Tara's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
heheheh "marshalls law"...i have to laugh because ive always call it murphys law(and so does everyone i know)....i wonder if thats a states/canada thing??? lol! either way...whoevers law it is i hope it kicks into effect!!! haahhaha!!

thanks for the cabbage roll tips judy! i will have to see if i can find the pickled ones....or atleast cook them a bit first
*grumble grumble* stupid HST......lol!! really though, the only thing that it seems to effect in my life is going out to restaurants....fuel and groceries havn't changed, and they were the 2 things i was going to be mad about if they were more expensive!!

CD: 48

FEELING.... EMOTIONALLY: really good actually! its a beautifull day so i took dave for a walk this morning and then had a massage appt. in the afternoon...yup...defiantely relaxed and happy PHYSICALLY: good and my shoudlers feel so nnice after that massage too!

ACCOMPLISHMENT OF THE DAY: i had a good workout this morning...got some errands done...and thats about it...basically just a good recovery day from yesterday(it was my sisters bridal shower-and i was the one who organized and hosted the whole thing! so that counts as my entire weekend accomplishment,lol)

STRUGGLE/FRUSTRATION OF THE DAY: just the same ol' story...irratated at my cycle! i had creamy CM a couple days ago..yesterday and today were more watery...so, according to what ive read and from advice ive gotten from TTC #1 board(thanks ladies ) i might be about to ovulate? which is confusing because im SURE i ovulated on CD11 because i had EWCM....follwed a week later by spotting....so perhaps that was supposed to be my period and now im on another cycle?? or maybe this creamy then watery CM just means AF is around the corner.....i dont know...but what i DO know is that im buyind OPK's for my next cycle!!

TO END ON A POSITIVE NOTE.... in a couple hours im heading over to a friends place for dinner and to watch the bachelorette ..and thats always a good time
July 9th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Just stopping in to say hi

That massage sounds heavenly

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!!
July 10th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
HI Tara. I'm sorry your cycle is so frustrating.. I wish I could see your chart! I think Stef responded on your thread on the main board, to help you link your chart.
Yay for the massage!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

July 12th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thanks sam, i did actually have a fantastic weekend my sisters wedding was on saturday and another friend of mine had her bridal shower on sunday!! busy busy but lots of fun!

and thank you judy! i think im beyond frustration now... i just feel hopeless and wish something would just hurry up and happen so i can feel like im actually TRYING to concieve, not just throwing shots in the dark *sigh*
.....my chart isn't too too exciting yet since i dont have a BBT, but im going to go get one this week sometime i think i was going to wait untill AF showed, but i might as well get into the habit now...

Last edited by LiveLoveLaugh; July 12th, 2010 at 03:51 PM.
July 12th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a super busy, but fun weekend!!! I so hope that AF shows soon! When will you go see your doctor?
July 14th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thanks Deb, i sure hope so too!!!!i went to acupuncture yesterday and she focused strictly on blood flow and getting things moving...so hopeuflly that will help!!
i was going to see my doctor this week, but hes on holidays! so i have an appointment in 2 weeks im still hoping that i get AF before then and it ends up being an unneccessary appt. though!
July 15th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
CD: 58........and feelin pretty down about it

FEELING.... EMOTIONALLY: totally drained and frustrated PHYSICALLY: exhausted and crappy...
ACCOMPLISHMENT OF THE DAY: nothing really too exciting..i came into work and its been pretty dead so far

STRUGGLE/FRUSTRATION OF THE DAY: i am just so friggen frustrated, physically and mentally exhausted, anxious, and nervous that theres soemthing wrong with me and TTC is going to be a long journey... and all those other wonderfull things.....i totally snapped at andrew last night over something i normally wouldnt...not sure if its the frustrations getting to me, or PMS? or both probably? but now i feel even crappier for getting so mad over nothing...*sigh* my guess is ill probably have a good cry tonight when we sit down for a talk (i was far too mad last night to have a productive conversation,lol)
TO END ON A POSITIVE NOTE.... im going to go stay with a really good friend of mine this weekend! YAY! she used to be my neighbour growing up and weve kept in touch all these years (although i dont see her as much as id like and she only lives a few hours away!) anyways, i TOTALLY need this de-stresser weekend!! we have a day of kayaking planned and go-karting and of course a night out on the town should be a great weekend to kick back, relax,and have some fun!
July 15th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that weekend sounds AMAZING!!!! just RELAX and enjoy your time with your friend this weekend...

