~Christy's TTC Journal~

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2010, 06:10 AM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Hello! I have been anxiously awaiting TTC and it's finally here! I'm Christy (27) and DH and I have been married for 2 years. We met through a mutual friend over 4 years ago and have have been crazy about one another ever since! I've wanted a baby since we got married but we decided to wait until we bought a house (check), had a certain amount of money in savings (check), ect. Yesterday was our 2 year wedding anniversary and DH surprised me at the end of the day by giving me a box with a baby onesie, hat, and booties that all his his fave football logo on them. Soo cute! Of course I started to cry and he told me he was ready to start trying. Yay! I am elated. Our original TTC date was Dec 2010 so I am so happy that we are starting sooner.

I was so happy that I couldn't sleep last night and when I did I dreamed that I peed on a HPT and it was positive! Here is the weird part...and I have no idea where this came from because I dont even drink!....I dreamt that I knew the hpt might not really be positive because I mixed my urine with vodka before sticking the hpt in it. Weird, huh!?! So i went to walgreens for a digital hpt but couldn't find one anywhere! I walked up and down the aisles and it was soooo crowded and I couldn't find one so I left. That's all I remember. What a weird dream.

So here it is. 9:07am and I have to work tonight (I work 7p-7a) and I can't sleep. Normally the first night I have to work i try to sleep in until around 11 or 12 so I'm alright to stay awake all night. But I'm too excited to sleep and it's gonna be a rough night! Although my chart will be super screwed up since I work fulltime overnights at the hospital (3 12-hour shifts per week) I am going to start temping I think. I should be getting day shift in the next couple of months so then I can start temping more accurately.

Tonight is my first night that I won't take birth control pills! I am nervous... I went on the pill 2 years ago because I had ovarian cysts and had a couple rupture (talk about PAIN!). I'm scared the cysts will come back. I wasn't diagnosed with PCOS but do have cysts...
Hopefully I will get a BFP soon and won't have to worry about that!!!

Sorry this is my first entry and it was kind of all over the place!!!
September 1st, 2010, 08:41 AM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hey there. Welcome to the Ttc World.....I really enjoyed reading
your 1st journal entry. Your dh sounds like a keeper.... Ive been
on J.M. (2 years in Jan 2011) &&& I have never read that a husband
bought their wife baby clothing....so this really put a smile on my
face.....I can not wait to read that you got your
September 1st, 2010, 09:40 AM
Thanks Nayomi! I agree, my DH is a keeper I actually didn't even write the whole story...with all of the carrying on I was doing, I didn't want to bore people. lol. He hid the wrapped box under the blankets on my side of the bed and after I was done getting ready for bed, I came and pulled back the blanket and saw the box. Inside were Baby Rules...and they were silly rules like the baby must be a fan of this baseball team, that basketball team, this football team, ect. Then the little outfit was inside...it was sooo cute.

I really hope to get a BFP soon! I am going Friday to have my teeth cleaned and a couple cavities filled because I heard it's good to have your teeth cleaned to prevent miscarriages. I am really, really, really excited!!!! Thanks for reading!!! I'm going to start reading others' journals, too.
September 1st, 2010, 10:50 AM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247

I agree with Nayomi-- that was a super cute story about DH. I love the part with the rooting for certain teams rule!!

I hope your stay here is short and sweet and you have no problems with your cycles regulating going off BCP.

I'm Sam BTW
September 1st, 2010, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to journal land !! I'm Jen, we've been TTC for 2+yrs, it took my DH awhile to come around to agreeing that I could go off the pill but after 9yrs he agreed I'm also a nurse and use to work those long 12hr shifts, 5 on then 5 off ...I'm now lucky enough to be a M-F 8-430p girl and LOVE it. Good luck on your TTC journey, hope your stay is short & sweet so you can put those goodies your DH gave you to use soon !!

September 1st, 2010, 06:20 PM
@Sam - Thanks for the welcome. I hope my stay is short, too. We'll see. I stopped bcp yesterday & already have AF (due to going off bcp, of course). I can't wait for her to go away now! lol. Do you play hockey or does your hubby? Hockey is the only sport I enjoy watching!

@Jen - Thanks for the reply. Do you have a journal, too? I need to start reading some. I read some entries when I was lurking but it seems like they're all so long already...I have a lot of catching up to do! I am still working 7p-7a 3 nights a week, ugh!! Soon I will be switching to days though so that'll be a little better. I'd love to teach though so hopefully once I finish my master's I can do that!

Seriously, though...TTC is now all I think about. I really can't let this stress get to me! I wasn't going to journal or chart the first few months and just try not to think about it...but it's hard. I think I'm going to buy some OPKs once my cycle regulates.
September 2nd, 2010, 11:30 AM
Waiting, waiting, waiting...of course, AF is here because I stopped the pill. So I'm just waiting for her to leave so we can finally TTC. I need to work on my patience because right now DH and I are terribly excited and I don't want to let him down. I'm kind of glad I am working Friday, Saturday, and Sunday...that way I won't have to spend the whole weekend anxious.

