Becky's Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2010, 07:13 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Thanks, I'm really going to try to wait to test because if FF is actually right though I doubt it, then IM only 8DPO and there would literally be no chance of me being pregnant so I want to wait. Also today I had some AF style cramping across my lower back so yeah I'm really gonna try and wait at least till next week mid week at the earliest.

October 30th, 2010, 07:38 AM
I'm pretty sure I jinxed myself talking about symptoms cause I definitely have cramps today

Last edited by rmarie9509; October 30th, 2010 at 10:35 AM.
October 30th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Heres a pic of my new car! I've never had something so shiny and un-dented

November 1st, 2010, 01:20 PM
So today I had my ultrasound to check for a cyst. As she did it, the tech said that both ovaries looked good and she didn't see any cysts. Also it didnt look like any signs of PCOS. However there was free fluid under my uterus so there could have been a cyst that burst. However the pain is still there, and I've developed a swollen lymph node on the right side of my groin as well. So I'm not sure what's going on but for now I guess I will just try to ignore it

On a good note I ordered some OPK's and some pre-seed on saturday. I'm so excited. AND even better...my insurance covers all basic infertility treatments including labs, history, consultations, physical exams of both partners even SA, and requests for infertility related drugs are authorized case by case. SO pretty much everything up to IUI/IVF is covered YAY!! I'm so excited.

November 1st, 2010, 01:44 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
I haven't been here in a few days. I don't know how that happened. I love your new car-- it is really nice and shiny

I'm also glad that they found no signs of cysts-- thats great. I had a cysts a few months ago but do not have PCOS so there is a difference. My insurance covers all the same stuff yours does so Yay!! Your right it covers right until you get to IUI/ IVF. Now I wish I lived in a state where that was covered.

BTW- your chart is looking good. I am still hoping its a few days behind
November 1st, 2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
BTW- your chart is looking good. I am still hoping its a few days behind
I know me too. I had spotting last night, but it was just a little on the tp a couple times and I havent seen any today and my cervix was still high this morning so Im really hoping. I didnt get to temp today though If spotting stays stopped and my temp is still up tomorrow I think I will test on Wed morning.

November 2nd, 2010, 06:50 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't wait to see your temp today! I hope it's nice and high!!!

And I am glad that the u/s was all clear. Like Sam, I have also had cysts on my ovaries at different times, but I do not have PCOS.

Congrats on the new car--- it's so pretty!!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

November 3rd, 2010, 08:14 PM
Hey girls!
Sorry I was MIA for alittle while. I got locked out of my account b/c I couldnt remember my password haha. But it's all good now. Also AF showed up yesterday so I was spending the evening on the couch
Oh well at least I have OPK's and pre-seed to look forward to this cycle!

November 6th, 2010, 07:21 AM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
I hate AF and the few boring days following her. But for OPKs and Pre-seed! i am trying pre-seed this cycle, too!! OPKs are awesome - takes the guess work out! What kind are you using? CB digis are simple because there is either a smiley or an empty circle! Hope you're having a great weekend!
November 6th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I just ordered some cheapy strips off amazon because it's my first time with them so I will probably waste at least half of them haha.

So anyway Im on CD5 waiting for AF to dry up. It's pretty boring. I'm actually still waiting for my OPK's to come I hope today then I can at least do a pee stick as a baseline and to liven up my waiting time.
In other exciting news I have a free trial of VIP membership on FF. I really wish I could have it all the time but we are putting all our money into paying off student loans and such, and saving up to adopt which is something we want to do even if we have bio kids.

I actually want to become foster parents next year. But DH isnt sold on that yet. The informational meeting for our community is in early December so I hope he will at least decide to come to that so he has a realistic idea about it all. I also recently read a memoir on being a foster parent and it was so great. You always hear about the bad stuff of foster care but this woman gives a great account of the reality of it the good and the bad. I have to let him come around to it though because if he's not commited to it it won't work.

Our fur baby Sadie is going to get groomed today. We do it about twice a year before winter so the snowballs dont build up on her, and before summer so the burrs dont get stuck in her, but the rest of the time we leave her long. I'll post a pic after. Charlie our other fur baby has reverted back to a very scared baby. A deliveryman left packages while we were at work on Wednesday and it really scared him so now he just follows us around and hides under our desks and wont go out the door without a struggle or a major bribe. Im not sure how to make him better. He's his old self up in the bedroom and it seemed like he was coming around yesterday, but this morning he is worse again. Hopefully he will just get over it, idk.

Well I really need to get the dishes done and get ready to be seen in public since we have to leave in like half an hour. Have a good day everyone.

November 6th, 2010, 08:32 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Becky! I hope the witch is moving out!! And that is just wonderful that you plan to adopt and possibly become foster parents-- I look up to anyone that opens their hearts like that, and I think it takes very special people to do so.

