Pixie*Dust Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2010, 09:50 PM
PiXiE*DuSt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to PiXiE*DuSt
Hello ladies,

My name is Tashia I'm 22, and my DH name is Brett he's 26. We got married back on Jan 17th, 2009. I joined the board last week & LOVE it!!! This is my first journal, so heres alittle info:

I started taking BCP back in May '07 & stopped taking it in Dec '09. My husband had been hinting around that he wanted to start tcc so i decided on my own to just stop taking it. Alittle history background: i didn't get my period til i was 14years old, they have always been irregular, and i'm tiny 5'3 110 pounds, lol. My mom seems to think if i gain weight maybe that'll help with the irregular periods, but i've been the same size for years & can''t gain anything!! And if i do it all goes right to my stomach, making it look like I'm 2-3months preggers, lol.

Well, Jan & Feb no period I took MANY preg tests' & they ALL came back negative. March came and no sign on AF coming. So i decided it was time to get a doctor involved. He gave me provera to bring on AF & a week later she came!! The DH & I started BD the whole week + after, lol.

April is coming to an end & i'm 2 weeks late AGAIN!! I took a preg test last week and it was negative So I got my doctor to mail me a RX to have blood work drawn to find out the reasoning on why this keeps happening. It's hard for me to know whether or not i'm preggers or if its just cuz AF decides on being irregular. The longest I've gone before without AF (i think) is about 3 months? Its just so stressful when your TTC. Now i haven't tried OPK, but i think i may start to get some. Maybe that will help? I should have the results of the blood work next week so hopefully i have some answers. I'll keep you all updated Tash

Thanks Claire1979 for my siggie!

Last edited by PiXiE*DuSt; October 10th, 2010 at 06:54 PM.
April 24th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Tashia, I'm Judy (30) and DH is T (also 30) and this is our 6th cycle TTC, with a loss last cycle. I'm glad you love the board!! It's so much fun and the ladies are great and very helpful.

I'm sorry your cycles are screwy, were they like that before you started BCP? Some people take longer to adjust after BCP than others. I hope your stay here is short and sweet Keep us posted on the doctor stuff!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

April 25th, 2010, 05:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi there!

I'm Deb (27) and DH is 28. We're on our first cycle TTC. I'm a newbie too and am loving the ladies on here so far! So helpful and supportive!

I hope that you are able to get some answers about your screwy cycles soon!

April 25th, 2010, 09:25 AM
ndsai05's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Tashia! Welcome to the board! I'm Saira (27) and DH is Becket (26), we are on our 8th cycle TTC. I look forward to getting to know you! The ladies here are so supportive, you're gonna love it! Though I hope your stay here is short and sweet. Keep us posted on the bloodwork!

Thank you Meganpixel for my perfect siggy!

April 25th, 2010, 02:01 PM
JuiceF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Tashia, welcome and yay for starting a journal!!
My name is Justyna (26) and DH Chris (26) we have been TTC since Feb 2010 with a loss in December of 09.
The ladies here are super awesome, they will support you, cheer you on and encourage you every step of the way.. looking forward to following your TTC journey!!

baby
April 25th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome to J.M. & I am happy that you have started your journal. Hope you get your New Year's Eve baby. baby

Thanks Jaidynsmums for my siggy

ON My Weightloss Journey.....

My 3rd Niece Lillian Nicole- Due 9/8/14

Nephews Lorenzo,Charlie both 5
Nieces Tamara 2years old , Arielle 4 month oldNiece Lillian due to be here around 9/8/14

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 posts
April 25th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Thank you Ladies sooooooooooo much!!! Means so much!! xoxo I'm thinking about starting a chart! Guess i better get to work on it!!

April 26th, 2010, 09:48 PM
I got my blood work back today at the hospital, but i gotta call my doctor tomorrow & schedule a consult, lol...i can't understand what everything means on there...haha I'll keep you girls posted...these were my results:

DHEA SULFATE 165
LH 16.8
PROGESTERONE 0.8
PROLACTIN 10.6
TESTOSTERONE 76
FSH 5.5

-xoxo Tash

Last edited by PiXiE*DuSt; April 26th, 2010 at 09:53 PM.
April 26th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Tashia,

I don't know what the results mean.. Will the doctor explain them to you? I hope they're good!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

April 26th, 2010, 10:10 PM
I work at a hospita (where i got my labs done at)l thats how i got my results so fast ( had to sign a paper to release them to me)...i prob got them before my doctor has received them. First thing in the morning I'm going to call my doctor to schedule a consult so i can understand the results, lol. I'm alittle nervous because at the top it says adnormal..so i know wer're prob gonna have to run more tests

April 27th, 2010, 02:21 AM
JuiceF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good morning, I hope your doc can clear things up for you.
April 27th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Called the doctor today & he's suppose to be calling me back regarding the results. If everything normal then my next step is i'll ask him to do an ultra sound on me to check my ovaries. Also i went to my family doctor today for a routine check-up & got blood work done to make sure i'm healthy in all areas. I mainly wanted to get the thyroid, diabetes, and anemia checked. I should have those results back in a few days. I'll keep you ladies posted!!

April 30th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Well ladies i spoke with my doctor last night...I'm NOT ovulating I was really hoping that wasn't the case.

Dr. recommended that i take provera this week & I'll get my period next week. Once i get my period he wrote me a script for clomid and I'm to take that CD 5,6,7,8,& 9. I'm a little bummed i have to take a pill just to get pregnant, and i don't want the baby coming out looking weird because of the meds? Do you ladies know if the pill affects the baby at all? Also I'm worried about the side affects from this pill. I'm VERY tiny (110lbs) so I'll def have to eat when i take it.

My doctor told me to BD on CD 14-23. Do you girls think i should still buy OPK or no?

April 30th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck with the clomid! I've never used OPKs... so I really can't give an opinion. Sending lots of baby dust your way!

April 30th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Thanks Deb!!!

April 30th, 2010, 08:17 PM
JessMitch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Tashia! I'm Jess to JM!!!

April 30th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks Jess! I love it here!!

April 30th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hon, no clomid won't affect the baby in that way.. I doubt they would be prescribing it for the purpose of women getting pregnant if it had that effect!

There are a bunch of ladies here who have taken it, I'm sure they'll be able to help you out!! Good luck!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

April 30th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Oh ok..lol. I'm just alittle bummed that i have to take a pill to get preggers & the sound of it doesn't sound healthy to me, but the doctor told me its our best chance...so i said i'd give it a try

May 3rd, 2010, 10:52 PM
Today's my last day of Provera!! Hoping AF comes sooner then it did back in March....last time it took 1 week after Provera, lol. Anyways I'll be starting Clomid on CD5!!!! Fingers crossed the side effects won't be that bad

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search