Tara's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2010, 07:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wellllll, i might as well start one of these...we'll just have to see how dedicated i am to writing in here though lol!
My name is Tara(25) and DH is Andrew(26) and weve been together for 8 1/2 years(married for 1 1/2) we have 3 furbabies: dave, jasmine and gus. and we have just started our journey in TTC and i still can't believe were actually HERE! lol!! we both just warmed up to the idea of having kids at the end of last year when we were spending alot of time with our friends daughter-who we have been calling our adopted niece,lol! shes almost 2 now and just watching her grow and learn is the most amazing thing! and we cant think of anything we want more than to have our own little one!
this is my first month off of birth control; which was actually unintentional! we planned to start TTC in september when we go on vacation....but last month i went to go pickup a nuvaring-but i had run out of perscriptions and wouldnt make it to my doc on time to get a new one!...so we just figured, what the heck! lets just do it!
soooooooo, this cycle has been a confusing one so far! i took a guess when i would be ovulationg based on a 28 day cycle(i havn't been temping or anything yet, figured id go through atleast one cycle first) and on the day i figured i should be ovulating i had the craziest EWCM! it stretched like 3 inches and i was like lets DO IT!!! lol! (even though my doc suggested using condoms for a month so i know how long my cycles are-making pinpointing a duedate easier...but i was so excited that i just chose not to,lol! but remember this cause ill come back to it biting me in the butt in a sec!) so anyways...we BD, and a week later i get some spotting-which i realized COULD be IB..but doubtfull, so i wrote it off as breakthrough bleeding.... then a week after that i start getting all these symptoms(stomach aches/nausea/headache/bloated/feeling faint/ cramping) and for the last week and a half thats how i have felt..constantly....and as of today my period is 5 days late (which is just probably just from adjusting to no BC)
SO, based on everything i saw my doc today just to make sure everything was ok....told him all my symptoms, he checked out my stomach and figured out what it was; basically the opening at the bottom of my stomach is overactive (which happens with stress or anxiousness) and when i eat it fills up fast cause its not exiting my stomach as fast as it should-resulting in all of my stomach upset problems....
HOWEVER....just as i was about to leave he said so keep using the condoms(which is where i said we kiiiinda hadn't been using them) then he laughed at me(in a joking way) and then said well dont take your doctors advice and make life easy! you very well could be pregnant, no wonder youre so nervous! ........ .....then he said if things havn't changed in a couple weeks come back and see him......
....so here i am......waiting....wondering.......*sigh*......and before anyone asks, on saturday i took a First response Pg test and came up with a BFN......so most likely its the over ative stomach thing and a late confused period....maybe.....???? now i regret my decision to omit the condoms for the first month! lol!!!

Last edited by LiveLoveLaugh; June 21st, 2010 at 07:22 PM.
June 21st, 2010, 07:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to journaling! You'll love it!

I don't blame you for being anxious to start! I hope that your cycles get under control soon, and that you get that BFP soon after! Good luck and I look forward to getting to know you!

June 21st, 2010, 08:20 PM
Nayomi80's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome to J.M.
June 22nd, 2010, 08:01 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
for starting a journal!! They're a great place to be able to get out all the things that rattle around your head. It's certainly made my journey more bearable!

I don't blame you for being excited to get started! Tons of EWCM is hard to ignore and let pass by!

I hope your TTC journey is a short and sweet one! I look forward to getting to know you better over the coming weeks...

Best of Luck & Baby

June 22nd, 2010, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
.......thaaaank you acupuncture!

forgot to post yesterday that i went to my acupuncturist aswell (have been going for a year to keep my tension headaches away ) and while i was there i asked about acupuncture for regulating my cycle and fertility-and i didn't realize acupuncture for these reasons was so popular!!! so my session yesterday was WAY different than normal, but hopefully its helping! the one thing i notice today is my bloating is GONE!!!!! ive been terribly bloated for the past few days-so much that i looked about 4-5months pregnant! and i know it wasn't just in my head because our receptionist actually ASKED if i was pregnant!! talk about awkward!!! "i dont..think so????" lol!!! and my stomach ache problem is ALOT better today aswell!! i have some new cramping in my lower abdomen-that im guessing could be AF cramps?? ive never actually had them before so im not 100% sure.....lol! i keep having this 'internal argument' with myself that it could be pregnancy cramps..but thats rediculous, it couldn't be...but it could...hahahahha!!

