Christina's TTC w/ Endo Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Pebblesbuddy
A guess it's a good time as ever to start my TTC journal. I guess I will make my long story short. I always had bad crampy periods. Like to the point where about every other period I would throw up from the pain and just lay in bed unable to do anything. Fast forward to beginning of 2009, found out I had Endo and scheduled surgery for May 1, 2009. Came out of surgery and found out I did indeed have it and I had most of it removed. I started 6 months of Lupron shots to kill the rest of the endo and I took Femara to suppress my Estrogen production. The last time I got my period was May 1, 2009 and I recently just got it again January 29, 2010.

I have been very optimistic as I feel like I am doing everything I can health wise to start a family. I work out, eat right, drink minimal (caffeine and alcohol), take a prenatal, had my Endo removed and my DH who is 28 has started taking a multi, works out, and he eats great too. I also had blood work done to check for hypothyroid, vitamin deficiencies and to get a blood panel. My DH also said he read he shouldn't wear boxer briefs because if could cut off circulation to his men so he is strictly wearing boxers now Gotta love him.

We started TTC immediately after my first cycle began. We are on cycle #2 now and I feel optomistic. I always thought it would happen right away. But it does take a lot of work especially when you have things working against you. Today is CD15 and both yesterday and today I had two very bright positive OPK's and I think I will be O'ing sometime today. So let's hope I catch that eggie and give myself the best Christmas present ever

I forgot to chart my temp this month so right now I will be going by my OPK's and symptoms. Hell I might even just start temping now for fun. I am now pretty much back to my regular cycle. I was always 28 days and after I had the treatment I thought it would be all over the board. The first month it was 32 days and it looks like this month I am right on track for 28. Thank goodness! It makes it a lot easier to have shorter cycles so if I do get a BFN I can try sooner. Any way that is my story keep coming back to check for updates!

Last edited by Pebblesbuddy; March 15th, 2010 at 05:07 PM.
March 15th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY for another journal to read!!! I have Endo too... BOOOOOOOO!!! it SUCKS you know what!!! Im glad your periods are back!!! mine are still MIA unless I take provera... I hope you get your BFP REAL SOON!!!
March 15th, 2010, 12:20 PM
ndsai05's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Christina, yay for starting a journal! I'm glad that your periods are becoming more regular, and I hope you get that BFP very soon! O dust:

Thank you Meganpixel for my perfect siggy!

March 15th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy to see that you started your journal...... here is some baby

Thanks Jaidynsmums for my siggy

Their ages in Sept!
Nephews Lorenzo,Charlie both 6
Nieces Tamara 2years old , Arielle 6 month old Lillian 1 mos!
Oct
my nephews will be Charlie 6 & Lorenzo 6
nieces Tamara 2, Arielle 7 months Lillian 2 mos

Nov
nephews Charlie 6, Lorenzo 6
niecesTamara 2, Arielle 8 months Lillian 3 mos

Dec
nephews Charlie 6, Lorenzo 6
nieces Tamara 2, Arielle 9 months, Lillian 4 mos

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 postsAug 17,14 400 posts
March 15th, 2010, 02:42 PM
JuiceF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY Christina for starting your journal. Hope you catch that eggie!!! here's some

roll in it girl!!!!
March 16th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I already posted on the boards but I may as well post here. I had blood work done to check for thyroid problems and I had a blood panel and checked for vitamin deficiencies as well. Here are the results.

Total Cholesterol: 172 Normal is less than 200
Triglycerides: 45 Normal is less than 150
HDL "Good Cholesterol": 67 Normal is greater than 40
LDL "Bad Cholesterol": 96 Normal is less than 160
Glucose: Normal
Thyroid: Normal
Hermatrocrit (Anemia Test): Normal
Electrolyters: Normal
Kidney Function: Normal
Liver Function: Normal
Urinalysis: Normal
Other (Vitamins and such): Vitamin D is pretty low, need to start taking 1000 units (I think he means mg) a day over 3 months and I need to get blood checked again in 3 months.

Looks like I am as healthy as can be. I am sooo impatient. I want a baby now lol and I am only on cycle #2. But I really have mostly good things going for me right now. I worry a lot that the Endo will come back. I hope it never does. But besides that everything else is pretty good. If I don't get preggo though within 6 months I already have an appt set up for August to talk with my doctor.

I keep thinking about everything I need to check out just to make sure I am a okay. Endo removed, check, take prenatals, check, got blood work done, check, work out/lose weight, check (8lbs lost so far), eat fresh and healthy, check and check. DH is working out eating healthy and not wearing boxer briefs anymore, he read that briefs could restrict blood to his men He is also taking a multi.

