Dani's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2010, 09:59 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello all!
I am Dani and fairly new to the JM site. I joined in September and decided to start a journal
I am 24 and DH Randy is 22. We just got married on August 20, 2010 and started TTC on the wedding night! Currently, we both say we would like to have 5 kids, so we will see how that goes. Right now I am mostly worrying about conceiving #1.

Before TTC, I took the BCP for about 7 years, with the most recent type being Seasonale for 3+ years. I went off the pill July 4, had my last pill AF July 7-11, and my first REAL AF August 15-19 (thank GOD it ended the day before the wedding!).
We BD through the honeymoon and beyond because I thought I O'd 2 weeks later. Starting September 5, I was having major pregnancy symptoms (Extreme nausea, tender bbs, fatigue, abdominal pain, etc) for 3 full weeks. After numberous BFN, I went to my doctor for a blood test, which was also negative. A week later I was still having symptoms, so the doctor ordered 2 ultrasounds (one of abdomen, one of pelvis) to see if I possibly had cysts. They also came back negative, and the symptoms went away.

After joining here and talking to some of you fabulous ladies, I learned that side effects of stopping BCP are the same as the symptoms I was experiencing, so I just decided to start waiting for AF to begin the next cycle. I even went out and bought some OPKs to see if I was even ovulating and have been casually taking them whenever the mood strikes me (and I remember to). Before BCP I was always irregular (once went over 6 months w/o AF... NOT good!) so I know it will be difficult to keep track of where I'm at in the cycle.

On CD 56 (Oct 9), after I had decided to take an OPK, I noticed that it was positive!! So DH and I BD through the weekend and in the beginning of the week. I also checked on Oct 10 and the line was darker in the morning and still positive later that day. I am just so excited that I O'd! Here I was waiting for AF and instead find out that my first cycle is still salvageable!

Currently I am (I think) 4 DPO, and look forward to testing around October 23-24. We'll see what happens!
Thanks to all who actually read this, I know a wrote a lot!

October 14th, 2010, 11:31 AM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Hi Dani I'm Christy (27); DH and I are also TTC 1#! I know the woes of coming off of bcp...I took my last pill on Aug 31. Welcome to the board - I hope your stay here is short n sweet! I look forward to reading your journal!
October 14th, 2010, 01:20 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Dani!! It's good to read your story!! I hope this is your cycle and you caught that sticky bean!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

October 14th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Hi Dani I think you will find a bunch of really supportive ladies on here. I know that having my journal has definitely helped me keep my sanity. Like Jackie said, I hope your on your way to a BFP and your stay here is short and sweet.
October 14th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks so much ladies! I love feeling welcome, but hope that I, and everyone else here, get BFPs soon!

October 14th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Dani! I'm Nikki.

You couldn't have found a better place to spend your TTC journey.

In my time here, I've learned sooo much I never knew before. There are so many things we're never taught about and the things we are taught about, I found are often incorrect.

I don't have much to add in the way of BCP experience, as I haven't been on it for YEARS... but I've definitely known many girls who have had some pretty wonky experiences coming off of them.

for getting + OPKS! I don't know if you've considered it or not... but charting will give you a ton of info about what's going on with your cycles too. If you've got cycles that aren't "text book", your temps and cm (cervical mucus) can show you if you're gearing up to O or not if things start to get a little blurry.

Something to consider... although I hope you caught your egg and don't have to worry about it!

Best of Luck & Baby

October 17th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Dani!
Im Jen, and we've been TTC for about 2 1/2yrs. I also was on BCP for about 15 yrs & when I came off it it took a few months for things to all even out in my system. Ive learned soooooooooooooooo much being on JM, its a great resource! Look forward to following you here & hope you get your positive real soon !!

October 17th, 2010, 10:24 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Hi dani!!! I'm jacklyn and my DH is Allan, all of us ladies are so supportive and have tons of knowledge about so many different things. I really hope your stay here is short and sweet and you are on your way to your beautiful BFP!!!!!!

October 20th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Hi again all, I know I've been MIA all weekend/week...things have just been super hectic.
And now I'm going to tell you why October sucks:

10/07 - Shadow, my *almost* 15-year-old dog died. We got her when I was 9, but she lived at my parents' house when I moved out last year since she was technically the family dog.

10/13 - DH and I were arguing before bed. I slammed a door open and he slammed it shut without realizing I was in the doorway. :'( My nose bled for a while and I also got a cut on it. It is still sore a week later, but at least it wasn't broken. DH felt soooo horrible about it he even cried.

10/16 - Went to Shady Maple (where I got married), which is a huuuuge smorgasbord in Amish country near Lancaster for my grandmother's birthday. Usually the food is fantastic, but for whatever reason everything was just horrible. They even screwed up the mac and cheese! How is that even possible?? So that was a disappointment.