and thank-you ladies!!!! i keep laughing at myself for not listening to my doc...but at the same time this is how i rationalized it: i asked a bunch of people if they used condoms or some kind of protection for a month and not a single one of them had!(and some got pregnant that first month) most people asked me why would you do that anyways? lol!!! so i figure if no one ever does it why should i bother cause its not like its a health risk or anything! but it definately would of made it easier to know if im experiencing AF or PG symptoms!! ARGH! lol
June 22nd, 2010, 12:44 PM
Nayomi80's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love your siggy, do you know what cycle day you are on?
June 22nd, 2010, 12:48 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Tara & welcome to the journal world! I didn't use any kind of protection the first month off of BCP, and it made me loony waiting on the witch. It seemed like everything (symptoms) were so much stronger being off of the pill! My first cycle off the pill (I was on it for 9+ years) was 39 days, so to me the witch was almost 2 weeks "late". It made my crazy! So hang in there. Hopefully you'll get some answers soon and you won't have to guess what your body is doing. I want to wish you lots of luck on your TTC journey!
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever.

BABY BOY- 7/13/15 @ 34 weeks 6 days

June 22nd, 2010, 01:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks superwoman!! and CD35 today.....

and good to know jackie, thanks!! i just wish something would happen soon so i can figure out what my bodys doing! lol!
June 22nd, 2010, 05:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Tara!
I got confused about your name.. most people have their name in their siggy so I thought your name was Jasmine - until I realized that was the doggie's name!!

Anyway, welcome to journaling You're going to love it. I hope your stay is short and sweet!!

Oh yeah, which century is your doc from? Let him know they have these nifty gadgets these days called ultrasounds that can date your pregnancy pretty accurately I agree with not bothering to use BC

Baby girl born Feb 2013

June 22nd, 2010, 06:05 PM
JuiceF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Tara!! Welcome to the wonderful world of journaling (sp?) and who are we kidding, we don't always listen to our docs!! that's why they still have their jobs!!

Yay for acupuncture!! I hope your cycle is normal soon and you will be staring at a nice big fat positive!! xoxox
June 23rd, 2010, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
hehehe, no worries about the name! i thought it was cute! lol!
and yeah, my docs a little old school-but hes brilliant and super nice, so ill take it,ahhahah!!!!

and thanks! im hoping acupuncture does the trick too!! atleast it got rid of all my crappy symptoms-be it PG or jsut cycle regulating! ....now if i could only get rid of this headache too.....*sigh*

...on a funny note...the smell of oatmeal coming form the lunch room made me want to be sick!! huh.....how about that
June 24th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
CD 37...still waiting and ........

but on a positive not, atleast my stomach is still feeling A.O.K!! no bloated pregnant-looking belly anymore!! did i mention how much i love acupuncture??? lol!!

...and last night i found out that andrews cousin and his wife are expecting! of course im thrilled but slightly jealous,lol! we were at andrews parents for dinner when they announced it...but things got awkward after that!! she was drinking water, and so was i since im avoiding alcohol to help concieve(but none of the family knows that)...and someone made mention to now knowing why laura was drinking water instead of her ususal wine..... then they(the ones expecting) looked at me and started saying i must be pregnant cause im drinking water etc. etc. and they kept going and i kept getting more and more uncomfortable(andrews parents were like, oh theyd tell us if they were etc.)..so when andrews parents had their backs turned i was like LOL! and they were like lol! so very secretivly i told them that its my first month off BC and once the stupid witch decides to show up were going to start trying! our friends already know, were just not telling our parents that were trying(evil hey? LOL!), so they know to keep zipped, hahahah!
June 25th, 2010, 04:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally understand not wanting to tell the parents - they're the last people we're telling about the pregnancy (if and when that occurs) That's exciting about your cousin! So hoping that you'll be able to give their baby a little friend to play w/ ASAP!