I think I have everything covered I need to invest in some Vitamin D. The only other things I can think of that I would want to get checked (not right away obviously, since we have no need to and it costs money) is to see if I have any tubes blocked and to get the DH a SA. Obviously this is way in advance and I hope I don't have to go through that but I am just trying to make sure I am overly prepared and do everything in my power to get a sticky bean!

Oh and also I used OPK's each month anddd I just bought preseed. Sorry for such a long post I just need a place to write and think about things. I eventually will start temping I just forget about it everyday.

Is anyone doing anything else to better their chances of conceiving? Am I obsessing too much? Does anyone else take vitamin D? Which do you take D2 or D3? I read D3 is better? Okay I think that is enough of my rambling and questions for now!
March 17th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So I have been checking with OPK's this week and since CD14, today is CD17, I have gotten very positive LH surges. Is this normal to see it positive for so long? I know last cycle I got a positive CD17-19, didn't check CD20, and on CD21 it was stark white. This time around I didn't check CD13 so I am not sure if it was positive then. It's been a good 4 days of very vivid red lines. Below are a few of the sticks

CD14

CD15

CD17 - today

CD16 I didn't get a pic of because I was feeling lazy.

It looks like today's is the brightest maybe I am gearing up to O today? Gahhh I wish I knew.

Last edited by Pebblesbuddy; March 17th, 2010 at 07:58 AM.
March 17th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hon, FRER OPKs are a little iffy.. when I used them one cycle, they gave me positives EVERY SINGLE TIME! Usually I would have 2 days of positives (with my CBE OPKs), but the FRER just kept giving me bright positives each time.. When I asked around the boards some ladies said that they are too sensitive for some people. I hope they work properly for you and you're just having a long surge, but if the positives continue for too long you should look into a different brand. I was really happy with the CBE OPKs.

Good luck!!! I hope you O soon!!
March 17th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Servilia View Post
Hon, FRER OPKs are a little iffy.. when I used them one cycle, they gave me positives EVERY SINGLE TIME! Usually I would have 2 days of positives (with my CBE OPKs), but the FRER just kept giving me bright positives each time.. When I asked around the boards some ladies said that they are too sensitive for some people. I hope they work properly for you and you're just having a long surge, but if the positives continue for too long you should look into a different brand. I was really happy with the CBE OPKs.

Good luck!!! I hope you O soon!!
Really because last cycle the thing was stark white the entire time until CD17-CD19 when I got the red lines and then on CD21 it was stark white again (I didn't check CD20 to see if it was a 4 day surge like it is now). If tomorrow it is white (which based on last time's it should be) then it might be right, I might just have a 4 day LH surge. At least this makes sense to me, I am not sure I just know last time the thing was white the entire time, then I had the red lines then it was gone after a few days and my 2WW was exactly 14 days. They are super sensitive though for sure. Thanks for your input I will update tomorrow and see if it's white or not.
March 17th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Judy is right.. they are a little sensitive.. I haven't experienced them for myself, but I did have a few friends tell me.

Test tomorrow, it should give you a good indication.. keep us posted!!!
good luck to you!!!
March 17th, 2010, 09:00 AM
it looks like you really did O!!! the last pic is the darkest so I would say that you are Oing...?? good luck and CATCH that EGGIE!!!

March 17th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Hi there Congrats on starting a journal. It sounds like you have a lot in order and you get your BFP soon!! I gave up looking at lines and have used a digi for a while now. I know I only have a 2 day surge--- just make sure you get your BD ing in and have lots of fun catching that egg!
March 18th, 2010, 06:17 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey girl! YAY for postive OPks. Good luck in the 2ww!
March 18th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I wanted to compare yesterday's test and compare to today's because yesterday's was by far the darkest and brightest. Making me 99.9% sure I O'ed yesterday at some point. Also yesterday was CD17, so between it being CD17 and the 17th of March AND Saint Patty's Day I hope all three are on my side and give me the lucky I need to get pregnant. 17 is my lucky number

Also (tmi) yesterday was kind of weird. I tested in the morning and I got the super bright and dark FRER OPK. Well when I got home I had to pee pretty bad. I went and peed like a gallon of pee and afterward I immediately felt crampy on my right side that resignated to my lower right back. Like I released some pressure off my bladder from peeing but it just felt weird. I am not sure if this triggered ovulation but it lasted a good ten minutes. I laid in bed kind of waiting for it to go away. It was just odd. I tried to really be in tune with it. Regardless if that was ovulation at that exact moment or not I am pretty sure I did O yesterday. DH and I did the BD CD12, CD14(2x) CD15, CD16, but we each had some beer so that didn't really work out in the end and CD17. I feel like everything was timed perfectly. So we shall see I guess.