as far as the no show on your period... I know how that is... been there done that... *sigh* its NOT FUN!!!! for me... I didnt have a period on my own for 5 years... but I was on BC for most of that time ... I think it takes your body to get use to doing what its suppose to do after coming off of bc... sorry it really sucks!! but maybe when you go see your doctor they might put you on porvera which is a drug that will make you have a period... for me I was on it every month for 4 months with clomid... and then I just stopped taking them both because they both gave me bad headaches... then I waited for 5 or 6 months and finally had my OWN period... Im not trying to make you feel like crap about that... that was just my messed up body... EVERYONE is diff. and plus who knows maybe your doctor wont give you provera this early... but I hope your doctor can figure out what will work best for you to get your BFP!!!! good luck!
July 15th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thanks for the sympathy and insight jessica!! maybe ill just keep waiting it out without drugs..cause if you were on and off, on and off, and on only to go off BCP again and just wait it out, my best bet might be to just wait it out from teh beggining...i get bad enough headaches on my own- i dont need drugs to help me get more! lol!!! and from what ive been reading online about those drugs most people have the same reaction as you...they only have a period while theyre on the drugs and it doesnt help their body do it on their own anyways.....
hmmmm...i dont know...just thinking(typing?) out loud...ill see what the doc has to say

on another positive note, andrew and i talked about last night and it went really well
heres what happened last night(if you feel so inclinded to read about my rediculous random tantrum shinanagins,aahhha!!): we were busy running around all evening and i said i had to get home to get some work done, so we got home a bit late and i was doing all i could to get it done before bed...but it was getting later and later and it was well past bedtime when i was finished. but whatever, thats how it goes.... but before i went to bed i checked to see if andrew has made his lunch for work the next day, annnnnd he hadn't....im usually the one to make it for him because he always forgets and id rather him eat a healthy lunch and not waste money on fast food.... but i figured since i was up late that he might make it for himself. ANYways, i went in the bedroom and asked why he hadn't made his lunch and he just kinda half-asleep mumbled and shrugged, and at that point all the stress of the day i had(work was rough) the being up late and over tired, combined with my terrible frustration/anxiousness/fear etc. etc. with waiting for AF to show up i just SNAPPED! lol! "how is it fair that im up late and you cant even remember to make a lunch....i feel so under-appreiciated" etc. etc. etc....i went out into the kitchen to make sandwhiches cursing the WHOLE time and making probably more than sufficient noise...andrew came out of the bedroom and got the rest of his lunch stuff together while im still ranting and raving about nothing inparticular at this point...*curse curse curse* ungratefull for me always making your lunch *curse curse curse* now i got stupid peanut butter on the stupid counter *curse curse curse* and the dogs havnt been out yet *curse curse curse* hahahahah!!!!! i have to laugh now cause it was rediculous!!!!
but anyways........after i told him why i was upset he said he was sorry..and then i laughed at how rediculous i was being and apologized for over reacting and yeah..so all is fine and i bet he will remember that tantrum next time hes about to head to bed and im still up, hahahah!!!!!

Last edited by LiveLoveLaugh; July 15th, 2010 at 09:24 PM.
July 16th, 2010, 09:31 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Men!!!

Well, I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your friend! And I'm glad to see you started to temp now instead of waiting! Getting in the habit now is a great thing and gives us chart-stalkers something to stalk!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

July 16th, 2010, 10:53 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like something I would do...my DH is would be lost if I didnt keep him on track

About AF...i just started researching castor oil packs for my fibroid and Im going to talk to my TCM doctor about it on Monday. But some of the things Ive read say if placed on the abdomen "it increases circulation and to promote elimination and healing of the tissues and organs underneath the skin" So you might want to research it...maybe there is a natural way to get AF to show up.

Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned...hope ya have a blast with your BFF!!

July 16th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
lol jackie!!! well im glad to help out your chart-stalking addiction ...which ive decided is a healthy addiction because im slowly becoming an addict too.....lol!
...and while im on the chart stalking topic ....anyone have a guess for my chart(as far as where the temperatures are sitting?) since im just learning this is a guess, but it looks like PRE-O temps since theyre lower...?? so perhaps i havnt even O'd yet??? *grumble, grumble*

and stef! the castor oil packs sound verrrrry interesting! looks like it is used to help irregular or problematic periods....so hopefully my doc will have some insight into that aswell!! but im still hoping that AF shows up before my docs appointment.....ive been having some strange new cramp-like feelings in my abdomen(where i would guess O-pain would come from-never had it before, lol)....its fairly light though, not enough to call painfull....maybe this could be the beggining of O pains??? i have no freakin clue!!!! lol!!!

