Saira's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2010, 11:52 AM
ndsai05's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone! I'm Saira, and I am new to JM. My DH and I are both 26, and we've been married for 2.5 years. Last January we decided that we were ready for a baby, but DH was in a fellowship position that was only for 1 year, so we decided to wait until he had a permanent position and we could buy a house before we would start trying.

In June he was offered a permanent position! So we planned one last hurrah for ourselves: a trip to Italy. We always said we wanted to go there before having kids, so we planned it for October. I didn't want to have morning sickness on the trip, so we decided that we would start TTC as soon as we got back. In September we bought our first house, we went on our trip the next month, and started trying!

First two cycles of TTC I was tracking my CM, but we didn't BD every day that we should have for extenuating circumstances (family visits and such). Third cycle was in December, and I felt good about it. AF was due on Christmas day, and about 4 days before I had some light spotting. I usually spot for 2-3 days before AF so that's what I thought it was, but then it stopped! After two days of no spotting, I had such high hopes that it was implantation bleeding and that I was PG, but on Christmas AF came, not a very nice present! Makes me wonder if I actually had conceived, but it just didn't "stick"...

Cycle 4 I started using OPKs, but my goodness those are hard to read! Thought I saw a positive, but couldn't be sure. This cycle I used a digital OPK. I was very sick with a bad cold that turned into bronchitis, so I was sure that that would mess me up. I was so surprised when I had a positive OPK on Feb. 3rd! Also had my yearly OB appt. that day. I have a history of hypothyroidism, but I am on medication and its under control. I also have a history of low progesterone... not low all the time, but it decreases a day or two before it should, which is what causes me to spot before AF comes. I have been taking Prometrium during my luteal phase for that. My DR decided to check my progesterone level on CD 21 this cycle, off my meds, to make sure that I am ovulating. Well with my positive OPK, and the fact that I had some O pain on the 4th, I am very excited about this cycle!

I am 5 DPO today, CD 20. Going in tomorrow for my bloodwork, which will hopefully tell me that I O'd for sure! I've been having some very light cramping/twinges the past couple days. Also a bit of lower back pain along with it. I don't want to get my hopes up, but I still feel like this has been our best cycle yet! Even though we're only on cycle 5, it feels like so much longer because we've been wanting this for over a year. I'm trying not to stress, but I can't wait to POAS!
February 9th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar ***Only 1 wish***
welcome to J.M. Ttc 1st...hope you get a right away

Dec
nephews Charlie 6, Lorenzo 6
nieces Tamara 2, Arielle 9 months, Lillian 4 mos
Jan Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 2, Arielle 10 months Lillian 5 months.Feb Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara2,Arielle 11months Lillian 6 months
March Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 2 Arielle 1 ys old Lillian 7 mos
April Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 3,Arielle 1ys Lillian 8 mos
May Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 3 Arielle 1ys Lillian 9 mos
June my daughter turns 3,Charlie 6 lorenzo 6 Tamara3 Arielle 1 Lillian 10mos
July Charlie 6 lorenzo 6 Tamara 3 Arielle 1 Lillian 11 months
Aug Charlie 6 lorenzo 6 tamara 3 arielle 1ys old Lillian 1
Sept Charlie 7 Lorenzo 7 tamara 3 arielle 1ys Lillian 1ys

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 postsAug 17,14 400 posts
February 9th, 2010, 02:37 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to JM!! Hopefully this is your lucky cycle!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 41 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- August 2014: All but 7 cycles on BCP due to endometriosis.

IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever. EDD 8/18/15

February 9th, 2010, 02:50 PM
JessMitch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi welcome to the journals! I'm Jess,25 also trying to conceive my first! It does seem
so much longer than it really is doesn't it!? Sooo annoying! Well I hope you are in and out of here very quickly!!

February 9th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Saira! I'm Judy (30) and this is my 4th cycle TTC. I hope your bloodwork comes back fantastic!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

February 9th, 2010, 04:56 PM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi I'm Chrissy and this is my 15th cycle. Hope your stay here is short and sweet!
February 9th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Thanks everyone!
February 9th, 2010, 05:53 PM
dansyl's Avatar Missing my angel baby!
Welcome! I'm Kara (24) and DH is Derek (29 this month). I hope your stay here is short and sweet!

Thank you jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Adopting our miracle baby due Sept 2014!!!
February 9th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Regular
Hi Saira,

goodluck on your 5th cycle, fingers crossed this is it for you!!

February 10th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Thanks Kara and Doxie! Nice to meet you!

So, I went to have my blood drawn for my progesterone level today. I got to have lunch with my hubby since he works at the hospital, so that was a nice treat. It's lucky that I am totally ok with needles though, cuz my nurse took 4 tries to find a vein! Ouch! My husband is totally afraid of needles so he's gonna flip when he hears this story.

