Michelle's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2010, 04:03 PM
Hi all! I've been lurking around the forums for a few days, but I'll reintroduce myself in any case. My name's Michelle (28) and the DH is Matt (26). We've been married for a year and a half, anniversary in October, and have been together for a little over 10 years. We've very recently decided to start on the TTC journey and we both can't wait to start the next big phase in our lives.

Being an only child, I'm tossing around the idea of whether or not I'm going to tell my parents that Matt and I are TTC. I'm leaning towards no. I mean, I already get the "soooo... babies?" literally every time I visit my parents. They've already taken to buying books and clothes for the grandchild that they don't even have yet. (Kind of cute to be honest.) But for the sake of everyone's sanity, I think we've both decided that we're not going to tell anyone.

Last night was actually somewhat emotional. The day before was when we decided officially that we were going to start trying. Here's the issues though, no health insurance, and we don't have a ton of disposable income. So last night we talked for about 45 minutes on whether or not we wanted to retract our previous decision. Ultimately, we decided that it was indeed time to TTC. Although both of us agreed two things; first, that things will always work themselves out, and second, no matter *what* our lives are like, if we base the decision on where our current situation is, it's *never* going to be the right time. There's nothing overtly wrong that would make right now a disaster. It would be, quite simply, an amazing blessing!
May 1st, 2010, 05:02 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Hi Michelle

Congrats on making the decision to TTC. I really do agree with you when you say things have a way of working themselves out.

I think you will love the support your receive from all the wonderful ladies on here. It is a really good group and I wish I would have found it from day 1. I look forward to getting to know you along this journey but honestly.... I hope your stay is short and sweet

I'm Sam BTW and I have been TTC 18 cycles. Are you going to chart? We love to stalk them around here
May 1st, 2010, 05:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Michelle! I'm Judy (30) and this is our 6th cycle of TTC with DH (also 30). You are going to love having a journal. You'll get lots of support and advice

Congrats on making the decision to TTC. I hope your stay will be short and sweet

Wow your parents are really gungho huh? Well if their constant questions start to get to you, maybe you can tell them you are trying and they will lay off? It depends on what kind of people they are I guess, you never know whether people will lay off or even ask more questions! Good luck!!
Where are you in your cycle?

Baby girl born Feb 2013

May 2nd, 2010, 07:42 AM
Hi guys! Yes I've already started a chart on the fertilityfriend site, but I'm still in the process of trying to figure it all out, and my lack of BBT thermometer isn't making for a very interesting chart at the moment. But I'm planning on picking one up at Walgreens tomorrow. So I'll be on my way!

This coming month will actually be our first cycle TTC, I'm SO excited!! We've been not trying not preventing for about.. heh.. 2 years. But my cycles were always pretty regular so it's been easy to tell when I've been ovulating, although I think I may have had a few miscarriages in the past. Either that, or they just happened to be ill timed cycles. (Like this month... grrr.)

According to my regular 28 days cycle I'm about a week late, but if I get stressed out being a week late is pretty normal. And since I'm still in school (getting my MBA) this coming week is finals week, so of course I've been a little stressed.

If everything works out I should be graduating in December. But... ya never know. If the economy still sucks, I may try to squeeze in a few more classes and postpone graduation. The DH should also be finishing his Paramedic training around the same time, which is what makes TTC right now perfect timing.

Speaking of finals, the DH is pestering me from across the room to get to studying. So I should probably do that. Ugh. I hate accounting. If someone would like to take my accounting final on Tuesday, I would seriously love you forever.
May 2nd, 2010, 10:43 AM
on graduating! That's awesome! I really want to go back and get my MBA since a lot of pp in my field have them. I just went for psychology, thinking I was going to be helping people. I never thought I would end up in business. I am SO happy for you.

I can't wait to stalk your chart I also have been using a Walgreen's BBT-- it doesn't seem to be as accurate as I would like but it is better than the one from CVS and Walmart.

Good luck on your accounting final!!
May 2nd, 2010, 06:43 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to say hello I am Nayomi.

