~Christy's TTC Journal~

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope all goes GREAT for the interview in Missouri...how far would you be then from IL ?? (Didnt know if you still had fam/friends in IL). I sometimes wish we were closer than 12hrs from everyone but I would never want to move back to snow! Enjoy your 6 days off, that's awesome !!!!!

September 15th, 2010, 12:36 PM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenisuzy View Post
Hope all goes GREAT for the interview in Missouri...how far would you be then from IL ?? (Didnt know if you still had fam/friends in IL). I sometimes wish we were closer than 12hrs from everyone but I would never want to move back to snow! Enjoy your 6 days off, that's awesome !!!!!
It's still 8 hours from Chicago...which is where I'm from in Illinois. I thought it would be a much shorter drive that that but it's better than the 12 hours that we currently live from home. Yes, all of our family is still in IL. It's just me and DH in NC. I hate the snow, too! I never wanted to live in another frigid climate but DH really wants this promotion, so I would go (although I'd miss NC, it's really grown on me).
September 15th, 2010, 12:58 PM
"Wherever you go, no matter the weather, always bring your own sunshine." - Anthony D'Angelo

CD 15: Negative OPK. Why does it confuse me that I haven't O'd yet. I told DH that if we were serious about TTC in December we should come off bcp a few months early to give my body a chance to catch up and be 'normal' (hopefully) by December. Honestly, I guess I thought I'd bounce straight back to a normal cycle and get pregnant before then. Now I need to remember what I'd been telling DH, I need a couple months to catch up. He keeps asking me every day, though, if my OPK is positive and I hate saying no. It's too early to feel defective. I guess when you've been waiting 2 years to even begin TTC that now that we've actually started the past 2 years of waiting suddenly feels like it's on my shoulders and I'm in a hurry. I know 2 people who have recently announced pregnancies and it makes me feel more hurried. I feel bad for feeling anxious.

Here is a quick recap of our housefire. DH and I moved into our brand new house (new construction) in 2008. Let me first say, I am a terrible cook. 8 months after we moved into our house I decided to make DH some dinner. I fired up some oil on the stove, on high, and then suddenly decided the dogs had been in the yard long enough so I'd let them in. So, barefoot and wearing a robe (hey, it was Sunday-lazy day!) I opened the back door and called their names. No answer. Our yard is big so I couldn't see them. I stepped outside and called their names and they came running. I realized the door had shut behind me and when I went to open it, it was locked. So barefoot and in my robe and ran to my neighbors 3 houses down and asked to use her phone. I called DH at work and told him to come home right away, there was oil on the stove and I was locked out. He was so nonchalant, he said he was off in 10 minutes anyway and would be home (he works 5 min away). I went back to my house and into the yard and was looking through the kitchen window. I could see black smoke coming from the pan & then it burst into flames. I ran back to my neighbors and called the fire department and then...I have NO idea why I did this...but I called DH and told him to come homw NOW it was on fire. When I opened my neighbors door I could hear the fire alarms going off. I ran back to my yard and saw the fire in the kitchen, the whole stove, wall, and microwave above the stove was on fire.

Soooo...I tried to break the window but couldn't. I remember there were 2 guys always working on their cars down the street so I ran (still barefoot) down the street to their house and didn't even knock. I flung their front door open and screamed for help. They ran back to my house with me with a huge rock. We broke my back door (which is glass) and ran inside. It was too late though. The fire was on the ceiling above our heads. Those two guys probably still think I'm crazy. I was crying to them in my yard while we waited for the fire department. They were telling me DH would just be glad I was ok and I remember sobbing and saying, NO he's going to be really mad! lol

Yikes so that was not a quick recap. We were out of our house for 5 months. The smoke damage was awful. They repained every room in the house. The entire downstairs had to have the ceiling removed and redone. The hardwoods downstairs were all replaced. The carpet upstairs was all replaced. All of the beds, couches, ect. were ruined by the smoke.

Here are a couple pics. The first one is a before picture:

Last edited by PinkCloud; September 15th, 2010 at 01:01 PM.
September 15th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hi christy!! i could of sworn i wrote in your journal before i left...hmm...oh well....lol!
anyways, im glad to hear youve started TTC!! and OMG your DH is the cutest for how he let you know he was ready!!awww!!!

