Kat83's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2010, 09:00 AM
My name is Kat and this is the first time that I've ever done anything on a message board so it's gonna take a little getting used to . I am 26 years old and will be turning 27 in December, me and my boyfriend (27, will be 28 in September) have been dating for almost 2 years (our anniversary is in September) and we have decided to start actively trying to conceive. We have been NTNP for about a year now without conceiving, and this has brought up some personal issues for me that I have just recently told my boyfriend about. I have wanted a child for some time now but have been waiting for my boyfriend to be ready to start trying to conceive, his opinion on the matter was that he would like to finish school first, however if it happened it wasn't a big deal for him. Things have changed a little though, I know that some people would look down on us for having a child together before we are married, but we have every intention of getting married and we will be getting a house in the next few months with plenty of room for an expanding family. I was married once already and it didn't work out that is one reason I'm not in a rush to get married, although I have had thoughts that if I had stayed in that relationship I may already have a child, but I know that it wouldn't have been the right environment to raise a child in. Anyway, the fact that I have been off of the pill for about a year and a half, and have not been using any other form of contraception, and have not gotten pregnant yet has brought up the question of whether or not I can have children. I plan on getting one of those at home fertility tests to check any issues I may have in the next week or so, and if the test shows that I am able to conceive then I plan on using the Ovulation Tests as well if I don't have any luck trying to figure that part out on my own. If anyone out there has any advice for me I would appreciate any help that you can give me.

Last edited by Kat83; June 11th, 2010 at 08:54 PM.
May 30th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Hi Kat. Congrats on starting a journal. There are a lot of girls on here that are not married. You will not be judged because of that, this is such an amazing group of girls.

I definitely recommend OPK's. In fact I think I could give up everything else but OPK's. However, you may want to temp as well. Temping shows you that you are ovulating, it shows how long your luteal phase is and has been a good diagnostic tool for me as well. I mention this only because I have been trying for 19 cycles and only the last 5 I have charted. I really wish I would have done it sooner.

You may just want to start the free trial on fertility friend ( ff).

I wish you the best of luck, I hope you post often here in the journal section. Journals have helped me keep my sanity and I look forward to getting to know you. Hopefully your stay will be short and sweet
May 30th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Thank's for the warm welcome Hockey247 . Today had to be bring your babies to Old Time Pottery day. I swear every where I turned at work today there was a baby, there was one woman that came thru my register that had a set of twin boys less than a year old, they were adorable. I can get a bit depressed on days like these because it just reminds me of what I don't have yet, but I'm trying to stay on the positive side and hope that my time to be a mommy comes soon. Then of course I have a baby be around so much it's almost like he's mine, my boyfriend's sister has two boys a 4 year old and a 1 year old. I'm at her apartment everyday right now because that's where my boyfriend is living when he's not here at my parent's house with me, so when I'm over there I help out with the boys.
May 30th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Kat! You're going to love having a journal!
I hope you don't have to wait long for your BFP.
Are you cycles regular? I agree with Sam on starting an account with Fertility Friend. It's really helped me with learning about my body.
By the way I'm Judy (30) and DH is 30 too and we've been TTC for 7 cycles now, with one loss 2 months ago. I hope we both get our BFPs soon!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

May 31st, 2010, 04:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!!!
I just entered into journal-world here myself Although I feel awful, b/c with it being the holiday w/e I've been MIA !!! But just wanted to say hello, and welcome! I'm Jen...my DH & I have been TTC x 2yrs, still waiting and waiting, hoping it will happen here someday Good luck & nice to meet ya !

June 6th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys . Well I haven't started my BBT chart yet but have everything to start it, the reason being is that I haven't started my cycle yet. My cycles are usually pretty regular, starting the first week of the month, but I either missed my period in April or May or it came about 2 weeks late or 2 weeks early. Whatever the case is when it did finally come it was with some extremely painful cramps, they were so bad that I couldn't move and had to leave work because of it, I actually had to call my boyfriend to come drive me home. I know everyone has told me to go to the doctor to find out what is going on, however I don't make enough money to go to the doctor and because I'm part-time at work I don't have any insurance to go. I have decided that I'm gonna try to go to my local planned parenting clinic to get checked out even though it's gonna cost me about $100 for one appointment, but I think that $100 is worth knowing what's wrong. I've also started doing some research I went to my local library and checked out 5 books on fertility and how to boost your chances at conceiving: Making Babies by Samie S. David, MD and Jill Blakeway, LAc; Fertility DeMystified by Susan Warhus, M.D.; The Fertility Diet by Jorge E. Chavarro, MD, ScD, and Walter C. Willett, MD, DrPH; Understanding Fertility and Infertility by Carol Turkington and Michael M. Alper, M.D.; and Enhancing Fertility by Chris Meletis, N.D., and Liz Brown. Right now I'm on Making Babies and I have already learned some things about my cycle that I didn't know before, like cervical fluid, cervix position, and why your BBT is important. This book also has a BBT chart that you can go online and print out that also tracks cervical position and cervical mucus. I am also starting to take prenatal vitamins and we started using insteads after intercourse. Hopefully I can figure out what if anything is wrong with me, and try to fix whatever may need to be fixed as naturally as possible because I can't afford any big medical bills right now.
June 6th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good for you for checking out those books!!
I'm sorry you can't really go to the doctor, but I agree with going to PP, maybe they can help you! Have a great Sunday!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

