Becky's Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2010, 06:40 PM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Yikes Your OPKing sounds like a lot of work lol. What I do is take them first thing in the am when I wake up. If I get a + in the morning I try to BD asap..which usually isn't until later in the evening. When it's not quite + in the morning I OPK again in the afternoon to make sure I don't miss my surge. It's a pain to OPK twice in a day but I'm always nervous it'll be positive and I'll miss it. I hope you figure out a time that will work well for you!

What book are you reading? A girl at work just borrowed me Nicholas Sparks new book called Safe Haven but I haven't started it yet.
November 12th, 2010, 08:40 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
christy - I am reading a great book (if you like a little mysetery and supernatural) called The Tale of Halcyon Crane by Wendy Webb. I can't put it down. Before that I just finished hidden by cathy glass which is an account of a foster childs journey through her home.very good as well.

I took my OPK's at work the last couple days but it's just so much work. I still don't know what I'm going to do about it. Nothing else new on the ttc front right now just waiting to O

Today was the first anniversary of my father-in-law's unexpected passing so thoughts and prayers for my hub and his mom would be appreciated. He had surgery to remove part of his liver was recovering fine the day after then went into a coma and died within the week. It's been a long and difficult year but in a way it has been a blessing because it brought us where we are now and thats a good place.

Im really tired and I want to get some BD in since i never know when Im going to O so I'm heading out. Sorry I don't have the energy to write in any other journals. Hopefully tomorrow.

November 13th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Becky thank you for the book recommendations - I will definitely check them out. My DH bought me a Nook a couple months ago and I love it.

Sorry your OPKs are giving you a hard time. Maybe you can just take them either first thing in the morning or in the evening when you get home from work? Do you work weird hours or something?

I'm sorry about your FIL - that must have been a hard day for you & your family. Losses are hard but they're even worse when they're unexpected.

I hope you're having a great weekend!
November 13th, 2010, 08:20 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your family is in my T&Ps.

Sending some O dust your way--

November 14th, 2010, 08:43 AM
I'm sick today and yesterday. Its a cold i guess with a headache, cough, and laryngitis. And I'm not producing very much cm because of it. Good thing I have preseed this cycle! I just hope it doesnt keep me from Oing. My OPK was getting darker last night although not that close to positive, but this morning it was completely blank. I'm going to test every 6 hours today just to see. I know I didnt miss it yet cause my temp went down this morning and its also still CD 13. But last month I'm pretty sure I O'd around 14 or 15 despite what FF says so it could be any time now. The problem is gonna be getting the BD in cause I'm sick and DH is a little sick as well, and he has a ridiculously busy day today. He left at 9 and wont be home till 9 or 10 tonight so I don't think he's gonna be in the mood. I might have to go to drastic measures to seduce him.

I basically have today and tomorrow off. I slept in this morning because I was so sick I figured what was the point in even being in church since I cant talk let alone sing. And since DH is going to be gone all day getting ready for this big choir concert he is hosting at one of his churches I just have to get the dishes and some laundry done before 6 when I will go to watch the concert. Then tomorrow is my real day off and I should only have to walk the dogs with DH before he leaves for school and do some laundry and cook dinner. So hopefully I will get better and O in the next couple days because once I start my work week Im exhausted every night.

Thats about it for me I have to go get some dog toys out since the pup is chasing his tail like a maniac and then Im going to chill on the couch and read.

Happy Sunday

November 14th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
I'm so sorry that you are sick! Are you using regular OPK's or digis? All I know is I didn't trust my OPK's this month and thought I would O early- stressed out myself and DH-- wore him out literally and O'd really late. Being sick can push it back later too. So don't stress if you are too sick to BD. Also in most cases your O day will be slightly different each month.

Feel better
November 15th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
booo for being sick close to O time!!!! hopefully it will push O back a bit so you dont have to worry about BDing untill youre feeling better!!!
November 15th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I'm sorry you're sick...especially so close to O time. Maybe O will hold off a couple of days until you're feeling better. I have had my OPK go from almost positive to blank, too...it's so weird. But it can be blank one day & blaring positive the next so you never know. Sorry your DH has to work later = mine is the same way...if he has a long day or something he will not want to and I'm like, Ummm...not an option! haha. jk. But really, we are already stressed enough about getting our timing right we shouldn't have to wonder if our DHs are going to cooperate.

Well, I hope youre feeling better today! :hugs:
November 15th, 2010, 05:02 PM
So my throat hurts really bad today but my voice is coming back and my overall whole self feels better I still dont feel like Im going to want to go to work tomorrow but that means losing a quarter of my paycheck so I guess Im going!

In other news my ovulation test is getting a little darker so Im thinking maybe it will be positive tomorrow, I missed my temp this morning though as we slept in till like 9. I definitely want to get some BD in tonight with pre-seed but DH doesnt get home till after 9 again. Oh well we can just have a quickie

Well time to start making dinner, soup! Yay!

November 17th, 2010, 06:08 PM
still sick, DH is sick too, and still no + OPK but maybe tomorrow? I've been having O cramps yesterday and today.

I know this is really stating the obvious but I just want to be a mom!

I don't really have anything else to say right now, Im at a low being so sick and still having to work and it being so close to O time.

November 18th, 2010, 06:00 PM
doxiemom24's Avatar Veteran
Sorry you're sick and feeling down in the dumps. I hope you get your + OPK and start feeling better so you can catch that eggie!

