Sota's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Sota's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, I wasn't going to start a journal until after I got my BFP. But, here I sit on cycle 24, so why wait any longer? Maybe I can create a memory of the end of my journey to motherhood.

I am affectionately calling this cycle, "Searching for hope in a bottle of Geritol".

Since my lap showed only minor abnormalities, technically I should be able to get pregnant. So this cycle I am hitting up all the tall tales of the Internet to try and find something that works for me.

This cycle I will be:
1. Doing acupuncture
2. Drinking lemon water
3. Exchanging the prenatals for Geritol (I just turned 36 so it might be appropriate!)
4. Cutting out coffee and carbonated beverages
5. Cutting out most alcohol (just a few sips from DH's drink)
6. Drinking apple cider vinegar (I don't like it so I don't know how much I will keep this up)
7. Flossing my teeth daily
8. Taking DHA, vitamin D, B6, and B12
9. Meditating as close to daily as possible
10. Hitting my Fertility Yoga DVD at least 3 times a week
11. Working out 4-6 times a week
12. Drinking any green drink that contains wheat grass ( I didn't want to buy a juicer)

I'm trying to be positive and hopeful too, but if it doesn't work out we will do an injectables iui-cycle next month. And eventually we will become homestudy ready to pursue a domestic adoption. So somehow, some way, I will become a mother (fingers crossed by 2011)!
July 28th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Congrats on starting a journal. You will find that there is a lot of love and support in the journal section

Your plans for this cycle sound a lot like what I am doing!! I hope this brings you your BFP-- none of us should have to go over 20 cycles yet there are a few of us here.

I'm Sam BTW
July 28th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Wizza's Avatar TTC our first since 2009
I hope the Geritol and lemon water do the trick for you, I've seen a lot of ladies say how well it worked for them. I started lemon water this cycle myself but not the Geritol, maybe I should look into that too. I didn't know about the flossing and fertility, I had to do some googling to find out more about it and it's interesting.

I've stalked your chart a few times already but now it will be easier to follow your progress and see you get that BFP soon!

July 28th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey. so happy to see that you started your journal!!!
I hope you get your very soon.
July 28th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Sota and welcome - the journals section here is great - I actually spend more time here than on the main board!
I hope that regimen gets you your BFP soon!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

July 28th, 2010, 05:04 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Welcome Sota, I am Jacklyn and I am also new on the journals. I'm hoping that you get your bfp very very soon!!!!

July 29th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Thank you everyone for the welcome to the journals section!

Today is CD 8, so just waiting to O. DH asked me the other day when we get to work on baby-making, I told him not until next week but we could practice if he wanted. I started temping again and actually have to remember to do it, which is weird because before it was so second nature. I also almost forgot to turn on my fertility monitor, but thankfully remembered before I used up all my FMU.

I had my weekly acupuncture this morning. I felt much dizzier afterward than usual. He does electroacupuncture, and changes where the pulses are depending on the time of the month, so maybe that made a difference. I had to skip my workout to get there, but tonight I hope to do fertility yoga, since I get to move to the second stage now that AF is finally out the door.
July 29th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Electroacupuncture sounds interesting. I have been feeling dizzy lately when I get acupuncture facing down with the needles on my back-- I have no idea why. I go to acupuncture twice a week ( thank god for insurance). Are you taking any herbs?

Hope you enjoy doing fertility yoga tonight I think I may do some too.
July 30th, 2010, 09:10 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Sorry you are feeling dizzy, hopfully that goes away!!! Yeah for practice baby making. I hope that the fertilty yoga helps. Hope you have a great weekend.

July 30th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey247 View Post
Are you taking any herbs?

Hope you enjoy doing fertility yoga tonight I think I may do some too.
Yoga was nice. I liked the follicular phase a little more than the menstrual phase. I am not taking any herbs. I talked about it initially, but then he didn't end up recommending any, and given the price of some of the stuff they had displayed on the counter I wasn't too sad about it. I don't have insurance to cover the acupuncture so I have just been going once a week. DH and I really had to think hard to decide if it was worth it or not, but in the end I am going to try it probably this cycle and for the first injectable cycle and then reevaluate.

Today is CD 9 and I am still low on the fertility monitor. Actually I forgot to put my thermometer by my bed, so I had to hunt all over for it. Of course by the time I found it, it was too late because my temp was way higher than if I had been in bed still. Then when I went to stick the stick into the monitor it gave some weird error. Luckily I managed to get it to finally read and I am still low. I usually O between 13-18, so hopefully soon. I am ready to get this show on the road. Of course if it doesn't work then we have to start thinking about how many IUIs we want to commit to doing before moving on. We already decided not to move to IVF, but to go to adoption if that is the point we end up at. We wanted to go talk to DHs parents in August, because they know nothing about what is going on. The adoption agency we want to use requires that we talk to them before moving forward. But, since the time we could both get off together will be right when I need to go to the RE, it won't work out (they live in a different state than us). So we have a lot to think about in the next few months, unless by some miracle I just get a BFP!
July 30th, 2010, 01:46 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hooray for starting a journal!! It's about time!

So where did you get your fertility yoga workout?? Is it a DVD that I could buy online? Sounds interesting!!

