Deb's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So, I figured that I'd try out this journaling thing I must confess, however, I'll be super good about keeping journals for a week or two, and then I usually fall off the wagon. Someone may have to stay on top of me with this

For those who don't know me... here's the 411

Deb (27) married to DH (28).
We've been together for almost 11 years, and married for almost 5.

5 years of marriage had always been this magical date that we had in our head for TTC. Just so happens things are finally falling into place. We bought a home about a year ago, DH just got a new job with normal hours (and a raise), and we finally feel good about our finances, so off we go!

I'm slightly nervous about parental support. My mother seems to think that 30 is the magic number for having a baby and doesn't support us ttc until I turn 30. Needless to say, we're not mentioning anything to her. DH's family is super supportive though, which is good.

I'm a teacher so we'd love for the stars to align perfectly and give us a spring baby... However, we decided to start this cycle since we'd rather have a baby in January than a baby in August or September. We're going casual these first two cycles, and then I'll start temping/using OPK's if it doesn't happen by mid-June. DH had surgery for a urinary tract problem as a child, and isn't sure of any problems that might have left. Hopefully none.

Well, here goes. Only time will tell where this journey takes us!

April 19th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Congrats on starting a journal and for officially ttc!! I really hope you get a soon and it doesn't take you as long as me!!

I'm Sam BTW- I am on my 18th cycle and I would literally go nuts without these journals!! I think you may find it addicting and won't need a reminder
April 19th, 2010, 05:45 PM
JuiceF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Deb,
Welcome to the wonderful world of Journals!!! After I saw your post in my journal today I was wondering if you had one.. and lo and behold here you are!!!

YAY for officially starting TTC... dont worry about your mom...
When are you really ready for a baby.. whether your 24, 27, 30 or 40 .. its still going to be scary and crazy. »Looks like you have all your ducks in a row.. hopefully you will get a Jan baby !! sending you lots of

xoxoxo
April 19th, 2010, 05:56 PM
JessMitch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Deb! I'm Jess (25) and DH is Ben (26) and I think it sounds like you guys have timed things really nicely as far as TTC goes. You can't please everyone i.e. your mother

I think it's awesome that you waited until a time in your life where you feel really ready! And here's to hoping that you get that perfect spring baby!!!

April 19th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
hi Deb I'm Judy (30) and DH is T (or as I like to call him, Absentee Husband )

You're gonna love keeping a journal. I hope you get your BFP quickly!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

April 19th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ahh, journaling. Another stop on the road to procrastination.

I've got a giant stack of papers to grade downstairs. But, alas, I'm here, reading journals

Eh, we've got a field trip tomorrow. I can catch up tomorrow night... right?

Thanks for the welcome to the journal area ladies I've been wanted to start one, but figured I'd wait until Auntie Flow made an appearance.

Speaking of which, last night I was griping about cramps and said to DH, "These might be my last period cramps for 9 months."

His response?

"Well yeah, but then you'll just get all 9 months at once. Probably worse."

Thanks, hon.

April 19th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Gotta love em!!?!?!?! know exactly what to say at the right time!!!
April 19th, 2010, 08:57 PM
ndsai05's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Deb! So glad you're officially joining us now! I'm Saira (almost 27) and DH is Becket (26). We're on our 8th cycle right now. Your DH is funny, mine says stuff like that sometimes. Gotta love those husbands!

Thank you Meganpixel for my perfect siggy!

April 20th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome to journaling. HOpe you get a this cycle.

Nov
nephews Charlie 6, Lorenzo 6
niecesTamara 2, Arielle 8 months Lillian 3 mos

Dec
nieces Tamara 2, Arielle 9 months, Lillian 4 mos
Jan Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 2, Arielle 10 months Lillian 5 months.Feb Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara2,Arielle 11months Lillian 6 months
March Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 2 Arielle 1 ys old Lillian 7 mos
April Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 3,Arielle 1ys Lillian 8 mos
May Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 3 Arielle 1ys Lillian 9 mos
June my daughter turns 3,Charlie 6 lorenzo 6 Tamara3 Arielle 1 Lillian 10mos
July Charlie 6 lorenzo 6 Tamara 3 Arielle 1 Lillian 11 months
Aug Charlie 6 lorenzo 6 tamara 3 arielle 1ys old Lillian 1
Sept Charlie 7 Lorenzo 7 tamara 3 arielle 1ys Lillian 1ys

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 postsAug 17,14 400 posts
April 20th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Haha gotta love DH! Always looking on the bright side!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

April 20th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So, little bit of background on my mother issues...

I have GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder). After over a year of meds and counseling, I've had it under control for about 14 months now (no meds/no sessions). Not to say I don't have my moments, but overall I am so much better (no crying fits in the middle of staff meetings, and I'm able to sleep at least 6 hours each night w/o the use of a sleep aid).

Most of my anxiety issues stem from my mother and my constant need to have her approval. She has very high standards and is very black and white about things... she constantly belittled those who did not meet those standards in front of me. So, I've essentially spent my entire life living up to those standards, and believing that everyone around me was judging me like my mother was judging them.

