Pixie*Dust Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2010, 11:20 PM
PiXiE*DuSt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to PiXiE*DuSt

My first OPK ever! Is it positive?!?!?!? LOL

Thanks Claire1979 for my siggie!

May 16th, 2010, 11:33 PM

May 16th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Wizza's Avatar TTC our first since 2009
I still can't see your OPK here either. When you are posting it do you upload it somewhere and then put in the img code bracket thingys in your post with its link? Now I really want to see that elusive OPK!

May 16th, 2010, 11:49 PM
its in my email. i'm coping the image & pasting it into the :insert image: tab??? i wonder why i can see them but no one else....ugggggh!!

May 16th, 2010, 11:55 PM
I think you have to upload it somewhere like imageshack or photobucket and then put in the image code like for when you add a signature. I've never tried to use insert image thing but I'm pretty sure no matter how you add it you have to upload it somewhere first. Try saving it to your PC and then putting it on one of those picture hosting sites then use the link it gives you for it.

Also if you don't want to make whole new posts for it you can use the edit button on an existing post of yours to make changes to it.

Last edited by Wizza; May 17th, 2010 at 12:00 AM.
May 17th, 2010, 12:01 AM
[IMG][/IMG]

May 17th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Yay! There it is and it looks pretty positive to me!

May 17th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Wooooohooooo!!!!

May 17th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Rats..I just read online that if your taking Clomid days 5-9 i shouldn't start using OPKS til CD12!!! It says they can give FALSE + if taken too soon after my last day of clomid Maybe i'll just test again tomorrow night to be sure, lol...what do you ladies think?? Also i took this around 11:00 at night & did drink alittle ice tea would that affect it?? I'm a worry wart!!! LOL

May 17th, 2010, 02:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I don't know much about clomid and opk's other than what I've read on here. I hope it's a real positive though!

May 17th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have heard about clomid affecting the OPKs but not iced tea.. I would keep testing and temping.. good luck!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

May 17th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
I don't know much about Clomid and OPK's but I can't tell by your temp, CP or CM. Are you not putting them in to FF on purpose. Anywho.. looking at those can help me sometimes figure out what may be going on. I would just keep DTD and testing catching that eggie girl
May 17th, 2010, 09:30 AM
I just temp this morning and it's around the sane as it's been so idk..I'm going to test again this afternoon to see if it's a positive still

May 17th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Ok ladies...I took 2 OPKs' today..One this morning & another tonight. Both i think were positive..We BD yesterday & prob will again tonight!! I'll take another opk tomorrow as well since i read online that if on clomid CD5-9 you shouldn't use OPKs til CD12 .. i'm hoping i didn't test to soon & its a false negative..lol. HOWEVER i've had O pains all day at work & tonight (at least i think O pains)...they were very sharp!! Kinda like cramps? It was only on one side at first then went to the other a few hours later, but the right side i feel most??? Here are my OPK tests for today...

5/17 MORNING
[IMG][/IMG]

5/17 NIGHT
[IMG][/IMG]

May 18th, 2010, 09:32 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofmine View Post
Rats..I just read online that if your taking Clomid days 5-9 i shouldn't start using OPKS til CD12!!! It says they can give FALSE + if taken too soon after my last day of clomid Maybe i'll just test again tomorrow night to be sure, lol...what do you ladies think?? Also i took this around 11:00 at night & did drink alittle ice tea would that affect it?? I'm a worry wart!!! LOL
My RE told me the exact same thing. That the results will definitely not be accurate, if your taking Clomid CD5-9 DO NOT use an OPK before CD12! So I would just re-test starting tomorrow! Good Luck!!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

May 18th, 2010, 09:51 AM
I jut took my temp this morning & it's 96.48!!!!! Def alot lower then what it's been around!!!! I think today is my day!!! The DH & I already BD too right after I took my temp! Lol. So guess I'm on my 2 week wait?!?!

May 18th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Tashia,
What brand OPK are you using? If that's a FRER I would be wary. FRER OPKs ALWAYS give me positives, they are just too sensitive for some people.. that, and the fact you were on clomid.. well I would hesitate to trust the OPKs this early in your cycle since the clomid could give you false positives, as Ashley mentioned.
I hope you are Oing soon hon.. another thing you should know about clomid (and I haven't been on it but have learned this while following my friends here who have), is that it can cause abnormally high temps in the beginning of your cycle.. so your dip today might not be because of O but just because of your temps getting back to normal.. oh I know I sound like a party pooper.. I hope I haven't upset you, but these are just things I have learned on here. On the bright side there are people who O super early on Clomid, and maybe that's you in this case!!

Here's some O dust!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

Last edited by Servilia; May 18th, 2010 at 10:43 AM.
May 18th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Party pooper Judy!!! LOL :j/k:

Yeah i'm trying not to get my hopes up (just in case). I really hope I O today, but i'm going to continue to test. The brand i'm using is "Answer" i bought it at rite aid (drug store). I think next cycle i'll buy the cheapies off of amazon!

May 18th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know the Answer brand, but i haven't heard bad things about it like the FRER OPKs!! Hopefully the stuff I wrote before is wrong and this is your O!! Keep BDing woman!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

May 18th, 2010, 12:25 PM
I hope those are real positives on your OPKs but if not I bet you will O really soon anyway so just don't stop BDing until you get your temp spike and you should be covered. Here's some O dust for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search