Oh and I took some pics of my OPK sticks and you can see the progression from yesterday to today. It was very dark and slowly today it gets lighter which further proves to me this happened yesterday!

March 18th, 2010, 05:36 PM
ndsai05's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday was definitely positive! Your timing was awesome, I hope you get a BFP in a couple weeks!!!

Thank you Meganpixel for my perfect siggy!

March 19th, 2010, 07:17 AM
DITTO Saira!!! good BDING at the right times good luck... now the worst part... the 2WW!! YUCK!!!
March 21st, 2010, 08:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so glad I have this journal. Ugh. I feel so worried right now. I feel like I am OCD/worry about anything I do in my life Whether it's work, my house, my dogs, Jim, whatever. I over think and over analyze everything. Maybe this is why I did so well in math But I feel like with that I am obsessing too much about having a baby. I mean don't get me wrong I am not rushed to have a baby tomorrow (but that would be nice hehe) but I feel like I am just reading into things way too much. I tend to worry a lot. My mom worries and she said I am way worse than her. I used to get panic attacks and they are not fun. I have learned to deal with that and my life has been a lot better.

But I guess the reason I am so worried is because I had the Endo so bad. It almost makes me so sad to think about. I am worried I won't have a kid and I won't get to experience all the fun that goes along with being pregnant. I feel like everyone I know is pregnant right now without even trying. Like oops I am pregnant! It's only cycle #2 of trying so I mean I really shouldn't be like this. Sooo with that said I am going to just try and take a breather and let things happen. I really need to not stress myself out so much on things that are really beyond my control. Thanks to everyone who is reading I appreciate your kind words and listening to my craziness. <3
March 22nd, 2010, 12:42 PM
Christina...
you are GOING to be a mommy!!! and a GREAT one!!! we ALL go through these times... and it is really hard!!! but we are all here for you!!! so chin up!!! HUGE
March 25th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't post in my journal as much as I would like, but I think it's because I do not want to obsess over each cycle. Well today marks 8DPO. I hadn't even realized and DH and I wanted to go out to dinner tonight and have a drink or two. So I decided to test with a FRER. Btw did you know you can buy FRER's know that do up to 6 days before missed period? I just learned that today. Kind of expensive but I know it's one of two tests that will give me the results I want. So I tested and..................................

BFN... I kind of figured. I feel like once I am pregnant I will know. And I just didn't "feel" it again this cycle. I don't think we could of timed anything more perfectly. When I saw the results I wasn't so upset. I just kind of shrugged it off. Then about an hour later a girl I know, posted she is pregnant with her third child on facebook. Let me remind everyone she is 22 years young... she seriously breathes and is pregnant. I felt like that was such a jab in the stomach. And then my other friend who is fertile mertile posted pics of her 3D Ultrasound of her baby, she is 33 weeks. Again another jab. I think both of those things just really upset me especially after a BFN. Don't get me wrong I am so happy for them, but deep down it hurts especially when I am worried about getting pg, I mean I had Endo sooo bad.

So DH and I went to dinner. Near the end of the dinner I won't go into details because it was sooo dumb, but we got into a huge fight. Like one of our worst fights as a couple. And we rarely fight. BLEH!!!!! I was crying so hard because he was being so ridiculous. When we got home he apologized profusely saying the fight was ridiculous and he was just in a bad mood and he was so upset at how I was reacting. Ugh. I still want to cry thinking about it. I mean I think deep down part of why I was so upset was because of the BFN earlier but man he was acting like such a jerk. Everything is okay now but I thought I should post about it because I really need to get it out.

I have plenty of more time to get pregnant and I am okay with that. I know I can stay positive throughout this because I believe I will get my time when I am ready. And I will keep trying my ****edest, but I guess deep down it definitely was hard especially seeing my two other friends, like I said, get pregnant from just breathing

Thanks for listening I know a lot of you know don't know me but I appreciate all of you <3

Btw here is the BFN, there is no hint of line or anything

Last edited by Pebblesbuddy; March 26th, 2010 at 04:00 PM.
March 28th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Hey Christina, sorry I haven`t posted in so long, but I think its still too early and you can still get your
As for the obsessing and stuff don`t worry I am the same way... I get crazed and get panic attacks.
Like Jessica said you will be a mommy and a great one to boot!! Its hard seeing friends get preggers when you are trying. It will happen for you
I do hope this is it for you.. sending you girly!!
sorry about the fight.. glad its all good now, I kinda blew up on DH yesterday too.. it happens but as long as you work it out.

Have a happy Sunday

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search