Dani's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2010, 07:30 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The red flow of DEATH has come with a vengeance! I'm more upset by the fact that the cramps are INSANE than the fact that I'm not PG. REally, even though it lasted 2 months, it was only my first cycle, so that means it can only go up from here

However, the best part of being PG (other than the baby...) will probably be the absence of these death cramps. Even on BCP there were still bad and I once was left crying up all night, but off of BCP they are worse. Ugh. Good think I took a sick day today.

Sooo back to CD 1. My first real cycle off BCP lasted 71 days, and I O'd around CD 57-58. I HOPE this next cycle is not as long. But first let's get through this red monster. <---My uterus is the computer.

October 25th, 2010, 08:47 AM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
The red flow of death.. I like that! Its a very fitting title. May start calling it RFOD instead of AF. I am really sorry that the nasty witch showed.

I hope your cycle this month is getting closer to normal and it isnt' a long wait!

I LOVE your cookie idea. My DH is a huge fan of Great American Cookie Company (not sure if that is just a local thing or not) So I might get him a cookie cake and put something like that on it. Something about being a daddy. Oh man he would flip!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!

Last edited by kelbert; October 25th, 2010 at 01:26 PM.
October 25th, 2010, 10:41 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Hi Dani

Becky here, I just made it up to the journals and started mine the other day There is so much going on up here Im not sure I will be able to keep up. Anyway I just thought I would pot to you because your story of your crazy cycle with the symptoms and everything is soo much like what I am going through now, except that I have been off BC for years so its not that. Anyway it's nice to know other peoples bodies do the same crazy stuff as yous isnt it?
I'm sorry AF or RFOD came to you recently but I love your positive attitude it is a real pick me up right now. I hope I can keep up with the journals now and I look forward to reading more about you.

October 26th, 2010, 09:50 AM
I wish I could have stayed home another day. The cramps aren't as bad, and neither is the bleeding, but I just feel horrible. And tired. I hadn't been all that tired lately but today I just don't feel like doing anything. Luckily I only have about 3 more hours of work, then time for the 1.5-2 hour commute home

I <3 my job, just hate the drive!! I'm *hoping* that whenever I DO have kids I'll be able to work from home some days. My company seems pretty lax about that kind of thing, so if I could do 2 days in the office and 3 at home, that would be awesome, and would also cut down on daycare costs (unless I could get my brothers to babysit those other 2 days... then I wouldn't have to pay much at all!! Wishful thinking as I'm not even close to PG yet )

Is it bedtime yet?

October 28th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Ugh CD 4... this is just dragging. Not much left to AF, but I want to be at O time already.
I'm really worried that I'll have another 70+ day cycle. If only my body would regulate itself, then it wouldn't be so difficult to track.

I was hoping to be PG by Thanksgiving so I could tell all my family together, but that won't happen now. Next hope is by Christmas, but if I have another super long cycle, then that'll go out the window. My biggest hope still is that I get PG before turning 25, but unfortunately my birthday is 3 weeks after Christmas, so if I'm not PG by then then I doubt it'll happen by January 14th.

It's just one of those blah days.

October 30th, 2010, 05:29 AM
Woohoo! AF has officially STOPPED!

CD 6 today, and hoping to get lucky with a short cycle (and by short I mean about 28-35 days). I'll be taking some OPKs starting next week, so we'll see if anything comes up!

October 30th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
HOORAY for AF packing up & shipping onwards !!!!! Hope you have a great w/e !

November 1st, 2010, 09:41 AM
CD 8... and I can't believe it's November already!
The weekdays have just been dragging on, but then the weekend comes and I feel like 2 seconds later I'm getting up for work again. Ugh. And it doesn't help that my cycle will probably be dragging, too. I wish there were some way to tell exactly how long your cycle would be in any given month.
I'll probably take an OPK tomorrow to see if its going anywhere. I took one on Saturday but the test part was white. When I took them last month the test line would get progressively darker when I got closer to O, so it will be a good sign when even a little bit of pink shows up.
Here's hoping for a chance to catch an eggie before the holidays!!

November 1st, 2010, 09:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i totally hear yah on the wanting to tell everyone at a big holiday get together! i thought for sure thanksgiving was gonna be it for me too, but obviously not *sigh* so hopefully christmas will be it for both of us

.....i hope you can move onto having a nice normal length cycle!!! long cycles are so very frustrating!!
November 1st, 2010, 10:33 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Yes lets all tell our familiies at christmas!

November 2nd, 2010, 09:43 AM
Sorry if
So it's lunchtime, and I had some orange slices. Took a bit of one and for some reason I tasted throw up. I dunno if it's the fruit or just me because I JUST BOUGHT these oranges and the one I had yesterday was delicious. And my carrots didn't taste right either. Now I'm feeling a bit

If I were in the 2WW I would think this was a PG symptom, but I'm only CD 9... and I REALLY don't want to be getting sick. Ugh. And I was so looking forward to that orange But am too afraid to take another bite just in case it is bad. I'll have to have DH be the taste-tester later.

Haven't taken an OPK as of yet, but plan to either today or tomorrow after work, though I'm expecting it to be blank.

