Doxie's TTC Baby #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2010, 03:02 AM
Regular
Introduction:

Myself and DH are new to TTC, we are both healthy for the most part, minus colds that come and go. I'm 23 and DH is 30, we're also an interracial couple. I'm caucasion and he is West Indian. I'm quite petite, he is tall and lean.

This is our first time ttc with a plan. We've tried the "if we get pregnant great, if we don't oh well" route, but are now anxious to get the show on the road.

Things we've done so far to give getting pregnant a helping hand is calculate my cyle the last few months as I didn't really pay to much attention to my clycle before. After calculating my cycle length we calculated when I should be ovulating. My cycle lenth is 32/33 days and JM gave me an ovulation date of Feb. 7th. However other calculators gave me Feb. 4th. So I'm a little confused when I should ovulate. I have been checking for CM that turns into the EW, not sure what to think of that yet. I can't recall ever having the EW before so I'm beginning to think I could be lacking in that department.

I haven't charted BBT yet, I have felt warmer the last few days (does that mean anything?) I normally am on the colder side. Will be getting a thermometer tomorrow to start keeping better track.

I have prenatals sitting on my counter, not sure if taking those now will further my chances of conceiving, any thoughts?

So I think that's about it, as you can tell we are in the very early stages of ttc. Any thoughts, advice, reccomendations would be much appreciated!

Hope you all have had a lovely week thus far!

~Doxie~
February 5th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to this board...my dh and I are also an interracial couple (he is white & and I am black) have you checked into Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - Fertility Charting its an awesome site that helps you track your fertility. Ne how I hope you get your sooner than later.

************************************************** ********************Oct
my nephews will be Charlie 6 & Lorenzo 6
nieces Tamara 2, Arielle 7 months Lillian 2 mos

Nov
nephews Charlie 6, Lorenzo 6
niecesTamara 2, Arielle 8 months Lillian 3 mos

Dec
nieces Tamara 2, Arielle 9 months, Lillian 4 mos

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 postsAug 17,14 400 posts
February 5th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by imoyaN View Post
Welcome to this board...my dh and I are also an interracial couple (he is white & and I am black) Ne how I hope you get your sooner than later.
Hi ImoyaN,

thank you so much for the warm welcome and for posting those links for me, I'm going to definitley check them out! Hope you and your DH are well! xx
February 5th, 2010, 04:02 PM
KennasMama's Avatar Loving my baby girl!
Welcome! I love having new journals to stalk. I am Jessica (23), DH is Nick (27). Online ovulation calculators are only based on the "norm", if there is such thing. Few women actually O right in the middle of their cycle as online predictors predict. I highly recomend using OPKs to better be aware of when you ovulate. You will get a positive OPK 'about' a day before you ovulate. A positive OPK doesn't mean that you actually ovulated though so it's also a good idea to temp ecause that will tell you after you O. Also, any doctor (and many if not all women on here) would recomend that you start your prenatals asap. They're extremely good for you and will make your body better prepared and ahead of the game for pregnancy. I hope I have been helpful instead of just rambling. Best of luck to you and your husband!!

February 6th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Regular
Hi Jessica, thank you for stopping by

Yeah I figured as much once I started reading more and more on JM. The weird thing is one site said on the 4th, one said on the 3rd, and JM said the 7th. So we are doing alot of bd to cover our bases!!

OPK's I haven't quite figured out yet. I see a lot of people on JM using them, however they have like 6 test results and are not sure if it's a positive because the line isn't as dark or darker than the is it called control line?

I'm going to the pharmacy in the morning, I'm going to have to pick a few things up!

Another question about opk's, so if you recieve a positive it doesn't mean you're ovulating, but that you will ovulate within the next day, correct? Is it possible to be ovulating and recieve a positive and then it would be too late for doing the bd?

As for temp, I have to read more on that still. DH is in bed now so I guess it's a good time to get some reading in.