Looks like you have a great plan in front of you, and I really hope that after you were cleared out after surgery, you'll be good to get that BFP once and for all!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

August 3rd, 2010, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Jackie*~ View Post
So where did you get your fertility yoga workout?? Is it a DVD that I could buy online? Sounds interesting!!
Jackie~ this is the DVD I have been using:

Amazon.com: Restoring Fertility by Drs. Brandon Horn, PhD, LAc (FABORM) and Wendy Yu PhD(c), LAc (FABORM): Adam Price, Carol Song, Shawn Mitchell, Brandon Horn, Wendy Yu, Chantalle Kudsi-Zadeh: Movies & TV

Although, I don't think I paid that much. I like that it has four different workouts for each phase of your cycle. It does however have some acupressure and some yogic breathing, which I think some people would find silly. My actual yoga class that I got to in person though had done some of the breathing so I didn't find it too weird.

I am on CD 13 and have absolutely nothing to report. I am very surprised to still be on Low from the monitor. So, I went back to look up the last few cycles where I charted and indeed had been Oing later then too. So I just have to wait and try not to stress out about it. In some ways I am just using this cycle to try and gear up for moving on to the IUI. I am trying to be less stressed and more healthy. But, then I research and there is so much conflicting information out there. Don't get fat, but don't work out too much. Eat this, but no you should never eat it. I am just trying to find some happy medium and get back to trusting my body to do what it needs to do. I recently saw this Circle & Bloom meditation for TTC product and it looks really interesting (Circle + Bloom | Trying to Get Pregnant | Improved Fertility), but I really am about tapped out purchasing stuff for TTC. We did however get confirmation that our insurance will pick up the IUI. It doesn't cover meds, bloodwork, or two of the ultrasounds...so it will still be pretty expensive. To think that two years around this time I was contemplating how I would be working on my second baby around this time. Silly me.
August 3rd, 2010, 02:19 PM
That fertility yoga DVD looks really good. I may have to get it since I was unsure of what I should be doing during each part of my cycle with mine.

It is so crazy that you just posted that link for circle and bloom. I love the concept and would have probably already gotten it if I hadn't broken my ipod and am waiting for my B-day to get my itouch. In fact, I really wish I was doing that program now but I understand about $$$. Every cycle its insane how much I spend re-stocking on supplements etc.

I'm glad your insurance covers your IUI partially but I really hope this is your BFP cycle and you can save your IUI money completely.

Last edited by Hockey247; August 3rd, 2010 at 02:26 PM.
August 3rd, 2010, 03:59 PM
I hope things get moving soon, dropping off some O dust for you!

August 3rd, 2010, 06:23 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the info on the disc! I'll definitely be checking that out!

Also sending you some O dust!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

August 4th, 2010, 01:09 PM
I'm starting to get frustrated. I am on CD 14 and I am still on low on my monitor with no signs what-so-ever that I will ever O! To top it off I only have 6 sticks left for the monitor. I don't want to buy another box, because we will trigger when we do the IUI so I won't need to test. I guess I will switch to OPKs if I can't get my body to work by then.

Tonight is my yoga class and tomorrow acupuncture. I am hoping they mellow me out! DH and I wanted to try and get away before next cycle and before the school year starts (since that is when my work will get busier). But, I don't think we will have two days off together when we can do it I may just take a day off work and vegetate.
August 5th, 2010, 12:38 PM
CD 15 ~ Time to O

Crazy body. Still no high for me on my monitor today because I jumped right to PEAK! I know what I will be doing after work today. I think it is really strange because usually I notice the two lines on the stick (I know you aren't supposed to try and read them). But generally I have one line and then the second starts to show up and once it gets stronger than the first I get peak. This time I didn't have a second line at a all until today. Very very odd.

Last night I got the call from the pharmacy for our meds for next cycle. I called back today and was shocked by the price. I had a ball park in mind, but this was like $200 more than expected and that is with a $600 discount on the follistim. Needless to say I will not be filling that order until CD 1, just in case I get a miracle!! Yikes. We haven't sat down and talked about how many tries we are going to do with this. I guess most doctors say three and then its time to move on, but there are so many things to weigh in the decision.

Only a day away from the weekend! I am happy about that. Although tomorrow I have to go to the dentist and have two cavities filled. Not fun.
August 5th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I hope you get your miracle!! I had that happen to me once-- I am not using a fertility monitor but the digi OPK and one time it went from negative and no line on the OPK to a blaring line and a + OPK-- so I had no time to ramp up.

Have fun catching that egg girl
August 6th, 2010, 12:53 PM
CD 16

I got a positive OPK both last night and this morning, plus my second peak on the monitor. So, we are still aiming for that egg. We can always hope!

Yesterday during acupuncture I actually burst out laughing part way through. I just kept thinking how on earth did I get to this point? I never imagined this for myself. At the same time, I am very happy. Happy that although this is a struggle, there are so many more struggles that could be much much worse. That DH is sticking by me, even though we have watched more than one marriage fall apart due to infertility. And happy that I know somehow at the end of this journey I will get to be a mommy. And I don't feel like that time is so terribly far away any more.

I am also really glad it is Friday! I had meetings all morning, but my afternoon is free until I take off for the dentist. I can tell that school is ramping up to start. Watching the orientations pass by is so scary. These kids are coming to college and they were born in the 90s. They look so so very young.

In less than fourteen days I should either be getting a or starting my baseline for the IUI!
August 6th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Yay for + OPKs!! I hope you caught that egg, I think it's time for you to be a grad!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search