Sota's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2010, 12:06 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Hoping you caught that egg and you get your bfp!!!!

August 9th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Quote:
Yesterday during acupuncture I actually burst out laughing part way through. I just kept thinking how on earth did I get to this point? I never imagined this for myself. At the same time, I am very happy. Happy that although this is a struggle, there are so many more struggles that could be much much worse. That DH is sticking by me, even though we have watched more than one marriage fall apart due to infertility. And happy that I know somehow at the end of this journey I will get to be a mommy. And I don't feel like that time is so terribly far away any more.
Oh how I know how you feel. I has an acupuncture session recently and was just sitting there thinking about what my life has turned into. But all of your points are so true. I am very happy that this is my struggle then god forbid something else. And yes, it totally helps when DH is supportive. I guess we are lucky in that way at least.

I hope you caught the egg
August 9th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Sota's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
4 DPO

So I had been having some "symptoms" and was so excited because it was early and maybe I actually DID manage to at least combine the egg and sperm for once. Sigh, I had symptoms all right, I had a UTI

I spent the morning in urgent care and my lunch hour at the pharmacy. What a pain. And it took up my JM time, because I generally try and log on during lunch. So now I feel like I am totally out for this cycle. In good news I will finish up my meds well before AF, so it shouldn't mess up my IUI.
August 10th, 2010, 09:52 AM
First Congrats on being in the 2WW-- your chart looks fantastic and looks like that was a nice strong O there

On another note-- so sorry to hear about your UTI. The same thing happened to me a few cycles back and it was terrible. To this day I have no idea if I was allergic to the dye in the HSG ( RE said he thought that was it) a UTI ( ER said that) or a kidney stone ( my official diagnosis). I just hope you are feeling better.

I know what you mean about feeling out because I feel the same and I haven't even O'd yet We need to stop thinking this way. I have everything crossed for you.
August 11th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey, I love your new siggy& Avatar. Hope you caught
that eggy& get your this cycle.
August 11th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Thanks Nayomi!

6DPO

Nothing to report. My UTI is still bugging me and now I am fearing the antibiotics will give me a yeast infection. Ack. I spent this cycle being so freaking healthy and get sick. Oh well, I will chug along and then get a fresh start with next cycle. At least since I feel like there is no chance I managed to get pregnant this cycle I don't have to flip out during the 2ww. I am not sure what I am going to do with the IUI, I am sure it will drive me absolutely bonkers waiting to see if it worked. In good news today DH turns in his last assignment in his last class for his MA. He still has capstone, but I feel like I am finally getting my husband back. I am sure he will be thrilled that I have a whole heap of stuff for him to do with all his new free time!
August 11th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
hi Sota I'm sorry to hear about the UTI, that blows! Booooo!! It's great that DH will have more free time to spend with you (or the chores you have lined up for him )
I hope we see a beautiful BFP from you soon!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

Last edited by Servilia; August 11th, 2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: spelling
August 11th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Just dropping by and sending you some bfp dust Good Luck Hun!!! I'm crossing everything crossable for you!!!!

August 11th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Ugh sorry the UTI is still around. I hope you feel better soon. Maybe not worrying about your 2WW will actually bring your your BFP. I know, I am so negative lately too. I hope this is it for you.
August 13th, 2010, 12:51 PM
8 DPO

So my acupuncturist told me that the UTI was most likely the result of stress or an imbalance in my body. Well hell, I have worked so hard this cycle trying to be in better balance! Anyway he suggested amping up my probiotic intake. So I will see if I can figure that out this weekend. Seems I should be eating kefir, miso, and kimchi, and a variety of other things that will not be easily added to my diet.

I very much enjoyed the acupuncture yesterday as it was a whole new configuration. Although there was a different receptionist there and I had to wait forever to get in. Plus she kept talking about the NRA and how it was good for children, which I just found odd, and she wasn't as good at needle removal as the other woman who is normally around.

I also realized I have been taking my DHA all wrong this month. I was only taking 1/4 of what I should have been taking!! Ugh. It is the one thing my RE really stressed that I needed (and I am doing it despite the fact that it is fish oil and I am a vegetarian).

I figure I have about 4 days before AF should rear her face. My LP is not very stable, but I usually anticipate around 12 days. I wonder if the acupuncture will extend that at all.
August 13th, 2010, 01:49 PM
YUM- I love Kimchi!! Its never ending all the things we are constantly adding into our diets for health.

How much DHA does your RE recommend? I am currently taking 1250 mg of fish oil where 450 mg is DHA and 250 mg in my prenatal. I am definitely taking more EPA. Is that enough. MY RE sucks and tells me nothing besides "you need IVF".

I see your lp is a lot like mine-- I hate those dips in the LP. In my case acupuncture doesn't seem to be working on its own Are you on progesterone? I really hope you get the surprise BFP of a lifetime this cycle!!
August 16th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Just dropping by hoping you had a great weekend and hoping your UTI is gone!! Hoping that your AF does stay away and you get your surprise Bfp!!! Good Luck Hun crossing everything crossable for you!!!

August 16th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Wizza's Avatar TTC our first since 2009
Your chart is looking really good, do you have any good feelings about this cycle? Dropping off some BFP dust for you!!