On another note, how do you ladies keep your SO interested in ttc, I noticed tonight my dh was tired and not quite in the mood even despite getting him excited...
February 6th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Doxie, I'm Nikki (35) & DH is Danny (32). We are also an interracial couple! I'm actually the product of an interracial marriage myself!

We're on our 11th cycle & 2nd round of Clomid TTC our first. I have been charting my temps the entire time and using OPKs for a fair bit of that time as well. I actually host the board on Fertility Charting with another girl. If you decide to temp, you should come on by sometime.

Best of Luck & Baby

February 6th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Regular
Hi Nikki!

I'm going to start temping next cylce if rolling in the didn't work this month, I'll stop by for sure. I was looking in fertility charting yesterday but couldn't find much on temping, maybe I was in the wrong part of the forum. Do you know where I can find temp ranges pre Ovulation, While Ovulating, after Ovulating pg/notpg. Knowing what the different temps mean would help alot!!

As for my day it's been going ok, this morning I woke hubby up real early (6am) hehe... to bd. I couldn't sleep not having bd before bed, once I got more involved in ttc it's like if you haven't bd you get tense and anxious because you don't want to miss that egg! lol.. one month in and i'm already obsessed!

Notes of interest, I was getting dressed thismorning and all of a sudden felt very sick. Dry heaved twice and then I was fine. Came and went very quickly. Fingers crossed that's a growing bean sign!

Cm was more creamy today, I know that it's supposed to be ewcm to conceive. According to JM I'm supposed to O on the 7th (tomorrow) but I think I O'd earlier than the 7th, maybe between the 2 and 4th because my cm went from slippery but not ew consistency to creamy and not slippery. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on that to see if it changes within the next few days.

Question for you guys in Ontario Canada, have you been able to find preseed in stores or just online?
February 6th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Regular
Ok ladies so here is my ovulation calender, I'm on CD18.
Ovulation calendar

I do believe I O'd earlier than the predicted date. A few days ago I could barely touch my cervix, was really high, just checked it again and it's very low. Which I read happens after you O. We will def be doing the bd tonight just in case I do O tomorrow though. I hope I O'd earlier so I can test earlier lol.. I know I'm going to be a crazy poas'er! Ah well, Wish us luck!!

Last edited by Doxie; February 6th, 2010 at 04:05 PM.
February 6th, 2010, 05:37 PM
KennasMama's Avatar Loving my baby girl!
With OPKs the test line must be as dark if not darker than the control ine or it's not a positive. Even if it's realy close to as dark as the control line it's still not positive. And yes, a positive OPK means you should O anywhere in the next 24-48 hours. OPKs predict a surge in LH wich is leutinizing hormone. The surge in LH is what causes your egg to pop out of the follicle and thus be released. Because of that I am pretty sure you shouldn't get a positive after you have Oed, but I'm no expert. It is possible to have a surge (and get a positive OPK) and to not actually O though.
I had trouble using OPKs my first month. After many tries in the last 2 months I have learned that I test really well in the late afternoon and evening. All of my morning tests barely show up in the test line, even the day before I O when it should be positive. But it will be positive in the late afternoon and evening. They take some getting used to.

February 6th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Jessi pretty much covered it all and I'd like to add that you're not supposed to do OPKs first thing in the morning b/c the LH doesn't get into your urine until later on during the day. 10am-8pm is the best time for OPKs. And if you have a short surge you might have to use one twice a day to catch the surge. Mine usually lasts for 2 days though so I usually test once a day only, starting about 4 days before my expected ovulation.
I responded to your PM.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

February 7th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Regular
Thanks for the information girls! Very helpful, I will be using them next cycle for sure if I get bfn this cycle.

Jess- Congrats girly!!!

Servilia, hang in there, I know it's disappointing but it's still early!!