So, knowing the my mother is not supportive of our TTC (I haven't directely told her that we are, but I've hinted that it was probably coming up w/i the last year - she has expressed nothing but negativity) is kind of sending me back to the overanalzying and everything else I do when my anxiety gets the best of me.

So, anywho, just laying my issues out there. A huge anxiety relief for me is just talking about it... so since my shrink abandoned me (he moved I never clicked with my new one), and DH has a psychology background and likes to psychoanalyze me too much, I'm going to vent here.

I apologize in advance!

April 20th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Awww Deb I am sorry about your GAD! I don't have direct experience but I studied psychology and specifically, mental disorders, so I know it can be horrible. It's good you know the source of it, that way you can kind of navigate through the events and thoughts that cause it. Your mom sounds like my dad lol Always criticising! I'm afraid to tell him anything because I know he will look at the bad side only.

We're here for you and can vent whenever you want!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

April 20th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love your siggy!!!

Nov
niecesTamara 2, Arielle 8 months Lillian 3 mos

Dec
nieces Tamara 2, Arielle 9 months, Lillian 4 mos
Jan Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 2, Arielle 10 months Lillian 5 months.Feb Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara2,Arielle 11months Lillian 6 months
March Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 2 Arielle 1 ys old Lillian 7 mos
April Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 3,Arielle 1ys Lillian 8 mos
May Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 3 Arielle 1ys Lillian 9 mos
June my daughter turns 3,Charlie 6 lorenzo 6 Tamara3 Arielle 1 Lillian 10mos
July Charlie 6 lorenzo 6 Tamara 3 Arielle 1 Lillian 11 months
Aug Charlie 6 lorenzo 6 tamara 3 arielle 1ys old Lillian 1
Sept Charlie 7 Lorenzo 7 tamara 3 arielle 1ys Lillian 1ys

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 postsAug 17,14 400 posts
April 21st, 2010, 09:40 AM
ndsai05's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Deb my sister also has anxiety disorder, she is still recovering from a relapse that she had 2 years ago. So I know how awful it can be. And hers stems from stuff relating to our mother as well, though not exactly the same situation.

Vent away!!! We are here to listen. I know my sister's therapist has been key in helping her get better recently. Huge hugs for you!

Thank you Meganpixel for my perfect siggy!

April 21st, 2010, 05:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the hugs! I've really come to terms with it though - and I'm really hoping to be able to stay off meds. I sometimes need to remind myself of what I learned in therapy and notice the signs when my GAD is getting the best of me. Anxiety and depression run in my family (and DH's - he also has anxiety issues) and I'm really hoping that we can keep it together to keep our children less at risk.

Anywho, if you were in chat last night, I had mentioned that DH hid my tests... well, I found them! They were just behind some bottles/boxes in our bathroom cabinet. I figured he'd at least hide them somewhere more creative. I'm disappointed

Another thing mentioned last night, was MIL's retirement trip... In August, she wants us all to stay in a house together in upstate new york. Okay, fine. Well, said house is a cabin without running water. The bathroom/showers are communal w/ other guests on the property... and nearly a 1/4 mile away. I don't need a 5 star hotel, but indoor plumbing is key. Also, there's the issue of if I get pregnant between now and August... there is no way I'm going to be pregnant and 1/4 of a mile from a bathroom.

Now, I do love my MIL. I do. But she comes up w/ the strangest stuff, and doesn't really think things through, often leading to just very weird situations...

Here's to hoping DH can convince her that indoor plumbing and real beds (not cots) are non-negotiable

April 21st, 2010, 05:54 PM
BabyBee13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Deb that is too funny about the tests i'm happy you found them hun..and that is a crazy idea your MIL has..i agree plumbing is necessary i really don't like outhouses..especially when you hear about spiders that live in them!..i hope that your DH can talk some sense into her..i'm really happy that you started a journal it makes it easier to stalk you now..

April 21st, 2010, 06:38 PM
Hey Deb, so sorry about your GAD, I get anxiety attacks as well, over things I can`t control..
I hope you don`t let your mother get in the way of you and DH TTC, stress is always a factor.

As for the tests being hidden!! hahahaha... they aren`t that smart sometimes... silly boys!!

I do hope DH convinces his mommy to stop with the crazy talk!! hahaha
April 21st, 2010, 07:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha - trust me - there's no stopping the crazy. You can only hope to contain it!

Another DH gem...

"All women go crazy when they become mothers. One day you'll be crazy too."

He's just full of these bits of wisdom...

April 21st, 2010, 07:35 PM
hahahahaha.. I like your DH!!!
April 21st, 2010, 11:57 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HI Deb!!!!
Im sooooooooo excited to stalk another journal!!!! Im right there with you on the 5 year plan... that was us too!!! but then we both wanted to try a couple of years ago... and that didnt work so i got my baby Gracie!!! and then we started trying AGAIN last july... and still trying... as for your mom... I dont think you should tell her... its HER problem if she doesnt agree with YOUR decison!!! Ive had to deal with people like that but they were not my mom... I dont know how your relationship is with her other then that...

we are here to listen to you... and a shoulder to cry on if needs be... and you can VENT AWAY!!! and we will CHEER you on!!! and of course we LOVE LOVE LOVE pics!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search