Quote:
I guess when you've been waiting 2 years to even begin TTC that now that we've actually started the past 2 years of waiting suddenly feels like it's on my shoulders and I'm in a hurry. I know 2 people who have recently announced pregnancies and it makes me feel more hurried. I feel bad for feeling anxious.
i TOTALLY understand your anxiousness, and also understand you feeling bad about it....weve WTTC for almost a year i guess, and 4 months of it i feel was 'wasted' because when i came off of BCP my body wouldnt do anything*sigh* so now im on my 2nd cycle (and same CD as you! lol!) so im hoping that i get a + OPK in the next couple days so i dont waste a bunch more time waiting for my body to figure out WTH its doing,lol! .....sorry to ramble, and im not even sure if what i wrote makes sence,hahahah!! but i just mean to say that i understand your frustrations of being so anxious early on in the game

....and im so sorry to hear about your house! ...but since you said you were out of your house for 5 months..does that mean your back in now??? i sure hope so!!!
September 15th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
I'm so sorry that you are having to have patience already with the darn OPK's. I can only imagine waiting for 2 years to finally TTC. Also using this many digis is going to get expensive fast! Last cycle I bought my digis on ebay and spent about $40 for 40 of them. I was so excited. Another thing I wish I would have done if I would have started from day 1 is get the ovacue fertility monitor. Its pricey but I think it would be worth it-- I still may get it. However my eternal optimism has me thinking its still going to be any month for me. However OPK's annoy me for a number of reasons I won't get into here

OMG!!! First off your kitchen is gorgeous!! I don't cook much either but it sure would make me want to. I can't even believe those after pics-- wow. You must have felt soooo bad. However its a great story now that you can laugh at it I love the fact that you were barefoot and in a robe. I especially loved that you flung the door open of someone's house to get help. Oh boy the things we do...

I'm glad that all is better and thanks for sharing that story
September 15th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Tara (I had to look up your name in your journal ) - we're cycle buddies!! Yay. Everyone seems to be later in their cycles so it's nice to have someone near me, too! Your dogs are SO cute! I love that they have people names, too...Dave and Gus. That's so cute. Coming off of the pill sucks. I hate waiting for my body to regulate again. I wish it happened fast for everyone. Ruby the baby psychic told me I'd get a bfp/conceive in February (a girl) so we'll see. I went completely bonkers and ordered another reading from another girl after that to see if their predictions are the same. LOL. TTC has made me lose it. And btw, yes...we're back in our house. Thanks for stopping by my journal! I hope to get to know you better I'm still trying to keep up with journals! I love writing in mine (it's such a good place to vent).

Sam - I can totally laugh about the fire now but I was really sad for awhile. I felt like an awful wife. For awhile I had a lot of anxiety over leaving the house because I was terrified there would be a fire when I was gone and my dogs would be stuck inside. I wanted to go to the dr. and be put on anti-anxiety meds but DH (who is a pharmacist) wouldn't let me because he said I'd get hooked. Whatever I still have some anxiety about fires but not nearly as bad. Those digi OPKs are awesome but if it takes awhile to get my + hpt it could get $$$$. Oh well. DH has his toy (a boat) and I guess I have mine (OPKs) - how sad, I want a better toy! lol
September 17th, 2010, 06:59 AM
CD 17 ~ Negative OPK. I'm off until next Thursday so I'm praying and keeping my fingers crossed that I O before then. I never paid attention before now about ovulating and CM, ect. so everyday when I do my OPK I always feel like it's going to be negative because I don't feel and different. I just feel confident that I will get my bfp one day. I'm not super religious or anything but I prayed every night that when the time was right that God would let DH know when it was time to TTC. I prayed for 2 months every night for this and then on our 2 yr anniversary, without any pressure from me, DH said he was ready. So I just feel like it's meant to be. That may sound weird but it comforts me in a way.

I need to get my butt off of the couch and into gear. I have a lot to do today. Clean, laundry, take dog to get her nails cut, get my bridesmaid dress altered, bank. All by 5:00 because our friends are stopping in from out of town before continuing on their drive tomorrow to the coast. Luckily, the house is already fairly straightened up...so I just need to clean the bathrooms, floors, ect.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Good luck and to any of you wonderful girls who are testing this weekend!

Last edited by PinkCloud; September 18th, 2010 at 07:26 AM.
September 18th, 2010, 03:06 PM
CD 18 ~ Negative OPK and Negative HPT. I took my first pregnancy test. My friend convinced me to. I missed a pill 3 days before stopping bcp so I talked myself into thinking maybe I Oed because of the missed pill? So even though I feel 100% normal and have 0 symptoms, except being tired but I work night shift so I'm always tired, we went to the dollar store and got a $1 cheapo test. Negative! I knew it would be.