Tomorrow morning I go to the dentist for a cleaning. When I went last year he told me I needed a couple of cavities filled & I never went back to have it done - so I know I'll need some work done. Hopefully he can do it tomorrow or early next week. Ugh, I hate the dentist. My stomach turns nervously just thinking about it. I wish they could just give me sedation and do everything they need to do at once. Lol.
September 2nd, 2010, 03:54 PM
Gypsy Sun's Avatar Awesome Mommy to be
I'm Tamara and I haven't been here long. But, I hope you get your very soon! You will find lots of support here if you need it... and even if you don't!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com -
September 3rd, 2010, 11:27 AM
Hi Tamara! Thanks for the encouragement; I will definitely need support throughout this process. We moved 12 hours from home for DH's job 2 years ago and while we've made friends here, it's just not the same. Plus, DH and I aren't telling people we are TTC because we don't want the added pressure. So I am already bursting to tell my mom and sister because I'm excited.

So today...I bought my very first pack of OPKs and a thermometer! My first temp was 98.48. I don't know how to link up my chart to my signature...even though I don't have a signature! lol. I should get one. I'm super pumped to start charting and temping and OPKing. I hope I am not psyching myself up only to be disappointed. Especially because I just stopped bcp so it may take awhile! But I'm excited to be trying.

The brand of OPKs I bought was called 'Answer' and 20 tests came for like $21.99 and I got the thermometer from the same section for $9.99. Plus, DH is a pharmacist at the store I bought the stuff from so I get a discount. Score! But those OPKs are expensive!! It says that 20 strips are a months supply but if I only use them the week I suspect I am going to O then why should I use all 20? I dunno, I will probably get pee happy. I was going to pee on one when I get home but since AF is here I opted not to. Although I still really want to... lol This TTC stuff is going to drive me nuts; I'm glad I started a journal though because writing all this stuff makes me feel better. I almost told the girl at the checkout counter about how excited I was but I refrained because I thought she'd think I was weird.

Funny story, since DH and I aren't telling people about our TTC decision (when people have asked we just tell them sometime next year) I didn't go to the store he works at for my OPKs and thermometer because everyone there knows me. So I went to a different one and I was squatted down looking at all of the different boxes and I see DH's store manager. Lmao. I walked out of the aisle and he saw me and waved. I grabbed the stuff and checked out fast. It wouldn't have been a big deal but go figure, I go somewhere else to avoid people we know and run into someone anyway.

This weekend I have to work Friday, Saturday AND Sunday night! Ugh. My temps are going to be off...and I just really don't want to work this weekend. Once we have a baby I think I will start working PRN...that means I would work on an as needed basis. Then I could make my own schedule and work around DH's schedule. Since we don't have family here I think it'd be hard to find childcare and I dont want to send an infant to daycare. We'll see though...I am getting WAY ahead of myself!
September 3rd, 2010, 03:36 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I hope that no matter what you have to go through know that we are all here for you with support and knowledge on so many different situations. Your story about trying to avoid people you know but then running into them at the store you purposly went too is so funny!! You will find that being able to write down your feelings, your questions, your ups and downs will be so helpful in your journey of TTC!!! Good Luck Hun

Oh yeah My name is Jacklyn and DH is Allan and this is our 6th cycle ttc.!!!

September 3rd, 2010, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacklynA View Post
I hope that no matter what you have to go through know that we are all here for you with support and knowledge on so many different situations. Your story about trying to avoid people you know but then running into them at the store you purposly went too is so funny!! You will find that being able to write down your feelings, your questions, your ups and downs will be so helpful in your journey of TTC!!! Good Luck Hun

Oh yeah My name is Jacklyn and DH is Allan and this is our 6th cycle ttc.!!!
Hi Jacklyn! Thanks for checking out my journal! A couple hours later DH called me and said, did you see Mr. Ashe at the other Walgreens? lol. DH is SO private and I am total opposite. I have the biggest mouth & when I'm excited about something I want the world to know! lol. Thanks for the nice welcome. I hope you and your hubby get your BFP really, really soon!
September 4th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Horrible night at work. I think that's been one of the busiest nights since I started there. I was so tired and had such a headache that I actually cried when I got in my car. Haha. Really though, if the ER paged me one more time I probably would have thrown that pager. But I came home and luckily DH and his good friend had plans today to go ziplining so I was able to sleep until almost 3:00. Up, shower, hang around the house for a couple hours and go back to work to do it all over again. Hmmm...would I rather the ER or NICU pager today? I wish there were still 3 people on nights instead of 2. When it gets busy 2 is just not enough. But I understand because when it's not busy 2 is more than enough. So I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that tonight is a better night.

