Brooke's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2010, 07:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
sorry to hear your feeling down today hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you.....these long cycles sure test ones patience more then necessary..thats for sure.....
i would probably start temping just so 1)you get used to it and 2)you can print it off and give it to your obgyn on the 22nd (i imagine it would be good for him/her to see if your temps are steady or up/down/all over the place)
.......my obgyn is going to get the last 6 months of my life on paper, lol!! (how has it already been 6months??? geeeeezeeeee!!!)
November 8th, 2010, 03:19 PM
doxiemom24's Avatar Veteran
CD 90

Well I keep checking the toilet paper like a maniac. Feeling for any signs that AF may be near. I thought I felt a little crampy yesterday like maybe she would show herself, but no luck so far. I started temping this morning to get into the habit. I'm anxious to see how it all works because at this point I'm totally clueless when it comes to that stuff. I did watch the FF videos though and that helped.

I'm making desperate attempts to keep being positive about this whole process. I've done pretty well the past couple of days. I've also been super busy so that helps keep me focused and I spend less time worrying about all the "what ifs."

I really love this time of year. November seems to be going by so quickly. DH already put Christmas lights up and I've already started listening to Christmas music. I know it bothers some people to start Christmas stuff this early but I can't help it! I'm trying to make an effort to not skip over Thanksgiving, I just didn't have many fall decorations so I'm kind of over that and ready to bring out the reindeer and ceramic elves. I did think I would be pregnant by this time so that's kind of a bummer - but maybe by this time next year I'll have a LO!

November 8th, 2010, 03:31 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Wow 90 days I'm sorry I know how frustrating it can be, I've gone 4 months without any sign of AF before. I used to enjoy it haha but when you want a baby it's not so fun. Keep hanging in there. It's good that you are temping because it can really help you figure out why AF isnt showing, and if you finally do O at some point you might just have time to catch the eggie! Good luck being patient.

BTW ~ DH and I signed up for the informational meeting for Fostering! I'm so excited!

November 8th, 2010, 06:11 PM
That is exciting! I was looking fostering info yesterday. They have trainings starting soon so I need to talk to DH! Let me know how your meeting goes.

November 12th, 2010, 07:36 AM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Popping in to say hi! Hope all is well!
November 12th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Hi Christy! Thanks for checking in on me!

CD 94

Well you can see from my post on the main board that there's stuff happening with my lady parts, but not totally sure what. I guess some action is a good thing.

Not much going on with me really. I am still counting down the days until my appt and also counting down days until Thanksgiving break, because my 1st graders are making me looney...

My bro-in-law has kind of been pissing me off lately. Him and his wife announced their pregnancy the same day as their wedding in June of '09 and I was devastated. I still don't think DH even realizes how upset I was. I wanted to have the first grandbaby, darnit! (BIL is DH's younger brother.) This was before we started trying so at that point I had no idea it would be so hard for us. Since we've been trying for 6 mos or so its been increasingly more difficult to see them and my nephew. I love them, but its really hard for me to be around them. Plus, BIL always makes comments about how his son is such a "life ruiner" and how he "ruins all my fun" which I think is terrible. And also pretty insensitive since he knows we've been trying have been unsuccessful. I assume he's just joking and trying to be funny, but I don't really think its something you should say. BIL has also told DH that DH isn't ready to have a baby and we're way more prepared than they were! It just makes me sad and I find myself avoiding situations where I'll have to see them. I feel guilty for that and I love my nephew, but it makes my heart hurt. Also, it doesn't help when we go out in public and people think he's ours because he has red hair and so do I. Ugh, thanks for letting me get that out!

Hope everybody has a good weekend! Really hoping Sooner football turns out better tomorrow...

November 14th, 2010, 11:34 AM
CD 2

YAY! AF finally decided to make her appearance! Excited to start a new cycle!

November 14th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Yay for af

I totally know how you feel. One of my biggest pet peeves these days is to have my friend complain about being a mom ( to me)!! Maybe they think that by bringing up the bad points it won't make us feel bad or maybe.... they don't think at all
November 14th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i see AF has finally visited!!! hooray for a new cycle!!!!

i get SO mad when i hear people complaining about being a parent!!! theres this one couple we know through andrews work and hes fine but shes always like 'ugh, youre driving me crazy!' 'is it your bed time yet?' 'would you just sit still! ugh! i cant handle it!' .....and hes only 1....doing absolutely NOTHING wrong; he will just be playing and busy like a normal 1 year old! its SOOOO hard to go over there and watch her
......atleast when we all get to be mommies we'll appriciate our kids!!! i wish 'oops's' just didnt happen cause those parents have no appriciation for having their kids!!!

Last edited by LiveLoveLaugh; November 14th, 2010 at 12:14 PM.
November 14th, 2010, 02:15 PM

Hooray for AF! I hope this is your last crazy cycle and you're back into the 'normal' swing of things!!
November 17th, 2010, 06:22 PM
CD 5

If one more person tells me that I'm young and "have lots of time" to have kids or that I should just "relax and it'll happen" I may much them in the face. It makes me feel really stabby!@(#$^*#$*

That is all.

November 24th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Well its been a few days since my RE appt and I'm ready to make a journal post. I did make a quick update on the main board so this is probably a bit of a repeat.

My appointment was Monday at 3:45 and I didn't leave until 6:00! Let me start off my saying I really liked the doctor and staff. He is also a participating physician with the best fertility clinic in the state and one of the top in the nation so I do feel like I'm in good hands. I've always felt, for a long time, that things weren't "right" with my body and somehow knew that getting pregnant wouldn't be easy for me. I had already diagnosed myself with PCOS because I had all the symptoms. After consulting with the doctor he did some bloodwork and wanted to make sure that I didn't have congenital adrenal hyperplasia (still waiting for those results). Then he did a vaginal ultrasound. That revealed a couple of things, including polycistic ovaries. He diagnosed me with PCOS right away. Then he noticed a few other things. First he discovered a 3cm cyst on my right ovary/fallopian tube area. He can't tell for sure but said it could be blocking my tube. Next was the sub septate uterus. Basically, a heartshaped uterus, which is a birth defect. So even if I was to ovulate, it wouldn't be able to implant or I would suffer an early loss. Dr. also says there's a possibility of endo. The PCOS cannot be treated until the subseptate uterus is fixed.

The next step is an opeartive laparascopy and hysteroscopy. I haven't decided when to schedule it yet.

Even though I felt really hopeless when I left the doctor and my head was spinning, I'm doing ok. I'm trying to be positive and the dr. and his staff seemed optimistic that this can all be fixed. I definitely wasn't expecting all of that news, but I at least have the answers I've been wanting for a long time.

I'm feeling a little relieved even to be on a forced TCC break. DH and I are going to enjoy the holidays and take a much needed rest. Hopefully 2011 will bring a BFP!

Thanks for reading.

November 24th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Brooke that sounds like an overwhelming doctor's appointment and although it doesnt sound you got news you were looking to get...at least now you know what you're "working" with. And hopefully you'll be able to work with your dr and DH to get your bfp. I'm glad you're being positive although i'm sure it's hard I hope you are truly able to enjoy the holidays and then start preparing for your bfp in 2011!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search