Thanks Jaidynsmums for my siggy

Their ages in Sept!
Nephews Lorenzo,Charlie both 6
Nieces Tamara 2years old , Arielle 6 month old Lillian 1 mos!
Oct
my nephews will be Charlie 6 & Lorenzo 6
nieces Tamara 2, Arielle 7 months Lillian 2 mos

Nov
nephews Charlie 6, Lorenzo 6
niecesTamara 2, Arielle 8 months Lillian 3 mos

Dec
nephews Charlie 6, Lorenzo 6
nieces Tamara 2, Arielle 9 months, Lillian 4 mos

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 postsAug 17,14 400 posts
May 3rd, 2010, 06:18 AM

Still no AF. AHHHHHHHHHH! I'm picking up yet another test today. I think is even more disconcerting to think that I'm *not* actually pregnant and there's something seriously wrong. I mean, a few weeks ago I was having all the traditional symptoms: extreme fatigue, excessive thirst, dizziness, lower abdominal stretching. But now... nothing. Nothing at all. Not even PMS symptoms that might tell me that I'm at least going to get another chance in a few weeks.

I'm sure it's nothing. And I'm trying to tell myself to not stress out about it. But still. I just want an answer. Yes, or no... just a definitive answer either way would be great. I don't take ambiguity very well. :/
May 4th, 2010, 11:22 AM
FINALLY!

AF came today. About **** time! The 2ww turned into a 3ww which just about nearly killed me.

On a good note: now that both DH and I are on the same page about TTC instead of NTNP this is actually our first cycle trying, which should be, uh, interesting. Fun, I'm sure, since it's something new.

And in exactly 6 hours I should be officially DONE with my accounting class this semester. I'm thinking that the stupid final was the reason AF felt like waiting an extra week. But then, just one more presentation for my marketing class (a marketing class I actually like which helps me not be so stressed out about it, and it's a group presentation which actually makes it a little easier) on Thursday and I'm done done done with this semester! Then... lots of BD time this summer. *blush* Tee hee.
May 4th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi there! Welcome to journaling!! You'll love it! I'm glad AF finally came! Good luck on your first 'official' ttc cycle! I don't have a BBT either, but plan to buy one if I'm not pregnant by cycle #3.

May 4th, 2010, 04:19 PM
JuiceF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Michelle, welcome to journaling, I am Justyna (26) and DH is Chris (26) and if AF shows her ugly face.. I will be on my 4th cycle of TTC.
Your going to love journals.. hope you enjoy it here.

Wow, your parents are really crazy the grandkiddies, I would do the same thing about not telling them.. bc they will drive you up the wall even more. My uncle is excactly like your parents, my mom and dad are just nervous to be grandparents (they think they are young.. my dad is 52 and my is 48.. so I guess that`s young.. anyways sorry for hijacking your journal.

Hopefully your final went well and you won`t have to worry about it... and yay for almost graduating!!
May 5th, 2010, 12:30 PM
My parents are 50 and 51 and they are SO ready to be grandparents is almost obnoxious. I say "almost", but honestly, it's kind of cute. They've been talking about it for about 5 years, but it only just got *really* bad in the last 6 months or so.

Today is: CD2
Feeling: Easily Agitated
Accomplished Today: 3 loads of laundry, washed a pile of smelly dishes (when we finally buy a house I can't *wait* to get a dishwasher) and I finished a PowerPoint for my marketing presentation tomorrow.

After tomorrow I'll be free of school, yay! For the semester anyway. I think I did decent on my Accounting test yesterday. I'm hoping for a B+, but to be honest, I'd be just as happy with a C. If I get a C I think I'd still pull off a B for the semester which is all I need to pass the class. I really don't know why they made a "B" the passing grade in Master's classes. I mean, at least give us a C, geez. Either way, I *think* I got a B for the test yesterday, but I really won't know until next week.

Ho, hum.
May 5th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's great that you'll be officially TTC this cycle! What are you planning to do, other than the obvious?

Good luck hon!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

May 5th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I'm glad af showed-- but that is the last time you will hear me say that

Welcome to the world of actively TTC. I look forward to reading your journal and getting to know you better. I'm glad that it looks like you did well in your classes. It's nice to have a break soon.
May 6th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Servilia View Post
That's great that you'll be officially TTC this cycle! What are you planning to do, other than the obvious?
A few days before I started this cycle I started taking some baby asprin and today I picked up some prenatal vitamins. I should have picked up a thermometer while I was at target (they were even on sale!) but I didn't. If it takes a few months I'll certainly pick one up. Other than that... that's really about it. I mean, ya know, other than lots of "nap time" with the hubby. Here's hoping!

