Dani's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2010, 04:27 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
yay for faint lines! I just took my first OPK and got a faint line too! I was so excited you would think It was a preggo test haha hope you get everything worked out with your house. I would try not to worry too much. The proceedings will probably take a while if the landlord is fighting back, and even if it gets foreclosed the purchaser might still rent it out and keep you on.

November 9th, 2010, 09:54 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So this is probably but it's my journal so I don't care

I have been trying to read up on EWCM vs semen, but it hasn't been very helpful, so I'm hoping some of you ladies can enlighten me!

Last night DH and I DTD. I put "watery" CM in my chart for yesterday. I went to the bathroom after DTD before going to sleep, and again this morning but everything seemed normal down there. The next time I went to the bathroom was around noon today (I know, I'm bad for not drinking enough water...).

Anyway, when I just went at noon there was a LOT of stuff when I wiped and I'm having a hard time determining if it was EWCM or semen from last night. Would semen still be in there after going to the bathroom twice, and about 16 hours later? Whatever it was it was shiny, but it didn't look clear to me, and it was very slippery and a bit stretchy... I didn't pay much attention to CM last cycle so I have nothing to compare to, and every cycle before that I was on BCP so I didn't have any fertile CM.

Any help would be great! I've already marked it on my chart as EW, but if you all think it's semen then I can go in and change it. I'm going to be taking another OPK when I get home to see if the line has gotten any darker... and we'll probably be BDing tonight anyway regardless of whatever the mucusy stuff is

**UPDATE**
I just got a closer look next time I went to the bathroom, and it is definitely clear, slippery, and stretchy (stretched at LEAST 1-2 inches), so I'm fairly certain it IS EWCM So excited!

Last edited by DaniM0820; November 9th, 2010 at 10:33 AM.
November 9th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Sounds like it to me, Yay! Lucky You BD BD BD Catch that Eggie!!!

November 10th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Another very faint OPK last night It's very discouraging. Not sure how my temps look since I'm still clueless about that, but CM seems to be gearing towards O, just wish the OPKs would follow suit.

I think I'll take another one Friday-ish since I only have about 5 left and don't want to buy more *just in case* I were to get PG this time around...

November 11th, 2010, 09:50 AM

I have such an amazing hubby. I opened my lunchbox this morning and he left me a napkin note!
It says: "I love you baby, I really really do and can't wait till you are prego so I can love you while making love to a prego so hurry up. Just kidding. But seriously please do"

What a nutter. After I read it I texted him and told him that I can only do so much about getting pregnant, but I'm so happy by how excited he is! And but for some reason me being PG would be a real turn on for him, as he's told me several times....

Anyway, on the TTC front, I'm not sure if I O'd recently as I don't seem to have much CM, but the OPKs I've taken have all been negative. Faint lines, but still super negative... Should I assume I O'd or wait for a +OPK?

November 11th, 2010, 10:11 AM
DexysMidnight's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi there, I'm Eileen. Just wanted to stop by and drop off so O- I hope you get that + soon

November 11th, 2010, 01:26 PM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Aww your DH sounds super sweet! How nice of him to leave you notes in your lunch!
Looking at your chart I can't really tell if you've Od yet because you didn't temp the whole time but your CM charting looks like you will O soon. I'd keep doing OPKs and BDing and see what your temps and OPKs do. My OPKs are faint lines one day and BAM + the next so you never know...

Good luck!
November 11th, 2010, 05:38 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I would keep checking...it does look like you are gearing up to O....... I have had it many times that in one day.... I test in the morning and - and then in the afternoon it's a +.....don't give up hope, I'm dropping of some O dust for you!!!!

November 12th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks for all the dust, ladies!

I took another OPK today, and though it's still negative, the line is way darker than it was!! Looks to be about halfway there!!
So I'm totally hoping for a + one sometime this weekend! Which would be really nice because I only have 3 tests left and don't want to have to buy more...

so excited!