November 21st, 2010, 06:10 PM
Sorry for being MIA. DH and I had to take the youth group kids to a gathering this weekend. It was a really good time we stay in a hotel and they have youth led workshops and worship services along with games and late night activities like a dance and videogames. They have a lot of fun at them and so do we. So hopefully I can get caught back up on everyones journals tomorrow but then again probably not cause I am meeting my little sister to go shopping for christmas inspiration. And then we will be down at my parents for thanksgiving so it might be a while before I get caught up

So I'm still a little sick but definitely recovering I think and therefore I think I'm gearing up to O again. I was almost ready when I got sick and then I ended up back at square one. This time though I think its going to happen. I'm taking an OPK right now so we'll see. Earlier today it was definitely the darkest it's been but still not quite positive we are gonna get in som BD with preseed tonight just in case even though we won't enjoy it at all (hahaha yeah right) However DH is still in the thick of this virus so Im worried his little swimmers might not be in tip top shape. Oh well. I'm chalking this month up as a loss already but thats okay the only thing Im annoyed about is that I picked such a messed up month to try and start using OPK's good thing I got cheapies. Especially since my line that was so close to positive earlier is now nonexistant, how frustrating.

Lets hope next month is better all around.

November 22nd, 2010, 10:02 AM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Ugh-- I know how frustrating it is to start testing so early and have to wait soooo long to see a +. That is exactly what just happened to me. It does look like you are gearing up though for sure. Tons of O dust

I am glad you are feeling better!
November 23rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
Thanks Sam still no + Im so annoyed. I don't think I would be if I hadnt just started using the OPK's this cycle if I wasn't using them it wouldn't matter so much. Im just so tired of it. I dont even want to try next month. Maybe I wont bother. With the holidays and everything it's going to be a lost cause anyway. As far as that goes this month probably is as well. We are going to have my MIL and BIL here tomorrow night then we will all be staying at my parents along with my sis and her BF then we have to spread my FIL's ashes on saturday so I dont think DH is really going to be in the mood fri or sat. So if I O in the next couple days theres not much hope. However if it waits until after the weekend I will just be more annoyed for wasting tests. And its going to be so hard to remember to take my temps and test at my parents and i dont think my temps will mean much anyway cause the upstairs is unheated and we have to use an electric blanket. UGH Im just annoyed with it all. I just want to have a baby appear in my arms like POOF there it is!

November 23rd, 2010, 05:46 PM
Sorry Becky Hopefully this cycle isn't a lost cause for you and things pick back up. I feel like you and me both are just Debbie Downers this week and feeling annoyed/angry/upset, etc.

I hope this weekend is ok for you and your family, you are in my thoughts & prayers.

November 26th, 2010, 06:53 PM
I think I'm done...at least until January. I'm just so frustrated and stressed out right now and as much as I like having people to talk to and as happy as I am for all the girls on here getting their BFP's I think it is making it worse for me. I obsess about it way more now than I did before and it's starting to make me feel bad about myself. I think Im just in a difficult phase of this process, I'm not hopeful and excited anymore, but Im not tough and accepting yet either. I don't know but I want to just enjoy the seaon and not be worrying about temps and opks and hpts. Also we have the meeting to begin the foster parent application in a few weeks and I just want to be more relaxed and in better spirits for everything. That said if I get lonely or desperate or I can't quit the addiction of TTC then I will be back but I want to try and take a break. I'm still gonna check the boards cause I want to celebrate all those BFP's comin our way and I still want to be here for you girls, but Im not going to post in here and Im not going to temp or test.

November 27th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Hopefully a break brings you some good news, and I'll be here for when you come back. I feel like you and I are in the same boat right now, and am hoping that we both get our BFPs soon.

Make sure you update us when you are ready to come back. Feel better!

November 29th, 2010, 07:04 PM
I'm sorry Becky I hope a break from here, OPKs, and temping is just what you need. I know exactly what you mean about becoming obsessive being in a hard place in this process. Please KUP on how you're doing & keep up updated on the fostering application. I think it's wonderful that you might become foster parents. good luck girl!
December 25th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Well it's Christmas day and my longest cycle since TTC is finally over and we did our first BD of the new cycle! (too early I know but can't hurt haha) I will start taking my temp and doing my OPK's again when we get home from my parents on Tuesday, and DH and I both have the week off so we can get in lots of practice!

I'm also calling on Tuesday to make an appointment with my Dr. For my first "infertility appointment." Up until now we have just been tracking my cycles and doing some tests just to get a better idea whats going on and trying to TTC better through charting and such, however since it has been another 6 months and I am still not pregnant it's time to start talking strategy. I'm happy because I'm ready to get things rolling but Im also sad because I'm still unsure if I'm ready to be medicated, I cant decide how I really feel about it, but I am making the appointment and we will talk about it there Im sure.

We havent submitted our application for foster parenting yet because we have to get something notarized and since i work through business hours we havent been able to go. We could go this week and we probably will, but now the longer we wait the more nervous I get about that if we are really ready to do it and if I would even be a good parent with my work schedule and then I think about if I should get a different job, but theres nothing out there with better hours that pays as well, and I just get all worked up about the whole thing, but I know that if I just do it, I will feel better about it and it will be almost a year before we get any kids anyhow so Im worrying for nothing I think. Anyway thats what is new with me and what is going on in my head. Hope you all are having a Merry Christmas and I'm excited to start posting more again!

December 28th, 2010, 04:31 AM
I'm glad you're back and that your long cycle is over!! Hopefully they become more regular soon!

I think if foster parenting is something you really want to do then you should just go ahead and jump in! This way the application is taken care of and things can move forward. There will always be something to worry about, but I say take everything as it comes rather than get worked up about it. Good luck!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search