Happy Weekend everyone!

Last edited by LiveLoveLaugh; July 17th, 2010 at 10:06 AM.
July 18th, 2010, 06:27 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Tara! I am not really sure yet about the chart because not enough temps, but if you keep temping it will become clear Hope you are having a great weekend!!!
July 19th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope you had a great weekend! And have fun chart stalking!

July 19th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Tara I hope you had a nice weekend

I looked at your chart - those would be post-O temps for me, but I tend to have lower temps than others overall. Good luck!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

July 19th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
good to know judy!!!! ive been looking at "the average" pre and post O temp and i defiantely seem to be lower, so knowing that some people are that low after O helps sort out my confusion ....i wish i would have starting temping sooner,hahaha!

CD: 62....but have been having some cramping, hoping its a sign of AF! its gotta be! cause i very much doubt im pregnant!(took a FRER saturday just for kicks...BFN of course, but had to be sure before going and enjoying my girls weekend!! lol!!)

FEELING.... EMOTIONALLY: excellent, all refreshed and relaxed PHYSICALLY: sore from kayaking all day sunday! but its that good kinda burn like ive been to the gym and brutalized myself,hahahahah!
ACCOMPLISHMENT OF THE DAY: well, my goal this weekend was to do nothing but have fun...so i guess i accomplished that!

STRUGGLE/FRUSTRATION OF THE DAY: im sad i had to leave campbell river today
TO END ON A POSITIVE NOTE.... i had such an amazing weekend and couldn't be happier right now! saturday night we just hung around drinking wine and reminiscing(sp??) about when we were younger weve known each other forever(she was 5 i was 8 when we met) and we have soooo many memories together and shes just one of those awesome people that you cant help but be happy and positive around her.
sunday we kayaked all day, and went out and partied that night(even did kareokee,lol!) and today we went swimming at this really cool place called the oyster river potholes...its this spot in the river where it theres these pools to swim in that are divided by little waterfalls
heres a facebook photo album of my adventures in campbell river(please excuse my random drunk pictures,lol!!):
Tara John's Photos - Adventures in Campbell River | Facebook

Last edited by LiveLoveLaugh; July 19th, 2010 at 08:30 PM.
July 20th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
OK- so I know where my next vacation is going to be! Those pictures are so freaking gorgeous!! I swear I think I am in love!! I am sooooo happy you had a great time-- it looks fantastic!!

Just an FYI-- I was temping for months before I realized that I was taking my **** temp wrong. Make sure that you are sticking the thermometer in the back corner of your mouth. They say if it doesn't hurt-- its not in the right place. I was taking my temp in the front part of my mouth and well, yeah, my temps were a while degree lower in most cases and I did this for at least 3 months. The whole time I thought my thyroid was shutting down etc.

I'm so happy to see your chart though
July 20th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
looks like you girls had a BLAST!!!!! I cant wait for my BFF to come next weekend!!!!

good thinking about trying to wait it out... I think thats prob. your best bet... it SUCKS to wait... but I think I would have rather waited then to take those pills and have the headaches from HELL!!! I get migrianes already and those just plain old SUCKED!!!! the only reason why I kept taking the provera was because I didnt have a period for sooooooooooo long... and the last time my hubby and I were TTC I didnt have a period for almost a full year!!! so yeah...
July 20th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Wizza's Avatar TTC our first since 2009
Your vacation pictures are great! It looks like you guys had a fantastic time. I hope your cycle decides to do something different soon!

July 21st, 2010, 12:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the advice Sam! i knew it had to be under my tongue towards the back, but didn't realize it was that important to make sure its all the way back! so i will make sure to do that ......and defiantely an amazing vacation spot!(particularly july/august) vancouver island, BC, check it out lol!

...that defiantely sounds like a frutrating journey jess! im sorry for that are you somewhat regular-ish now?? ......and thats exciting that your BFF is coming over next weeknd! any big plans?

thanks melissa! we did have a good time, and we vowed to do it again soon! lol!! and thanks for the dust too!! anything to help get this cycle moving! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search