Nicole's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2010, 12:46 PM
Send a message via AIM to NicoleLuvsBob
I'm pretty new to all of this (meaning both JM and TTC), so I guess I'll just start out with some information about myself? ...
Hi! My name is Nicole and I'm TTC my very first child. I'm so excited to finally be at this stage in my life. So a little background info:
  • I am 26 years old and I live in the middle of Michigan. The love of my life is 34 years old.
  • My husband and I met in 2003 when I joined Taekwondo. I started a little bit into a session so this handsome man took me off to the side for a couple of days and helped me to catch up with the rest of the class. That handsome man and I hit it off right away and we lived together for nearly 6 years before getting married in 2008.
  • My husband has a daughter from a past relationship. She lives with her mom and comes over to visit us often. She is going to be 15 years old soon! She is a great kid and I hope that my child turns out to be just as wonderful.
  • I am currently working as a Social Worker in a nursing home. I just recently moved to this position after being a CNA in the same nursing home for about 4 years. I enjoy my job quite a bit.
  • In addition to working full time, I am also a part time graduate student. I have completed my Bachelor degree in Psychology and I am now pursuing my Masters degree in Business Administration (MBA).

I suppose that covers the basics... Now onto my TTC adventures so far? ...
  • I discontinued the use of the Nuva Ring on 12-8-09
  • Within a couple of days I went to the doctor and got a prenatal vitamin prescription. My doctor and I decided to discontinue my daily migraine prevention medicine as well.
  • On 12-11-09 I had my first period off from birth control (probably wouldn't consider this a regular one though)
  • I had my first period that I would consider to be regular on 1-6-10
  • 2-1-10 - Another period. Not pregnant yet.
  • I wouldn't say my husband and I have tried very hard to get pregnant until this month. I calculated that my next period should be about the 27th of February. If it arrives, we will of course keep trying, but if not I will be SO EXCITED! hehe
  • My husband and I have also begun to casually look at houses to buy. We are just keeping our eye out for now. No big hurry, but we are excited to have a bigger home to raise a child in.

I am very new to everything associated with having a baby. I haven't even been around many other people who were pregnant or trying. I haven't been around many infants or toddlers in my life either. So, I have a lot to learn. I have read a lot of the articles on JM and they seem to hold some very good information. I'm just taking this one step at a time and learning more and more as I go. It looks like there are a lot of abbreviations and acronyms I'll have to learn if I'm going to fit into the JM cowd too! haha. I'll get there.

It is very exciting to be moving into these next stages of our lives. Believe it or not, I think my mom may be even more excited than I am. She's been asking me when she is going to get a grandbaby for years now. She can't wait to spoil my child, and I'm very willing to let her! haha

I can't wait to meet everyone! Thanks for listening to my rambles!
<3 Nicole

Last edited by NicoleLuvsBob; February 21st, 2010 at 03:29 PM.
February 21st, 2010, 12:58 PM
JessMitch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Nicole welcome to JM! I'm Jess (25) and DH is Ben (26) and we are also trying to conceive our first. Not as easy as you thought it would be huh? Don't get too frustrated... it takes awhile even though we'd like it to happen on our first shot! What are you doing to TTC? temping, opks'....?

Hope your stay is short and sweet!

February 21st, 2010, 01:06 PM
BabyBee13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nicole it is great to meet you hun!..I'm Kelly and pretty new to this board..i just began charting with temping this cycle..are you familiar with fertility charting? you track your cervical mucous, cervical position and can also use a basal body thermometer to pinpoint your ovulation date..i have found it really helpful so far..and if you decide it is something you would like to try i could certainly help you out..the girls here are wonderful..i am looking forward to getting to know you better..

February 21st, 2010, 01:08 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Nicole & welcome!

I'm Lex, I'm 22 and live in France and we've been actively TTC since August. I hope you have a short & sweet stay here

February 21st, 2010, 01:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Nicole and welcome!!
I'm Judy (30) and DH is also 30. We've been married since late October '09 and have been TTC since then. That's also when I went off the pill
I got right into temping and OPKs and all that stuff because I wanted to check if all was ok after being on the pill so long.

Anyways, welcome and I'm sure you'll love it here! Good luck!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

February 21st, 2010, 03:05 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome to J.M. and this board...I hope your stay is short and sweet. I am Nayomi and my dh's name is Chandler we are Not Trying Not Preventing....I have made Ttc First my home anyway

Thanks Jaidynsmums for my siggy

My 3rd Niece Lillian Nicole- Due 9/8/14

Nephews Lorenzo,Charlie both 5
Nieces Tamara 2years old , Arielle 4 month oldNiece Lillian due to be here around 9/8/14

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 posts
February 21st, 2010, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessMitch View Post
Hey Nicole welcome to JM! I'm Jess (25) and DH is Ben (26) and we are also trying to conceive our first. Not as easy as you thought it would be huh? Don't get too frustrated... it takes awhile even though we'd like it to happen on our first shot! What are you doing to TTC? temping, opks'....?

