46 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oooh good luck!! catch eggie catch! can't wait for your bfp

some dust to help out tonight:

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

December 28th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Kat I hope we catch it

Baby girl born Feb 2013

December 29th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Your DH sounds very talented...can we see pics?

I hope y'all caught that eggie.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search