* Kelli's TTC Journal *

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2010, 01:22 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
I just discovered this part of the forum! Awesome.. something else to get addicted to!

Well first off about myself.. my name is Kelli (username kelbert because a co-worker started calling me that... haha) and I am 29, my DH, Damon is 30. We are new to TTC. I quit taking BC back in May I think but we weren't actively trying.

I am on my 4th cycle (I think) of actually trying.

I starting using OPKs this time around and am going to start temping next cycle. Bought the BBT therm. but keep forgetting! Need a special alarm or something.

We have 3 furbabies that I love, but I would like a skin baby too.

CD20 Had a smiley on my OP yesterday... had some issues with DH last night and DTBD. I posted about that already. Soooo that is it for now.

OH and I am a middle school art teacher... could this day please END?!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
October 18th, 2010, 03:08 PM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Hi Kelli, I'm Christy (27). DH and I are on our 2nd cycle TTC. Welcome to the journaling section...it's a huge stress reliever to write in here! I hope you're not here long though & you're on to your due date club soon! Good luck TTC!
October 18th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hi kelly! glad to see you found the journalling section! its definately a great place for stress relief and venting
i would defiantely keep up with your temping and OPK's...just dont tell DH,lol!! obviously andrew knows were TTC, but when i talk to friends about it and hes listening in he gets all weirded out like he JUST realized were TTC,lol!!! men are strange

random sidenote: may is when i stopped taking BC aswell!!
October 18th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Thank you Christy and Tara! I am excited about being able to write stuff here.

Oh and Tara, DH would die if I talked about it in public with someone.. haha. I am going to keep doing my OPKs, just not discuss it with him

My Art Page!
October 19th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Kelli !!
I looooove it over here.....its a great place to vent, and also follow along closer to what other girls are going thru! I'm Jen, we've been TTC since may 08 when I came off the pill. We also have furbabies, 2 greyhounds we rescued....had a 3rd but unfortunately lost him a few mo. ago. I love, love, love them !!! Its nice to have you here in our journal family

October 19th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Thank you Jen!! Greyhounds are beautiful dogs! I knew a family that had one from a rescue as well. One of ours is a rescue and I think from now on that is probably the only thing we will do. Its been a such a blessing to give him a good home. Sorry about your loss. Furbabies are a big part of the family

My Art Page!
October 19th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Ok.. so I am going to use this to keep track of what is going on with everything.

Today is CD21/DPO 1 - that is if I am tracking correctly

10/14 - BD
10/16 - BD (ewcm and ovulation cramps)
10/17 - Smiley on digital OPK
10/18 - BD (still had some ewcm and cramps)
10/19 - still have some cramps, but my temp is way up

Haven't been temping regularly, but on 10/16 it was 97.14 and today was 97.7.. so I would assume the higher temp would mean ovulation passed. I really really need to remember to check it daily. GAH!

I have never known when I actually ovulated, so it was nice to get a +OPK. I really hope we DTBD at the right times. ::fingers crossed:: !!!

My Art Page!
October 19th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Hi Kelli I think you are going to love it here. I truly have no clue what I would have done without my journal.

Have you thought of signing up for fertility friend? It's what we all use to keep track of all of our temps, cm, bd, etc. Plus as you can tell we are a bunch of chart stalkers here

However from reading the above it looks like you had great timing and are definitely 1 dpo-- so congrats on being in the 2WW
October 19th, 2010, 08:39 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Hi Kelli.... I'm Jacklyn

I really think you timed it out right......congrats for being in the 2ww...... I find it easiest to buy a seperate thermometer and put right next to my bedstand so i don't have to get out of bed to temp......and once you get in a routine....it's addicting!!

and plus what Sam said.....we are all chart stalkers!!!

October 20th, 2010, 07:10 AM
2WW is torture! haha... and I made a FF account. Only has a few temps on it, but the one from today is odd.

10/16 - 97.14

10/19 - 97.7
10/20 - 97.27

From what I have learned I know that you have a temp jump after O (i think i am right) but then today it was really low. BUT my DH left for work this morning around 4:30. I took my temp then and it was 97.03 (which is not when I usually take it) so I did again at 7 my normal time. I didn't have a solid straight 3 hours, so could that be way it was so low? I don't want to be disappointed already!

I am going to make a FF ticker, but keep in mind its crazy right now and it didn't track O. Since I am just now putting in temps it doesn't make sense! Haha.

My Art Page!
October 20th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
temps after O can take a dip like you have for sure-so lets see what tomorrow brings! if you O'd it should be a high temp again!
October 20th, 2010, 10:17 AM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Since you are starting temping mid cycle you wont be able to see a clear, consistent pattern just yet. If you don't get your bfp this month & temp again next month it'll be a lot nicer!
October 20th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My guess is you may have O'ed sometime on Sunday the 17 th ??? If you dont get your BFP this month, having a full set of temps/opk's next month will make it look nice & pretty & much easier to figure out GL !!

October 20th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I think if you did O we will see a nice rise again tomorrow.There are many people that have a fall back rise on their chart. I don't know if you meant to keep your BD private-- if so then by all means thats your option. Some people (myself included) don't realize that the default is to have it private so when we look-- we can't see your pattern.

I think with the + OPK and the initial rise even with not charting the whole month we will notice a pattern. 97.7 ish is right around the range of my first post O temp.
October 20th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Christy and Jen - I know its all crazy.. haha. I wanted to start temping, but didn't know if I should wait till my next cycle. Figured I would start now and try to get into a habit of it. I did have a +OPK on Sunday.

Sam - I didn't know it was set as private! I will have to see how to fix that. I don't care if anyone here knows... we all talk about it anyways. Want to make sure I BD on the right days! Hahaha.

My Art Page!
October 20th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Ok I think I fixed it! And I have lots of TMI info on there. LOL

My Art Page!
October 20th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. I never look at anything but the bd anyways I just figured I would mention it since someone had to mention it to me too.

So after all this-- I definitely think your timing looks good
October 21st, 2010, 09:09 AM
My temps today weren't taken the way I wanted. Woke up at 5:30 and had to pee... usually don't get up until 7, but I went ahead and took my temp because my 7 was going to be screwed up too.

10/21
5:30 - 97.48
7:00 - 97.58

Wasn't sure which one to use, so I put in the 5:30 one. Up from yesterday so thats good I guess.

I hate the 2WW because I am going to be nitpicking every single little symptom. Blah.

Besides all that my DH is gone for work. He isn't offshore this week for training, so I get to go see him this weekend. I am happy about that and so is he

I am not that happy today though because I have a zit on my nose. I am 29 years old and have a zit on my friggin nose. I am a middle school teacher too... they aren't worried about pointing out the obvious.. lol.

My Art Page!
October 21st, 2010, 10:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ooooo, I like the chart now ! Even if you dont BD right on O day I know plenty of people who have gotton their BFP's. I really think it looks great though !! Nice work!

October 21st, 2010, 03:13 PM
Yay!! Ch's Did FF give them to you or did you use the override? Everything looks good. I swear I used to do the same thing with my thermometer-- now I just take the first temp of the day no matter what time. I also went through like 5 bbt's until I found one I love. However I normally temp at 7:00 am and yes I do sometimes use the br during the night too so no worries.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search