I'm also thinking of starting up my own chart and hopefully get a better handle on this TTC thing. Should I wait until next AF to start temping, or just jump into it now? A big concern of mine though it that I usually don't get 3 full hours of sleep before waking up. Last night for instance Chester decided to pace around the bed at 3AM and didn't stop until I invited her to jump on the bed. Then it was time to wake up at 5. Or my body will be a ***** to me and decide that I need to wake up at 4:30 for no reason...
Do you think it would even be worth it to temp?

November 2nd, 2010, 11:39 AM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Yuck sounds like a pregnancy symptom to me! Too bad you're only CD9!

I would start temping now to get used to doing it every morning. When you start in the middle of your cycle you may or may not get CHs or you may have to add them yourself. Technically, they say to temp at the same time every morning and after you've been asleep for at least 3 hours. But lots of people wake up throughout the night & still temp. Good luck!
November 2nd, 2010, 12:23 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
I started temping in the middle of my cycle because I wanted it to become a habit. When I temp its never after 3 straight hours of sleep. I wake up during the night a LOT. And usually during the week off and on right before the alarm is supposed to go off.

I don't worry to much because its the same thing every day for me. Now if I were temping and it was where I got solid sleep a few nights then work up a lot the next I would worry. But I have a pretty normal irregual pattern... if that makes sense. haha.

That sucks about your orange. Hopefully you aren't getting sick. I hate when I want to eat something and it doesn't taste right. Such a disappointment!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
November 2nd, 2010, 04:16 PM
Wooo, I started a chart . I'll add temps starting tomorrow (provided I remember to). We'll see how this goes

November 2nd, 2010, 07:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
im sure you will find temping to be realllllly addicting!!! i usually find myself excited for bedtime-just so i can wake up and temp,hahaha!!
November 3rd, 2010, 04:26 AM
I my random blue dot
Although my temp seems kind of low. Usually when I would take (checking for fevers) it would be somewhere in the 70s. But it's also really cold in the bedroom...we have to put plastic on the windows this weekend to keep some of the cold out!
PS--I hate this rental house.

November 3rd, 2010, 09:58 AM
Well it turns out that the drafty windows are the least of our worries with this house...

We received a letter last week from some attorney's office saying they found out on public record that a complaint has been filed on the house we are renting regarding foreclosure. I emailed my landlord right away asking about it and asking if we had anything to worry about. She just said to send the letter to her. So I scanned it so I could have a copy for my records and sent it along to her, asking again if we need to be worried. All she says is that she needs to read the letter and that she is going through a "loan modification." No straight answer.

At that point I got more snippy with my response and said "Whether or not you are going through a "loan modification" you should still be able to tell me if the house is in or heading toward foreclosure. I would appreciate a straight answer on this now as it DOES affect our lives."
Her response: "I apprreciate your concern, and I will keep you informed should there be any cause for worry. As of right now it all seems to be working out, should circumstances change you will be the first to know."

Yesterday I emailed her asking if she received the letter and what it was about. She responded "It was just a mailing. As I said Jason and I are working on a loan modification which show up in public records. I realize this is a little unsettling, however it does not affect your situation with regards to your renting. Please call me on my cell if you want to discuss."

This morning a sheriff showed up to the house and spoke with DH. Apparently the house IS going into foreclosure. We started renting here in August 2009 (1-year lease) and renewed our lease back in May since we planned on staying another year and wanted to get the paperwork out of the way. Now 2.5 months into the new lease we find out that the landlord isn't even paying the mortgage... even AFTER I asked her several times if everything was ok with the house!
The sheriff gave DH the name of the mortgage company and the number to the landlord's attorney. I tried calling the attorney at lunch but whoever I need to talk to wasn't available. I just need to know what's going on. And I am SO PISSED at my stupid landlord!!!

Ugh. My mom said we will always have a place to live, but the last thing I want to do is live at home with my parents and 2 brothers. There is nowhere near enough room for me, DH, and 2 dogs. This sucks.

November 6th, 2010, 09:31 AM
So I got ahold of that attorney but all they would tell me is that they work with the bank and they couldn't give me any information. I called the mortgage company but they also would not give me any information since I am not the owner. I think it should be illegal to withold ALL information from renters.

After those failed attempts, I called the landlord. As it turns out, she had NO IDEA that the house was going into foreclosure. Apparently her son got into some trouble a couple of years ago and they missed paying the mortgage for 2 months. Ever since then though payment has been on time. She thought the mortgage company was working with them but apparently not. She told me they are going to speak with a lawyer and that no matter what we will not be out of a place to live. But that doesn't make me feel much better...

So I guess we'll see what happens.

On the TTC front, I just started charting, not sure how my temps look though, so any feedback would be great. I am still really hoping that I O soon. I'm CD 13 now and CM seems to be progressing nicely...

November 6th, 2010, 08:53 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my, Dani! I really hope things work out for you and your rental situation. I can't imagine how much stress you're feeling about that and it stinks that so much info is being withheld from you when it's YOU that it affects more than just about anyone!!

And I'll drop off some O dust for you so that maybe you end up in the 2ww sooner rather than later!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

November 8th, 2010, 03:21 PM
!!!!
I took an OPK when I got home from work and saw the FAINTEST line... but it was still a line!! Maybe I will O soon!

Thanks for the O dust Jackie!!

I'm just super excited to NOT have a 71-day cycle again!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search