10/23 - I'm supposed to be going out with my BFF but now we don't know if we can get together. She's having family issues, so we have to play it by ear.

All this month things have been really crazy at work that sometimes I feel like I can't keep up, but I have to because deadlines are so tight. Ugh. I would LOVE to just take a sick day and do NOTHING but all I would think about is all the work I should be doing.

Now here's my positive attitude so I don't depress myself with this post:
I'm ab out 10 DPO today, so this weekend I might be taking a PG test. Even if I'm not PG this time around I hope AF doesn't come yet. It's been 2 months since my last one but I'm not in any hurry for the next one...

October 20th, 2010, 04:22 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Really sorry to hear about your dog We have three furbabies and they are part of the family. So I understand how hard that is

I am sorry about your nose bleed but I had to giggle. My DH (then boyfriend at the time) gave me my one and only nose bleed. Tried to push me in a closet and hit me in the nose with his elbow. Haha.

You have a lot going on! But how exciting you are going to test!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
October 21st, 2010, 09:24 AM
That was my only nosebleed, too!!
I don't know how I managed, but as a kid I never had nosebleeds, stitches, or broken bones. One time in college I cut my finger and thought I'd need stitches, but the doc just put on a glorified bandaid.

I can't wait for Saturday, I think I'll take the first test that day. Although, I have ZERO symptoms--not even AF-related ones. I feel pretty ok actually.
We'll see.............

October 21st, 2010, 09:31 AM
I never broke any bones either! Not sure how... I climbed trees and did all kinds of stupid stuff. My worst injuries have been as an adult. Bloody nose and had a finger nail pulled off once. Worst pain EVER!

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you too!!! I have known people that had no symptoms and were pg. So it could be a good thing!

My Art Page!
October 21st, 2010, 10:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you've had a rough month...wouldnt a BFP just be a perfect ending & make you forget about all the yucky things !!! Keeping everything crossed for you !!!

October 21st, 2010, 05:49 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Don't worry about having no symptoms.....many women have no symptoms early in their pregnancy!!!! so sorry about this past month I hope that the end of this month will give you a surprise, so you can forget about everything else!!! I know how hard it is to lose a pet......

October 23rd, 2010, 02:26 PM
today. I've had some light cramping, so not sure if that means AF is coming. I know she usually bring intense cramps, so it's more of a wait and see kind of thing.

I'll be testing again Monday if AF doesn't come by then.

And a fun story--DH asked me when I will be testing (he knows when I O'd but doesn't know about cycles at all ) and I told him I'd take the first test next weekend.
I want to be able to surprise him whenever I get my BFP, and if he watches my every move while in the bathroom (ok, not literally) then I won't be able to do anything cute.

So anyway, I will post Monday about those test (or AF) results!

October 23rd, 2010, 04:59 PM
Your DH sounds too cute. I gotta think of a fun way to tell my DH whenever it happens.

Sorry about your BFN, but its still early, so there is still a chance for sure! Got everything crossed for you for monday!

My Art Page!
October 23rd, 2010, 06:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hey dani! im Tara glad to see you found your way into the journalling section!!! its such a great way to record your thoughts/feelings ..and of course to vent,lol

i too understand the frustrations of coming off BC....ive been off it since may and still dont know what the heck is going on cause my body is allll overrrr the place!!!!! i hope your body figures out what its doing soon!!! im glad to hear you got a +OPK though!!! thats fantastic!!!
anyways, i hope that your stay here is short and sweet
October 23rd, 2010, 07:53 PM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Sorry about your bfn Dani...I can't wait til you test again! Don't worry about the lack of symptoms...not everyone gets symptoms - some don't even know they're pregnant until that BFP!

I hope November is a getting month for you. Do you know how you are going to tell your DH when you get your BFP?
October 24th, 2010, 06:19 AM
Have some more dull achy cramping today, so I'm expecting AF to show tomorrow morning. We'll see though!

As for telling DH whenever a BFP comes along, a co-worker's wife started her own business making gourmet cookies. When my co-workers threw a surprise bridal shower for me, there were cookies made to look EXACTLY like my wedding dress. They were beautiful and sooo good!

So I really want to be able to order a batch of her cookies in the shape of bibs, onesies, rattles, and other baby-related things that I saw on her website, and also include one cookie that says "Congratulations, Daddy!" DH has a major sweet tooth so I think that would be the cutest way to tell him whenver I get PG with our first.
But if DH gets too much into my POAS business then that plan may not work since I can't order anything until after the BFP

October 24th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
aww! that would be adorable!! definately involves being a little tricky though i would just test when hes not home,lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search