Also, today was my second day temping and CD 4 for me. My temp went down to 98.1 (it was 98.6) yesterday and I took it at the same time I did yesterday....although yesterday was not upon waking it was upon me buying it at Walgreens. lol Oh well. DH doesn't think we need charting and OPKs but I do. I have to stop being so optimistic about this month because AF might not come back for a couple months because of the pill! I don't know...I just have a feeling I will get back on track easily - but doesn't everyone?

Waiting, waiting, waiting...I don't want to wish the days and months by but I'm excited to get moving with this journey. I feel like I've been given the green 'go' and haven't moved yet.
September 4th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Checking out my signature...seeing if it worked...?

Last edited by PinkCloud; September 4th, 2010 at 07:14 PM.
September 5th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Wizza's Avatar TTC our first since 2009
Hi Christy, welcome to journals. I hope things happen fast for you so you don't have to worry about the cysts coming back. You will be a pro at charting and OPKs in no time! Oh and I really like your siggy.

September 5th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your siggy is so so so beautiful!!!!!!!
September 5th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Thank you Melissa and Nayomi!

Ahhhh I am so excited. AF is almost gone~Dh and I can finally start TTC. I am really trying not to get my hopes up because I don't know how long it will take AF to return but just to be trying is good enough (for now). Outside of my department at work their is a gift shop. Hanging in all the windows are the CUTEST newborn clothes. Sometimes I see really adorable little outfits and I'm tempted to buy it but I never have. Ok back to work I go...
September 6th, 2010, 12:16 PM
So I don't know if I should bother temping or not anymore. The times I've had to chart have been so irregular. If I work overnight and am scheduled the next night, too...I have to sleep longer, so I temp at 2:00pm. If I work overnight and am off the next night I wake up early - around noon - so that I can sleep that night normally. It's just all over the place and my temps are crazy. I'm sick of my boss at work telling me that I'll have days soon but then nothing ever happens. Oh well...nights aren't that bad.

So AF is finally gone. I know it's too early but since I since bcp only last week my first O could really come at any time. That was my logic when deciding to pee on my first OPK this morning, which was negative. I knew it would be. 19 OPKs left...I'm going to order more on the internet.

On a happy note, I took my 6 year old dog to the vet the other day for her knee. She's half pug/half beagle and pretty chunky so she's getting arthritis at a young age. Good news...no surgery. Bad news...she needs to lose weight. This is bad because the poor girl hates to exercise. She doesn't like to walk and constantly stands on her back legs and scratches my thighs with her front paws...trying to get me to pick her up. At least she doesn't need surgery though and we are going to work on weight loss.
September 7th, 2010, 01:01 PM
This is going to sound completely irrational but I'm really annoyed today. It's my fault, I know that. I should have done my research. But still. I wish my doctor told me that my periods may not come back for up to one year after stopping the pill. Especially because I was almost 26 years old and married. I wish she would have at least warned me, like hey you know, if you want kids this is just something to consider. It may not have changed my mind but it may have. I've been reading things where women say that it took them a year to be regular again. A year? Ugh. I hope it doesn't take me that long. I've also read where women get pregnant the week after stopping the pill. What's done is done though.

I shouldn't have done an OPK today because it's too soon but I did anyway. Negative, of course. I knew it would be and I have to stop wasting those $$$ things. I'm going to order more online. I'll probably wait until Friday to do another one. I've got to work Wednesday and Thursday night and I'm on nursery call Friday. I will only have to go in if there is a baby on a ventilator in the nursery.

More good news...DH and I are going to the beach next weekend! I'm excited. We are meeting friends there on Saturday and Sunday but are going to go a couple days beforehand to have a few days to ourselves. Now I just have to get through this weekend and then I'll be beachbound the next!
September 7th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey247 View Post

I agree with Nayomi-- that was a super cute story about DH. I love the part with the rooting for certain teams rule!!

I hope your stay here is short and sweet and you have no problems with your cycles regulating going off BCP.

I'm Sam BTW
I love the certain teams rule!!! sounds like something my hubby would do!!! lol our guys can be soooooooooooooooooooo dang cute when they want to be cant they?

Im glad your starting a journal Christy!!! cant wait to get to know you better!!! but I hope you will move on to the grads FAST!!!!
September 7th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
as far as the whole getting your period goes... yeah it SUCKS!!! but you were only on it for 2 years? I was on it for about 5 years... and for me I dont really count as "normal" anyways because I have Endo... and did all of these different drugs for it that messed my body up for a LONG time!!! so just breath... if you are one of the not so lucky ones then theres nothing really you can do about it... you can get on provera... thats what I was on for 4 or 5 months straight... and that gave me head aches up the ying yang... but I was willing to do it to get a baby!!! and Ive been off of EVERYTHING since March I think... and I just got my period on my own 3 months ago!!! so yeah... sorry Im no help... but HUGE SUPER DUPER FREAKING BIG FAT GIANT MONSTER HOOKER FANGBANGER I hope you get your period and O with no problems!!! hang in there girl!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search