August 17th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey247 View Post
How much DHA does your RE recommend? I am currently taking 1250 mg of fish oil where 450 mg is DHA and 250 mg in my prenatal. I am definitely taking more EPA. Is that enough. MY RE sucks and tells me nothing besides "you need IVF".
She said to take 400mg, so you are more than covered. I totally have had my fill of REs telling me its IVF or nothing. The first place we went tried to convince me that my tubes were completely shut because I had chlamydia ( which I have never had and all my subsequent testing showed that!). Although I understand there are many reasons we would be better off going to IVF, I really wanted to know what the heck was going on with me (still not too sure), and this was the only RE who was willing to spend the time investigating rather than just circumventing any problem there might be by going straight to IVF.

CD 12

AF is on her way. I thought she would be in full force today, but now I am guessing she will be here tomorrow. I hope so, because I just ordered my meds for the IUI and I am ready to get this new cycle moving! They called last week just to check in and see how I was doing and to remind me to call at CD 1. I keep thinking they think I am going to back out of this cycle.

Sunday I made DH a nice dinner and carrot cake to celebrate the end of his classes. He came home from work and said why are we celebrating and when I asked him to guess, he said are you pregnant? I felt so sad, because I am not sure I will ever be able to give him that.

I also have continued my new obsession for Zulily. I just love it (except their shipping charge). Since we might be moving to adoption soon, I have convinced DH that I need to have some unisex clothes and have at least a few things ready to go and he has actually let me buy some stuff. I also got some really cute stuff for my nephew and soon to arrive niece (I have 4 nephews, I am so excited to finally get to buy some pink stuff).

Fingers crossed will show up soon.
August 17th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I'm so happy that you found an RE that is willing to figure out what is wrong. The RE told me one and I self diagnosed the other ( only to get diagnosed by my OBGYN). Were they able to unblock your tubes with the Lap. They said the same things to me that I possibly had an infection but said that they have no idea how these things happen. Well, that was just a fabulous thing to say to my mom and DH. When I KNOW I NEVER had an infection of any sort-- sigh. RE's are a rare breed.

I'm excited for your upcoming cycle and send you tons of baby in advance.
August 17th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Sorry that AF is showing up. What makes you think that AF is showing up?? But I have to say I like your plan for next cycle and I hope that that does it for you!! Happy that DH is letting you buy a couple of things because one day you will need it!! Good Luck Hun!!!

August 19th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey247 View Post
Were they able to unblock your tubes with the Lap.
Well according to my HSG I had a spilling defect and a filling defect on the left and a spilling defect in the right tube, but both tubes are patent. So that RE was just making crap up. However, at my lap the gyn said that both tubes looked fine, although the left is slightly larger than it should be (not a hydrosphalynx, just a bit wide). Since I have a fibroid distorting the outside shape of my uterus maybe that is what made the hsg show that things were spilling into a cavity, or maybe the test was just wrong. Anyway both the gyn and my RE said it was possible to try the IUI and see how it goes, so that is whay we are doing. I do understand we would be better off going to IVF, but we already decided we aren't going that route. So this is kind of my last ditch effort. I do have an FSH of 10.1, so I could just have crappy old eggs.

CD 1

Although I had some spotting on CD 12 and my body tried to get AF flowing yesterday I am counting today as CD 1. Tommorrow I go in and get my baseline ultrasound and fork over all my money. My meds are here and happily resting in the frig. Gosh that was a huge package. Tomorrow she will also show me how to inject myself and all that good stuff. So this is really going to happen. And please please please let it actually work. Sigh.

I have been super cranky. I am blaming that on AF. Plus work has been busy and annoying and I just want to curl up under a blanket and watch tv instead of being here. Good thing the weekend is coming!!
August 20th, 2010, 12:58 PM
CD 2

Yesterday afternoon I got so super sick. I thought I was going to throw up and I was incredibly bloated. I couldn't even eat dinner. I still went to acupuncture and he put in an extra needle for me. I felt much better this morning. I am thinking maybe that salmonella from the eggs? I don't know if that goes away so fast. Anyway I am super glad it cleared up on its own.

My baseline is done! They have to check my bloodwork, but everything looks good to start injections tomorrow I am super excited. The nurse was really nice and met with me after I had my US done. She showed me how to do the injects and then talked a little bit about the cycle. I go back in next Thursday for more blood work and an US and then she thinks probably somewhere between the 31st and 2nd we will be ready for the iui. Tonight I will just have to watch the video that came with all my meds. I did forget to ask her about exercise. I think for now I will try to just be light to moderate and see how that goes.
August 20th, 2010, 01:33 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just want to wish you lots of luck this cycle! Sounds like you have a good plan in place! When I was on injects, I was told to limit exercise a little bit- not cut it out or anything- but just be careful because when you have more follies growing on your ovaries, they are susceptible to twisting more during injects. I don't know if that applies outside of IVF, but I wanted to pass it along.

I'm glad you are feeling better- hopefully it was nothing serious!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

August 20th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I'm glad everything went well with the u/s and you are cleared to start injections. Time is going by so fast-- your IUI will be here before you know it-- how exciting!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search