November 13th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Hope you get your +! I'm still waiting for mine as well but Im sure its not quite due yet anyway I'm just anxious because it's my first time with OPK's

Your DH sounds great! Enjoy him.

November 13th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Sooooo...was it + this morning? I love when my line starts to darken & I know it's almost there! I hate how expensive those tests are, too - but I always use way too many of them. But I hope it was + today! Hope you're having a great weekend and lots of to you!
November 13th, 2010, 08:05 AM
I'm not sure if they are positive now! I looked at the one from yesterday compared to the one today, and they look the same. The whole test line wasn't dark, just one sliver on the side...

I have one more left and saved the others, so I will post a pic of them all after taking the last one tomorrow and hopefully can get some input.

In the mean time, I've been super horny so DH and I have been BDing almost every day this week. Hopefully his soldiers are waiting for an eggie (or 2... I would love twins! )

November 14th, 2010, 11:08 AM
The picture quality if really bad, but here are my OPKs:

The first is CD 15, then CD 16, then 18, 19, 20, and 21.
I'm beginning to think they were + on CDs 19 and 20. Half of the test line is darker than the control line. Today even though it kind of looks positive in the pic, the test line is actually lighter than the control line.

Soooo it looks like I O'd either yesterday or today! Still waiting for some confirmation on my chart, but that's what I'm going to say. DH and I will get some BDing in today, but I think we covered our bases pretty well. Now all we do is wait...

Hoping for some good news in 2 weeks!!

November 14th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
I agree with the days of the + OPK and it definitely looks like you have things covered as far as BD'ing!!

and
November 14th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Your OPK's look good! Hope you catch the eggie(s) be careful what you wish for twins are a lot of work but who am I trying to kid, they are the best thing ever!

November 15th, 2010, 04:05 AM
So I think I messed up my temp for today... Not only did I initially wake up at 4 and couldn't get back to sleep right away, but when I did wake up (for good) at 5:15 I went to turn on my lamp and the light blew, so I had to tell DH to turn his on so I could temp. Now it is super low at 96.5... I'm so confused.
When I took it 30 minutes later (after I was up and getting ready for work) it was 97.1.

How close to O will you see a temp dip? It just seems like that is a HUGE dip, I'm not sure what to make of it... Could today be O day? Does that mean I should get one more BD in? I told DH that he could have a bit of a break after last night since I've kind of been wearing him out (hehe, oops! ...but that's only because of the increased sex drive). Ugh I wish this was all easyyyyyyy.

November 15th, 2010, 08:37 AM
I think you will probably O today and see a nice temp rise tomorrow. I could be wrong though but that's just what I would guess based on your + OKPs and your temp dip today. You typically see the temp dip the day of ovulation...and then you O and the next morning your temp should shoot up. It looks like you BDed enough to cover it but one more BD couldn't hurt. good luck! I hope you catch your eggie this month!
November 15th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
my first thought before i read christys post is you must be O'ing today! i am sure youll see a big temp jump tomorrow!! ....sorry DH, but a BD'ing you should go
November 15th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Thanks, ladies! I got nervous from the huge temp dip, but it's good to hear that it's ok! Looks like this is a 36-day cycle for me Soooo much better than 71 days!

As for DH, I guess I'll have to put on something sexy for him--that should get him to forget about his "day off" from BDing!
But really, he shouldn't complain since he's the one always asking me if I'm pregnant yet.

sticky baby for all of us!

November 16th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Well, put on the something sexy and DH wasn't quite into it

But then about an hour later he got in the mood anyway! Woohoo!
But I promised him that he could get a break today. On the plus side, I didn't tell him until just before bed that yesterday was O day, so it didn't kill his mood during BD

And I think the fairly large temp rise confirms that O day has come and gone, right? DH will be happy to know that
I really hope this is it!! I swear () I have had SO MUCH SPERM in me the last week or so! at least ONE of his swimmers has to make it!!
I plan on taking the first HPT on Thanksgiving day, which is 10 DPO. It's a bit early for me to test, but that would be a nice thing to know before engorging myself with turkey!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search