Sarah's TTC#1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2010, 11:29 AM
SarieP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies

So I figured I would start a journal along with you all! I had my own little journal I was keeping at home but it's becoming a pain and I don't need things in a million different places PLUS I get to keep in touch with all you wonderful gals

So most of you know about me and my DH and our story but I'll recap.....We have been TTC#1 since Sept 2009. My first cycle was 50 days long (called the doctor in the middle of this one but she said it was normal to be irregular when I came off BCP), then my second cycle was 38 days (I thought Whoo Hoo, back to normal-WRONGO!). So by this time we are almost in a new year and not pregnant yet so I started getting frustrated. Anywho, my next cycle went on and on so I finally got my GYN again and made an appt. She pretty much blew me off and said it was "normal" and to come back in a month or two if I still didn't get AF. Needless to say I was PISSED. I called back up there and made a fuss about it so they gave me an appt with the OB.

Went to see the OB and she wanted to do some bloodwork and suggested DH get a SA done. Did all that. My bloodwork came back with my FSH and LH ratio increased (sign of PCOS) so she wanted a second test done to test my insulin resistance. Did that...meanwhile DH did the SA. Sooo I went back to get the results of the second bloodwork and DH results were back. They were bad His sperm count is 9.8 million, he has 29% motility, and 3% morphology. Normal results are a sperm count of over 20 milllion, motility over 50% and morphology over 5%. So low in all cases.

We were absolutely crushed. While all this was going on we also found out that "friends" of ours were pregnant....they have only been together a year, got married real quick when they found out we were getting married, fight ALL the time, and have no money! Again, CRUSHED!!

So my OB said we needed to visit a fertility clinic because we were dealing with Male Factor Infertility. Here's where my story gets a bit better

We had our first appt last week and the doctor gave us back some hope. He said it was possible to get PG with DH spermies but it could take a lot longer. He did an ultrasound on me and said that I do have PCOS but he could make me ovulate with Clomid. He wants us to try naturally for 3 cycles with Clomid and then 3 cycles of IUI with Clomid. After that....IVF. I have to get an HSG during my next cycle and then start Clomid. DH also had bloodwork done to check his testosterone and all that (no results back yet) and had his *cough* checked

So now I am on CD26 and STILL waiting to O. While the doc did the ultrasound he said I had a follicle that was 11mm (whatever that means!) and he expected me to O within 5-7 days....well that is today and now sign of it. I was using OPKs but I kept getting what I thought could be positive and then they would fade out and get dark again. TOO frustrating for me!

Whew, that was alot to type! Well that's me so far and now we just play the waiting game

March 10th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
hi Sarah! I'm so glad you started a journal!!

ok now I'll scroll up and actually read your entry (I wanted to be the first to post here )

Baby girl born Feb 2013

March 10th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Thanks for being my first journal post!!!

Ok update: I got the results of DH's bloodwork today, all hormones are normal!! I guess that's a good thing since there is nothing wrong there but a bad thing because there isn't anything to be fixed!

DH has another appt to get another more intricate SA next Wed. I talked to the nurse about not ovulating yet and how I don't want to wait for another 60-something day cycle before getting the HSG done and then wait for ANOTHER cycle before we can start Clomid. She is going to talk to the dr about giving me the meds to bring on AF so I can get started in the next step. I should get a call back tomorrow about that.

I hope this means we are moving along!

March 10th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sarah -I hope your doctor will help you move on to the next cycle.. because what's the point of trying on your own for 3 cycles if all those cycles are soooo long...

I hope DH's next SA comes back with better numbers! I hope he's been a good boy and taking his vits!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

March 10th, 2010, 08:21 PM
EXACTLY! I didn't get a call back today but I'm confident she will call me back tomorrow.

Oh believe me, he does! I even bought him one of those things for Sun-Sat and put all the pills in that right on his sink so he can't forget! Speaking of....I've got to order more Fertli-Aid.....

March 11th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, after reading it all in one place we have so much in common! PCOS DH's not great SA So frustrating when it seems everything is stacked against you! I'm glad you pushed through and seem to be on a faster paced track now

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 11th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sarah - they love to "forget" their vits.. or just outright refuse them.. I don't know why they're so silly!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

March 11th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Tammy - I know, we are soo much alike! I do feel like the world is against us having a baby and I just can't figure out why! LOL

Judy - he is set on getting me pregnant so he's all about the vitmains right now!

Update: STILL waiting on the nurse to get back with me! ARGH....

March 11th, 2010, 01:31 PM
My Dh is huge into the vitamins and everything now too! Water, Maca Root, Vitamin C and a daily vitamin, and he's not forgetting any of them! He smoked at work and quit that too... just hope we get pg soon cuz I don't know if our DH's would keep this up for a few months!

PS... I changed my name in his phone to "Drink Ur Water" so everytime he gets a text from me he gets reminded!

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 11th, 2010, 03:43 PM
LMAO that is hilarious "drink your water"!!!!

March 11th, 2010, 03:58 PM
dansyl's Avatar Missing my angel baby!
Sarah!!! I'm sooo glad you decided to start a journal!!! I get almost + OPKs and then don't O... but I never actually get a blaring + and then never O. I hope you get your BFP soon!!!

Thank you jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Adopting our miracle baby due Sept 2014!!!
March 11th, 2010, 07:21 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
for starting a journal!!!! I look forward to reading about your journey.

March 11th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Thanks Kara and Stefanie!!! Yea Kara - I hate OPKs right now and I've boycotted them for this cycle!

So I talked to the nurse right before I left work today and she hadn't talked to the dr yet. She said she sent it over to him a few times and he had not responded so he must be busy. She said she will hound him tomorrow for me! LOL

March 11th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sarah I hope the dr gets back to you STAT.. or does he want ALL of us to be calling and keeping his lines busy?

Baby girl born Feb 2013

March 12th, 2010, 04:22 AM
I know right! I will be blowing up their phone calling today if the nurse doesn't call me by lunch!

Oh and I had a "little" temp spike today....it's probably nothing though!

Last edited by SarieP; March 12th, 2010 at 04:28 AM.
March 12th, 2010, 05:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's not little!! I hope you'll get CHs in a few days hon! Let us know if you manage to speak to the dr!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

March 12th, 2010, 11:06 AM
I'm not sure about the temp this morning but maybe if it goes up some more tomorrow?!

Finally got a call back from the nurse and she said he dr does want to put me on provera but I have to go in on Monday and have a pregnancy beta done to make sure I'm not pregnant before I can take it. It seems silly to me because I just saw him last week and he said I hadn't even ovulated yet and now I still haven't so how the heck could I be pregnant???!! LOL wouldn't that be CRAZY if I was?!

Now I'm off to research provera....

March 12th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Yay for getting Provera, new cycle means Clomid for you!

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 12th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's good news that you're moving ahead! I hope Clomid will do the trick!!

Are you going ahead with Clomid before hearing back on DH's next SA results?
March 12th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Ugh Tammy I don't get to start Clomid this cycle I have to get the HSG done this time and the dr wants me to do that before I start Clomid Hopefully I will either O on time or not and then do provera again and get started finally!

Well DH decided he didn't want to get another SA done....he said he wants to wait until he's been taking his vitamins a while longer. Plus the test this time would be $175 to get a more extensive result. AND no matter what the test comes back and says (confirms other results or gets better) we already have a plan set up so it really wouldn't matter.

We are going to discuss with the dr why he wants another one when I got back after my HSG. Oh AND if we get to the IUI, the dr said he examines the sperm then anyway...

P.S. Don't hide your siggy in my journal Judy! I wanna watch your progress

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search