Nicole's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Nicole I hope that's implantation spotting and not Baby

Baby girl born Feb 2013

February 27th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Send a message via AIM to NicoleLuvsBob
Short update: AF is here to stay. It's definately not just spotting. So, I think I'm going to order myself an OPK and give that a try this month. It would be interesting to see how those things work anyway. Maybe I'll try temping too. Do you guys normally temp right when you wake up? Is it really very accurate that way? It seems like some morning I will wake up sweating (because of so many blankets) and other mornings I don't. So it seems that my temp would fluctuate anyway. hmm...
Also, do you think there are any brands of OPKs that are more accurate than others? I was thinking about getting mine from early-pregnancy-tests.com because it's only $35 for 50 OPK test strips and 15 pregnancy test strips. That's really cheap! But are they any good is the question?
February 27th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nicole - First, sorry about AF... uggh I hate when she shows - doesn't she know she's not welcome??

About temping - yes you MUST take your temp first thing when you wake. No getting out of bed, no rolling around.. keep the BBT thermometer (digi is best) right by your bed. The first thing I do when I wake up, sometimes before I even open my eyes is reach over and stick it in!
Make sure it's at the same time every morning, even on the weekends. What I do is I set my alarm for temp taking time (6:30 for me), take it and go back to sleep. Also, it is ideal if you get at least 3-4 hours of uninterrupted sleep before taking your temp.

So I guess the first step, if you want to temp, is to go out and get a digital basal body temperature thermometer. Preferable one that has a memory function in case you fall back asleep after taking the temp.
A great site for charting is fertilityfriend.com. When you sign up they will send you charting lessons to your email which are really helpful and teach you everything you need to know!!

You can start temping right away or at the end of AF

Also there is a fertility charting board on here with lots of info

Re OPKs - I haven't ordered from online yet but I might if this cycle is a bust. I really like Clearblue Easy brand. They have the line tests and the digital tests. I stay away from FRER OPKs because they will give me positives every single time I take them!

Good luck hon!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

February 28th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Send a message via AIM to NicoleLuvsBob
Hey, thanks for all the temping info Servilia... you're amazing!

Also update: So AF came two days early and only lasted 3 days (it's usually closer to five cause I must be cursed or something... lol).
So, I woke up this morning and I kept having dreams that I was pregnant even though AF came. I had a dream that I took a pregnancy test and it was positve and then I took another one just to make sure and it was positive too. So I wanted to run to the doctor and get them to check by drawing blood so I could be even more sure but I couldn't find any doctors who were in their office at the time, so I was running around trying to find someone to check my blood. lmao. Dreams are so weird. **shrug**

So, my husband and I are thinking we are gonna take it easy this month. If I get pregnant in March the due date will be in December. Not only would December make a kid's birthday no fun (cause it's so close to Christmas), but my husband mentioned that if I have the baby after the new year he can switch his health insurance over to a better plan. So if we get pregnant, that will be fine too, but we aren't going to try overly hard to succeed. Of course, everyone tells me I will get pregnant when I stop trying... lol. Oh well, whatever happens happens.
February 28th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
So.. does that mean no OPK's- LOL. I really wouldn't know what to do without them. I personally use the digi's. I didn't use any at first, then I used the cheaper ones and never could figure out when my surge was. Finally I switched to the digis so there is no guessing.

Hope you have an easier time with the temping then I do. I tend to wake a lot in the morning so my temping hasn't been consistent. This is my first really cycle of doing it and I really just am waiting to see what happens. Best of luck to you with it.

Hope you get your BFP whenever the time is right.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search