Armorri's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Duffy510's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello ladies! I've been lurking in TTC#1 for a while now, but never really wrote anything. I'm Ally and I'm living in sunny California. I'm pretty new to the TTC thing, at least actively. I stopped taking BCP in February. I was on a mix of either Yaz or Yamin for seven years, and on Depo before that.

In February, I also lost my job and my husband was out of work, making it a less than an ideal time to starting trying. A month or two later my husband found a pretty awesome job, and we were all set! I was so excited I started charting and surfing the net for pregnancy websites. Problem was, after BCP, my cycles started getting longer and longer and longer. They're now almost 40 days. My first cycle off BCP was 24. Even though (hopefully, fingers crossed) my cycles seem to be leveling out, trying to conceive is still like shooting a moving target. I've also had these crazy pregnancy-like symptoms during my luteal phase every month. Much to my chagrin, each month I get several BFN's in a row until AF finally decides to grace me with her presence.

Last month, I was so so sure I had caught the egg, I even thought of myself as pregnant. The symptoms were new to me and somewhat intense. I'd even go so far as to say I felt pregnant. Imagine my surprise when AF showed up right on schedule. Oh well.

So that's only two real cycles of trying, and two with NTNP. Not really enough to get over excited and start testing for problems. But it's hard to relax and let nature take it's course when you have to wait a while to try again. It's nice meeting you all and hopefully we'll all be in a DDC soon.

June 29th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to starting your journal, I am Nayomi
June 30th, 2010, 07:24 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yahoo for TTC!!! Welcome to the board and journaling!!!

Im Stefanie The ladies here are wonderful

I look forward to reading your journal and getting to know ya.
Are you going to use OPK's this month? I highly recommend using them...they will give you a good look at your fertile window.

Good luck this cycle!!

June 30th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Woohoo! Nice to meet you gals. I will use OPKs this month. Although I got a confusing result last month from them. I got three positive OPKs in a row, and then two more that were slightly less dark than my real positives. I noted them as negative because after hours of debate and eyeballing the cell phone pictures I took of them, I decided they were negative. I'm not sure what to make of that yet, maybe I'm just rich in LH .

Not sure if we're going to get a very clear shot this month. DH is working marathon nights all the way up until mid-August. He is basically a glorified parallegal, but he is monitoring campaign contributions of people and companies. Interesting job, but it keeps him pretty busy, sometimes leaving little time to TTC.

If my cycles behave themselves this time around, I will probably O somewhere between the 16th and 18th of July. I am doing some reading for something that might help shorten my cycles, if that's at all possible. When I was younger (I'm 27 now), my cycles were 24 days long. Now they are almost 40. I wanna see if I can get back in on this 24 day action.

Look forward to getting to know you all and will write again when I get a chance.

June 30th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ally!!! im Tara and welcome to journaling!!!
im just new to TTC myself...currently waiting on AF to show so i can actually start charting(CD 43 and counting...)...lemme know if you figure anything out for shortening cycles, cause im desparate! lol!
i look forward to getting to know you
July 15th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Sorry I've been out for a while, it's been a crazy month.

Tara: are you just getting off BCP?

Darn darn darn! Funnily enough (I like to make up words) it was a shorter cycle that actually did me in this month. Frick! So for the last two cycles my O date was CD 24 and CD 26. So this month I start to use my OPK on CD 20 just to make sure I'm not Oing early.

It's negative until CD 22, when I also get (TMI ALERT) a huge glob of EWCM. I was stoked because I haven't looked that fertile in almost five months! Since the hubby is working 7 days a week this month and 12-13 hours a day, I tried to time BD perfectly because I knew I was probably only going to get one chance. Poor guy. So I waited until my first positive OPK. The next day, I had a temperature bump, but nothing above my usual temp fluxuation. Usually after I O, my temp goes above 97.3 and it was 97.05, which is definitely nothing out of the ordinary for me. I thought it was pretty low to be honest. So, I thought little of it. Tee next day I get another positive OPK, a temp shift of 97.25 and some dried up EWCM which I recorded as sticky. I assumed that I was ovulating that day or the previous. This morning my temp jumps up to 97.45. Now that's a normal post O temp.

But, much to my chagrin, FF records that I'm not on 1-2DPO today, but on 3DPO, which means I'm out for the month. I still think I O'd yesterday or the day before, but I guess we won't figure out who's right until about 10 days from now when I either have AF or not. If this is all very confusing, a link to my chart is below.

Since my positive OPKs didn't come until after I O'd, I'm not sure what to believe, the EWCM which sometimes shows up at random parts of the month, my OPKs which now also appear to be random, or my usual cycle length which appears to be random as well. Seems like what I need is a bit of luck. Hope you ladies have been having a bit more luck this month than I.

Last edited by Duffy510; July 15th, 2010 at 08:48 AM.
July 15th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Awesome, I just got a call for an interview on Monday! Woohoo! Keeping my fingers crossed that this one is the one. It's a school secretary position, which seems about the right speed for me. Perhaps if I can hold on to it long enough, it could help me get my teaching credential. Then, I can finally get my money's worth out of my masters. Okay, I'm getting ahead of myself here. First, nail the interview.

July 15th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
nail that interview!!

...and yes, i am just coming off of birth control...nuva ring to be specific....CD58 today, ugh!!
July 15th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Thanks! I didn't have quite that experience coming off BC's, but a friend of mine who came off nuvo ring didn't have a period for about three months. Not to worry you. It takes a long time for the body to reregulate itself. Eventually it did go back to normal. I hope AF or O shows up soon!

July 18th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Booyaw! FF changed my O day to CD 23. Looks like I was right. My temps are higher than they've ever been. That probably doesn't mean anything at this early date though. Here's hoping it turns into a bfp at the end of next week.

July 19th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Low grade fever in the evening today and a dip in the early morning. Woot woot! Little early for those to mean anything TTC wise but hey, sometimes I need to get my hopes up. My temps don't usually go above 97.6!

July 25th, 2010, 08:11 AM
11DPO

July 25th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!!!!
July 25th, 2010, 07:20 PM
missa3428's Avatar TTC#1 I want 2 b a MOMMY
WOW CONGRATS!!! Your time here was short and sweet!! Have a Happy and heathly 9 months!!
July 26th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Thanks! I thought for sure that I would be in this ttc thing for the long haul after I was on birth control for so long. But, apparently I'm still very much fertile. I'm praying praying praying that it sticks and I hope to see some of the rest of you in April DDC!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search