I hope you're having a good weekend, and I hope Sadie enjoyed her pampering.

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

November 7th, 2010, 08:30 AM
I love Sundays!

DH is a pastor of a small church and it's so nice to hear what he has to say and his interpretations of faith and the bible. It really helps me to know him better in how he thinks and feels. It's a very special experience for me. And it's always nice to see God bringing our hearts and minds together. For example I have been feeling really called toward foster parenting lately but DH hasn't been that thrilled about it, and honestly we havent talked about it together that much because I know he will probably come around to my side if I sell it to him, but I want it to be his own choice you know. So today in his sermon he talked about this book he read and some things he has been hearing about mentor leadership and how it was something he was becoming interested in. And the premise of Mentor Leader is to be a good example and a positive influence in someones life not by being anything special or forceful just by loving and being your best self and giving them a place to become better people and have more self esteem. And I just said Thank You God! Because that is exactly what being a foster parent means to me. Here we are not talking about it to each other but being inspired by God in separate ways to be called to the same thing. And if it weren't for church I probably wouldn't have had that glimpse into his heart.

I also enjoy talking to the other women at church even though they are all older than me I really connect with them and everyone cares about each other so much, it's just joyful.

Then the afternoons are for football and naps and what could be better on a nice chilly fall day.

In the evenings we head out to another church where we run the Youth Group and what an amazing experience to be surrounded by young teens. They have so much energy. It's amazing to watch them building this community of their own. They dont realize how attatched to each other they are and how much they mean to each other but we get to observe that and know that it may be the one thing that makes a difference in their lives that community of peers that lift each other up. And man are they so much fun. We play games and talk and eat and its a great time. I'm really excited for tonight because they have been earning "money" for about a month now and tonight we will be having a mysetery auction where they will be bidding their money, but they don't know what they are bidding on it might be something great or it might be something lame.

So thats what Sundays mean to me and I'm just feeling so joyful and blessed today by Sunday that I had to share that with you.

Happy Sunday!

November 8th, 2010, 09:24 AM
MY OPK's came today I'm so excited!!!

I'm going to do one today just to have some experience since I haven't used it before and just because I really want to pee on something!! Hehe

November 8th, 2010, 01:56 PM
It sounds like you had an amazing Sunday. I just love when I feel that way I haven't had a nice joyful day in a while and I think I am way overdue! I also have been thinking of foster care a lot. I know my dh is not really on board either. I got the idea when I went to this party and a girl was fostering an infant that had to be removed from his birth mom. I though.. I could really do that and that was way before I had infant envy

for receiving your OPK's!! I'm stalking
November 8th, 2010, 02:17 PM
-Sam

Dh is coming around to fostering, we are going to our local informational meeting in decmber. I'm so excited. I think it's awesome that you are interested too. You should talk to DH again and see if he is at least willing to go to the meeting to hear more about it. Also I recommend that you read Another Place at the Table by Kathy Harrison and One Small Boat by her as well. They are such inspiring accounts of being a foster mom.

Oh and because I'm crazy here are some pics of my first ever OPK! There is a faint line! I would have been so sad if there was nothing. I'm so excited you would think this was a preggo test hahaha!

November 8th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the book recommendations. I will definitely read them.

for your first OPK. I wish I would have taken a pic of mine
November 8th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
for OPKs!!!! how many did you get?? cause chances are youre gonna be anxious to pee on something everyday!!! lol!!!
November 8th, 2010, 04:13 PM
I got the 50 for $10 from amazon cause I knew I would be going through a bunch

November 8th, 2010, 05:13 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
I work with kids that have severe disabilites. Several of them through the years have been in fostercare and then adopted by their foster parents. I have never seen love like I have between these children and their adoptive parents. They are both just so grateful for the other and are so willing to shoulder the burden that a special needs kid will carry.

Just wonderful people. And such a wonderful connection.

BTW, Im Katie. I just wanted to tell you good luck with the OPKs... I love them! makes life really easy!

November 10th, 2010, 06:20 PM
So I'm having superdiduper fun with my OPK's but today made me sad cause my line vanished. I'm not sure if it's because of the timing..? I don't know when I should take the test I wake up and leave for work right away at like 7 and the time I get home changes and I usually have to go out and do something different each night, so I've taken them like in the afternoon the first day, 9:30 last night and 7:00 tonight. Im thinking about trying to take them between 1:30 and 2:00 every day on my break at work, but I dont really want to do it at work I don't know what I should do. I guess I will try taking it at work the next couple days and see how it goes.

We finally got to BD again last night, it had been rocky there for a while cause I was having the mystery pain then AF came so it was nice to get back in the sack hehe.

Nothing really going on other than that and Im tired so I'm off to the couch with a book. Happy Hump day now go hump your hubby!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search