June 25th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
im really hoping i can get that BFP right away so we can have little ones close in age!! they live in town and andrew whole family is really close, so we see them often. we were actually joking with them at the beginning of this year about 2010 is the baby-making year....little did i know they were probably trying then,ahhahah!
i figure its safer not to tell the parents cause they would be the WORST for constantly asking,lol!! that, and the priceless expression when we tell them were expecting will be all the better when they didn't see it coming!!! ahhaha!
June 25th, 2010, 04:23 PM
It would be really nice to have kids close in age and I do hope that the two of you can have that.

I only told my mom, because she's pesky sometimes but not so much about the whole TTC thing.. she knows better.. haha. Chris` mom on the other hand, she likes to put her two cents in everywhere.. when someone asked me when we will have kids.. (Old Portugues ladies.. cant blame them, they dont know any better.. lol ) before I had a chance to say anything.. his mom piped up and said.. oh they have time... blah blah!!!

anyways sorry for hijacking your journal...

hope you had a great day!! xoxox
June 25th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Hi Tara I'm Sam and DH and I are on our 20th cycle of TTC

I'm sorry I am just making it over to your journal now-- things have been crazy but I really hope your cycle regulates soon and your stay with us is short and sweet!!
June 25th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
hey Tara where are you in your cycle again? It's hard to stalk without a ticker ya know!!
I understand not wanting to tell your parents if they're the nosy kind. My parents know about my m/c so they know we're trying and they're good about not asking.. however, my SIL is the worst!! 3 weeks after the m/c (which she knew about), she decided to ask me over dinner (me, her and DH) when we're going to have a baby!!! Ugggh I just could not believe it! Sorry to hijack. But yes people can be nosy!!
I hope you get that BFP right away too!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

June 26th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Hey Tara, just stopping in to say hi and Happy Saturday!!
June 26th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i think im gonna try some journal entries like this for a bit, while reading through other journals i noticed some of you ladies do this, and i kinda like the idea! lol! so here goes...

CD: 39....BOOO!!!
Feeling...(im assuming these are PMS symptoms cause i took a test this morning and got a BFN....oh well...just felt the urge to POAS lol! emotionally: Pretty darn good! (aside from the random crying moments yesterday,lol! there was a show on with these burn victims and the one got to meet another burn victim who was her hero..started crying jsut because they were meeting and hugging,lol! they wern't even crying!....later, i was talking onteh phone with a lady i know through my MIL -she had an accident where both of her wrists were broken -but shes doing really good now!! when i asked her about it and she was saying that she'll be on her bike by the end of the summer if she does her exercises,and i got all teary-eyed for some reason?? shes doing GOOD, why would i cry? lol!!!) physically: decent..have a mild headache and some new cramping in my lower abdomen....
accomplishment of the day: I got to work early and finished recieving all the parts we got this morning!!
struggle/frustration of the day: ....but i didn't get here early enough to get my suggested orders done...*sigh* and my trainee isn't here to watch the counter while i get that done...so it could be a busy morning....not looking too bad as of yet though! and its raining, so usually were slower (i work at a motorbike shop-so were obviously busiest when its sunny ) ...maybe i should be working instead of posting??? nahhhhh!!!! lol!!!
to end on a positive note: goin over to our freinds place after work for dinner! theyre moving all day (while im at work,heheheh-got out of that one!) so i just get to go over and see the new place without any lifting involved,hahaha!!

Justyna-no worries about the hijacking! were all guilty of it,lol!!! and happy saturday to you to!!

Samantha-thanks! and i gotta get over to your journal too! theres just so many to visit when you start out in journaling!! lol!!

Judy-hey! im CD39 ive never looked into the ticker thing cause i thought you need to have a somewhat regular cycle for it to 'tick' properly,hahah! ill see what i can do ...and that was sure rude of your SIL! but im sure she didn't mean it in a negative way...more of a 'looking towards the positive future' sort of thing....if someone hasnt been through it i can see being a bit 'duh' about it maybe? i dunno...either way sorry you had to go through that

Last edited by LiveLoveLaugh; June 26th, 2010 at 10:42 AM.
June 26th, 2010, 10:59 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to journals!!!!! yay for acupuncture for fertility This is my first cycle using acupuncture and Im super excited!!!

I totally recommend tracking your cycle using Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - Fertility Charting it was a life savor for me when we first started TTC b/c my cycles were all crazy right after I stopped taking BC.

Good luck...I hope you can have a LO around the same age as your family

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search