<3 Amanda's Journal <3

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
I thought I would start one of these just like everybody else. Seems like a good way to keep track of things.

My name is Amanda and DH's name is Adam. We've been married since August 1 after a year and a half of dating. We've been TTC since October because I came off of Accutane in September. My cycles have been really irregular the past few years(being on and off the pill doesnt help) and I think my weight gain may have been a part of that too. I havent been charting or anything yet in fact this is my first month even using OPK's so I guess you'd say Im brand new to this. Doing it all natural wasnt working out haha.
I'm planning to start charting when I finally get AF. But I'm not expecting her for probably another month since I didnt O this month or at least I havent yet. Anywho, guess I dont have much to record until I do start to chart or whatnot but thought Id start this up anyways!

Last edited by *Manda*; May 3rd, 2010 at 08:28 AM.
March 11th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Amanda! I'm glad you started a journal! It's a great way to keep track of everything and it's fun too.. I post more in my friends' journals than on the main boards!
I hope you have fun with it!

Here's some O dust to get you started

Last edited by Servilia; March 13th, 2010 at 03:58 PM.
March 11th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to ttc and journaling! The ladies here are amazing so once you get started with charting and all that other fun stuff, let us know if you have any questions!

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 11th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to J.M. I am Nayomi here is some baby
Nayomi is NTNP team blue #2

My 3rd Niece Lillian Nicole- Due 9/8/14

My NTNP #2 Journal:
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...-blue-2-a.html
JUNE 7, 2014 My daughter Jakaira turns 2 !!!!!
Nephews Lorenzo,Charlie both 5
Nieces Tamara 2years old , Arielle 1 month old

Going to work on weight loss for now.
to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
What I want to buy my sister

4.towels,wash cloths
5.size 1 diapers,diaper wipes
6.handmits n socks n burp cloths
7.0-3 months clothes (winter/spring)
8.boppy pillow
9.head bands with flowers
10.stroller
dresser
bouncy seat

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
Post 220 saids what I want to buy sis,hubby n I
March 11th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for a new journal! Hehe I've never even used an OPK so I don't really have much advice there, I do think you should start charting because it really gives you a clear idea of what's going on, but it doesn't tell you when to DTD, because once you have the temp shift it's too late. But it's a great way of pinpointing it and confirming for sure you're Oing!
On fertilityfriend there is a free charting ebook, I learned almost everything I know from there!

March 11th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Amanda!! I see you've started yourself a journal!! I know I've posted in a few of your threads on the main board... but now I can properly introduce myself!

I'm Nikki (35) and DH is Dan (32). We're just starting our 13th cycle. I host the Fertility Charting board here on JM, and couldn't agree with Lex more. You will get so much more information! I'm not telling you to give up the OPKs, bring 'em along! The more tools, the better, I say.

All you really need to get yourself up and going (starting with your next cycle, of course) is a BBT and a FF account - Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - Fertility Charting - To do the actual "charting" work for you!

If you do decide to start charting, come on by the board... we've got charting lessons as well as tons of girls who are great at helping new charters with the basics and even interpreting confusing charts for some of the vets! There's a link in the purple box in my siggy.

I think starting a journal is a great first step! It's great to have a place where you can come and dump out your thoughts, frustrations, hopes, fears, etc... and all surrounded by your fellow sisters who are trudging the same path as you. Sometimes they pull you up the hill, sometimes you pull them.

I've found it to be extremely cathartic. Getting some of those stresses written out, seems to kind of take them from my shoulders... and that's been extremely helpful for me! Not to mention, it'll be... interesting, to look back and read over it once I've got #1 on the way.

I hope your path to motherhood is both swift and smooth. Best of Luck & Baby

March 11th, 2010, 02:56 PM
dansyl's Avatar Missing my angel baby!
Hi and Welcome!!!

Thank you jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Adopting our miracle baby due Sept 2014!!!
March 11th, 2010, 03:47 PM
BabyBee13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hey sweetie it is great to meet you!..and i will be happy to answer any questions you may have..

March 11th, 2010, 05:31 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the journals!!!! Im Stef You will love having a place to vent...I know my journal has been a huge life savor.

I look forward to reading your journal! Good luck!!

March 13th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
Still no sign of O. I got excited because I thought since I was cramping that maybe just maybe I was about to O. But now Im kinda moody and hormonal too, so I wonder if AF is trying to come. Whooooo knows! I'm taking Vitex so Im wondering if thats trying to help me start my period or whats going on. Ugh I hate not knowing! I just so badly wish I was regular so I could get this show on the road better. But I dont want AF to come before I get my BBT in the mail so I can start charting this month
March 13th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm also excited to announce that I finally contacted my doctor! I sent her an email asking if she thought I should come in or just wait it out! I hope she's helpful with this, I've never really talked to her about not having a period in the sense of trying for a baby, just cause I was worried about my body. So lets hope!
March 13th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Amanda, I hope your dr. is super helpful!! Please KUP on what she says ok?
March 13th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Hi Amanda-- just got caught up on your journal and congrats for starting one. I wish I would have done so a long time ago. I hope that working with your DR and TTC bring you your BFP in no time!!
March 13th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for contacting your doctor! I hope she replies very soon!

March 13th, 2010, 07:37 PM
JuiceF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Amanda!! awesome that you started a journal.. I think you convinced me to get one!!!

Keep us posted on your doc appointment!!! xoxox
March 14th, 2010, 09:28 AM
ndsai05's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Amanda! I'm Saira, and we're on our 6th cycle trying. Like everyone else has said, you're going to love having a journal and love charting! You'll learn so much about your body, its really great! Hope your stay here is short and sweet!

Thank you Meganpixel for my perfect siggy!

March 15th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kinda disapointed in my doctor No response, typically I get a response from her the next day or if on the weekend first thing monday morning. I dont wanna email back and seem impatient but I am. I get few days off and have one thursday and was kinda hoping to get in to see her and with a new job(hopefully) about to happen who knows when the next day off will be. Ugh I guess I'll wait a few days and email her again, but Ive given up hope for thursday(that is IF she even wants me to come in)
Anywho did yet another opk today still neg. I really wish my body would just work itself out, I've still been taking that vitex so maybe it'll help, hopefully in a few days my body will just reset, but today is CD 23.
March 15th, 2010, 03:39 PM
JuiceF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
AWWW, don't worry about bothering her .. call.. email!!! do whatever you need to do.. that's why she became a doctor to help people!!!! so bother her lady... bother her..lol

sorry that you didn't O yet!!!! I am seriously sending all the O energy of the universe to you!!!!
March 16th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I actually just recopied the same email and sent it again. Hopefully get a response this time.
March 16th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope your doctor gets back to you soon! Don't worry, her job is to help you KUP ok?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search