Christina's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Pebblesbuddy
I promise I will keep up with this journal. I let the last one fall by the wayside. So in a nutshell decided to get checked out for Endo back in 2009. I have had horrible, heavy, painful periods since I can remember. My mom, her sister and my gma all had Endo. The doctor did a physical and discussion of family history in April 2009. He confirmed he was 99% sure I had it but to be 100% you need to do a lap. Did a lap May 1, 2009 (I actually got my period this day weird) and had Endo Stage IV all over. On my tubes, ovaries, uterus, bowel, and bladder. They removed 95% and the rest on the bowel would have to be killed off through drugs and ovulation suppression. I took 6 rounds of Lupron and did 8 months of Femara. This put me into menopause and I would never wish this on my worst enemy. Between the completely nutso mood swings to hot flashes 24/7 I was miserable.

FINALLY January 29, 2010 I got my period. Hoorayyyyyyyyy. It took exactly 3 months to come since I stopped the Lupron. After an initial doctor appointment with my OB he advised to not waiting to conceive so we began immediately. I am currently on month cycle and Cycle #6. Who knew it would be so hard?! Over the course of this roadtrip I have used OPK's and currently temp. See my chart in my siggy. I also have a blog but I keep it private so people I don't want knowing don't find it. If you want to read it just let know your email and I will add you. I have also had a bunch of blood work and urinalysis done including checking Iron, B12, vitamin D, sugar blah blah everything. Everything is in the normal range. Although most fall into the low of normal everything is normal. The only abnormalities were extremely low vitamin D which I take a vitamin for everyday and low blood sugar (which I have to get retested). For the low blood sugar I eat about every two hours or I get a headache and feel like I need to throw up and/or pass out. Not fun. Besides all that everything seems to be in working order. I already have an appointment set for August 10, 2010. That will make it month #7 of TTC. Hopefully then if I am not pregnant I can get some answers and start doing the next step to having my first LO.

I love you all and thanks so much for welcoming with open arms so many months ago!

Last edited by Pebblesbuddy; June 30th, 2010 at 07:44 AM.
June 29th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome back, I remember you & lots of
Sorry that you have went through all that.
June 30th, 2010, 04:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for you journaling! What a roller coaster you've been through so far! I so hope that you're pregnant at that appointment!

June 30th, 2010, 08:20 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad you're back to journaling!!!

June 30th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Another little update I forgot to add. Since being on birth control so many moons ago I always had textbook perfect cycles for 28 days. When I was on Lupron and when I finally went off I was worried my cycles wouldn't be normal again. Cycle #1 was 33 days, Cycle #2 was 31 days and from here on out from Cycle #3-present have been 29 days! It's crazy. 6 days of my period (2 days heavy, 2 days medium, 2 days light), CD15 I ovulate (or around this day), 14 day LP and start all over after 29 days. I definitely can feel blessed in this department.
June 30th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When I am pregnant I am buying this

Amazon.com: Maternity T-Shirt - Touch My Belly/Punch Your Face: Clothing
June 30th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL - love the T-shirt!

June 30th, 2010, 06:49 PM
JuiceF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Christina, love the t-shirt!!

Just dropping off some and O
July 1st, 2010, 06:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So I definitely am going to try to post in this once a day! I will keep up with my journal I will I will! So I am going on vacation starting 2pm EST Tomorrow! I am SOOO excited! We will be gone from July 2nd - July 11th. This is going to be a welcomed vacation.

I will be leaving tomorrow and driving 7 hours to Hartford CT with my DH and staying the night. Apparently Hartford is not the best area but oh well you can't beat $35 for a 4 star hotel! Woo! We will then leave early in the morning and drive to Kennebunkport Maine which is about 3 hours North. We will stay here a few days and do the shops, and whale watching, kayak and generally do all this fun stuff in this preppy little town. This is where the Bush's stay so maybe I will see them!

Then we are going to head to Portland and do a tour of the Algash Brewery. Also there is another amazing beer place my DH wants to see. I guess it's not so so bad I am not pg this month Then we will head to Lovell for a night and stay at a B&B. Never heard of Lovell? Neither have I however we are going strictly for this

Ebenezer's Pub

Read the first few paragraphs and you will know why

Then we will head to Bar Harbor Maine and at some point take a ferry over to Nova Scotia. There I will hopefully meet up with Kelly!! Woo!

At some point Saturday we will drive back to Hartford stay the night and drive home Sunday.

Sorry this is so long but I am so excited!!
July 2nd, 2010, 07:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am going on vacation today! And I might even get to see Kelly! Woooo. Hopefully I catch that eggie since I will be O'ing next week
July 6th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies! I have some spare time so I'm checking in to JM! congrats are in order to Deb! Yayyy on your beautiful right now I'm in Portland maine and making my way north soon to Bar harbor. I'm hoping to catch a ferry over from Maine to nova scotia but now I'm hearing through the grape vine the ferries are discontinued I hope not because I reallllllly want to see Kelly! Food, beer, people, cities are uh-mazing. DH and I were saying how we could totally live here. Well I gotta run miss talkin to you all daily

Oh and I should be ovulating soon gahhh I so hope I catch that egg I haven't temped or used any OPK's since I am on vacation and just going with the flow.
July 8th, 2010, 04:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks so much, Christina!

Your trip sounds amazing! I hope that you are able to take the ferry to Nova Scotia! That would stink if the ferries weren't working!

Enjoy the rest of your trip, have a safe drive home, and catch that eggie!
July 13th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Woo back to updating my journal. So this cycle I wanted to temp and use OPK's but we were on vacation getting up at many odd ball hours of the day so I didn't temp pretty much the whole beginning of this cycle and when I ovulated. I also didn't use any OPK's. We just relaxed the whole trip. I know we DTD when I ovulated so let's hope we caught the egg!

Since getting home I have started temping again so let's hope I see some temp jumps near the end

Also on a side note I was thinking about for about 2 almost 3 years prior to actually "TTC" we did the pull and pray method. I wasn't on any BC and we never used condoms (last time i took BC was end of 2006 early 2007). Does this count as NTNP? I wasn't sure what this classified as? Hmmmm.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search