Kathryn's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2010, 06:04 PM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i made a Journal over in ttc with pcos too but wanted to add another here

starting off, my name is Kathryn i'm 28 and hubby is Johnny and he's 30. We've been married for 5 years now and in the process of buying a house, and ttc. hubby was deployed last year and i got off bcp with an inkling of having to deal with PCOS. and it's true I have PCOS. I was diagnosed when hubby came home in June and put on Metformin.

I actually had a period naturally in June and a sorta period in July...it was 2 days and that's not normal for me but thought it was the Metformin actually working. I was actually excited to think I had 30 day cycles but it's day 33 and no AF. I hear Metformin takes a while to get the body going so heres to an adventure on ttc!
August 23rd, 2010, 06:13 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to journaling..... I hope you get your cycles regulated
and are on your way to your
August 24th, 2010, 08:47 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey sweetie! sorry AF is hiding and your cycles are confusing That could be from getting off BCP and/or the PCOS. I would say the best thing to do is to start temping to see what your body is doing and also use OPK's after AF. I have PCOS too, but it is a varaition and I have regular cycles. Met can take awhile to settle in your system, but I have seen it work quickly for many women. Good luck!!
August 24th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Hi welcome to journals I'm Sam and I have been ttc for 22 cycles now and have been in the journal section for a while. I think I would have lost my mind if it wasn't for the support from the ladies here. There are several girls with PCOS that have their cycles on track-- I hope that you get everything figured out soon.

and baby
August 27th, 2010, 11:04 AM
thanks for the welcome ladies and thanks for the tip Chrissy...

so bumming today...it's been 5 days since my last update and still no AF. I'm upset cuz I was hoping MET would have kept things regular since it helped the first month. I think I tested on Monday and it was bfn.

I know I should give MET some time but I'm just so anxious to get things normal. I just want AF to be normal or I want to be pregnant. I don't want no sign of AF. UGH

okay end rant. I really should just stop wondering and take my meds and start packing up my house so we can move into our first home as homebuyers. LOL just have to be reminded of the good things going on in life.
September 3rd, 2010, 09:33 AM
AF came today. that's a 43 day cycle. guess we try again this month and hopefully Metformin gets to helping a little more for those regular cycles.
September 3rd, 2010, 01:56 PM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Hi! I am Christy~pretty new around here. This is my first month TTC. I'm glad AF came today - hopefully the Metformin will have you regular in no time! Good luck!!
September 3rd, 2010, 04:28 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I hope you get your cycles figured out... The girls on here are absolutly wonderful, they are so supportive and are full of knowledge. Journaling is so much fun and it's such a stress reliever!!! I hope that through this journey no matter how short or how long it may be you find support thorugh the journals!! Good Luck Hun!!!

Oh Yeah I'm Jacklyn and DH is Allan and we are on Cycle 6

September 3rd, 2010, 08:56 PM
thanks ladies
September 20th, 2010, 09:00 PM
went to the doc for a follow up with how Met is working for me

he was estatic that I've had 3 consistent cycles. To make this short and to the point I told him how I woke up naseous today and threw up. He asked if I wanted a blood test. I declined. I didn't want to have them tell me sorry it's not this cycle. I want AF to come and if not then I'll poas or ask for a blood test then. Plus I haven't had any other symptoms and even tho yes I might be tired...I just started working with the kiddos again and I'm moving with alot to do at home so yes I'm tired...not sure if I can relate it to be pregnant tho.

and I am comfortable with sitting and waiting it out and seeing where it goes from there.
September 21st, 2010, 07:21 AM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Yay! That's great that you've had 3 consistent cycles. Now you can move past that stage of it and really start pinpointing your O and BD around it. Do you use OPKs or are you temping? You are stronger than I - I wouldnt be able to hold out POAS.

Good luck with the move! Are you moving far?

I hope you get your bfp really soon!
September 22nd, 2010, 09:41 PM
Thanks Chrissy...we're not moving far maybe 4 miles or so.

and I haven't started temping or doing OPK's. doc said it was up to me but he doesn't feel it's necessary. But I'm thinking about starting after we move, paint and get settled in.

That is if my BFP hasn't come yet.
October 8th, 2010, 11:34 AM
could this cycle be the one??? I'm too nervous to take a test. LOL my sister thinks I'm ridiculous and so not like anybody else. I just don't know and I don't want to see another negative. I should have just said yes to the doc and gotten a blood test while I was there and sharing some things with him. oh well guess it's up to me now and POAS.
October 8th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
You still haven't tested. OMG girl what are you waiting for
October 9th, 2010, 01:49 PM
okay took a test this morning and it was BFN

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search