June 7th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
It's great that you are educating yourself! The only book I have read is Making Babies and it was great. Of course I love the Infertility Cure
June 8th, 2010, 06:02 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to TTC #1 journals!!!! Im Stefanie You will love the ladies here they are amazing and they've been life savors for me.

Yay for reading up...may I also suggest Taking Charge of Your Fertility...it is my favorite TTC book that really helped me when I first started TTC.

I look forward to reading your journal and getting to know ya!! Feel free to jump in on the main board too

June 11th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Today was a really bad emotional roller coaster of a day for me. Yesterday I found out that one of the girls I know through my boyfriend's family is pregnant. I'm happy for her, but I know about some of the bad habits she has and can't help but wonder what I'm doing wrong or what's wrong with me when someone like her can get pregnant so easily without even trying to and I can't . I know I sound selfish and childish by saying things like that but I want a child so badly and I get extremely emotional over the subject. Today was bad because I went to work and for about the first hour I was there I was on the verge of tears and eventually had to excuse myself to the restroom just so that I could cry because I couldn't hold it in anymore. I feel like I'm just venting to the world information that no-one really cares about, but that's what these journals are for right lol. I'm still depressed about this situation however I feel that talking and getting feedback from women going through what I'm going through is helping me relieve some of the stress and anxiety I'm feeling. So thank you to everyone that gives advice and words of encouragement.
June 11th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you had a bad day.. I think we all get those feelings sometimes.. like why such and such person and not us!! It's just not fair! And you're wrong when you say no one cares, we do!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

June 12th, 2010, 03:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the board, and good luck on your TTC journey!

June 20th, 2010, 08:34 AM
I bought the first response fertility test the other day and took one this morning and it showed that my fsh levels are in the normal range. The only thing I'm not sure of is that it says that it needs to be taken on the 3rd day of your cycle (didn't notice this until after I had already started using the test), it isn't the 3rd day of my cycle, and I haven't had a cycle in about 2 months. Does anyone know how this may affect this test? I've already taken several pregnancy tests and they have all come out negative, so I don't have any ideas on why I haven't had a cycle in the past couple of months. My cycle is normally pretty regular having only a couple of days difference if there's any difference from month to month. This is the second time that I have had this happen, I'm still trying to save up the money to be able to go to Planned Parenting to have a checkup, so hopefully when I go I can get some answers on my situation.
June 20th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about what you are going through.... have you thought about taking an opk just to see what that saids???? I hope you get your answers very soon!!!
June 25th, 2010, 09:05 PM
I finally started my cycle yesterday ,so I was able to start my bbt chart for the first time to keep track of everything. I will also be retaking my fertility test in the morning before I go to work. But for now it is time for bed.
June 25th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Kat
Yes it's a good idea to retake the test because the first one wouldn't have been accurate since it wasn't on CD3. Good luck with the test!!
I'm sorry your cycles decided to go all wonky on you.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

June 26th, 2010, 05:03 AM
JuiceF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Kat, my name is Justyna and I just noticed your journal this morning. Sorry!
I am on my 5th cycle of TTC.

And please know that we care, and you can vent to any of us anytime. We have all be through it all.

I am glad you started your cycle... I hope going to the planned parenthood clinic will give you all the answers.

June 27th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Well I re-took the fertility test yesterday morning and got the same result as last time so my levels are still in the normal range which takes a bit off my mind. Now I'm keeping my bbt chart, is it normal to have a low temp? The highest so far has been this morning which was 97.4 the first three days were at 97.2 and on the chart that I have the lowest temp reading is 97. Because this is my first time tracking this stuff it just seems a bit odd to me that my temp is so low. Thank you all for your support and advice it has really helped me through some of my stress.
June 27th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Kat - yay for a normal result! That must be reassuring
I wouldn't worry about your temp - it seems normal to me. I always have temps that low and even lower before my ovulation.
Good luck

Baby girl born Feb 2013

June 27th, 2010, 09:42 AM
JuiceF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Kat, I agree with Judy, low temps are ok.. I usually get low temps too.

sweetie!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search