Tami's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2010, 02:09 AM
missfit28

Last edited by missfit28; July 9th, 2010 at 12:19 PM. Reason: to add
July 2nd, 2010, 04:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow - crazy life, but how awesome that you get to see so many places! I've barely left the country!

Best of luck on your TTC journey - I hope that your stay is short and sweet!

July 2nd, 2010, 03:33 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey there Tammy. I am Nayomi. I will be 30 in Dec. Is your bday near Christmas? Ive been married 1 year less than you.(8 years)
I hope you get your sticky ASAP Welcome to journaling on J.M.
July 2nd, 2010, 09:43 PM
PiXiE*DuSt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to PiXiE*DuSt
How exciting!!! Good luck on your TTC journey!! Lots of to you!!

Thanks Claire1979 for my siggie!

July 2nd, 2010, 10:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Tami and welcome to journaling!!! im just new to this myself, but its tons of fun and i totally hear you on the "its all i can think about now" comment! i keep trying to remind myself that i can move on to thinking about other things too, rather than drive myself crazy thinking about TTC,lol!
...and thats quite the exciting life youve been leading lately!!! living in africa would be such an amazing experience!!
i wish you the best of luck in your TTC journey, and hope that its a short one
July 3rd, 2010, 01:00 AM
missfit28
Thanks everyone for popping in my journal. I have been to several other boards over the years, and I have never found a group of ladies that are so welcoming.

So, today is CD 7. I'm kind of rethinking my whole idea about just going with the flow and seeing what happens. I kind of wish I had an OPK so that I would at least have something to go off of. It's too late now though- it takes us at least two weeks to get stuff in the mail and I highly doubt they sell them here.

I think I'm just stressing now. Like everyone else here, I just want it to happen quickly. Who knows- maybe we'll get lucky and have good timing without any help. Only time will tell...

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!
July 3rd, 2010, 03:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We didn't use OPK's these first 3 goes... I'll be ordering them when AF finally arrives to use them this time. I do hope that you don't have to use them though!!! Are you temping?

July 3rd, 2010, 11:10 AM
missfit28
I'm not temping this month- but I will definitely consider it in the next few months.
July 3rd, 2010, 11:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome! I'm Judy. I'm turning 31 (YIKESSSSS) this August and DH is turning 31 shortly also.. we've been TTC since late October/early November. Got pg once, had a m/c at 6 weeks.
It's so exciting you get to see so many different places! I hope you get pg quickly!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

July 3rd, 2010, 07:58 PM
missa3428's Avatar TTC#1 I want 2 b a MOMMY
Hello, I am Melissa and I am only 22 I feel like a youngin hehe! I have been on here a while and decided that I needed to start a TTC journal! But I cant wait to read your post on here! I hope you get your asap!
July 5th, 2010, 01:26 AM
missfit28
Today is my second official day off the pill. It feels so...well...liberating! It really is a very exciting and scary feeling. We've spent so long preventing that it seems strange that we are actually doing the opposite now. I just can't wait to get BFP!

Yesterday at the 4th of July party, a couple had their 6 week old son with them. She actually delivered him at a local clinic! I was amazed at her bravery. I know people do it here all the time but she's the first American I've met who didn't go back to the States. Anyway- I got to hold the baby for a bit and he was absolutely precious. Any worries or doubts that I've had went right out the window- holding him just felt so right. It's pretty cool to finally be at the point in my life when I feel like I'm really ready to be a mommy!
July 6th, 2010, 12:16 AM
missfit28
As I've been reading through other boards and journals, I've read a lot of the debates about when is the right time to tell everyone. I know everyone has certain intentions before they find out- but things sometimes change when you finally get that BFP.
I've been thinking about it a lot and I feel like DH and I will want to tell everyone fairly soon. I know our families will be the first to know- pretty soon after we get the BFP. I just can't imagine being able to keep that to myself- especially from my Mom. We are super close. She doesn't know we're trying because I want to surprise her when the time comes.
As far as friends go, I'm not sure when we'll spread the news. I know that I will be so excited that I will want to tell all of my close friends right away, especially the ones with kids. The embassy community is very tight knit so people here will probably notice fairly quickly- especially when I start turning down caffeine and beer.
I know I don't have to make any decisions for a while but it's definitely something to think about.
July 6th, 2010, 10:36 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to journaling!!!! I think I introduced myself on the main board...if not...Im Stefanie

You will love having a place to vent and get support...I dont know what I would have done without my journal and JM sisters.

I look forward to reading about your journey!!

Good luck

July 6th, 2010, 11:08 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome!

Im Ashley (23, 24 in 8 days!) and my DH is Jason 25. We have been TTC our first for 20 months, and have had 4 early losses. We are on a break from medical assistance and have been for two months, if I dont get pregnant this cycle we will go back to MA of some sort.

WOW! You have an interesting life! That is so cool your living in Africa! You'll have to share some pics sometime! Im glad youve started a journal, you'll find its very helpful in the TTC process!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

July 6th, 2010, 12:47 PM
stephjp's Avatar TTC our first miracle
Welcome! I am Steph(23) and my DH is Clint (23 as well). We have been TTC for around 5 cycles now. We have had one loss at 11 wks at the first of the year but other than that we are still trying!

I am SO glad you joined the journaling board and can continue your journey on here with us! I look forward to seeing your Best wishes and LOTS of to you!
July 7th, 2010, 03:12 AM
missfit28
It's CD 11 for me- woohoo! The time is going by a little bit faster now. Since it's my first month off the pill I don't know when, or even if, I'm O'ing. So DH and I are just trying to get do as much BDing as we can between last Monday and next Friday. I think that's a pretty big window.

I know for sure he's not optimistic about this cycle at all. He told me he thinks it won't happen for at least a few months. I know he's right but I told him he needs to think positively.

I try to find the positive in everything so I'm just reminding myself that it will just give us more time to save money if it takes a little longer.

On another note, I ordered a basal thermometer today and OPK strips. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't need them, but it takes forever for stuff to get here so I have to order now if I want them for the next cycle.
July 12th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
BDing around that time sounds like a good place to start! The BBT will hopefully give you a better idea at pinpointing your o!

Good luck this cycle!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search