Update on me today-

Had a long night taking care of Hubby, didn't get to bed until 9am this morning. I think he may have had food poisoning
He was throwing up for 5 hrs during the night, was hot to touch but felt cold and was sweaty. Ahh what a night! Why is it that when men get sick they become the biggest babies ever? I don't mind taking care of him at all, but it's like when they get sick the world stops lol

Anyways, so I've been pretty tired today, needless to say! Also been bloated and constipated, wonder if its the prenatals ? I'm normally on quite the opposite end of the spectrum. I have IBS, which creates poopy problems.. I think I'm also getting sick, been quite stuffy and have a slight scratch in my throat the last few days, been taking sinutab but it doesn't seem to help too much. Alright, enough complaining on my part lol...

So how many of your DH's are screaming at the tv watching the superbowl?
February 7th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Doxie! You can call me Judy

Sorry to hear about DH. I hope he's feeling better

About your temp question - it's not the absolute temperature that matters - each person has a different pre-set range of temps of their own. What matters is how YOUR temps change over the course of the cycle. During AF they tend to be low or maybe erratic. Then pre-O they tend to stay down there, until ovulation. The day after ovulation happens, your temp goes up and a sustained thermal shift (temps staying higher than pre-O) can confirm ovulation. I hope that makes sense. When I signed up with fertility friend they sent me lessons in my email and that halped to learn a lot even before I started temping. Good luck hon!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

February 7th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Regular
Thanks Judy, I'm Claira just in case I haven't announced that yet!

Oh ok, when you O your temps go high, I did feel very warm for a few days during my fertile window maybe that explains it. As for fertility friend, I found it very confusing, at least the charts. I was like I have no idea what all this means! I have started to recieve the lessons, I'm sure they will help too

Thanks, Hubby is feeling a little better, finished puking at least, but holy hungry hungry hippo! I've never seen him eat so much! Glad he's eating though, so long as it doesn't come back up! YUCK!
February 7th, 2010, 04:13 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to journals!!! Im Stefanie

You will love FF once you get the hang of it...the lessons are very helpful.

Sorry to hear about your DH...Im glad he's feeling better in time for the game.

I look forward getting to know ya and reading your journal.

February 7th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Regular
Thanks Stephanie,

hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Oh and thank you ladies of Jm for the Siggy help!

Claira xx

February 7th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yea love your siggy

************************************************** ********************Oct
my nephews will be Charlie 6 & Lorenzo 6
nieces Tamara 2, Arielle 7 months Lillian 2 mos

Nov
niecesTamara 2, Arielle 8 months Lillian 3 mos

Dec
nieces Tamara 2, Arielle 9 months, Lillian 4 mos

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 postsAug 17,14 400 posts
February 8th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Regular
Thanks Nayomi

So today my dh said the funniest thing while I was getting dressed "Woa your nipples look like mushroom caps!" I was like what!? Then went to the mirror and was like omg they're so puffy! It's the aerolas that are puffy and the nipples are at attention all the time. No matter how warm I make myself they wont go down.

Also my right breast is sore and fuller, my left breast is not sore and not as full as my right breast.. Kind of odd, thank goodness not to the point that it's noticeable through clothes. Being only a 34 A you notice when your boobs get bigger lol.. I'm so hoping that these are pg signs! Otherwise af is playing a nasty trick on me this month.

Other news,

hung out with my dogs all day today, love them to peices! They know how to make you feel so loved and happy Also dh is feeling much better, yay! Myself, still have this dang stuffy nose and am back to being constipated... Can't wait to see what tomorrow has instore! Night night girls!

February 9th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Regular
Goodmorning girls!!! It's 5 am and guess who's still awake... yep me!!! So tired but haven't been able to fall asleep...

Hope the rest of you are staying nice and warm tucked into bed!! xx

February 9th, 2010, 02:50 AM
Regular
Found an interesting website for you girls to check out!!

Beautiful Cervix Project

Enjoy!

February 9th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Regular
Well today I did eventually fall asleep, around 9am thismorning, thankfully I'm off of work until Thursday! Had a full 8 hrs sleep but woke up feeling sooo tired and sick. My nose is so stuffed and then it gets runny after I take a sinutab. Can't win lol. Also had very mild cramps on my left side and a bad headache, af isn't due until Feb 21st, so long to wait to be late! Do I have any cycle buddies? Anyones af due 20-22?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search