Today is: CD3
Mood: Frustrated (Will explain below)
Accomplished today: Did the final group presentation for my marketing class...

Which did not go well. AT ALL. The teacher actually got up and left before we finished, yelling at us saying that we did a terrible job and she was immensely disappointed in our group. I hate group projects. There were 5 of us, and only 3 of us actually DID anything. We three made the incredibly ignorant decision to give the other two responsibilities, which of course, they didn't do. So the final presentation was simply incomplete and terrible. The prof even said that my portion and the other two parts which were done by people who actually *knew* what we were talking about was actually quite good. But it ALL fell apart when the other two guys started talking. Ugh.

I actually had kind of an out of body experience when I realized that she was indeed displeased and, yes, she was in fact yelling at us. Kind of like a "Is this really happening? Yes... yes, this IS happening."

The up side is that, although this was technically the final, we are getting a second chance. We can either accept the grade of 60% on the final or she'll count grade as "incomplete" so that the group can put together a report. And after getting A's all semester there's NO way I was going to settle for a D.

I was talking with the other girl in the group and we are both hoping that these two freeloading deadbeats take the bad grade and let us do the project like we should have done from the beginning.

And to be honest, I felt like such a girl... I wasn't upset or disappointed that I was getting a bad grade, I was upset because I let down our professor. It's a terrible feeling because I really respected her a whole lot.

Oh well. At least she's giving us a second chance. Right?
May 7th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Michelle I think your plan sounds great and I hope it works!!

As for your presentation, I am sooo sorry. I know how it is when you feel you have let down a prof you respect. After high school I never really got involved in classes where we had group projects.. which is just as well because I'm a control freak and would have ended up doing all the work. I hope you end up getting a much better grade at the end of it!!

Hey we're almost cycle buddies!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

May 13th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Today is: CD10
Feeling: Motivated
Accomplished: Well, it's only 9:30, so I haven't gotten a chance to do much of anything, but I did start some bread. It's rising in the oven right now. It's the "Cheesy Italian Pan Bread" recipe I found on the back of the flour bag. Should be good.
To do Today: Need to work on my website. It's pretty awful and I mean, who's going to hire a graphic designer with a crappy website? Going to get my freelancing up and running over the summer and hopefully would like to get a few clients by the end of the summer. But first! I must learn Flash and proper web design programs. So I'm going to start attacking that today.

Last night we met with our professor to discuss the project from hell. We've been working insanely hard on it for the past week trying to get it done as quick as possible. She said we've done amazingly well getting all the stuff together over the past week, we just have a few more things to get to her then we should be done! Yay!

As for the other class... the Accounting class from hell, I ended up getting a B. So yay again! I passed!
May 22nd, 2010, 06:48 AM
Been SO crazy lately, but I think that everything getting back to "normal". For now. I keep getting new clients for my freelance graphic designing. Jeez... all these people wanting to give me money and stuff. lols Anyway...

Today is: 5dpo (eeee!!! 5 days in and the TWW is *killing* me)
Feeling: flighty, scatterbrained, ADD... etc.
Accomplished: Oh! So I set up my home page for my chart since I finally got a thermometer. Looka! Took me like 20 freaking minutes to figure out how to get the chart to show up... but I was smarter than it and figured it out.

Now, to figure out how to get the ticker to work for my signature!
May 22nd, 2010, 08:18 AM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, and welcome! I'm Lex and DH is Daniel, I agree with you that there never is a "right" time and as long as both are ready emotionally and want to be parents, and the situation isn't BAD, to go for it!

I love your template for posts (today is, feeling, accomplished) I might even steal it if you don't mind LOL.

May 28th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Michelle,
Long time no talk! You must be about 11DPO now.. excited about Oing? We wanna see your chart!
This is how you put it in your sig..
When you finish making your ticker, it gives some codes, like BBCode, etc... just copy and paste the BBCode into your signature.

Have a great weekend!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

June 24th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are you????

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search