Sarah's TTC#1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sarah... I think I have read the reason they usually get multiple samples is in case the first one was an anomaly... affected by stress or illness or something like that.
I can understand why he would want to wait to see if the vits helped.. they might take some time to do their work, and I'm sure he wants to see better results next time.. He sounds like a sweetie

it kind of makes sense why the dr. would want to do the HSG first.. like if they're blocked, then ovulation will really be of no use if the spermies can't get to the egg, KWIM? I hope it comes back very clear.. and even if there's a little blockage, I have heard the HSG can clear it out.

Ok I won't hide it in you journal - but at this point there's not much to see - I haven't made a preggo ticker and still have the chart ticker

Baby girl born Feb 2013

March 12th, 2010, 06:43 PM
SarieP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That makes sense to me too, I hope the HSG is clear and then I can be a little extra fertile for a little bit.

March 13th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what Judy said! My doc said anything can effect the sample, stress, fatigue, dehydration, just the fact that you're splooshing in a cup isn't a huge turn on! I agree on waiting, might as well see what your HSG shows, because if you're blocked his sample doesn't really matter right now. If you're good to go, then you're right, a few extra weeks of taking his vitamins may help!

My OB mentioned an HSG but I think that will be the next step if we go 2 Clomid cycles without getting pg. He didn't suspect any problems after asking me a few questions about pain during AF, sex etc. but I'm suspecting that will be the next step before IUI. Hope it goes well for you!! I've heard so many women get pg their first cycle after HSG because it just cleans things out!

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 13th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
I'm glad to see you started a journal too! I'm just getting into looking at people's journals and such so I'm curious to watch you progress! Good luck!

TTC #1 for five years
Battling PCOS and Male Factor Infertility
March 13th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammyms View Post
what Judy said! My doc said anything can effect the sample, stress, fatigue, dehydration, just the fact that you're splooshing in a cup isn't a huge turn on! I agree on waiting, might as well see what your HSG shows, because if you're blocked his sample doesn't really matter right now. If you're good to go, then you're right, a few extra weeks of taking his vitamins may help!

My OB mentioned an HSG but I think that will be the next step if we go 2 Clomid cycles without getting pg. He didn't suspect any problems after asking me a few questions about pain during AF, sex etc. but I'm suspecting that will be the next step before IUI. Hope it goes well for you!! I've heard so many women get pg their first cycle after HSG because it just cleans things out!
That's what I told him but he wants to wait anyway because it won't change our game plan
I sure hope it works that way for me....the only thing is....I actually have to O on my own and that is a hard task on it's own!! LOL

March 14th, 2010, 08:28 AM
So still no O for me I thought maybe since I made other plans my body would be like "oops hang on a min!" Oh well, I'll start my provera tomorrow and hopefully this cycle will only be 40 something days. I am excited to have my HSG done but a little nervous. I'm afraid it's going to hurt really bad! Oh and my DH can't come in with me so I'll be all alone

Anyway, so I'm guesstimating that since today is the 14th...maybe AF will start by the 26-27th? and then my HSG appt will be in the first week of April. I estimate that I will start Clomid in May...BUMMER!

March 14th, 2010, 09:45 AM
dansyl's Avatar Missing my angel baby!
When do you have your HSG??? Here's some O dust, honey!!!

Thank you jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Adopting our miracle baby due Sept 2014!!!
March 14th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Thanks Kara Well I have to call and make my appt the first day of AF and then it has to be done btw CD 5-14 so I'm guessing the first or second week of April...

March 14th, 2010, 04:18 PM
JuiceF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Sarah, just wanted to pop in and say hi! yay for starting a journal! I am about to do the same..

I hope you O really soon!!! here is some O coming your way!!!!
March 14th, 2010, 04:57 PM
ndsai05's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Sarah! I just wanted to come by and introduce myself... I'm Saira (it rhymes with Tyra, but people call me Sarah all the time!), DH is Becket, and we've been trying since October 2009, we're on our 6th cycle now. DH just had a SA done and his morphology was low, so he's on vitamins too. I saw that you're waiting to have another SA done, our doctor said it takes 3-4 months for the vitamins to have an effect, so that makes perfect sense! I hope everything with your HSG goes well, and I hope you get that BFP very soon!

Thank you Meganpixel for my perfect siggy!

March 14th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceF View Post
Hey Sarah, just wanted to pop in and say hi! yay for starting a journal! I am about to do the same..

I hope you O really soon!!! here is some O coming your way!!!!
Thanks girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndsai05 View Post
Hi Sarah! I just wanted to come by and introduce myself... I'm Saira (it rhymes with Tyra, but people call me Sarah all the time!), DH is Becket, and we've been trying since October 2009, we're on our 6th cycle now. DH just had a SA done and his morphology was low, so he's on vitamins too. I saw that you're waiting to have another SA done, our doctor said it takes 3-4 months for the vitamins to have an effect, so that makes perfect sense! I hope everything with your HSG goes well, and I hope you get that BFP very soon!
LOL I pronounced it "sarah" too until I read further! Wow, so just about the same as us as far as TTC

March 15th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Monday: Got my blood drawn this morning...gotta wait for 1 or 2 this afternoon for results...

Put in my prescription for Provera and my prescription for the antibiotics for the HSG. I have to take 10mg of provera for 7 days....hopefully AF comes sooner rather than later

March 15th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
I hope you get AF soon too so you can get started with all this!

TTC #1 for five years
Battling PCOS and Male Factor Infertility
March 15th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sarah.. I hope AF comes and goes quickly so you can get on with the process!! ps we miss you on the Newlyweds board!!
March 15th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Got my results back...SURPRISE...I'm not pregnant! DUH!

Taking provera in the morning....

March 15th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Awwwww!!!!
It's ok.... fresh start this cycle!
March 15th, 2010, 06:11 PM
That's how I'm looking at it Justyna!

March 15th, 2010, 06:36 PM

need that positive attitude to rub off on me!!!
hope you have a great rest of the week!!!! and keep smiling!!!
March 16th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Today is day 1 of provera. I really don't think we could possibly have any more bad luck then we have these past 7 months so I'm HOPING that AF doesn't take a long time to get here!

As I just took the pill about 10 minutes ago....no SE yet! LOL

March 17th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Ugh, can I just say "nausea"? I felt sooo sick last night and this morning. This provera sucks! Well today is day 2....

Oh yea, does provera make your temp go up? I had qute a jump today.....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search