I get my results by Friday, and I am 99% sure I ovulated this cycle so I'm hopeful my progesterone level backs me up! 6 DPO today and I can't wait to test. My sister is coming to visit next week, so that will be a nice distraction. GL to everyone who's in the 2ww like me!
February 10th, 2010, 01:49 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Saira! Im Ashley (23) and my DH is Jason (24) you can read my journal for my story if you want, short story is weve had 4 early miscarriages and finally got a diagnosis in January, and now we are TTC a healthy baby finally! After a year of trying, losses, breaks, a wedding...etc.

Good Luck!!! I hope you get good news from your blood draw, and this is your lucky cycle!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

February 10th, 2010, 03:34 PM
chrisam143's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi Saira,

Welcome to TTC#1! I am Christine (28) and I just received my BFP at 10DPO, on Sunday. It was my 4th cycle off BCPs.

I hope this cycle is it for you and that your stay is short! Keep us posted on your bloodwork.

Love my beautiful siggy from Chelsea (GraysMama)!
February 10th, 2010, 05:17 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Saira!! Im Kimberly (28) and DH is Brian(30). Welcome to JM! I hope you get a BFP very soon! Are you going to test early or wait to see if AF shows?

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
February 10th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Congrats Christine!!! I hope to be joining you in the October DDC!

Hi Kimberly! Well, the past 4 cycles I started testing 10DPO, and all the negatives really stressed me out, so this cycle I am going to try my hardest to wait until AF is due. I normally start spotting a couple days beforehand, so if I don't spot or have some strong symptoms or something I might test on 12 or 13DPO. We'll see if I can hold out!
February 10th, 2010, 06:51 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to journals! Im Stefanie I look forward reading your journal and getting to know ya. I hope your stay is short and sweet

February 10th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Hi Stefanie! Ooooh you're from TX? My DH is from Fort Worth!
February 12th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Alright, my bloodwork came back this morning and ladies, I need some help! I'm sorry this is going to be long...

A little background on the situation: I was diagnosed with low progesterone about 2 years ago. I had a short LP, so they checked my levels on 7DPO(normal), 10DPO(normal), and 12DPO(low). I've been taking 200mg Prometrium orally from 3DPO through 12DPO ever since. I am also hypothyroid, and have been on synthroid for that for about 3 years. I've been doing the Creighton method of NFP for 3 years, which is checking cervical mucous, first as a method to avoid and now for 5 cycles TTC.

Last cycle I spoke with my NFP nurse and she noticed I still start spotting at around 11 or 12 DPO. She suggested I take the Prometrium vaginally because it gets absorbed better that way. We tested my level on 7DPO to see if that was helping, and my level was 10.1- my nurse said that anything above 10 is what they consider ovulatory. Well I had my yearly checkup and my DR wondered if the 10.1 was just the Prometrium in my system, so we checked my levels two days ago with me off my meds.

My level was 7.5, and my nurse said that some people consider anything above 5 to be ovulatory, but that in their office they like to see it above 10. I had a + OPK on CD14, and on CD15 I had really good CM and ovulation pain, so I am fairly certain that I O'd. I was hoping for a definite answer with my bloodwork, but its not definite! So frustrating. Has anyone had issues like this? Do you think I ovulated?

I talked to my Mom about it, she was a nurse for a long time. She said that I should take it as a good sign, because now I know that of that 10.1 level I had last cycle, 75% of it was me, and 25% was the Prometrium. At least my body is doing something! I am 8DPO today, and I am having PMS type cramps. I missed three doses of Prometrium before my bloodwork, so this could be AF coming sooner because of that, or it could be implantation. I really didn't want to test early this cycle, but my mom has convinced me to, because she said with my issues I want to know ASAP so that I can have bloodwork done and get on the right dose of progesterone and increase my thyroid meds, so I can prevent a possible m/c.
I have some Answer early tests so I'm going to do one today, I know it will be negative but I guess it doesn't hurt.

Sorry this was so long ladies. My mom says I'm overthinking it and I agree. I'm getting all worked up and thats not good. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Hope everyone's having a good day out there!

Thank you Meganpixel for my perfect siggy!

February 12th, 2010, 03:31 PM
I tested this afternoon even though I knew it would be negative, and it was. Oh well. I'll test again on Sunday, at 10DPO. Next cycle I think I'm going to request an estradiol test, to see how my follicle is developing. I have accepted the fact that I may need Clomid, and that's ok. I just want to know already! I hate that I have to wait to find out.

We don't really have big V-Day plans, going out tonight for dinner and thats about it. I hate going to restaurants on V-Day cuz they are SO crowded! My family sent me roses, they are so cute! And my sister is coming to visit me next Tuesday, so I'm excited about that. Have a great weekend everyone! And GL to everyone testing this weekend! Baby dust to all!

Thank you Meganpixel for my perfect siggy!

February 12th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Hey Saira- just read your journal and I hope everything works out. I really don't have any experience with low progesterone levels-- although I fear I have low levels ( I overthink too). It sounds like you ovulated and I really hope you did. Praying for your BFP this cycle :-)
February 12th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Saira.
Sorry, I don't know anything about progesterone levels but I hope things work themselves out and you get a BFP soon...
Maybe temping will help to see if you O?

Baby girl born Feb 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search