Hope your stay is short and sweet!
I have not tried temping or opks' yet. I have checked out the ovulation calendar here on JM though. I am fairly certain that I would never remember to take my temp every day. haha. I have considered using an opk though. I was thinking if I do not become pregnant this month I will start using an opk after my period. I found some combination kits with both pregnancy tests and opks on the Early Pregnancy Tests website that seem to be very reasonable in price. Are these any good, do you know? It would be amazing if my period just didn't come, then I won't have to worry about that.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
~~Nicole~~

Hello Nayomi, Judy, Lex, Kelly, and Jess!! It is nice to meet all of you. I wish you all good luck on your baby endeavors as well!

~~Nicole~~
February 21st, 2010, 04:03 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Hi Nicole and welcome!!

I am pretty new here myself. However not new in the TTC world. I've been trying to conceive since my honeymoon in 11/08.

I also hope your stay here is short and sweet, but if it ends up being longer-- I look forward to getting to know you.
February 21st, 2010, 04:33 PM
Well, I am hoping that my stay in the TTC Journals will be short and sweet, but I don't think I'll be leaving JM anytime soon. There is so much to offer here. I'm sure I'll be around in the pregnancy areas, and then the infant mom areas, and then the toddler areas... I'll be around.

Hockey - I'm sorry to here you have been TTC for so long. Have you seen the doctor to see what's going on? I wish you all the hope and luck in the world!

~~Nicole~~
February 21st, 2010, 05:19 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Nicole! Im Kimberly (28) and DH is Brian (30).

Hope you get your BFP right away! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
February 23rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
About 5 days to go before nature lets me know whether or not I succeeded in getting pregnant this month!! My period should start on the 27th. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it doesn't arrive!

A co-worker brought in her first ultrasound picture today and posted it up in her cubicle... it's so cool! You can see the little head, and it's tail... she's got a little tadpole!

I want one!!!
February 23rd, 2010, 05:04 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
its nice to see you update your journal

Thanks Jaidynsmums for my siggy

My 3rd Niece Lillian Nicole- Due 9/8/14

Nephews Lorenzo,Charlie both 5
Nieces Tamara 2years old , Arielle 4 month oldNiece Lillian due to be here around 9/8/14

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 posts
February 23rd, 2010, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imoyaN View Post
its nice to see you update your journal
Haha. Well, I am going to try. I can't promise I will update it super often because my life is sort of crazy with a full time job and graduate school on top of that. But I have been baby obsessed lately so I kind of want to keep in contact with others who know what I'm going through!

To be honest, I've been spending way more time on JM than I should... I will hop on here instead of finishing assignments for class.

Thanks for the replies!
**hugs for all**
February 23rd, 2010, 08:53 PM
ndsai05's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I'm Saira (26) and DH is Becket (26), and we are on our 6th cycle trying to conceive our first. I'm pretty new on here too. This is such a great, supportive group on here! I hope your stay is short and sweet!

Thank you Meganpixel for my perfect siggy!

February 24th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndsai05 View Post
Hi! I'm Saira (26) and DH is Becket (26), and we are on our 6th cycle trying to conceive our first. I'm pretty new on here too. This is such a great, supportive group on here! I hope your stay is short and sweet!
Hi Saira! It's nice to meet you. I wish you all the luck in the world and I hope your stay is short and sweet too!

And an update to everyone: I lost all self control today and went out and bought some e.p.t. tests. They say they work up to 5 days before your period. I did one today and it was negative. So it looks like dear AF is on it's way (in about 3 more days). I guess I'm just going to have to try extra hard next month DH isn't getting a day off this round (I don't think he'll mind)... we're getting prego dang it! haha. As soon as AF comes I am going to order an OPK too.

I do have a question... say I get an OPK and figure out where my ovulation is during my next cycle and say for some reason I don't become pregnant that month and don't want to buy another OPK for the following month... is your ovulation pretty regular each cycle? So say if it falls on the 12th day, will it be around the 12th day each time? Or does it change around? Seems like it would be pretty regular... hmm...
February 24th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HI Nicole!

I'd say you still have a good chance for this cycle - since you have 3 more days until AF is due!! baby

My ovulation is not exactly on the same day but pretty close - first cycle of temping it was CD15, then 16, then 17... you can check people's charts and see how they vary. For people with fairly regular cycles I'd say their O usually happens around the same time, give or take a day or two. But in my case I still use OPKs every cycle - to each their own though

Good luck!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

February 25th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
I agree with Judy- mine is very close but I use them every single month too. However you are not out of it yet!!! Lots of for that BFP!!!
February 25th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Well, AF was supposed to arrive on the 27th... it is now the 25th and it seems she has arrived early. Of course, there is the desperate voice in the back of my head that says I may still have a chance because I have only spotted a little bit today. So, not only is it two days early, but I am only spotting... and the normal routine is usually when AF arrives... boy does she arrive! haha So we'll see what happens. I know that when some people get pregnant they sometimes spot. Hopefully spot doesn't turn into flo. lol.

I'll let you know tomorrow.
February 25th, 2010, 02:55 PM
ndsai05's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope the stays away!!!

Thank you Meganpixel for my perfect siggy!

February 25th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndsai05 View Post
I hope the stays away!!!
Lol. Random I know, but that comment and the smiley: totally just reminded me of the movie "The Proposal" when the whole office sent messages to each other saying "the witch is on her broom". hehe. Made me laugh at least.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search