Scratch that... CD 18 ~ Positive OPK!!! I took another one this afternoon and the test line popped up right away...just as dark as the control!

Last edited by PinkCloud; September 18th, 2010 at 04:22 PM.
September 18th, 2010, 05:10 PM
That's a gorgeous temp dip to coincide with that + OPK. Have fun catching that egg
September 18th, 2010, 08:04 PM
PiXiE*DuSt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to PiXiE*DuSt
for the + opk!!!! Get to BDing lady!!!

BTW, your kitchen looks GREAT! Actually it looks similar to mines (just mine is smaller) and we have stainless steel appliances. I love the hardware floors tho! They're so easy to clean huh??

Thanks Claire1979 for my siggie!

September 19th, 2010, 03:56 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Christy!! YAY for an awesome temp drop!!! Looks like your body is ready when you are!!!
September 19th, 2010, 12:13 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
That is a beautiful +opk!!! I hope you caught your eggie and just like you got a surprised opk you get a surpise bfp!!!!

September 19th, 2010, 02:54 PM
CD 19 ~ Positive OPK!

September 19th, 2010, 03:47 PM
After all this time, I still can't quite stop myself from getting excited when I see that smiley face!!!! Have fun catching that eggie

September 19th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's great Christy - catch that eggie!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

September 19th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiXiE*DuSt View Post
for the + opk!!!! Get to BDing lady!!!

BTW, your kitchen looks GREAT! Actually it looks similar to mines (just mine is smaller) and we have stainless steel appliances. I love the hardware floors tho! They're so easy to clean huh??
Tashia, I LOVE the hardwoods! I use the Shark steamcleaner to clean them and I love it. I just hate that everytime my dogs drink water or come in from outside (like in the morning when the grass has dew on it) and they get water on it constantly! lol.

Thanks Chrissy, Jacklyn, Judy, and Sam! I can't believe it's positive, I thought Id be OPKing every day for months bc of the pill.
September 19th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yay for + OPK!!!! thats so exciting!! especially so soon after coming off BCP!! (i might just be a tid bit jealous there,lol ) but seriously, thats so awesome! hope you got some good BD time in there!!!
September 20th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveLoveLaugh View Post
yay for + OPK!!!! thats so exciting!! especially so soon after coming off BCP!! (i might just be a tid bit jealous there,lol ) but seriously, thats so awesome! hope you got some good BD time in there!!!
Tara, I feel lucky that my cycles seem to be regulating (fingers crossed!). I was preparing myself in my mind in case it took longer.

Today is my third day in row that I'm getting a + OPK. Saturday morning it was negative (using the digi) but when I used the Answer OPK stick in the afternoon it looked positive to me. DH thought it was negative, he said it wasn't 'as dark' as the control line. So it's undetermined if Saturday was positive or not. I didn't want to use a digi because that would've been 2 in one day and they're expensive. Yesterday it was def + because the digi was smiling. Today (Monday) it was still smiling. We BD on Sat and yesterday but today....DH is driving me crazy. He has an interview Tuesday and is nervous so he's acting like he's not interested in BD! lol I explained to him at the beginning of our TTC journey that not being in the mood is not an option. Maybe I am going about this the wrong way. Maybe demanding BD is not the way to go. lol. JK But I definitely already sense the romance going out the window so I need to work on that.

Giving myself lol
September 20th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
lol, awww!! im worried about the romance going out the window aswell!!! maybe do something special tonight to set the mood or just throw on some sexy lingerie and wander around the house for a bit
September 21st, 2010, 08:38 AM
3DPO Yay! How excited am I that my cycle seems to have regulated very quickly after coming off of the pill? I'm beyond excited. Now, all I have to do is see if I get AF or not. If I do, that's okay, I will just be glad that I seem to be back on track.

FF put up crosshairs on my chart. Looks like I O'd on the 18th. I hope we BDed enough to cover it but I've got my doubts. DH was not in the mood yesterday & I can't say I blame him. He is beyond nervous for this interview. It'll be over soon & I know he will do great. He's really passionate about his field & he works so hard...I really hope he gets this promotion.

Who am I kidding? Of course my hopes are up! I'm not a lucky person and I've always considered myself to be pretty average. Could I really be lucky enough to conceive on my first try? My fingers are crossed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search